Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
i can't figure out how to
This poll is closed.
remove 69 3.49%
the 420 21.24%
poll 1488 75.27%
Total: 1977 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Gravel Gravy posted:

Was this your dad?

No my dad was not a preacher he was career military

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

V. Illych L. posted:

hmmm? the tories have a majority in a sovereign parliament, they get to pass anything they can agree on internally

which isn't everything, granted, but still

I am a buffoon who should probably learn more about the UK's political climate. Please ignore me.

I just got called anti-Semite for not buying a hotdog

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Arrgytehpirate posted:

No my dad was not a preacher he was career military

Air Force officer? Probably intelligence?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

V. Illych L. posted:

the most hilarious part of the whole labour omnishambles is that they just wasted the biggest opportunity they had to make some headway against a government in complete disarray to launch a pathetic attempt at grabbing a position they themselves have repeatedly declared effectively worthless

now, instead of the tories suffering, theresa may has an eleven-point lead and a honeymoon period in which she may do whatever she pleases

it boggles the mind

and the ukip vote, which labour has to win to be competitive, is now super up for grabs at last

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

I am a buffoon who should probably learn more about the UK's political climate. Please ignore me.

I just got called anti-Semite for not buying a hotdog

ah, i see you have something in common with jeremy corbyn then

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Disinterested posted:

and the ukip vote, which labour has to win to be competitive, is now super up for grabs at last

disinterested, you must have some insight in the minds of these people

what the devil were they thinking

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Randler posted:

Münster and Munster are different cities, you imbeciles. :colbert:

What is Muenster?

And who are the Munsters?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Disinterested posted:

if labour has to win the ukip vote to be competitive they should just dissolve tbh

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Randler posted:

No shipping.

Also wrong branch iirc

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

V. Illych L. posted:

ah, i see you have something in common with jeremy corbyn then

Two things actually if you read my post

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Is the "over the top" thread title a reference to Trump turning his hat backwards or something?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
dating old money makes one a class traitor C/D

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

UberJew posted:

if labour has to win the ukip vote to be competitive they should just dissolve tbh

[extremely jacobin voice] the white working class

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh man, I just deleted like 2gb worth of ebooks off my tablet and i still got another gig to sort through but now I'm down to all the stuff that I'm like maybe in my dreams I'll actually sit down and read this and I'm starting to hesitate...

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

disinterested, you must have some insight in the minds of these people

what the devil were they thinking

It's simultaneously over and under estimating corbyn

Only an idiot would do what he's doing but he's a determined idiot

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

pangstrom posted:

Is the "over the top" thread title a reference to Trump turning his hat backwards or something?

they had a giant OVER THE TOP graphic on the big screen at the RNC last night

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

Lotka Volterra posted:

do you plan on murdering them and distributing their wealth?

Kristov
Jul 5, 2005

Lotka Volterra posted:

Deny

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Randler posted:

Seal. He was pretty mad I never went beyond normal infantry. I got asked how my ranger packet was coming along every few months

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

pangstrom posted:

It was the background at the rnc stage when they officially gave Trump the nom

Efb

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Lotka Volterra posted:

this very much depends on your class

Disinterested posted:

It's simultaneously over and under estimating corbyn

Only an idiot would do what he's doing but he's a determined idiot

how so? i fail to see how stepping down would benefit corbyn's agenda at all

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"OVER THE TOP" is indicative of the GOP about to be massacred by machine guns emplacements and coordinated artillery fire

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Aeryk posted:

do you plan on murdering them and distributing their wealth?

i can neither confirm nor deny this

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Gravel Gravy posted:

No shipping.

Also wrong branch iirc

Referencing this GiP thing, not resident career murderbeast Jagchosis.

quote:

Go ask the career development folks at the MPF. Also pimp the TMO folks and ask them.

The final answer comes from one of those two sources. And in the end you have a 50/50 chance of being told the wrong thing anyway.

But you asked for thoughts, and after smoking a bowl and contemplating things, I had a thought I'd like to share with you.

Have you considered not marrying your fiancee?

I can count on one finger the number of guys that were USAF intel officers that I wouldn't line up outside the gas chambers if the fourth reich became a thing.

A few years from now, when you can't even stand to look at him without feeling a sense of extreme hatred and disappointment simultaneous to realizing that at 28 years old you spend 50% of your day thinking about becoming a divorcee, remember this advice: Run the gently caress away now.

Seriously, there is a 100% chance your fiancee is a tool and a loving nitwit. There is a 100% chance that he will be peer pressured into becoming a distilled version of fighter pilot gay bro'ness not by dudes that fly fighter jets, but other sperged out intel retard officers. He's going to start saying things like "Check, Rodge, Vector, Burner" and other associated lame as gently caress things, while also sometimes randomly wearing a flightsuit to work on Fridays despite his only flight time being the fam flight he poo poo his pants or puked his guts up during.

Also he's going to cheat on you. Oh man is he going to cheat on you. And there is a not too bad chance that it won't be with some good looking gal, but rather some dumb bitch enlisted intel girl that almost got a degree in psychology from her podunk state school before she decided she hated the taste of gargling frat sperm and dropped out and joined up to get a chance at being the hottest little twat in a windowless SCIF in Japan.

But don't worry about that breaking your heart, he'll never tell you. You'll be too busy caring for the 3-4 kids he demands you squeeze out in repayment to the base model BMW 3 series he's going to buy you when he gets to his second assignment at Tinker AFB.

When he's not deep dicking some borderline inbred dipshit Airman who's a civilian 5 and intel 12, he'll be lording over you how his job and career come first, and pray he doesn't make more money than you because that'll come up everytime you sigh audibly at the dinner table where you two will passive aggressively try to grind down each others will to live and breathe.

