Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmao i know. i just have that pic saved as Stu Drinks Lean on my compy and try to use it every chance i get

Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Soral posted:

except he's not really because he has a very very easily abusable leash. you can just pelt him with poison knives from the doorway while he walks back and forth

I don't hold it against anyone who did that but I didn't wanna do that, I eventually just beat him normally. As far as I'm aware he had unlimited blood vials though which is kinda bullshit; I appreciated that in DS3 that NPCs would eventually run out of Estus because i think there's nothing wrong about making it into a battle of attrition

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wb duder

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

I don't hold it against anyone who did that but I didn't wanna do that, I eventually just beat him normally. As far as I'm aware he had unlimited blood vials though which is kinda bullshit; I appreciated that in DS3 that NPCs would eventually run out of Estus because i think there's nothing wrong about making it into a battle of attrition

he only has a few blood vials

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Soral
May 30, 2009

i think its really funny when npcs try to drink estus in dark souls 3 but they already used all their sips. like come on man your the computer. you know better than me how many estus you get

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

he only has a few blood vials

He used to have infinite before they patched it so he only uses one or two

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Soral posted:

i think its really funny when npcs try to drink estus in dark souls 3 but they already used all their sips. like come on man your the computer. you know better than me how many estus you get

The animation is very comical

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmao i know. i just have that pic saved as Stu Drinks Lean on my compy and try to use it every chance i get

Lol

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dec 26, 2012

Soral posted:

i appreciate it, especially creighton because he also has a divine blessing

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

Soral posted:

lol

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Stu drinks his estus

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soral posted:

except he's not really because he has a very very easily abusable leash. you can just pelt him with poison knives from the doorway while he walks back and forth

that's one of my favorite fights in the entire game. i can't imagine ever cheesing him again.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Soral posted:

gently caress you pussy bitch loser

Soral
May 30, 2009

i also stand on that tiny ledge in the capra demon boss fight where he cant hit you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One time I shot the 1st manticore through the fog wall until it died.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i killed manus by shooting him with a bow from outside the boss room in my sl1 run

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

i killed manus by shooting him with a bow from outside the boss room in my sl1 run

Ok that's just despicable.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i also did the thing where you clip the centipede demon through a wall to instantly kill it in the same run. problem?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Soral posted:

i also did the thing where you clip the centipede demon through a wall to instantly kill it in the same run. problem?

thats built into the game. he jumps and grabs on to the ledge and hitting him knocks his hand off

Soral
May 30, 2009

youre thinking of the ceaseless discharge. if you stand in the corner of the centipede demons boss room and let him do a grab attack on you he slides straight through the wall and then 30 seconds later he dies instantly because he falls out of bounds

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh. ohhhhh. yes i am thank u.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

honestly I think that weird exploits and taking advantage of non-hacky bugs is an important part of dark souls. wield the syllables of royalty against lords of cinder imo.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I respect the bosses and miyazaki too much to cheese any of them

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
but who respects centipede demon?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

honestly I think that weird exploits and taking advantage of non-hacky bugs is an important part of dark souls. wield the syllables of royalty against lords of cinder imo.

disagree but u do you.

Dec 26, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

but who respects centipede demon?

nobody i hope. i usually skipped him after my first run or two

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
In Demons Souls my first fight against fake king got him stuck behind the throne so I just plucked him full of arrows while this was happening

So much for hardest game everrrrr :rolleyes:

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i was watching the newest vaati video and there was a really cool detail in the old demon king fight i never noticed because i killed him too fast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP9bliNKbnc&t=1401s

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

whatis posted:

i was watching the newest vaati video and there was a really cool detail in the old demon king fight i never noticed because i killed him too fast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP9bliNKbnc&t=1401s
he killed me with that explosion twice so the third time I stayed far away and watched him doing this for like thirty seconds full of suspicion that he was going to do something else

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: DLC UPDATE :siren:

- DLC 1 coming September, 2 in early 2017
- DLC will be an "exciting new evolution of the familiar formula"
- Takes place in a different era, new storyline, totally new enemies & weapons
- Totally new zone
- Similar in design concept to Old Hunters

This is all from the mouth of miyaZaki

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
sick

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

- Totally new zone

:-)

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
My body?

My body is ready.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

:holy: gently caress yeah :holy:

I really hope we get to go to londor or the deep.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

We're going to the area left of the final area.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Benny D posted:

- Totally new zone

that;s the good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It would be badass if it was in Drangleic but with all the filler parts taken out. Like if you fought a lot of those mercenary dudes from Aldritch's area.

• Locked thread