Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Who What Now posted:

They were in on it, of course.
A common rebuttal I've heard is that we entered into some food deals with them around that time. Because we all know compassion for hungry peasants was far more important to the Soviets at the time over embarrassing America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

EvilGenius posted:

I still maintain that carrying out and keeping up a hoax on that scale would be harder to pull off than actually going to the moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bZU6vHSewU

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Pesticide20 posted:

I like going through the #freemilo posts on Twitter and reporting people that continue to harass Leslie Jones. Also, a lot of people seem to have this odd belief that Breitbart holds a lot of power.

Gamergate and co are pretty good at hiding their real identity, but a couple of times I've managed to trace careless people to an employer, and sent them an email detailing the views of their employee. It's not intended as a troll or petty revenge - the hope is that by bringing their appalling speech into the real world, they'll start to feel the shame and pressure that makes everyone else think twice, or even better, reconsider their views.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

EvilGenius posted:

Gamergate and co are pretty good at hiding their real identity, but a couple of times I've managed to trace careless people to an employer, and sent them an email detailing the views of their employee. It's not intended as a troll or petty revenge - the hope is that by bringing their appalling speech into the real world, they'll start to feel the shame and pressure that makes everyone else think twice, or even better, reconsider their views.

Never doxx.

take me to the beaver
Mar 28, 2010
Oh look, a cat that's been at the animal shelter for a long time got adopted! People must be congratulating the family....

...welp, never mind, just good ol' fashioned racism :doh:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Also, that cat's given name was probably Injun. :(

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

theshim posted:

That video is a thing of beauty. "You're a coward, and a liar, and a thFFFFFF"

Apparently the dude that got punched went to the Police and they basically just said "Lol, we're not arresting Buzz Aldrin, you clearly and obviously provoked him"

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Henchman of Santa posted:

To be fair, Pokémon Go is aggressively pandering to people in their 20s. That's why it's all first generation pokemon. Doesn't mean it's worth getting mad about considering the reason people like Pokemon because it came out in their youth.

It's totally only first gen pokemon so they can release Pokemon Go 2 later on that's only second gen pokemon once the popularity of this one drops.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

EvilGenius posted:

Why would you do this and admit it

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
This is good.

I seem to recall in my early twenties wondering whether or not we had really gone to the moon, mostly because at the time it seemed pretty pointless. But as someone already pointed out, the next thought was "wait a sec. How on earth could they possibly keep a secret so big with the entire world watching?" Then came the recoil: extreme distaste for the true believers who just won't let their pet theory go, leaving me to feel like the guy from Interstellar talking to a bunch of idiots at his daughters school (crap movie, but good scene).

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Duh, didn't you read the username?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
My a boss?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nuebot posted:

It's totally only first gen pokemon so they can release Pokemon Go 2 later on that's only second gen pokemon once the popularity of this one drops.

And those pokemon are also 17 years old, so it would still be well before the time of most kids unless they played the remakes.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This has popped up in my feed a few times today, some rural paper printed a choice headline

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

And those pokemon are also 17 years old, so it would still be well before the time of most kids unless they played the remakes.

I'm just saying, they'll get more money out of it by stretching it out over generations in release order than if they just dropped out one of the more modern ones and went home. Also the red and green remakes came out in 2004. Geeze, I thought it was less than twelve years.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EmmyOk posted:

This has popped up in my feed a few times today, some rural paper printed a choice headline

Pretty sure ISIS would've gone with explosives, that's what they typically remove holy sites with.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nuebot posted:

I'm just saying, they'll get more money out of it by stretching it out over generations in release order than if they just dropped out one of the more modern ones and went home. Also the red and green remakes came out in 2004. Geeze, I thought it was less than twelve years.

I mean, they were GBA games. So far they've hinted they'll add more to the game. Probably not a whole new app.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The old ones are still in the new games, you know. They weren't erased from existence or anything like that.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
No discussion of angry Buzz Aldrin is complete without "I WALKED ON YOUR FACE!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcWweblGjnU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

dexter6 posted:

My a boss?

As opposed to your b boss.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Who What Now posted:

The old ones are still in the new games, you know. They weren't erased from existence or anything like that.

Yes, I have played the new games. But their role is diminished compared to whatever the newest gen is and the Pokémon Go roster is clearly aimed at the "ORIGINAL 151 OR NOTHING" crowd.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

the Pokémon Go roster is clearly aimed at the "ORIGINAL 151 OR NOTHING" crowd.

It worked too, I caught a Wigglytuff today

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

and the Pokémon Go roster is clearly aimed at the "ORIGINAL 151 OR NOTHING" crowd.

