Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
what the gently caress is wrong with shadow academy :psyduck:

Anyway I'd be down for Monolith-busting on Thursday, especially if there's an Op Friday...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dalris Othaine posted:

Anyway I'd be down for Monolith-busting on Thursday, especially if there's an Op Friday...?

I believe someone said that all their members are required to hit their conquest targets every week.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dalris Othaine posted:

It would be great if we could get 8 people in decent gear to run Eternity Vault Hard Mode this week - it's the highlighted HM so every boss drops both a 220 and 224 piece. That way everyone gets at least one piece and we can free for all on the earpieces.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

It would be great if we could get 8 people in decent gear to run Eternity Vault Hard Mode this week - it's the highlighted HM so every boss drops both a 220 and 224 piece. That way everyone gets at least one piece and we can free for all on the earpieces.

I'm still leveling my eight DvL characters. What role do you need/want?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

I'm still leveling my eight DvL characters. What role do you need/want?

Whatever. Ideally if we can get two tanks and two healers so I can DPS, I can make up for under geared DPS by bringing my sniper.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

shadok posted:

Isn't he more like the Yavin world boss? The Lance Squadron Command Unit? That one takes a full ops group of 24 to bring down.

If people execute properly, Worldbreaker Monolith wouldn't take more than maybe 8 people. The key is to DPS the adds that give him a shield down at the same time (any active add gives makes the boss immune, they become inactive at around 17% health, and they pop back up on a timer), otherwise you won't get enough uptime on the boss and he'll enrage. I ran it with a pug group of around 15 people and people were killing the adds super unevenly and it was still a cakewalk.

The Yavin Walker doesn't take that many people any more either. Level sync has made it a lot easier.

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Haha guess I should read instructions before assembly. Also lol if that gets fixed before the bug that causes Depths of Manaan to be a coin flip on whether it counts or not.

I've been lucky and both my tactical and HM Manaan runs counted first try, but from what I read on the forums the key is to not kill him in the fire. Make sure you or one of your party gets the killing blow on him. It seems like for whatever reason for LvD they're tying flashpoint completion to killing the last boss rather than actually finishing the flashpoint.

kmzh fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 20, 2016

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

kmzh posted:

I've been lucky and both my tactical and HM Manaan runs counted first try, but from what I read on the forums the key is to not kill him in the fire. Make sure you or one of your party gets the killing blow on him. It seems like for whatever reason for LvD they're tying flashpoint completion to killing the last boss rather than actually finishing the flashpoint.

Yeah it took me 3 times on HM and all 3 times were out of the fire. I already knew about it since the Flashpoint cheevos for Manaan have had the same issue since the FP was released.

Also a pox on DPS who queue as Tank for HM's.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

I think I'm going to transfer a well-geared 65 character over to join you guys and hang out probably either tonight or tomorrow. I play on the Harbinger but my raid group hasn't been doing much lately and I've all but finished the DvL stuff there (minus Ch.16 and the Rakghoul infection thing of course) so I'm getting bored. Not sure why I only thought of this now, but better late than never I suppose.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
Non-Entity,

Please go give Musco a big hug.

The oforums are a terrible place and I think he deserves one.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cyrelio posted:

I think I'm going to transfer a well-geared 65 character over to join you guys and hang out probably either tonight or tomorrow. I play on the Harbinger but my raid group hasn't been doing much lately and I've all but finished the DvL stuff there (minus Ch.16 and the Rakghoul infection thing of course) so I'm getting bored. Not sure why I only thought of this now, but better late than never I suppose.

Just an FYI, we post a lot but overall our Jedi Covenant guild very rarely does anything as a group. It's primarily been a chat channel for the last year and a half.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Medullah posted:

Just an FYI, we post a lot but overall our Jedi Covenant guild very rarely does anything as a group. It's primarily been a chat channel for the last year and a half.

That's cool. Just looking to hang out, shoot the breeze, help out if needed, etc.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alright fuckers I did my part, got us to 6th. Time for y'all to chip in.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So, i have no idea why I care so much, but I have to ask about the vette romance quests and stuff. I slipped and hit the wrong button when she was trying to tell me about being jealous after the quest with her old crew, did that close off romance entirely? I accidentally told her to mind her own business instead of getting her to talk it out, and now I;m pissed because it looks like its over now. Stupid game making me care about NPCs.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Elblanco posted:

So, i have no idea why I care so much, but I have to ask about the vette romance quests and stuff. I slipped and hit the wrong button when she was trying to tell me about being jealous after the quest with her old crew, did that close off romance entirely? I accidentally told her to mind her own business instead of getting her to talk it out, and now I;m pissed because it looks like its over now. Stupid game making me care about NPCs.

Did you finish the story? If not, you've probably still got a chance. Just don't flirt with Jaesa (who's the better choice anyway, who wants a spunky Twilek instead of a murderous psychopath who will cut out people's hearts and cover them in glitter for you).

