Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
preorder now and get this exclusive ratchet and clank sparrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Only good things were the brief glimpses of the plaguelands in the background of the sparrow trailer.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah this altered small area sure was worth an entire hour stream

they should maybe stick to vidocs which they are actually good at making

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Roman posted:

Yeah this altered small area sure was worth an entire hour stream

Don't forget the random bungie dude who found out he would be in the stream 20 minutes before it started, very informative.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Double post

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
literally fell off the map during a live stream

~Deej 2016

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Looks like all PS4 gets this time is a ship, a PVP map that no one will like, and a questline/reward

Only registered members can see post attachments!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Why the gently caress are the Dregs cutting off their legs and what do twizzlers have to do with all of this

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Maker Of Shoes posted:

literally fell off the map during a live stream

~Deej 2016

Fell off the map but didn't die, they may want to patch that

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

new game mode is going to be a "defend the wall" mode and there will be 4 maps + an exclusive for ps4 and only two of them will be any good

Disturbingly accurate.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Roman posted:

oh man, I remember those. They actually worked as intended.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

vidocs aren't SOCIAL MEDIA so they got binned.

Because kids hate youtube now and don't even know what it is.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I haven't played since Taken King dropped, are they still taking half their stable of maps and shunting them into a ghetto mode that no one plays? That poo poo made no sense to me at all, why would you intentionally reduce variety in your content starved game (apart from those awful ones that felt like they belonged in Halo big team battle).

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

Fuligin posted:

I haven't played since Taken King dropped, are they still taking half their stable of maps and shunting them into a ghetto mode that no one plays? That poo poo made no sense to me at all, why would you intentionally reduce variety in your content starved game (apart from those awful ones that felt like they belonged in Halo big team battle).

Not directly but they seem to have some sort of dailyish maplist rotation, and even for poo poo like iron banner there's a definately focus on a different set bucket of maps each time.

So if you play one week you'll never see Asylum, but maybe the next week it will be up all the time.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Fuligin posted:

in your content starved game

We have TOO MUCH CONTENT actually so ydk wtf ur saying.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Fuligin posted:

The game isn't content starved at all. Its 2 years old and people still play it every single day.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
It has very little content for a two year old game. It plays well enough that people keep running the same content.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

sunday at work posted:

It has very little content for a two year old game. It plays well enough that people keep running the same content.

What games, that have had the same level of continued success almost two years after release, have more than "very little content"? What games on CONSOLE have had this level of continued engagement regardless of the amount of content? Its a loving multiplayer game.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Not directly but they seem to have some sort of dailyish maplist rotation, and even for poo poo like iron banner there's a definately focus on a different set bucket of maps each time.

So if you play one week you'll never see Asylum, but maybe the next week it will be up all the time.

That doesn't sound so bad. I just remember being salty that a bunch of "Year 1" maps or whatever were going to be put out to pasture even if they were pretty good. I'm pretty tired of Overwatch so maybe it's time to jump back into Crucible.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

there is a lot of content if you are a normal person

for people like us who have literal months of played time then content is an issue

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Literally any game ever made will never have enough content for gamer obsession autism. Except poo poo you can mod so thousands of people can do their own thing so you can have people with 7000+ hours played (sup Skyrim).

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It would help if they didn't take old stuff like raids and PVP maps out

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A constant flood of maps would suck anyways.. you'd never get a chance to really learn all the angles before something new hits. Eventually you'd hit a point where there's so many maps to play, you never really get to see your favorites anymore either.

If you play two hours a night you're only going to see ~8 maps total and Destiny already has more than that available. And given their RNG has a habit of pulling the same map two or three times in a row you'll see even less.

There's also the issue where if they were cranking out 2-3 maps every month the quality would get even worse. You think shores of time is lopsided now? Or that one spawn on twilight gap is bullshit? It would get way worse than that pretty quick.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

xzzy posted:

A constant flood of maps would suck anyways.. you'd never get a chance to really learn all the angles before something new hits.

This is retardedly wrong.

quote:

Eventually you'd hit a point where there's so many maps to play, you never really get to see your favorites anymore either.

If you play two hours a night you're only going to see ~8 maps total and Destiny already has more than that available. And given their RNG has a habit of pulling the same map two or three times in a row you'll see even less.

There's also the issue where if they were cranking out 2-3 maps every month the quality would get even worse. You think shores of time is lopsided now? Or that one spawn on twilight gap is bullshit? It would get way worse than that pretty quick.

These are legitimate points. But, Cmon!

