Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Seems like government interfering with church matters. Government benefits for couples should be 100% independent of religious ceremonies no exceptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
You don't have to have a religious ceremony to be married and it doesn't matter what kind of religious ceremony you use to be married so gov benefits are 100% independent of religious ceremonies already.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

Seems like government interfering with church matters. Government benefits for couples should be 100% independent of religious ceremonies no exceptions.

Yeah right, next thing we let them queers marry.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Captain Yossarian posted:

It is a very wise idea to regulate these things, and also the rainwater thing isn't true

Maybe here in the east it isn't. But go out west, and they care very much about water, who has it, and where it goes.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

notZaar posted:

Are you engaging in unlicensed LoB posting?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Tricky D posted:

*confuses licensing with permission*

*is libertarian*

How is operating a motor vehicle, both the driving by the individual and actually using public roadways with the vehicle itself, without proper licensing being illegal and punishable by fines and maybe jail time not effectively requiring government permission to do so?

Same with being married. Without a license, you enjoy none of the legal benefits of marriage. The government says that you're not married until we sign off on it, kthnxbai citizen.

I'm not a libertarian and I actually think the regulation and rule of law is an ok thing in general since there are often plenty of good reasons for it. Like building codes and zoning laws.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Tricky D posted:

You don't have to have a religious ceremony to be married and it doesn't matter what kind of religious ceremony you use to be married so gov benefits are 100% independent of religious ceremonies already.

If that was true why are gays pushing for marriage from the federal government? I don't believe you.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Pvt.Scott posted:

How is operating a motor vehicle, both the driving by the individual and actually using public roadways with the vehicle itself, without proper licensing being illegal and punishable by fines and maybe jail time not effectively requiring government permission to do so?

Same with being married. Without a license, you enjoy none of the legal benefits of marriage. The government says that you're not married until we sign off on it, kthnxbai citizen.

I'm not a libertarian and I actually think the regulation and rule of law is an ok thing in general since there are often plenty of good reasons for it. Like building codes and zoning laws.

same

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pvt.Scott posted:

This has to be trolling or an unattributed quote.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Pvt.Scott posted:

Permission implies that the government will deny a marriage or fishing license instead of just giving them away with no scrutiny for a small fee.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
What do ya MEAN I can't just do whatever I want all the time anywhere I want forever??!?

AMERICA???!? I THOUGHT? ??

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I'm married to my fleshlight, but I don't think she gets any of my 401k, thanks gov't

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
And what's all this crap about eating vegetables and doing my homework??!?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I have to get permission from the car dealership to drive a new Lexus because they won't give the thing for free.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Tricky D posted:

Permission implies that the government will deny a marriage or fishing license instead of just giving them away with no scrutiny for a small fee.

Age or parental permission is a hard requirement for a marriage license. When my father married my mother, he was only 20 and the state required an age of 21, so his parents had to go to the courthouse and fill out paperwork before the government would grant the license.

Sporting licenses like fishing, hunting, boating, etc often require safety courses and have age restrictions.

Money itself is a condition that must be met before approval.

License is a synonym of permission. "I grant you license," is an archaic way of saying "I give you permission."

You can do any of these things without the license of the government, but you are subject to punishment because you do not have permission to be doing them.

:goonsay:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pvt.Scott posted:

Age or parental permission is a hard requirement for a marriage license. When my father married my mother, he was only 20 and the state required an age of 21, so his parents had to go to the courthouse and fill out paperwork before the government would grant the license.

Sporting licenses like fishing, hunting, boating, etc often require safety courses and have age restrictions.

Money itself is a condition that must be met before approval.

License is a synonym of permission. "I grant you license," is an archaic way of saying "I give you permission."

You can do any of these things without the license of the government, but you are subject to punishment because you do not have permission to be doing them.

:goonsay:

I hate to be the one to tell you this but you are a broke brained sovereign citizen.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I didn't meant to start that derail but I love that it happened :911:

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
This facebook.png thread is getting a little too facebook.png for me.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Its beyond cool and good taht in america the land of the free you can join the army and go kill browns/die from an ied years before you can legally drink a beer lmao

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

:smugdon:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What the gently caress is going on in here, jesus christ

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Biplane posted:

Its beyond cool and good taht in america the land of the free you can join the army and go kill browns/die from an ied years before you can legally drink a beer lmao

Yeah that's p. funny.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Biplane posted:

Yeah I remember giving a poo poo about that briefly in my youth.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If I recall correctly, the rainwater thing became an issue when some dude in Colorado basically damned off huge part of his own property to create lakes and populated them with fish and stuff. AFAIK it's not blatantly illegal to catch rainwater in a barrel.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Double post cuck cuck im gay

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I guess the jokes on me for assuming that only teenage libertarian crybabies would sincerely compare purchasing a $25 solar fishing license from the kid in the sports section of Walmart to having to supplicate before the his royal majesty.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Twelve Batmans posted:

If I recall correctly, the rainwater thing became an issue when some dude in Colorado basically damned off huge part of his own property to create lakes and populated them with fish and stuff. AFAIK it's not blatantly illegal to catch rainwater in a barrel.

Oregon but yeah he was creating massive pools.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/rainwater.asp

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Annnnd this thread is now stupid as a facebook feed.

Unfollowed.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Twelve Batmans posted:

Double post cuck cuck im gay

same

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Captain Yossarian posted:

It is a very wise idea to regulate these things, and also the rainwater thing isn't true

Fed's are trying to uncover my underground rainwater racketeering ring!

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

OctoberBlues posted:

What the gently caress is going on in here, jesus christ

i don't think anyone knows anymore muffin

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

CannedMacabre posted:

Annnnd this thread is now stupid as a facebook feed.

Unfollowed.

Hello everyone, I'm letting you know I'm leaving Facebook.png for good this time. I won't be coming back and I am deleting my Facebook.png account. There's more I could be doing than looking at dumb posts. If you want to talk, call or text me like a real human being, not one of these mindless social media zombies. Goodbye Facebook.png

Oooo Martha just had a baby! Let's see the pics she put up on her profile!

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Going off the grid for a while. I'll be checking my inbox until tomorrow afternoon if you want to get ahold of me.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

2 days later: *Posts a trump meme*

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

SAY SOMETHING NICE ABOUT ME IN THE COMMENTS OR ELSE IM UNFRIENDING YOU

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Lol this is so us 100 emote

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

"omg heartbroken don't want to talk about it"

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Thanks to all those that showed up to Morgan's 3rd birthday party. It's always nice seeing who your true friends are. To those that couldn't make it, don't expect my family to come to your functions (Except you Tina, I know you were ill and had a legitimate excuse for not showing up). :)

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Why would you do this.

You know who you are.

(20 likes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Anderron Shi posted:

Thanks to all those that showed up to Morgan's 3rd birthday party. It's always nice seeing who your true friends are. To those that couldn't make it, don't expect my family to come to your functions (Except you Tina, I know you were ill and had a legitimate excuse for not showing up). :)

Fin

• Locked thread