Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
i can't figure out how to
This poll is closed.
remove 69 3.49%
the 420 21.24%
poll 1488 75.27%
Total: 1977 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

UberJew posted:

american baptists post the second great awakening, that is pro-slavery baptist congregations that transitioned to pro-segregation and then anti-abortionism because they are actually just institutions for white dominionism (largely but not entirely embodied in the SBC), have basically nothing at all to do with baptists of any stripe in europe

or anywhere else

the "baptists" randler's referring to were a weird anabaptist millenarian sex cult with more in common theologically with mennonites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

emdash posted:

why's NBC reporting that Charlie Crist is a Clinton VP possibility

who

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Kerry wasn't that bad of a candidate.

droopy dog looking mother fucker married to a ketchup magnate

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Disinterested posted:

I don't think anyone was expecting him to get clowned on his war record by bush

I remember actually us (Young Dems/Dems) talking about it being a real strength compared to Bush having daddy get him in the reserves and him just snorting coke the whole time, while John Kerry was a decorated war Vet.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

Randler posted:

I'm open to importing American baptists, put them in cages and hang those on the towers of various cathedrals to establish a common trait between the sects.

what's the catch?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

former republican governor of florida, lost two senate races (one as an independent, one as a democrat) after being drummed out of the gop for accepting federal aid in areas where this has been deemed ideologically incorrect

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Aeryk posted:

what's the catch?
It's a trick, they want to be showered in prodigious american excrement.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i appreciate the incandescent hatred in jeremy corbyn's eyes

"there is a man I could follow," I think

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I remember actually us (Young Dems/Dems) talking about it being a real strength compared to Bush having daddy get him in the reserves and him just snorting coke the whole time, while John Kerry was a decorated war Vet.

That was the consensus before he got mugged by reality

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

unelectable former republican governor who became a democrat to try to become governor of florida again and lost against rick scott who looks like a lizard penis and has like a 30% approval rating

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

PupsOfWar posted:

former republican governor of florida, lost two senate races (one as an independent, one as a democrat) after being drummed out of the gop for accepting federal aid in areas where this has been deemed ideologically incorrect

sounds like a real solid pick

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

PupsOfWar posted:

also, looks like a suitcase

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

I'm open to importing American baptists, put them in cages and hang those on the towers of various cathedrals to establish a common trait between the sects.

i'd have thought you'd want to hang the non-SBC baptists that actually espouse freedom of conscience

the SBC are basically just catholics that report to a committee instead of a pope and call it 'farewelling' rather than excommunication, really as a devout catholic i don't know why you wouldn't get along with your fellow travelers in the war on women

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Disinterested posted:

That was the consensus before he got mugged by reality

i'm still not entirely sure i buy swiftboating as connected in any way but the most tenuous to "reality" tbh

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

PupsOfWar posted:

i appreciate the incandescent hatred in jeremy corbyn's eyes

"there is a man I could follow," I think

thats just his passion for making jam shining through

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Jagchosis posted:

the "baptists" randler's referring to were a weird anabaptist millenarian sex cult with more in common theologically with mennonites

oic

you learn something new every day

Kristov
Jul 5, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

sounds like a real solid pick prick

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

please dont post excerpts from my diary

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

V. Illych L. posted:

labour is hosed, basically

Does this mean that the UK's Parliament is as productive as Congress? How many bills did Congress pass in 2015 anyway?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
that post is unkind but i think i am still miffed about the untermensch crack

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

UberJew posted:

that post is unkind but i think i am still miffed about the untermensch crack

meth?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

i'm still not entirely sure i buy swiftboating as connected in any way but the most tenuous to "reality" tbh

I mean not realizing it was possible to channel the jingoistic energy of the country against a vet

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

emdash posted:

why's NBC reporting that Charlie Crist is a Clinton VP possibility

maybe its a plan to throw pence off in the debate by having him meltdown over a fan

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Does this mean that the UK's Parliament is as productive as Congress? How many bills did Congress pass in 2015 anyway?

hmmm? the tories have a majority in a sovereign parliament, they get to pass anything they can agree on internally

which isn't everything, granted, but still

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

UberJew posted:

oic

you learn something new every day

they took over randler's lovely hometown in the middle ages, one of their leaders decided god was on his side and rode out against the army besieging their city alone and subsequently had his severed cock nailed to their gates. the remaining leaders were left in cages hanging in front of the chapel to rot and those cages are still there today

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Aeryk posted:

there we go, that's pretty much the backstory I'd expect you to have

Am I that hosed up and cliche?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Disinterested posted:

I mean not realizing it was possible to channel the jingoistic energy of the country against a vet

turns out our military-worship is incredibly disingenuous

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jagchosis posted:

they took over randler's lovely hometown in the middle ages, one of their leaders decided god was on his side and rode out against the army besieging their city alone and subsequently had his severed cock nailed to their gates. the remaining leaders were left in cages hanging in front of the chapel to rot and those cages are still there today

would this be jan van leidens takeover of munster

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I'm assuming many lectures about how 'real men' act

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Was this your dad?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

would this be jan van leidens takeover of munster

yes and the crackdown gives randler a hard on every time he thinks about it

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Jagchosis posted:

but is the cocknail still there

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I thought Randler was Austrian. Or was that more Randler misinfo.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Münster and Munster are different cities, you imbeciles. :colbert:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
randler is a stealth austrian, sent to infiltrate and demoralize the industrious north german states with his feckless popery

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Aeryk posted:

I'm assuming many lectures about how 'real men' act

Si

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the most hilarious part of the whole labour omnishambles is that they just wasted the biggest opportunity they had to make some headway against a government in complete disarray to launch a pathetic attempt at grabbing a position they themselves have repeatedly declared effectively worthless

now, instead of the tories suffering, theresa may has an eleven-point lead and a honeymoon period in which she may do whatever she pleases

it boggles the mind

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gently caress ur umlaut karl murphei

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

pangstrom posted:

I thought Randler was Austrian. Or was that more Randler misinfo.

I see how you can make the leap from Catholic fascism but only a north German could have his sneering sense of superiority

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

it was all lies, he may have meant well

• Locked thread