Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Papercut posted:

I have a 65+% win-rate with Mercy and 30ish% win-rate with Lucio which means all these people saying Lucio is easy mode are obviously trolling me.

I've also realized that my lot in life is not to play characters that aim, unless it's Mei who I've got some sort of natural savant ability with the M2.

It almost feels like Mei's M2 has some sort of headshot homing effect. The amount I have fired off wildly that get hits are insane.

Maybe it's from playing Lich so much in dota.
Stay frosty nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

goodness posted:

It almost feels like Mei's M2 has some sort of headshot homing effect. The amount I have fired off wildly that get hits are insane.

Maybe it's from playing Lich so much in dota.
Stay frosty nerds.

actually they should give mei ancient apparition's ult, that would make her at least somewhat useful

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I think Lich ult would be pretty funny in this game, especially for KotH.

Give Mei Lich's E and let her murder a teammate for health. It's just an extension of her walling off her own spawn room.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Dren posted:

I was the Rein on that team in PTR it was amazing

On Numbani, right? Those Ana's had the sleep dart -> shoot/melee/grenade combo down to a science so taking them out to deny your super buffs was nearly impossible without a coordinated effort.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Stat tracking Ana is weird on overbuff, masteroverwatch, etc. When in-game, my career profile says my unscoped accuracy is roughly 55% but on the stat-tracking sites it lists my unscoped accuracy at 12% lmao, what the eff. Maybe it's also tracking all my panic whiffed sleep darts :haw:

Papercut posted:

I have a 65+% win-rate with Mercy and 30ish% win-rate with Lucio which means all these people saying Lucio is easy mode are obviously trolling me.

I've also realized that my lot in life is not to play characters that aim, unless it's Mei who I've got some sort of natural savant ability with the M2.

I've been holding a 67-69% win rate with Lucio and my Mercy win rate stays around roughly 50% in QP. We are like opposites! Some players are good with Lucio, others with Mercy. All there is to it imo :D I consider my Mercy play to be mediocre/average. My goal now is to get decent with Ana and Zen. Just went 5-5 in a set of QP matches with Ana, and 4-1 with Zen. I'm finding both of them to be a lot of fun to play, and is a nice a change up from playing Mercy/Lucio.

teagone fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 20, 2016

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

NmareBfly posted:

I think Lich ult would be pretty funny in this game, especially for KotH.

Give Mei Lich's E and let her murder a teammate for health. It's just an extension of her walling off her own spawn room.

Finally those Hanzo teammate's will be useful for something.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Ana + Roadhog = murder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBdJtOBGqwg

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

objects in mirror posted:

Except your strategy requires trolling 11 other people: Your teammates because you deliberately play poorly, and the other team because you let them win rather than giving them the challenge and fight they expect from you. I hope you feel bad about the actions you encourage in this video game. In conclusion, uninstall.

lol if you think it makes a difference in a game where there has to be at least one career genji dragging your team down. Carebears these days.

Also more info on Sombra for those who missed it: http://kotaku.com/overwatch-fans-keep-finding-clues-about-a-new-unrelease-1783975994

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Zoness posted:

lucio is a lot more effective if you are in a position to be shotcalling while playing him

Lucio is the epitome of a classic MOBA support. Reverie and mega-locket in one character? Hell yeah! The initiation is absolutely unreal. I enjoy playing Mercy so I'll keep on pretending to be Soraka instead, but man... If not for the sheer power of revive I suspect teams would stick with Lucio as sole support. Heck, we might see Mercy drop out anyway if Pharah falls off after the McCree buffs and if teams start comboing Lucio initiation with Ana ult. Mercy can't revive if she's killed off by the initiation dive 90% of the time.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 20, 2016

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
lucio's wallriding is an amazing mechanic that has been thoroughly wasted on this game's hellishly overdesigned maps. there is no square foot of vertical surface in overwatch that hasn't been broken up with windows, pillars, arches etc. that makes entire maps useless for wall riding outside of maybe one or two intended shortcuts per, like the outer path on ilios lighthouse or riding out of the pit in ilios well or nepal sanctum. i hope overwatch eventually gets low poly assets for community map design similar to tf2 someday, since a less busy design approach would make for a much more entertaining lucio experience

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
on the other hand reaper's teleport benefits greatly from random textures counting as ledges he can stand on

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Thor-Stryker posted:

lol if you think it makes a difference in a game where there has to be at least one career genji dragging your team down. Carebears these days.

