Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
i can't figure out how to
This poll is closed.
remove 69 3.49%
the 420 21.24%
poll 1488 75.27%
Total: 1977 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i did an irl :stare: at the screen for a couple of moments when i realised that he was absolutely 100% serious about it and, indeed, thought it was a good idea to post that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i think he even edited one of nn's posts that he quoted from the full word to "n-word"

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i miss zoux

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh also the person the trumps threw under the bus for melina's speech? they probably don't exist

https://twitter.com/jondanziger/status/755850281322151937

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 20, 2016

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

pangstrom posted:

In general it's a good looking bunch, though. Even Ribery might have been okay-looking if he wasn't Humptey-dumptied at age 2.

yeah, probably wouldn't have fixed the pedophilia though

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

are your white coworkers more or less racist than other white people of their income bracket

i wouldn't know, nobody's said anything appallingly racist to me

i mean most of the white people are eastern european so in a way they're a minority too, i feel like anyone who was like really racist would be unable to work there for long considering there are about 3 different languages being spoken at any one time, the innate paranoia of thinking they're plotting terrorisms or whatever would overcome them

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

mandatory lesbian posted:

i wouldn't know, nobody's said anything appallingly racist to me

i mean most of the white people are eastern european so in a way they're a minority too, i feel like anyone who was like really racist would be unable to work there for long considering there are about 3 different languages being spoken at any one time, the innate paranoia of thinking they're plotting terrorisms or whatever would overcome them

Where do you work that's so diverse?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
like the first time a muslim guy says something about allah im p sure their head would explode

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Arrgytehpirate posted:

any factory in america?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

how much of thatcher's support was racism vs. reagan

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Lotka Volterra posted:

yeah, probably wouldn't have fixed the pedophilia though
ugh what. Nm I don't want to know.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
I grew up in a predominantly Muslim area and one local business owner literally everyone hated ran in to the street and wildly celebrated 9/11 and then almost got blown up in the bombings in London and became very politically muted suddenly

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Badger of Basra posted:

the whole thatcher phenomenon was way more weird collective psychosexual stuff than racism i bet

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

its a warehouse for packing bread (mostly), so once again, the diversity comes from it being a job that immigrants and poor people can get easily, as it requires little in the way of education or documentation

and it does pay pretty good, like im making more money here then i did in va lol

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

pangstrom posted:

ugh what. Nm I don't want to know.

good choice

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

in a way she represented a rejection of the general imperial decline that britain was enduring, so there's obviously some racism/chauvinism thrown into the pot there, but mostly she was a cathartic figure for the british petit-bourgeois to rally around as a kind of twisted icon of masculinity in a time where manliness was perceived to be under threat

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

less and it was almost entirely directed against other white people.

Reagan ran on explicit race baiting, Mrs T ran as the frugal grocer's daughter yelling at imperial decline until it stops

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Mrs T was kind of an accident she was put up by the tories as a dummy candidate they thought they could control and then she bludgeoned everyone to death

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i also miss warsz

where'd he go off to

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

V. Illych L. posted:

i also miss warsz

where'd he go off to

he pops in an out

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

i also miss warsz

where'd he go off to

Lifting weights, working himself to an early grave and watching ballers

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Disinterested posted:

Mrs T was kind of an accident she was put up by the tories as a dummy candidate they thought they could control and then she bludgeoned everyone to death

truly she was the brexit of her day

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

truly she was the brexit of her day

She routinely comes near top on best and worst Briton ever polls

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
who was that welsh goon who got on tv to call thatcher a piece of poo poo when she died, because that was hilarious

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Disinterested posted:

Which would be hilarious if she hadn't been so otherwise disasterous

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Mrs T and her government were probably the most ideologically committed neoliberals a big western country has ever had so to some extent in policy terms there was very non nationalist stuff going on like auctioning off major strategically significant industries and companies to foreign ownership in a way you don't really see much in the us

And despite being flag wavers Mrs T also denied the traditional conservative idea of the nation as a kind of organic community entirely instead of a bunch of selfish individuals just loving with each other for a percentage

Trashing the welfare state and unions was also regarded negatively by all the old school conservatives

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Disinterested posted:

And despite being flag wavers Mrs T also denied the traditional conservative idea of the nation as a kind of organic community entirely instead of a bunch of selfish individuals just loving with each other for a percentage

I'm not sure how many contemporary Tories would stand up and proudly proclaim that there is no such thing as society like Thatcher did

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

kustomkarkommando posted:

I'm not sure how many contemporary Tories would stand up and proudly proclaim that there is no such thing as society like Thatcher did

I don't think they would and quite a few at least make one nation tory noises

And they wouldn't have the balls anyway

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

One thing you learn about Thatcher when reading about her governments NI policy is that she was really really thick and had to have everything about diplomacy slowly and carefully explained to here

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Was being vocally anti-Thatcher a thing in England under her government if you went outside the left encampments?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

One thing you learn about Thatcher when reading about her governments NI policy is that she was really really thick and had to have everything about diplomacy slowly and carefully explained to here

The conversations between her and Regean must have been riveting.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Lotka Volterra posted:

who was that welsh goon who got on tv to call thatcher a piece of poo poo when she died, because that was hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndoSyrZtNCo here you go

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Randler posted:

Was being vocally anti-Thatcher a thing in England under her government if you went outside the left encampments?

It was an extremely divisive era

Yes very much so

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Having things carefully explained to you doesn't mean you're thick.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
warsz stopped pming me around when he found out i gave up on my legal career

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

wonderful thanks

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Disinterested posted:

It was an extremely divisive era

Yes very much so

She had numerous attempts on her life didn't she?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

oh so youre that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Thatcher didn't understand what Irish nationalism was and openly said she found it completely incomprehensible and just didn't understand what it was about. At an interstate conference. With the Irish Taoiseach. To his face.

• Locked thread