Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rutibex posted:

it is amazing how long some people can bumble through life in a holding pattern. they have been together for 10 years, yet she doesn't know him well enough to understand if he will be happy with a kid, or if it would be best to secretly abort it. they didn't talk about this very subject when they stopped using condoms? :psyduck:

I feel like you're missing the real takeaway from that story:

Vargatron posted:

They were dating when she was 18 and he was 34? What the hell, did he teach her in high school?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Poonerman posted:

Me [33 M] with my girlfriend [38 F] of 2 years, she is in the process of a divorce, pregnant, and I am not sure if it is mine
Newsflash: If the divorce isn't final and they are still living under the same roof, don't believe them when they say they "checked out of the marriage long ago" and certainly don't try to start a family.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

so wait, this is a story from someone's real life that actually happened, not an episode of The Daytime Soaps right

Christ

JakeP posted:

i get ants occasionally, flies, and silverfish

Yeah uh you're not really selling me on the spiders-as-roommates scenario here

Never had silverfish but come to think of it an apartment I lived in in college had a whole bunch of fruit flies one summer, and my roommate built a few traps out of some mostly-empty bottles of cider and some notebook paper, and it cleared right up. No voluntary spider cohabitation necessary.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
like i said, i got a cat, so i don't have to deal with any of that anymore

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

kuddles posted:

Newsflash: If the divorce isn't final and they are still living under the same roof, don't believe them when they say they "checked out of the marriage long ago" and certainly don't try to start a family.

He said they were separated, but she's also the only source of support for the husband at the same time??? Is she still paying their rent or what?

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

loquacius posted:

He said they were separated, but she's also the only source of support for the husband at the same time??? Is she still paying their rent or what?

The story says she is afraid of what her husband will do "when she leaves", suggesting she is still living with him. Besides, he's been dating her for 2 years in the divorce is "still in the process" for a woman who wants to have a child?

I think this guy thought he was this woman's future when he really was the guy on the side.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

My silly rear end self [24F] with my unicorn boyfriend [24M] of a year and a half. I forgot to crush up his ramen noodles and I don't like D&D.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

kuddles posted:

The story says she is afraid of what her husband will do "when she leaves", suggesting she is still living with him. Besides, he's been dating her for 2 years in the divorce is "still in the process" for a woman who wants to have a child?

He also said "The last year since they have been separated has been great", so they were still living together when he entered the picture, but are not now. "When she leaves" just might mean when the divorce is finalized, and it does imply that she's still part of his life on SOME level at least so yeah he probably should have seen this coming

quote:

I think this guy thought he was this woman's future when he really was the guy on the side.

a genderswapped cliche

e:

Nazzadan posted:

My silly rear end self [24F] with my unicorn boyfriend [24M] of a year and a half. I forgot to crush up his ramen noodles and I don't like D&D.

I'm having trouble figuring out which parts of this title are meant literally and which parts are code for something

Khorne
May 1, 2002

quote:

So I’ve been dating Rita for almost a year. I’m a grad student who works 2 jobs. My girlfriend dropped out of college before I met her.

When I met her, she told me she worked as a hostess at a bar/restaurant in the city. After a few months of dating, she told me that she actually works as a dancer. I was taken aback but I understood why she didn’t tell the truth initially.
So far so normal enough, right?

quote:

About two weeks ago was the first time Rita met my family. We visited my parents’ home for a family get-together and dinner. Everyone seemed to enjoy each other’s company.

I spoke to my mom afterwards and she was curious about Rita’s goals/life plans. She pointblank asked me what Rita does for work. My mom is really perceptive which has always been a thorn in my side growing up and trying to get away with things. By now, I’ve learned it’s best just to be upfront and avoid the song-and-dance.

Okay, so I told my mom what Rita does for work and she asked me if I visited the club yet. She mentioned that I should make sure it’s not a front for a brothel because many clubs are like that. I was surprised that my mom’s telling me all this, and I expressed reluctance, but Rita also had lied to me about her job before…

quote:

I decided to visit the club earlier this week. I couldn’t find Rita, but several dancers went up to me for a dance/tips. Some were very leading and trying to get me to go back for something private. I declined but the whole place was skeevy and had a bad vibe. Also when I left, I noticed that there was a hotel right next to the club.

I spoke to Rita about it later that day about how uncomfortable the place was and how it bothered me. Rita flipped out that I visited and she asked why I went. I explained that I thought it would be alright and that I wanted to make sure the place was safe and not trashy. She then mentioned that she bets that my mom told me to go. And well my face was a tell.