Also more info on Sombra for those who missed it: http://kotaku.com/overwatch-fans-keep-finding-clues-about-a-new-unrelease-1783975994

Subverting competitive matchmaking, loving up the skill placement of 11 other people every match and subsequently stacking the matches of lower skill players just to get you a few extra steps toward a cosmetic item is objectively a lovely thing to do and falls right in line with the mindset of every instalock Genji out there. You are the career Genji.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
overwatch: you are the career genji

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

DolphinCop posted:

lucio's wallriding is an amazing mechanic that has been thoroughly wasted on this game's hellishly overdesigned maps. there is no square foot of vertical surface in overwatch that hasn't been broken up with windows, pillars, arches etc. that makes entire maps useless for wall riding outside of maybe one or two intended shortcuts per, like the outer path on ilios lighthouse or riding out of the pit in ilios well or nepal sanctum. i hope overwatch eventually gets low poly assets for community map design similar to tf2 someday, since a less busy design approach would make for a much more entertaining lucio experience

Similarly, many times while trying to maneuver backwards/sideways while shooting I get caught on random pieces of map and doorway and end up dying instead of slipping into the next room.

Also, no, community contributions was part of the cancer that killed TF2. I don't ever want to see community garbage in Overwatch.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Got kind of a fun play of the game with a murder suicide at the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsSpl_LXl0g

People in game liked it so I thought I'd share.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
No, the most frustrating and anxiety inducing moment in Overwatch: When by your calculation a whole bunch of the other team just died and your team has an advantage but no one on your team is capping the point or pushing the cart (you are either dead or on your way back.)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

If we're still posting Pharah stats this is me
https://watcher.gg/profile/pc/us/shoe%231623;hero=8;mode=0

I rank higher on most per-minute metrics with Tracer, but Pharah's my favorite.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
https://watcher.gg/profile/pc/us/ipa%231683;hero=8;mode=0

I'm pretty casual but if you want more pharah stats

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Main Paineframe posted:

No, Pharah's thing is that she is the best character in the entire game at taking any high ground she wants. There are platforms that basically exist almost solely for her to stand on them. Pharah wants to spend most of her time on the ground...her jetpack just gives her the freedom to stand on better ground than anyone else.

Precisely. Some of my best play with Pharah has come from treating her like I would any other flanker but with expanded vertical mobility. She isn't a flight-based hero, she's a rocket jump based hero, she simply has the ability to extend her rocket jumps if it proves advantageous to do so.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You can just spam space a lot while changing the direction you're facing to climb up on corners and weird blocky bits as lucio. The only thing he really can't do is jump from one wall to another nearly identical parallel wall, so stuff like billboards that jut slightly out from the wall will drop you.

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 21, 2016

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

Papercut posted:

When I first got Overwatch my computer was terrible (like, it looked like I was running the game at 640x480 and even then got terrible framerate) and I was basically completely unable to play any Offense character, so I started maining Mei. I think the delay on her shot (and to some extent the travel time makes enemy prediction and yomi way more important than mouse-aim. I couldn't Soldier to save my life, but I got pretty good at plucking Phara out of the air and winning sniper duels with that ice bolt.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
So...
Grandma's Biotic Rifle (80) + Grenade (60) + Melee (30) executed in this order is almost instantaneous (170 damage). Don't do this unless they're hurt, due to after-melee delay.

Two Biotic Rifle (80+80) and one Grenade (60) is enough to kill many characters (220), which is better.

Sleep Dart (5) isn't particularly useful here, but here's a trick if someone's in melee:
If you hit Biotic Rifle (80) + Sleep Dart (5) + Melee (30), executed in this order, it's also almost instantaneous (115) - and the target is put to sleep despite melee 'following' the dart.

Yeah...

Then you hit them with Biotic Rifle (80) + Grenade (60) like the first option, and they're dead (140 + 115 kills all 250s and below) with no chance to respond - except tanks because gently caress tanks.

I guess you could punch tanks if they just have one bar left, or someone who gets Lucio's passive heal during the sleep, but it's probably better to just shoot at that point.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So is the healthpack achievement busted? I played a game as Dva and picked up tons of big healthpacks over the course of a single life and didn't get it, which seemed wrong. So then in a game with a leaver I decided to just walk out of spawn* to find a health pack I could spam grenades on top of. I did that for like 3 minutes, definitely doing more than 900 damage to myself in the process, but didn't get the achievement there either. Not sure what the deal is.

