Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Roman posted:

there is a lot of content if you are a normal person

for people like us who have literal months of played time then content is an issue

http://www.wastedondestiny.com

It's me. I have 1008 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm at 1084, maybe ~1000 hours is the goon average. :v:

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Thanks for bringing back blink-shotgun Bungie.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I haven't played much in a while but I still like to occasionally do Iron Banner. What light level do I need to be to not be gimping myself by having slightly lower damage than max?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Well I made it to Legionnaire (Top 200) in 5 of the play lists. There is no way I will be able to maintain this so I might as well post a screenshot and enjoy a moment of smugness.

Goddamn dude nice work.

OdinsBeard posted:

That basically seems like a perfect roll to play to its strengths. I've gotten a shortgaze/grenadier/QuickDraw(also injection mold)/unflinching roll but I'd have rather had it on a 1Kys.

Thats a tasty as gently caress roll. Shortgaze and quickdraw make that super viable even without a stability mod.

All I want out of this IB is a shortgaze and stability mod roll because I dont do any super long range sniping anyway. Cant seem to get a shortgaze one to drop to save myself.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Raymn posted:

I haven't played much in a while but I still like to occasionally do Iron Banner. What light level do I need to be to not be gimping myself by having slightly lower damage than max?

Anything over 320 should do okay. You'll lose on some fringe cases but if you play smart you'll do fine. Over 300 is doable but the gap starts getting more noticeable.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

xzzy posted:

Anything over 320 should do okay. You'll lose on some fringe cases but if you play smart you'll do fine. Over 300 is doable but the gap starts getting more noticeable.

Balls. I'm around 306. Whats going to be the least grindy way to get infusion fodder quick? I would imagine the best I can hope for is +10 light over what I'm at a time or something? So I'd need like 2 of each slot for infusion to get around 320?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Almost 1600. Damnn

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
:siren: SBMM FTW :siren:

http://i.imgur.com/5tk904X.gifv

why is it always a loving striker titan lmao

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

sunday at work posted:

Thanks for bringing back blink-shotgun Bungie.

The universal remote needs to get some sort of check and balance or they need to give tlw back its damage.

A defender or electrolock stacking UR and melee perks like range for the lock or overshield is more than a little bit rediculous. I had another couple of games last night where I literally only died to shotguns.

When you can't do enough damage with the games close range king primary to kill someone before they can click you out ita broken.

I constantly gave ground and used the right angles and still lost to that bullshit. It was beyond a joke in a few games last night.

One jerkoff using it didnt even get salty when i teabagged him just apologised for using it.

Theres no point in nerfing special ammo drop rates like they did and then making a shotgun unaffected by it best in class by nerfing everything with a quick close range ttk.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

985, and that's with a seven month hiatus.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

why is it always a loving striker titan lmao

Why is it always a striker titan in Trials gear?

CheeseFactory posted:

Almost 1600. Damnn
1509 for me :v:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

381. not terrible

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CheeseFactory posted:

Almost 1600. Damnn

and I haven't played in like 2 months

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The guy in first has 8400 wtf

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

I think you're spot in for the NBP titans. Their advantage is directly related to always having ammo by virtue of it being a primary.

I dunno about extended range stormlock. That's less an availability thing than a performance thing. I can do it with a max range party crasher and be just as annoying.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Why is it always a striker titan in Trials gear?

1509 for me :v:

As a striker in trials gear its because the class owns and looks baller as gently caress.

859 for me.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Raymn posted:

Balls. I'm around 306. Whats going to be the least grindy way to get infusion fodder quick? I would imagine the best I can hope for is +10 light over what I'm at a time or something? So I'd need like 2 of each slot for infusion to get around 320?

Don't listen to that scrub. I was playing last night at 305 and I was always positive. The rest of my fireteam was 335 goons too. You might lose a few more than normal encounters, but it's not noticeable at all. Unless you suck at PvP. That's on you though. And don't' play alone if you can help it.