Rita’s really mad and won’t talk to me. I’m not sure if I was wrong for investigating, but I’m also pretty sure there could be something rotten about this whole thing. I don’t want to date a lady of the night.
Any advice? Am I jerk?

Edit: I did some limited research online about the club, the dancers including Rita, and the nearby hotel-dump. The hotel and club are owned by the same company. Some dancers including Rita have reviews stating they do extras including 'bareback.' Looking back on Rita's response I think she was lashing out about possibly being found out. I am going to go NC and avoid.

Couldn't find his gf because she was banging some dude in the hotel at the time. But that's not even what's funniest about this post to me. Just the family dynamic and his perspective on everything cracks me up for some reason. I just imagine a move stereotype white kid with dockers and a sweater vest completely oblivious to everything.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 20, 2016

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

loquacius posted:

I'm having trouble figuring out which parts of this title are meant literally and which parts are code for something

The post was basically about them both being nerds and she is really happy in the relationship but she sometimes messes up and is worried it's harming the relationship.

She forgot to crush the ramen, which is how he likes it, and she isn't good at roleplaying in person for D&D.

I just really liked the title of the thread.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

At least the "dating a hooker" guy has enough sense to sever and not post "how do I get her to love me and not gently caress other dudes for work"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Khorne posted:

So far so normal enough, right?

Couldn't find his gf because she was banging some dude in the hotel at the time. But that's not even what's funniest about this post to me. Just the family dynamic and his perspective on everything cracks me up for some reason. I just imagine a move stereotype white kid with dockers and a sweater vest completely oblivious to everything.

Yeah the shadenfreude about the dude being so oblivious is rich, but I've got to hand it to him at the end for basically going "Yeah I'm a dumbass. Not going to speak to her again." You go dude. You go.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I don't know which of "my girlfriend told me she's a stripper" or "my mom told me to go to the strip club to make sure she's not a prostitute" is the most disturbing fact of that story.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I was in his corner until I saw "NC and avoid"

Do we not break up with people with words anymore nowadays, this country is going to hell in a handbasket *rocks chair, unwraps werther's original*

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
moms a ho, they can always spot their own kind

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I don't know which of "my girlfriend told me she's a stripper" or "my mom told me to go to the strip club to make sure she's not a prostitute" is the most disturbing fact of that story.

None of this is disturbing, its completely logical and it has become my beacon of faith in humanity after reading some of these posts. My only complaint is what is the dude even posting over? Sounds like he found some hosed up info, did some investigating, and came to a logical conclusion. :shrug:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loquacius posted:

Do we not break up with people with words anymore nowadays, this country is going to hell in a handbasket *rocks chair, unwraps werther's original*

Finding out your girlfriend is a prostitute who will have bareback sex with random dudes is pretty worthy of a total ghosting in my opinion.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

to be fair that was solid advice from the mother

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Gay Weed Dad posted:

None of this is disturbing, its completely logical and it has become my beacon of faith in humanity after reading some of these posts. My only complaint is what is the dude even posting over? Sounds like he found some hosed up info, did some investigating, and came to a logical conclusion. :shrug:

Posting over the realization of the age old adage on not dating strippers and whatnot being true. What can be said, some have to learn poo poo the hard way.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The mom was smart though. How smart depends on if you take it on face value, or think that the Mom wanted Rita gone and realized that even if the club was on the up and up, once he saw her grinding up on some guy or giving lap dances, he'd be out.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

Finding out your girlfriend is a prostitute who will have bareback sex with random dudes is pretty worthy of a total ghosting in my opinion.

Eh you could at least throw her a 'I'm joining the French Foreign Legion bye forever' so she isn't filing a missing persons report or something

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/4trgz7/to_the_lady_in_the_bathroom_at_a_truck_stop_in_tn/

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Moridin920 posted:

Eh you could at least throw her a 'I'm joining the French Foreign Legion bye forever' so she isn't filing a missing persons report or something

Or actually join the Legion. Only blood atonement can regain his family honor.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

loquacius posted:

His girlfriend has been ignoring him since he told her he went to her workplace. He tried to talk to her for 3 days after, and she just kept ignoring him. So in reality, she might have dumped him for whatever reason.

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah the shadenfreude about the dude being so oblivious is rich, but I've got to hand it to him at the end for basically going "Yeah I'm a dumbass. Not going to speak to her again." You go dude. You go.
He's definitely handling it right.

The comments are funny too:

quote:

Well, you insinuated that she's a whore and you don't trust her, so yeah, she's probably pissed. Have you talked to her about how she handles guys approaching her for some "extra attention" or what the club and management are like? Asking her to get into more detail with you about what it's like to work there would actually express concern for her well being instead of your selfish fear that you don't want to "date a lady of the night."

quote:

So your mom still picks out your clothes and girlfriends...
This girl is better off without the both of you. Just leave her alone and just ask your mom to set you up with someone.

quote:

Your mom is quite the expert saboteur.