*I just shouted "I COME IN PEACE" in all chat and the other team let me walk by them while I spammed hello.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Or, if you really want to kill that badly, choose any of the other heroes who can do it better. I guess you could expend all your cooldowns, not help your team and get a kill though.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Molten Core Nanoboost torb is v fun to bd

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

So is the healthpack achievement busted? I played a game as Dva and picked up tons of big healthpacks over the course of a single life and didn't get it, which seemed wrong. So then in a game with a leaver I decided to just walk out of spawn* to find a health pack I could spam grenades on top of. I did that for like 3 minutes, definitely doing more than 900 damage to myself in the process, but didn't get the achievement there either. Not sure what the deal is.

*I just shouted "I COME IN PEACE" in all chat and the other team let me walk by them while I spammed hello.

D. Va is really buggy when it comes to achievements because the games doesn't count the mech as D. Va, it considers it a separate entity. For example, you can't do the 'destroy 3 teleporters' achievement with D. Va in her mech because it doesn't count; you'd have to do it all outside of the mech.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

A lot of really good players seem to focus on one or two particular skills, though. Like tracking hitscan vs. snipers vs. projectile weapons, for instance.

Playing to your strengths is a lot different to hardline 'maining' a hero, especially one like Ana.

You should really be able to play all of the standard heroes to a competent level. Be like water.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Sometimes you get games that make you say "what the gently caress" over and over.

Decided to solo q comp since I've been on a winning streak (went from 42 to 46, started at 44 after placements). We get put in Anubis and defending first.

First round the enemy team steamrolls us and caps both points in like 2 minutes flat. Then we attack and actually cap both points in about 2.5 minutes.

Switch back to defending and they roll us again in about 2 minutes. We go on attack, and AGAIN, cap both in about 2 minutes.

Switch and we finally hold them for 6 minutes to just one cap. We go on attack and absolutely roll them to get both caps in under 2 minutes.

I can't even believe that really happened.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Why exactly is payload victory determined by furthest distance in a game where pushback exists? Surely it should be distance at the end of the round?

It feels like a weird choice to me.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Ddraig posted:

Or, if you really want to kill that badly, choose any of the other heroes who can do it better. I guess you could expend all your cooldowns, not help your team and get a kill though.

Point is if you get jumped you can kill the motherfucker, not get awesome kill streaks.

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.
If a team member leaves comp and you get a friendly red-ribbon message that you can leave without affecting your rank, do not believe. I just lost a full rank by getting trolled by that message :(

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Internet Kraken posted:

So is the healthpack achievement busted? I played a game as Dva and picked up tons of big healthpacks over the course of a single life and didn't get it, which seemed wrong.

Not unless a recent patch broke it. I got that one a while ago (as D.Va of course), I think on Volskaya, where I could boost away to health packs all the time.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Mcree buff made me turn down my sensitivity again to hit scan it up, and I've been accused of aimbotting for the first time since I started playing FPS, feels good man.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The RECAPITATOR posted:

If a team member leaves comp and you get a friendly red-ribbon message that you can leave without affecting your rank, do not believe. I just lost a full rank by getting trolled by that message :(

It still counts as a loss and changes your rank. You just don't get a penalty for leaving a match

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The RECAPITATOR posted:

??? When a guy on your team leaves there should be a timer and a message that says once the timer runs out you can leave with a loss but no other reapercussions.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Nihilarian posted:

??? When a guy on your team leaves there should be a timer and a message that says once the timer runs out you can leave with a loss but no other reapercussions.

It still drops rank.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Played Mei for the first time since the patch and holy poo poo her ult fills up retarded fast now. Everytime you heal up its like %25.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Of course it drops rank it counts as a loss!

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

It counts as a loss, rank loss included. It just doesn't also include the extra penalty for leaving the game early. How do people not understand this it's very clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
There is literally no reason to play Hanzo anymore. McCree does better everything Hanzo meaningfully does.

Medium-range headshots? Close range scatter shots? Area-clearing ultimate that kills anyone foolish enough to stay in it?

Hanzo is irredeemably bad with this patch. Not even lol :xd: git gud bad, but actually straight up bad. The effort it takes to get results on Hanzo would have you single-handedly carrying the game on Widowmaker or McCree. Even Bastion is several times better than Hanzo is in his current incarnation.