Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ddogflex posted:

Where the hell do you find the demo? I can't find it on the webstore.

I found it under the Free tab which has a demos section but it won't let me download, gives an error and says Content Cannot be Selected at this Time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I got the same and had to start the download from the online PSN store.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Policenaut posted:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/games/the-king-of-fighters-xiv-demo/cid=UP2611-CUSA05607_00-KOFFREEDEMOTHEME

Should autocorrect to your American region if you're there. I just search New Arrivals this week whenever the store updates to find poo poo.

This, however, worked and it's downloading now. So try using the web store instead.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Policenaut posted:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/games/the-king-of-fighters-xiv-demo/cid=UP2611-CUSA05607_00-KOFFREEDEMOTHEME

Should autocorrect to your American region if you're there. I just search New Arrivals this week whenever the store updates to find poo poo.

Cool. Thanks!

I'm vaguely excited about this. I actually liked KOFXIII a fair amount.

I just wish I had a fightstick for PS4. I only have XB360 ones.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

For these demo launches i've found that you pretty much need to know exactly how the full title of the software is spelled and search for it in order to find and claim it. after a day or two it gets normal but at first...psn

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Its a space opera with one planet
See, this is why I don't "get" the Star Ocean games. You get a decent space opera setting complete with plasmablades, laserguns and starships and then you get to bum around on some medevial shithole of a planet for around 80% of the game, if you are lucky.

gently caress that poo poo and give us some decent sci-fi/space opera RPG:s instead.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

free Dizzy add-on

I wasn't paying attention so I didn't know that this was finally coming out today. :woop:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I think this is the worst sale I've seen on PSN. In a way i'm impressed.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Sylphosaurus posted:

See, this is why I don't "get" the Star Ocean games. You get a decent space opera setting complete with plasmablades, laserguns and starships and then you get to bum around on some medevial shithole of a planet for around 80% of the game, if you are lucky.

gently caress that poo poo and give us some decent sci-fi/space opera RPG:s instead.

I think the entire reason Star Ocean exists is because some ex-Tales developers wanted to make Not Tales games. Under that lens things make sense.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah, the sci-fi wrapping is purely a point of differentiation, they only ever wanted to just make more Tales games. They were all trekkies so they just decided to make a Star Trek style scifi world where people take the prime directive super seriously.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Coldforge posted:

Another sale incoming, this one "Superhero" themed.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/superhero-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-SUPRHROSLELP

No games listed yet, other than Injustice ($8/+$6) & Lego Marvel Avengers ($42/+$39).

I've never seen a Lego game keep its price for so long, it's kinda amazing.

Has anyone tried Moon Hunters? I backed it on KS but they haven't sent keys out yet it seems.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Is Not a Hero good?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kirios posted:

Nah, last week was worst if you ignore the flash sale.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kirios posted:

You should see the UK / Ireland store sales💀💀

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

1redflag posted:

Is Not a Hero good?

its not bad but its not super compelling either

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

1redflag posted:

Is Not a Hero good?

Awesome! posted:

its not bad but its not super compelling either

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anyone thinking about doing the PLAY promotion?
it's a good deal if for instance you buy Abzu and Brutal for 28 dollars and you are going to be able to spend 140 dollars or more in a single transaction between september 6th and october 4th with no preorders or plus memberships included

we'll probably just get the games down the road on sale or via plus without having to buy 3 other games on top anyway though so unless something gets rave reviews i'll probably wait

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

1redflag posted:

Is Not a Hero good?

I actually liked it quite a bit. It's a puzzle game at base if you try for the optional objectives and the different characters available are quite nice. The controls were tight enough my deaths were usually my own fault. I ended up 100%ing it because I was having a lot of fun completing objectives.

You have to have a tolerance for memes though. It builds sentences from randomized memes. Skippable by pressing X but whatever, I liked the idea of working for an insane murderous Mayor. Other than that caveat, really enjoyed.

Edit:

Real hurthling! posted:

anyone thinking about doing the PLAY promotion?
it's a good deal if for instance you buy Abzu and Brutal for 28 dollars and you are going to be able to spend 140 dollars or more in a single transaction between september 6th and october 4th with no preorders or plus memberships included

we'll probably just get the games down the road on sale or via plus without having to buy 3 other games on top anyway though so unless something gets rave reviews i'll probably wait

Brutal looks quite good but man it feels like a triple coin flip among the other three. Abzu might be super chill but I'm worried that no objective is going to eventually bore me. The Cirque Du Soleil fever dream seems like something but I don't even know what's going on. Headlander looks pretty standard but I like that style of game. I don't suppose you get two 20% coupons if you get four games?

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 20, 2016

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Sylphosaurus posted:

Cosmic Fantasy 2 was kind of like this but it did some ballsy things with the story and shifts in the setting so it worked out to being kind of awesome. I think the other games are more scifi but are of course not available in English.