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Medullah posted:

Did you finish the story? If not, you've probably still got a chance. Just don't flirt with Jaesa (who's the better choice anyway, who wants a spunky Twilek instead of a murderous psychopath who will cut out people's hearts and cover them in glitter for you).

drat, I think I kissed jaesa once while going through some of the dialogue, if that counts I might as well go all in haha

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Why choose?

https://youtu.be/wjw9lp2cvj8

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

It makes perfect sense that the person filming that has a companion in one of the dancer outfits.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I haven't played in a couple months because my PC broke. My goals last time I was playing were to save up for the stupid loving revan reborn greaves that cost way too much money. What's happened in between, and are there any cool goon ways to get space money right now? I want one of those claymore sabers too, but I only have like 15 or so mil

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Bob NewSCART posted:

I haven't played in a couple months because my PC broke. My goals last time I was playing were to save up for the stupid loving revan reborn greaves that cost way too much money. What's happened in between, and are there any cool goon ways to get space money right now? I want one of those claymore sabers too, but I only have like 15 or so mil

Besides playing the market your best shot at earning money is grinding heroics in full groups.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Submit your best screenshot for the 5 year collage!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

So basically the bridge of the flagship, right?

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

CeeCee posted:

Non-Entity,

Please go give Musco a big hug.

The oforums are a terrible place and I think he deserves one.

Ok.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Was there a patch recently? The launcher is loving up for me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'll start gathering for Monolith tonight around 8pm eastern.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Gathering for monolith. 60+, don't need to have done Ziost I'll summon once we get 8+. Grabbing pugs in the meanwhile

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Medullah posted:

Gathering for monolith. 60+, don't need to have done Ziost I'll summon once we get 8+. Grabbing pugs in the meanwhile

And gratz to all 4 of us that showed up to complete our Dragonslayer achievement with the help of 20 pugs!

FYI - for those of you who didn't do it, anyone 60+ can be summoned to Ziost "Second Phase" even if they haven't done it before.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I wasn't even on a Dark vs Light character :v:

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
I just paid £11.99 for a microtransaction in order to get the Treek. What have I become.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Vitamin P posted:

I just paid £11.99 for a microtransaction in order to get the Treek. What have I become.

Very dumb. Unless you REALLY want an Ewok companion Treek is no longer worth the money. She used to be the poo poo because she was a tank/healer hybrid who dominated the other companions. Now she's just like everyone else.

(Not to mention you could have bought her for credits anyway).

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
On the other hand it's a companion you can be reasonably sure of that they won't kill off in future episodes!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

On the other hand it's a companion you can be reasonably sure of that they won't kill off in future episodes!

This is true - if you're doing crafting seriously, Treek or HK-51 are the two companions you want to take to 50 influence for crafting. You don't lose them when you start KOTFE unlike every other companion, and you won't lose them like the poor bastard who raised Scorpio to 50

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Medullah posted:

Unless you REALLY want an Ewok companion Treek

Yub yub, commander.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I guess another nice thing about Treek is you can pay 400 cartel coins to unlock her on your legacy, so you have an extra companion at level 10 for crafting

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I've started another Agent character after playing through, sigh, Trooper and Consular for DvL and holy poo poo it's so much better written.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Megazver posted:

I've started another Agent character after playing through, sigh, Trooper and Consular for DvL and holy poo poo it's so much better written.

The Agent story is most people's favourite, I think. I really liked the Consular a lot, but that one is divisive; a lot of people found it boring.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Consular was kind of hit and miss, the first half is bizzarely disconnected from the rest, and it's pretty low key but I thought it was all right

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I have yet to play through consular, knight, and warrior but that being said I've found agent and inquisitor to be the most entertaining. Agent for obvious reasons and inquisitor because it feels like you accomplish some things without them actually hampering the overall game. That would be unlike the smuggler story where you are supposedly rich as gently caress now but in reality you are still playing errand boy for Saresh and her idiocy.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Late last night I was messing around trying different outfits on a new level 1 character, ultimately decided to delete and reroll him...and only later realized I had left a full Triumphant Predator armor set, still in boxes, in the deleted character's inventory, like an idiot. That set is worth many millions, if you can even find it. The GTN on my server didn't even have many pieces listed.

I put in a support ticket, begging for help basically, and woke up first thing this morning to an email saying they restored the character for me, inventory intact. It had a message saying "hey, mistakes happen, it's no problem."

It's been said before: A+ customer service in this game.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Late last night I was messing around trying different outfits on a new level 1 character, ultimately decided to delete and reroll him...and only later realized I had left a full Triumphant Predator armor set, still in boxes, in the deleted character's inventory, like an idiot. That set is worth many millions, if you can even find it. The GTN on my server didn't even have many pieces listed.

I put in a support ticket, begging for help basically, and woke up first thing this morning to an email saying they restored the character for me, inventory intact. It had a message saying "hey, mistakes happen, it's no problem."

That is nice of them to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Yet if you post this story on Reddit you'll be downvoted to oblivion with a "gently caress CUSTOMER SERVICE MORE RAIDS".

• Locked thread