I don't think it's aimed at the hardcore purists, just at adults who played Red and Blue. That this also pleases the hardcore purists is a happy bonus for them.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chomp8645 posted:

Never doxx.

hackbunny posted:

Why would you do this and admit it

Doxx all trash people imo.

Less popular but still good: follow their children to school and lecture them about their Bad Parent until they enter the building, then wait and do the same on their way home

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Who What Now posted:

I don't think it's aimed at the hardcore purists, just at adults who played Red and Blue. That this also pleases the hardcore purists is a happy bonus for them.

Fair enough

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Aesop Poprock posted:

Doxx all trash people imo.

Less popular but still good: follow their children to school and lecture them about their Bad Parent until they enter the building, then wait and do the same on their way home

Nah you're going in the wrong direction. Don't pick on kids for their lovely parents. Lecture the parents of the lovely people.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
How long before that EvilGenius post ends up on Reddit as proof of a SA and Weird twitter conspiracy, as well as a Tu Qouque argument that the "aggros" are the real villains

Then again, Helldump was already part of the "anti-gamer" conspiracy Web already. Eff GamerGate hard man

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Correction, adults can consent to sex when drunk. Or does drunk driving not count anymore?

If you can be charged with drunk driving then your competent to make a decision when drunk.

That's a really good argument. If "I was drunk, I can't consent" works for rape, then "I was drunk, I didn't choose to drive" should for DUI

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Correction, adults can consent to sex when drunk. Or does drunk driving not count anymore?

If you can be charged with drunk driving then your competent to make a decision when drunk.

That's a really good argument. If "I was drunk, I can't consent" works for rape, then "I was drunk, I didn't choose to drive" should for DUI

Does he think the rapist is given a free pass when they're drunk? Cause I don't think a person in the passenger seat gets a DUI since they are only sitting while drunk, not driving while drunk.

Excellent find, LOB! This is one of the dumbest comments about rape I have ever read.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bored posted:

Does he think the rapist is given a free pass when they're drunk?

No he's saying that it's not rape as long as they don't know say no, drunk or not.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

EvilGenius posted:

I still maintain that carrying out and keeping up a hoax on that scale would be harder to pull off than actually going to the moon.

but what if everyone is in on it but you and a few other people. gang stalking you guys into believing its real.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Headline: Pro-skier Matilda Rapaport dies while filming for Ubisoft winter sports game Steep

Reddit on the story:

quote:

Imagine dying for a company like Ubisoft

quote:

Looks like the game of my dreams. Too bad it's Ubisoft so it'll probably be mediocre and run like poo poo. I'll probably pirate it to avoid Uplay.

quote:

Ubisoft
work extra hard

Edit: Oh man I hit "Show more comments"

"They gonna downgrade the gently caress out of this game."

quote:

This thread has been locked. Sorry, but making jokes about a person's death is not the type of conversation we welcome on this subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/4tp5e9/pro_skier_matilda_rapaport_dies_while_shooting/

Ularg has a new favorite as of 04:23 on Jul 21, 2016

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

quote="Bored" post="462319483"]
Does he think the rapist is given a free pass when they're drunk? Cause I don't think a person in the passenger seat gets a DUI since they are only sitting while drunk, not driving while drunk.

Excellent find, LOB! This is one of the dumbest comments about rape I have ever read.
[/quote]

No, he thinks most rape victims are just drunk women females who regret it afterwards and then call rape. And do so, just to ruin the lives of the innocent man whose only crime was loving a passed out woman whore who didn't say no, so that totally means she consented right?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

BrigadierSensible posted:

quote="Bored" post="462319483"]

No, he thinks most rape victims are just drunk women females who regret it afterwards and then call rape. And do so, just to ruin the lives of the innocent man whose only crime was loving a passed out woman whore who didn't say no, so that totally means she consented right?
[/quote]

Oops. I keep forgetting how terrible some people are. Still one of the dumbest things on the topic of rape I've ever read.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
It's sad that bullshit is almost guaranteed to be posted whenever the topic of either consent or drunk driving comes up on Imgur. It's not even like a particularly awful person, it's a group of people. Probably the same group of frat boys chanting "No means yes! Yes means anal!" on college campuses.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

An incredibly nihilistic bee fan.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

LordSaturn posted:

Also, that cat's given name was probably Injun. :(

Contrary to the spirit of this thread, let's assume the best in people and say name is because the cat has a distinctive purr. :3:

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

An incredibly nihilistic bee fan.

I feel like more people should censor with streams of cute bees. It would make this thread a happier place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Crain posted:

I like the joke that they did in fact start out faking the moon landing. But they messed up when Kubrick was hired to direct due to his insatiable desire to shoot on location.

Kubrick never wanted to film on location though. He didn't want to go too far from his home in England. that's why they filmed Vietnam at some deserted factory near London