By this point as a captain he's going to be TDY 1-2 months a year, where he's getting half assed hand jobs from third tier strippers on excursions with the least socially inept enlisted guys in his flight-- this is probably the point where his raging alcoholism will be so clear and obvious to you that you two will start fighting every saturday before kick off when his colleges football team inevitably will take a beating. This fight won't stop until his next TDY when the sweet release of his toothless stripper infidelities and lack of home presence gives you time to bust out your big giant purple *BZZZZZ* friend whenever those walking talking pants making GBS threads machines you call children fall asleep long enough to let you deaden the nerves in your clitoris.

Soon after he'll take his third assignment, the one right before he pins on Major, and suddenly he'll be pressuring you into becoming a fundamentalist christian, and he'll delete all of his whores off of his facebook account and spend his home time posting image macros about 2nd amendment rights, and how jesus spoke english in the bible so these loving mexicans should too. At this point you two will be consigned to bi-annual loving, and only when you've drank enough cheap boxed wind to be able to stand the idea of him pounding away on you missionary style but still refusing to look you in the eyes.

This will also be the point when your oldest childs ADHD and pyromania are diagnosed, and one of your parents die. There is around a 85% chance one of you is going to be eating zoloft and klonopin out of loving pez dispensers, and waking up angry that the sweet release of death hasn't taken one of you out of this loveless hosed up marriage.

Somewhere in here the idea of swinging is going to come up casually as an almost joke when you are both in the blissful release of a nice drunken buzz, and one of you will actually be very open and interested in the idea. The other is going to wind up being an unhappy accomplice wondering why your partner wants to gently caress almost chubby guys with spray on tans, or watch the sacred hole through which your children came into this world be filled with all manner of different ethnicities of cock.

I'm late to bring this up, but sooner rather than later you're also going to screen positive for HPV, and your intel officer husband is going to take every bit of research skills he has from his job to convince you that you got it from donating blood or sitting on a toilet seat.

You didn't get it from the Red Cross or a trip to the shitter.

As it stands now though, you can walk the gently caress away and enjoy a life that I'm pretty sure would be better than the above. And you'll never have to see the inside of an officers wives meeting which is a lovecraftian hell that makes my description of your future seem like Charlie's trip through the chocolate factory.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Lotka Volterra posted:

fishmech probably has the answer to this

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

paranoid randroid posted:

"OVER THE TOP" is indicative of the GOP about to be massacred by machine guns emplacements and coordinated artillery fire
*WW1 whistle noise*

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

paranoid randroid posted:

I was thinking more the Stallone flick

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

UberJew posted:

It's not going to get the angry old people bit but the white working class bit did used to in large part

To put it another way, the reason I wasn't impressed with corbyn getting his party to vote for remain is that it's still just a rump party without Scottish voters, or the voters it lost to ukip or to the lib Dems who then went tory

Like yeah you convinced the people who were already with you but none of the people you actually have to get to vote for you in the general to win anyway big woop

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

When I got out of the military my dad told me he was glad I survived but he wished I had achieved my full potential. I was 24 when I got out. Idk why I'm venting to ya'll about old poo poo but

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

"hi jeremy, these people whom you knew hated you hate you. please step down"

"no"

"egads, we are undone"

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Lotka Volterra posted:

are you literally living the song common people, are you just from a reasonably high class background yourself or is her old money not actually the much money ityool 2016

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Arrgytehpirate posted:

When I got out of the military my dad told me he was glad I survived but he wished I had achieved my full potential. I was 24 when I got out. Idk why I'm venting to ya'll about old poo poo but

Your dad was a piece of poo poo and likely hosed with you brain just as badly if not worse than the army did

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

this very much depends on your class

how so? i fail to see how stepping down would benefit corbyn's agenda at all

That's an activists mindset, which is I guess the whole point

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Disinterested posted:

lol yes, labour should definitely absorb the racists

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Lotka Volterra posted:

Yes, actually.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol yes, labour should definitely absorb the racists

I think given your pro Brexit statements in the past it would be best for you to never talk about British politics again

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Disinterested posted:

It's not going to get the angry old people bit but the white working class bit did used to in large part

To put it another way, the reason I wasn't impressed with corbyn getting his party to vote for remain is that it's still just a rump party without Scottish voters, or the voters it lost to ukip or to the lib Dems who then went tory

Like yeah you convinced the people who were already with you but none of the people you actually have to get to vote for you in the general to win anyway big woop

tbh i get the feeling that the labour for remain campaign was probably doomed to fail to start with

the whole "boris vs dave" duel was much too compelling for the media, no amount of "warts and all" speaking from grey old men was ever going to get any amount of popular coverage

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Disinterested posted:

i mean the key problem is that it turns out britain is full of racists and tories

there's no democratic solution to the majority of your country being worthless shits except to buckle in and hope that maybe opinions change in the next generation and you don't end the world in the meantime

see also usa, if it turns out we elect donaldus trump the first

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Disinterested posted:

I think given your pro Brexit statements in the past it would be best for you to never talk about British politics again

no, i'm anti-EU. brexit was stupid because the british actually benefited from the EU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

UberJew posted:

i mean the key problem is that it turns out britain is full of racists and tories

there's no democratic solution to the majority of your country being worthless shits except to buckle in and hope that maybe opinions change in the next generation and you don't end the world in the meantime

see also usa, if it turns out we elect donaldus trump the first

I tend to agree with you that we're just resigned to waiting this thing out unless the tories explode the economy

• Locked thread