I don't know where this "RPG MUST BE FANTASY" mindset comes from but it loving sucks. All the best RPGs are outside of the standard fantasy setting.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Anyone who has played Lifeless Planet on the PC, is it good?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sylphosaurus posted:

The Phantasy Star series had you going to other planets but that was back in the MD days :(

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I would kill for Sega to make a Phantasy Star V. A proper new Shining Force game would be cool, or even a translated release of all of III. None of that is ever gonna happen though :(

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Phantasy Star Nova is a pretty cool game even if it is just PSO2 feat. Monster Hunter, it'd be nice to have a game like that on a platform that can hit 60FPS.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Isn't Cosmic Star Heroine basically a Phantasy Star game in all but name? I haven't been keeping up on it but the trailer looked cool.

Also, I'll always kind of hate Star Ocean (or at least 3) because having a loving sweet opening and then doing nothing with it is such a waste of some really beautiful world design. I really want to see a game with a setting like that, a hyper-advanced Earth with sci-fi cities that actually build upon the current look.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

axleblaze posted:

I would kill for Sega to make a Phantasy Star V. A proper new Shining Force game would be cool, or even a translated release of all of III. None of that is ever gonna happen though :(

The Sega of today wouldn't do them justice, especially going by any Shining game made past Holy Ark/III.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

jabro posted:

It's real bad. It tries to tell a story, have puzzles, and be a platformer and it sucks at all three. Stay far away.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Internet Friend posted:

It's real bad. It tries to tell a story, have puzzles, and be a platformer and it sucks at all three. Stay far away.

That sucks. It looks real interesting. Oh well.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Isn't Cosmic Star Heroine basically a Phantasy Star game in all but name? I haven't been keeping up on it but the trailer looked cool.

I've looked it up and found the announcement trailer on the PS Blog, but I hope the enemies' and skills' description are placeholder ones - I don't expect Working Designs to translate write every skill description ever, but "Damage enemy" or "die" or "just an enemy, you know" is not something I want to read from a finished game.

Otherwise it looks fine and charmingly old-school, and for that price I can forgive a few flaws, I suppose

Edit: right, it's in English originally, no translation here

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jul 20, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What, there's no translation going on, it's a western developed game by the guys who did Breath of Death VII and Cthuhu Saves the World

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

jabro posted:

I really liked it. It has a subtle creepyness to it, like a Twilight Zone episode. I would wait for a sale though. I got it for $5 and that seems just right. There's not much to it.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

What, there's no translation going on, it's a western developed game by the guys who did Breath of Death VII and Cthuhu Saves the World

Right, a slip of the fingers, I meant their whimsical/humorous/elaborate writing style, even if they did tend to put jokes everywhere - but basically anything other that this super-basic descriptions would be better.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
The Battlefield 4 expansion Naval Strike is free this week:

PS4 version
PS3 version

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You should see the UK / Ireland store sales💀💀
i have when Yech would list em and there were some quite good ones :argh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They're usually poo poo. The EA one went on for soooo long. Like, getting BF4 for €10 was pretty sweet but that promo was up for what seemed like ever. I think I was a bit naive hoping that Overwatch would ever go on sale 😂

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

MisterAlex posted:

The Battlefield 4 expansion Naval Strike is free this week:

PS4 version
PS3 version

have china rising and second assault been free yet? wondering if i missed those or if they're still coming

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Davincie posted:

have china rising and second assault been free yet? wondering if i missed those or if they're still coming

Just Second Assault I think. Just checked my download list for PS3, since I have PS4's Pass. I've been trying to just collect everything.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

univbee posted:

I'm like 80% sure this'll get a limited UMD run, too.

OK I was partially correct, there's quite a bit of a plan here.

- Sidenote: PSP version is free if you own it digitally on other Playstation platforms, which wasn't the case when it was first uploaded.

- The PS4 physical disc version is being reissued with (way less cool) artwork.

-It looks like this will be more or less permanently available (as far as these things go at least) but the first 3000 copies will include a Steam key, a gold cover, and an empty PSP version case, which I guess means there are no plans to put it onto actual UMD's like Summon Night 5.

They go on sale Friday.

Now for actually good game news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-TorPBrwY

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

univbee posted:

- Sidenote: PSP version is free if you own it digitally on other Playstation platforms, which wasn't the case when it was first uploaded.

-It looks like this will be more or less permanently available (as far as these things go at least) but the first 3000 copies will include a Steam key, a gold cover, and an empty PSP version case, which I guess means there are no plans to put it onto actual UMD's like Summon Night 5.

They go on sale Friday.

OH MY GOD. PAC MAN LEFT THE TABLE. THIS IS A CODE 4 ALERT.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

univbee posted:

They go on sale Friday.

Dunno, I kinda like the box art, as it looks like the old River City Ransom one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Want that Pac-soundtrack

• Locked thread