Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VermiciousKnid84
May 28, 2004
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
If anyone wants to be a filthy cheater, I think this is the most easy-to-use, mature Pokemon Go map project out there: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongodev/comments/4tojmo/pokemon_go_map_desktop_app/ .

Make sure to use a burner Google account so you don't get banned!

And if you want to search a different location than your current one, there's directions in that reddit thread on how to hardcode a location into the login.html file for the program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

So it looks like the Japan release date was a mistranslation, and Japan can hopefully expect to hear some details about release by tomorrow. Maybe.

So the servers can live a little longer before the biggest mobile market on Earth causes them to explode.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

The Bible posted:

So it looks like the Japan release date was a mistranslation, and Japan can hopefully expect to hear some details about release by tomorrow. Maybe.

So the servers can live a little longer before the biggest mobile market on Earth causes them to explode.

oh thank gently caress

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I just had a great night! Went back to the same park as last night. I noticed that the gym on the way was Yellow! Hell yeah! Chucked a Pokémon in ut. Kept going and a bunch of the stops at thebpark were lured, and I met a guy who was the guy who was taking all the gyms for yellow (they have been red or blue since I found them). I was still just level 8, but I was able to collect 30 coins just from being on this guys team.

And thats not all! I caught an Abra!

And I hit level 9 and got my first lucky egg. I don't have enough pidgy candies to use it just yet, but in a day or two I'll be ready to slingshot a few levels.

And the app only froze one time.

This game is fun.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

There's a Dragonite near my apartment but I can't track it down because of the 3 steps thing. :bahgawd:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
The park near my house has so many pokestops and people running around that the cops have stopped kicking people out after sundown. They did it once but more people show up every night.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

VermiciousKnid84 posted:

If anyone wants to be a filthy cheater, I think this is the most easy-to-use, mature Pokemon Go map project out there: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongodev/comments/4tojmo/pokemon_go_map_desktop_app/ .

And if you want to search a different location than your current one, there's directions in that reddit thread on how to hardcode a location into the login.html file for the program.

yo this owns, I wish it was on mobile though

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

VermiciousKnid84 posted:

I can't get it to work for some reason.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

gay picnic defence posted:

I can't get it to work for some reason.

You've been banned already sorry

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

SuperKlaus posted:

Oh so I won't forfeit any level up bonus items if I go on an evolve spree with a full bag? I would really like to know

Nope, you won't lose anything. It just adds them to the bag and you are over the limit.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I hate every one of you that can catch poo poo from your house/workplace. I live in between 3 parks and none are stops and random pokemon dont show up in my house no matter how long I leave the stupid thing open. :saddowns:

I did head downtown yesterday with my brother to the only place in the whole city where 3 stops are all within click range and chilled there for 35 minutes, caught some pokemon, listened to some funny stories from people that had been there for the last few days, went and got some Smoke's philly cheesesteak poutine, then called it a day. I had fun, but it would do wonders to have more places like that for a city with a population of 215k since its just so out of the way and theres nowhere to park if you dont live within walking distance.

e:

Joink posted:

Found secret spot in Canada for lots of Pokemon's. Every Time Hortons in the country.

I already said they could fix 99% of problems regarding lack of stops in Canadian cities by turning every Tim Hortons into one. :v:

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 20, 2016

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Found secret spot in Canada for lots of Pokemon's. Every Time Hortons in the country.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I had a productive day

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I'm annoyed that I don't have a burner cell phone to use for this throwaway yahoo account used for a throwaway PTC account for this app

also apparently there's a squirtle two blocks away (and a FUCKLOAD of drowzee) but I'm not going down 9 floors at 1 am for that

e:^^ I hate you

Jen X fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 20, 2016

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Its servers have been up and down but in terms of cheat maps https://pokegps.info/go.php seems really easy to use and it works on mobile. Doesn't seem to require a google account or anything. I haven't used it personally to catch pokemon so I'm not sure if it works but the stuff it says is nearby seems to line up with what the game does.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

mirthdefect posted:

You've been banned already sorry

I used a fake account. Does it need to be the same account I have my pokemon login under?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Bold Robot posted:

Its servers have been up and down but in terms of cheat maps https://pokegps.info/go.php seems really easy to use and it works on mobile. Doesn't seem to require a google account or anything. I haven't used it personally to catch pokemon so I'm not sure if it works but the stuff it says is nearby seems to line up with what the game does.

I've tried to use that one too but I only ever saw anything on it once.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I'm going to assume Niantic is aware of the Gimme 3 Steps glitch, right? I've hosed up my ankle and want to catch some Pokemon but I'm worried about going too far from home for another goddamn Tentacool I can't catch for whatever reason.

Also, over/under on them making some for all 5 Apple Watch users (or any other smart watch) for the eggs. I mean yeah it's easy to cheat with an actual pedometer but getting real sick of keeping the app open.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Bold Robot posted:

Every time I try to use it, it claims the servers are down (even when the app works great) and then shows me a Donate button. Homie, no, your site needs to work first.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

gay picnic defence posted:

I've tried to use that one too but I only ever saw anything on it once.

