Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
i can't figure out how to
This poll is closed.
remove 69 3.49%
the 420 21.24%
poll 1488 75.27%
Total: 1977 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i just sat through a half hour ethics training session that, among other things, advised me not to bribe foreign officials

welp, if you guys insist, but i totally had plans to take the chinese minister of trade out for some subway this evening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The only reason Southern Baptism isn't the worst sect is because prosperity gospel still exists.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

The US elected G W Bush

Twice

Bush was actually a fairly skilled retail politician and has a certain, low-cunning about him. Liberals constantly underestimated him.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Once In Glory Always In Glory is bullshit

its a pretty nice get out of jail free card tho, like as a scam its brilliant

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

V. Illych L. posted:

he actually ran a pretty good campaign for leader when he was elected leader

he's been much more inept as "leader" of the opposition, though that is at least partially connected to basically all his colleagues hating and fearing him and everything he stands for

Soooo, what does that mean?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

The US elected G W Bush

Twice

once* and not analogous to an internal power struggle???

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

Badger of Basra posted:

think about how inept you have to be to lose an internal power struggle to jeremy corbyn

"you should leave old man!"

"no"

"well, I give up, he's not budging"

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Randler posted:

The only reason Southern Baptism isn't the worst sect is because prosperity gospel still exists.

Most Southern Baptists are adherents to it, op

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I was raised southern baptist and you don't even have to do that. Just ask for forgiveness and BAM DONE

If you're a televangelist you can so it for a camera

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Oh and you have to truly intend to not do whatever you did again.

My dad once took away my beach boy cassette because he caught me dancing in my room

there we go, that's pretty much the backstory I'd expect you to have

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

labour is hosed, basically

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
beach boy casstte tape, i didn't realize argh was 50

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

he's bad at leading the opposition because their parliamentarians all have pictures of dear leader tony blair in pride of place on their walls to which they supplicate and speak prayers to when they wake and before they sleep and dear leader went to the media to say the labour party should die before it lets corbyn have any influence on their policy

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

i just sat through a half hour ethics training session that, among other things, advised me not to bribe foreign officials

welp, if you guys insist, but i totally had plans to take the chinese minister of trade out for some subway this evening

i dont know what industry you work in but a lot of companies especially in southern united states violate FCPA with mexican officials and in general it is good practice to insulate from liability by showing "see we have internal controls against fcpa violations like annual training!"

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
There are good things about Baptists as well, though.

Baptist-in-a-cage is a traditional church tower decoration in Germany.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
can you believe it, a man almost as old as euph 0_0

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i'm not sure how it happened, but the party seems to have been thoroughly infiltrated by the people with the highest ratio of lust for power to competence in the entire western world

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

mandatory lesbian posted:

can you believe it, a man almost as old as euph 0_0

The night is dark and full of terrors, op.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Bush was actually a fairly skilled retail politician and has a certain, low-cunning about him. Liberals constantly underestimated him.

Also the Dems made Kerry their candidate in 2004 haha

Kristov
Jul 5, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

Oh dang, I had to do a training assignment on that too recently. Weird, I wonder if there's a liability and compliance "season".

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

mandatory lesbian posted:

beach boy casstte tape, i didn't realize argh was 50

I wasn't allowed to have a CD player and I bought the cassette on the downlow

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Also the Dems made Kerry their candidate in 2004 haha

Kerry wasn't that bad of a candidate.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
why's NBC reporting that Charlie Crist is a Clinton VP possibility

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Puppy farted . Bad puppy

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

emdash posted:

I am pretty sure the Clinton camp is just pulling names out of a hat and leaking them for fun at this point.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

emdash posted:

nobody wants it to be tim kaine

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

american baptists post the second great awakening, that is pro-slavery baptist congregations that transitioned to pro-segregation and then anti-abortionism because they are actually just institutions for white dominionism (largely but not entirely embodied in the SBC), have basically nothing at all to do with baptists of any stripe in europe

or anywhere else

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I wasn't allowed to have a CD player and I bought the cassette on the downlow

so what kind of strange cult did your folks belong to

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
well, other then tim kaine, i guess

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I don't think anyone was expecting him to get clowned on his war record by bush

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Aeryk posted:

so what kind of strange cult did your folks belong to

A southern baptist church

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

he was a damp rag absent charisma because almost all massachusetts politicians nominated for president are (im allowing for kennedy here which people consider charismatic even though he talked like a goofy retard)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am pretty sure the Clinton camp is just pulling names out of a hat and leaking them for fun at this point.

i like this possibility

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
any other stripe of baptist would scoff at or find hilarious the idea of a central baptist authority that dictates what views a Real, True Christian has but that's the entire role of the SBC

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

UberJew posted:

american baptists post the second great awakening, that is pro-slavery baptist congregations that transitioned to pro-segregation and then anti-abortionism because they are actually just institutions for white dominionism (largely but not entirely embodied in the SBC), have basically nothing at all to do with baptists of any stripe in europe

or anywhere else

I'm open to importing American baptists, put them in cages and hang those on the towers of various cathedrals to establish a common trait between the sects.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I hope HRC says Bill then is just like hahaha jk it's Tim Kaine you dumb fucks

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

corbyn's made more silly mistakes than strictly necessary, though one might expect as much from an old man thrust into a position he never seriously thought he might have to deal with. specifically, he's chosen the wrong spots to stand his ground and made several compromises he probably shouldn't have

of course, now the PLP has pretty much destroyed any chance labour had at punishing the tories for the whole brexit fiasco and seriously inflamed tensions by launching this ridiculous coup attempt without any kind of real plan beyond relying on a notoriously stubborn man caving under pressure

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

emdash posted:

stupidity, i hope

there are better old dixiecrats available even if clinton is dumb enough to attempt recapturing the white working class with a throwback ticket

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Randler posted:

id expect nothign less from the country that brought the world the 30 yrs war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

he's the tim kaine of 2004

• Locked thread