Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
i can't figure out how to
This poll is closed.
remove 69 3.49%
the 420 21.24%
poll 1488 75.27%
Total: 1977 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
moranis put out a country album a couple years back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G73FqowUzYM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

LorrdErnie posted:

durham is way better than chapel hill nowadays chapel hill got way gentrified

chapel hill was gentrified about a century ago and durham's completely overrun with yuppie money now

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

they're universal, man

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Joementum posted:

no matter how many times we tell her not to, we've got one person who bumps every ticket that crosses her path from level one right to level four and today's her day on tickets :sigh:

translating from IT lingo this means she literally doesn't do her job right

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I am enjoying what I believe is referred to as a staycation.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
now you wanna talk a place that's been gentrified to hell and back, that's hillsborough

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Pirate a certain cable news network is hiring :-)

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

visceril posted:

"Here would you like to take my ticket for the Hindenberg?"

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

visceril posted:

i don't think he's quite rapey enough to run fox news

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
my boss is out today and nobody else really understands anything that I do here, so I'm going to play pokemon go all day

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Werner herzog should make a film about Pokémon go

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I think I am going to need to get a Roomba. I am having to sweep up at least an entire dog's worth of hair each day.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

visceril posted:

Way to not have PM

comes along bort posted:

i don't think he's quite rapey enough to run fox news

This might be the nicest thing said about me in this thread

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

These people see the capture of these cute fantastical creatures as an enjoyable past time

But where they see a game I see a small daily dose of poison to numb the knowledge or inevitable death

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

Disinterested posted:

would watch

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Disinterested posted:

“Tell me about an encounter with a Squirtle.”

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Hmm the McDonald's breakfast barely helped at all and now I'm bound to the penitential fires of delta

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

He saw himself as the Timothy Treadwell of Pokemon

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
theres like a hundred middle aged office workers walking around my office park catching pokemons at any given time

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
List of news services more competent than CNN

al-Jazeera
BBC
Oakville Elementary Weekly Bulletin
Pravda
CNN

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Aeryk posted:

theres like a hundred middle aged office workers walking around my office park catching pokemons at any given time

Murder them they long for death

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Disinterested posted:

Hmm the McDonald's breakfast barely helped at all and now I'm bound to the penitential fires of delta

why did you think that was a good idea

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Gravel Gravy posted:

I think I am going to need to get a Roomba. I am having to sweep up at least an entire dog's worth of hair each day.

brush your dog

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

why did you think that was a good idea

Still drunk I guess

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i dont know 100% about you dis but im pretty sure when you atart eating the same food i eat bc i dont feel like fixing anything after work something has gone wrong

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

comes along bort posted:

brush your dog

I do. Daily.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

Disinterested posted:

Murder them they long for death

after we catch em all we are all going to ritually sacrifice ourselves

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
“Look into the eyes of a Torchic and you will see real stupidity. It is a kind of bottomless stupidity, a fiendish stupidity. They are the most horrifying, cannibalistic and nightmarish creatures in the world.”

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
“I don’t see it so much erotic. I see it more full of obscenity. It’s just – Nature here is vile and base. I wouldn’t see anything erotical here. I would see fornication and asphyxiation and choking and fighting for survival and growing and just rotting away. Of course, there’s a lot of misery. But it is the same misery that is all around us. The trees here are in misery, and the Pidgeot are in misery. I don’t think they sing. They just screech in pain.”

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Joementum posted:

“Look into the eyes of a Torchic and you will see real stupidity. It is a kind of bottomless stupidity, a fiendish stupidity. They are the most horrifying, cannibalistic and nightmarish creatures in the world.”

Joe post the cow milking Ama answer since I can't

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

they are a lot like chickens, yeah

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

How long before we can bio engineer Pokémon slaves for our children

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Well, I would say, reading is some kind of essential prerequisite to everything you do. Whether you are a scientist or a filmmaker, or just a normal human being working in a more "normal" profession. I cannot argue much about it. Read, read, read, read, read. The other side, traveling on foot, nobody does it and what I said will disappear into thin air any moment from now. Traveling on foot has actually given me insight into the world itself. The world reveals itself to one who travel on foot. I can give you one example, you start to understand the heart of men. I was, for a film, at the Johnson Space Center and had to take to five astronauts who had done a space mission in a space shuttle. I wanted to persuade them to be extras in the film in a very strange way. They were sitting in a semi circle when I was taken in and my heart sank that I didn't know "what should I say? what should I do?" I looked around and looked into their faces and all of a sudden I had the feeling, I understand these people. I understand the heart of these men and these women. I said "since I was a child, when I learned how to milk a cow with my own hands, I can tell that since I've traveled on foot and in the meadow first you milk a cow to have something to drink. I know by looking at faces, who is able to milk a cow." I looked at the pilot and said "you sir!" and he burst out in smiles and says "yes, I can milk a cow." Somehow when you make films, you understand the heart of men. In a way you cannot learn it, the world has to teach you. The world does it in it's most intense and deepest way when you when you encounter it by traveling on foot.

I'd like to add that when I travel by foot, I don't do it as a backpacker where you take all your household items with you, your tent, your sleeping bag, your cooking utensils. I travel without any luggage and I do not travel, let's say, the specific trail 2000 miles which is marked. I do traveling for very intense quests in my life. I do that on foot.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

its not very effective

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

quote:

Here’s some more irony for you: despite her stated support for women’s causes, Swift has yet to publicly endorse Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i absolutely love herzog and have seen most of his films. i can never decide if my favorite is Stroszek or Aguirre.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Disinterested posted:

How long before we can bio engineer Pokémon slaves for our children

not soon enough

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

The public mass backlash against Taylor Swift us by guilty pleasure news story of the year so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Disinterested posted:

The public mass backlash against Taylor Swift us by guilty pleasure news story of the year so far

When Hillary clinched the Democratic nomination in June, Perry was among the first celebs to congratulate her, tweeting, “A lot of little girls are in bed right now dreaming for the first time, without limits.” That’s exactly the sort of vaguely political, girl power sentiment that we’ve come to expect from Taylor Swift’s PR team. So why is Swift letting her nemesis become the next president’s uncontested First Pop Star?

• Locked thread