If you understand basic compiling Python code, you can run your own scanner from /Pokemongodev. Since Pokemon are all static locations it's helpful but does kill the exploring aspect of the game. I've compiled a map of my part of town, and came up with a good route for walking the dogs in my neighborhood.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Joink posted:

If you understand basic compiling Python code, you can run your own scanner from /Pokemongodev. Since Pokemon are all static locations it's helpful but does kill the exploring aspect of the game. I've compiled a map of my part of town, and came up with a good route for walking the dogs in my neighborhood.

Nah, I don't know anything about code. I was just hoping to have a look to see where they spawn frequently and maybe change the route I walk to uni based on that.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Joink posted:

I think you have very warped expectations of the vast, vast majority of people, friend

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Joink posted:

Hmm yes, let me learn some old snake coding language only known by the weird smelly nerds who never talk to anyone at the office so i can calculate the optimal path for a children's game.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Snatch Duster posted:

Hmm yes, let me learn some old snake coding language only known by the weird smelly nerds who never talk to anyone at the office so i can calculate the optimal path for a children's game.

basic python isn't that arcane jesus

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I saw a jiggly puff was near me and I started walking in a big circle and I noticed the little box in the bottom right flashed green a few times right before he appeared.

Does that act as a "warmer" sign or am I just high on burnt yard waste?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That just means the list has changed with stuff moving in/out of range.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

SynthOrange posted:

That just means the list has changed with stuff moving in/out of range.

It was the only thing on the list.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
So I'm stuck between learning parseltongue and ruining the thrill of the hunt or waiting for the nearby tracker to be unfucked.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
regarding the pokemon go map, there's a desktop wrapper version of it now. Bug free and smooth, but that's because it's late at night.

it'll be aces when it comes out on mobile, though.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
I know jack poo poo about python, but I got one of the map forks to work after a bit of googling. It doesn't tend to work out of the box, tho.

This is a thing, however. https://pokevision.com/

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

socialsecurity posted:

Got to use Bluestacks on your pc then root it and run FakeGPS, FakeGPS is capable of running just like your phones GPS through bluestacks so as long as you don't teleport too much or do stupid stuff you are fine. I mean I haven't been soft banned or anything yet but who knows if they ban me I won't be angry, there wasn't poo poo for spawns in my area and this way I can capture pokemon in Disney World from my desk at work.

I don't have bluestacks setup currently but I have Nox, which you can toggle root/superuser with in the settings, so I might give that a try then.

Dr Tran posted:

I had a productive day

You lucky bastard. :argh:

teen witch posted:

I'm going to assume Niantic is aware of the Gimme 3 Steps glitch, right? I've hosed up my ankle and want to catch some Pokemon but I'm worried about going too far from home for another goddamn Tentacool I can't catch for whatever reason.

Also, over/under on them making some for all 5 Apple Watch users (or any other smart watch) for the eggs. I mean yeah it's easy to cheat with an actual pedometer but getting real sick of keeping the app open.

There's zero chance that Niantic isn't aware of that issue.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
So tonight, at 12:30 AM est, I woke my gf up so she could catch a Pinsir that had spawned in our apartment. This is what my life has come to.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Fun Times! posted:

The park near my house has so many pokestops and people running around that the cops have stopped kicking people out after sundown. They did it once but more people show up every night.

Park near me has had its grass get turned into mud from the sheer amount of people.

Draconi Ann
Oct 4, 2006

I am an Angel of the Lord.

VermiciousKnid84 posted:

Cool, though I wish I could just drag the map in a direction and have a live view of what Pokemon are there instead of punching in the coordinates at the login screen.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Draconi Ann posted:

Cool, though I wish I could just drag the map in a direction and have a live view of what Pokemon are there instead of punching in the coordinates at the login screen.

I can't get the thing to work...

Draconi Ann
Oct 4, 2006

I am an Angel of the Lord.

Two Feet From Bread posted:

I can't get the thing to work...
Sometimes it shows me a blank white screen. I just quit the program and reload.

Would also be nice if there was a search function in this thing. It confirms my suspicion that there's a complete lack of Charmanders in the area. I want a Charizard, but if I can't find one, let me evolve one, jeez.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Draconi Ann posted:

Sometimes it shows me a blank white screen. I just quit the program and reload.

Would also be nice if there was a search function in this thing. It confirms my suspicion that there's a complete lack of Charmanders in the area. I want a Charizard, but if I can't find one, let me evolve one, jeez.

the maps circulating online only show pokemon that are currently spawned in the given area! keep refreshing / checking in at other times and see if it shows.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

To add to the Eevee trick pile, I'm one for one. Not that this means anything by itself, but more data is never bad.

an angry penguin
Oct 12, 2007

Been playing this since it came out in my country, and despite all the bugs and server issues I'm still enjoying it. I really wish it used the phone's pedometer though.

Yesterday I discovered the local hospital is a good place for Pokemon. While waiting for an appointment, I got myself a Meowth and Eevee :3: Along with a bunch of other types that I haven't seen spawn elsewhere in this town. (I am jealous of all you folks getting loads of Eevees. All I get around here are goddamn Drowzees. :argh:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Up to my rear end in bats

• Locked thread