A few things. Being next to a hotel is a coincidence and nothing more. Dancers were trying to take you to private areas because it costs more, not to have sex with you. It's just basic upselling. The fact that Rita assumed correctly almost instantly that your mom was behind this says to me that this is not the first time your mom has meddled in your life/relationship.

Also, this jumped out:

I was taken aback but I understood why she didn’t tell the truth initially.
but Rita also had lied to me about her job before…

So which is it? Do you understand why she wasn't forthright (but did tell you as the relationship progressed) or do you not trust her?

Look, if you're only starting to question things because your mom said so, then you need to grow up. If you have questions or concerns about what Rita does, you talk to her.

quote:

Do strippers double as prostitutes? Some certainly do. I do not know what percentage of them, but it is a non-zero number. That said, what you described sounds like a typical strip club. The hotel being next to it means nothing. Them asking you to go back for a private dance is standard procedure.
So is your girlfriend also a prostitute? Probably not. Could she potentially be one? Sure, but so could any other woman.
Those reviews of your gf barebacking? Could be any woman!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

I'm gonna make a second Friends reference ITT today and say this is dangerous because if she's too supportive you could find yourself actually on a plane to Yemen

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
He was dating a prostitute for about a year and had no idea. That's got to be weird.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Khorne posted:

His girlfriend has been ignoring him since he told her he went to her workplace. He tried to talk to her for 3 days after, and she just kept ignoring him. So in reality, she might have dumped him for whatever reason.
He's definitely handling it right.

Those reviews of your gf barebacking? Could be any woman!

Sort of wish one of these guys were in that position. It'd be a lot more entertaining.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dude's mom is a bit too involved in his life though i'll give the reddit commentors that

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Without his mom he'd still be dating a literal whore, so maybe he still needs training wheels.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I hope if I ever end up dating a lowkey hooker my mommy sniffs her out.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Moridin i can tell your mom never gave a poo poo but its quite normal for family to care and ask questions about a girlfriend

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Gaunab posted:

Sort of wish one of these guys were in that position. It'd be a lot more entertaining.

These are the sadsacks that are in open relationships and cheer about how sex positive their girlfriend is

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

It's true, my mom told me that one of my girlfriends makeup made her look like a whore.

Turns out she was in fact, a whore. Mom's have a sixth sense about this sort of thing. Probably all the dick they took when they were younger.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
whores probably have masterful sexing skills though

Blacktoll posted:

Moridin i can tell your mom never gave a poo poo but its quite normal for family to care and ask questions about a girlfriend

well my mom died when I was in 7th grade so mebbe

I still dressed myself before that though

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Moridin920 posted:

I mean are you having difficulty understanding why people might not like their girlfriend having tons of anonymous bareback sex with strangers for money?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

He (26M) won't stop meme-ing me (20F).

quote:

My guy friend has a crush on me. He's told me, and while I can't reciprocate his feelings yet, I am interested.
Or at least, I was before he started meme-ing me to death.
We share a niche, nerdy hobby. When he learned this, he started turning every conversation toward in-jokes about that hobby. Everything I say, no matter how unrelated, is met with loldank memes or him teasing me about how he's better than me at this hobby and so on.
At first I thought he was being ironic or something, so I would acknowledge the meme and laugh it off, but now he's doing it incessantly and it just makes me not want to talk to him.
I think he's doing it for my sake and I want him to stop, but I don't know how to tell him? Like I mentioned, I was actually interested in him, which is why this is frustrating me. Thanks for any help.
TL;DR: Guy I was interested in just talks to me in memes. I'm getting annoyed and want him to stop.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Khorne posted:

:staredog: :psyduck: :laugh:

The idea that a guy might not want to date a prostitute who lied to him about being a prostitute is invalidated solely because he might be a Mommy's Boy.

Nazzadan posted:

I hope if I ever end up dating a lowkey hooker my mommy sniffs her out.

drat right. Detective Mom: Whore Detective.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Business Gorillas posted:

I mean are you having difficulty understanding why people might not like their girlfriend having tons of anonymous bareback sex with strangers for money?
lots of guys are okay with it, they just usually get a cut

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nazzadan posted:

He (26M) won't stop meme-ing me (20F).

There was a gender flipped version of this where the girl was doing it during sex by saying stuff like "Such sex. Wow."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Moridin920 posted:

This explains alot.

• Locked thread