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah if only they had worked on a franchise that had 15 years of maps that they could draw inspiration from.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

Drain 001 posted:

Yeah if only they had worked on a franchise that had 15 years of maps that they could draw inspiration from.

I'd play the poo poo out of a Blood Gulch remake.

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES
I love this not enough content argument. Divide the amount of hours you've played into the price of this game plus its expansions - each bought separately. What did you pay? 5 cents an hour? a dollar an hour? three dollars?

The reality is this game, whether it's design, gameplay or content, is probably one of the most economically fair quality (yes including content) vs. price things ever released.

however...the IRE OF THE NECKBEARD SHAN'T BE SILENCED

C411
Jun 22, 2004
STUPID
DICK
Iron banner map rotation has been almost the same since last September except for minor changes in weighting. They added a lot of fun year 1 maps back to the normal control playlist with the April update but didn't put them in iron banner for some reason, it's dumb.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Drain 001 posted:

Destiny has two halo maps, they're called First Light and Bastion. You never see them anymore because they're loving garbage.

Halo is a completely different game.. has effective vehicles, power weapons you actually have to fight for, slower movement, and less vertical movement.

Different games require different map styles.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

Mr. WTF posted:

I love this not enough content argument. Divide the amount of hours you've played into the price of this game plus its expansions - each bought separately. What did you pay? 5 cents an hour? a dollar an hour? three dollars?

The reality is this game, whether it's design, gameplay or content, is probably one of the most economically fair quality (yes including content) vs. price things ever released.

however...the IRE OF THE NECKBEARD SHAN'T BE SILENCED

Just because the core gameplay mechanic and gear treadmill are satisfying/addictive enough to make people want to play the poo poo out of the game doesn't mean there's a ton of content.

Destiny is probably the most egregious AAA title I've ever seen when it comes to lack of assets and asset reuse, ffs they just spent an hour streaming about a new sparrow, another batch of enemies built on slightly modified existing assets, and a "new area" that's the old area with snow and hosed up boxes and crates.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Just because the core gameplay mechanic and gear treadmill are satisfying/addictive enough to make people want to play the poo poo out of the game doesn't mean there's a ton of content.

Destiny is probably the most egregious AAA title I've ever seen when it comes to lack of assets and asset reuse, ffs they just spent an hour streaming about a new sparrow, another batch of enemies built on slightly modified existing assets, and a "new area" that's the old area with snow and hosed up boxes and crates.

And remember last gen consoles aren't getting this update so the excuse of "well it needs to scale down for old hardware" is completely null.

Live team is just a remix team. Take old poo poo and try to make it sound new.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Can bungie even remake Halo maps? Do they have any rights or is all owned by MS and 343?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SpookyLizard posted:

Can bungie even remake Halo maps? Do they have any rights or is all owned by MS and 343?

Technically yes, but it's unlikely anyone would care. Unless it turned into a PS4 exclusive map which would be loving hilarious.

Can't really copyright the placement of boxes anyways. Just name the new map Bloody Gorge and make the bases squares instead of octagons and what is Microsoft going to do?

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

xzzy posted:

Technically yes, but it's unlikely anyone would care. Unless it turned into a PS4 exclusive map which would be loving hilarious.

Can't really copyright the placement of boxes anyways. Just name the new map Bloody Gorge and make the bases squares instead of octagons and what is Microsoft going to do?

Worse comes to worse, call it an 'homage' and carry on.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Datto did a five minute summary of the stream for anyone who didn't see it, don't bother watching the full replay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvRut5dv_jc

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

xzzy posted:

You're not schmeo you can't talk about copyrights like that

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

OdinsBeard posted:

Cheese what's the roll you've been using?

Viewtac, Life Support, Hand Laid Stock and Hidden Hand.

Honestly, I don't think I cna get any better than this for the way I play. Maybe if i could get the exact same perks with Perfect Balance instead?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Well I made it to Legionnaire (Top 200) in 5 of the play lists. There is no way I will be able to maintain this so I might as well post a screenshot and enjoy a moment of smugness.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

You're not schmeo you can't talk about copyrights like that

it's a free country!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

CheeseFactory posted:

Viewtac, Life Support, Hand Laid Stock and Hidden Hand.

Honestly, I don't think I cna get any better than this for the way I play. Maybe if i could get the exact same perks with Perfect Balance instead?

That basically seems like a perfect roll to play to its strengths. I've gotten a shortgaze/grenadier/QuickDraw(also injection mold)/unflinching roll but I'd have rather had it on a 1Kys.

• Locked thread