464 hours. I haven't touched the game in 8 or 9 months too (until recently).

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

1903 hours.

ugh

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think you're spot in for the NBP titans. Their advantage is directly related to always having ammo by virtue of it being a primary.

I dunno about extended range stormlock. That's less an availability thing than a performance thing. I can do it with a max range party crasher and be just as annoying.

Stormlocks with the range I can live with a little bit because its grenades are kind of poo poo and the neutral game isnt fantastic. Its a fair trade off for its rediculous roaming super and melee game imo.

Npb proccing on shotgun was a good idea for pve and a cool idea if shotguns didnt have the range they currently do and if they didnt keep hurting close range primaries and poo poo like tripmines sticking and throwing knives it would be more understandable.

As it is right now its incredibly difficult to say take on rushers in twilight faps party room and kill fast enough to survive.

Nlb is fine in the way that weapon is designed even with the reload stop ads workaround for the fire rate its not a better rifle than any one of 5 or 6 sniper rifles. The UR is the best shotgun in the game and it has 0 limitations or tradeoffs at this point because of the changes theyve made to fast firing ARs and hand cannons.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

CheeseFactory posted:

Well I made it to Legionnaire (Top 200) in 5 of the play lists. There is no way I will be able to maintain this so I might as well post a screenshot and enjoy a moment of smugness.

Congrats man. That's outstanding.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

That's sad. I still have more hours played on the 360 than the PS4 (600 on the Xbox and 500 on the PS4). Maybe it's because of the content draught.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

actionjackson posted:

The guy in first has 8400 wtf
people on steam do poo poo like that either ironically with bad games or because they actually think someone is going to see 5k hours in dota and be impressed rather can concerned for their health

usually they just leave it running 24/7

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Awesome! posted:

people on steam do poo poo like that either ironically with bad games or because they actually think someone is going to see 5k hours in dota and be impressed rather can concerned for their health

usually they just leave it running 24/7

Supposedly that counter doesn't include idle time so they must be dedicated

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Yeah UR should be worked with to make it more like NLB in that there's a massive skill ceiling and even then there are unavoidable downsides.

A one shot mag or reload on shot change probably isn't enough to gimp it appropriately. Maybe disable slide? Add a melee delay? Give us our grenades, DoP and TLW back?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Remove synergy with NBP.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

haveblue posted:

Remove synergy with NBP.

Yes that's a given.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I've got 405, so if I have a higher Elo than you then you can have a seat on the noob couch -> _/

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Yeah UR should be worked with to make it more like NLB in that there's a massive skill ceiling and even then there are unavoidable downsides.

A one shot mag or reload on shot change probably isn't enough to gimp it appropriately. Maybe disable slide? Add a melee delay? Give us our grenades, DoP and TLW back?

The prevailing attitude of the thread back during the felwinter's meta was always that shotguns take no real skill. That's still true. Even if you nerf the mag or the range or the reload it's still going to be an endless chance to rush and at least trade as long as it's a primary that is a shotgun.

It's only going to become more prevalent as more people are exposed to it. It's bad enough with a decent player running it. Just wait until all the year two kids hear about the primary shotty.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 21, 2016

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Lol shotguns take mad skill in high level play. Timing, positioning, radar use, map knowledge.

If shotguns take no skill then how am I able to kill so many shotgunners with my shotgun?

Bungie has made it easier to shotgun people using their primaries, I'll give you that. But tbf it's always been pretty easy to snipe people using their primaries, but hard to snipe a good sniper.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
loving lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgnMF8QGGjk

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Destiny would be fair better if it just did like other MMO's and gave people content every couple of months then one big rear end expansion every year or two.

quote:

Grats on being king of poo poo mountain.

quote:

http://www.wastedondestiny.com

It's me. I have 1008 hours

246h on the Bone and 247h on the PS4, wow almost dead even despite having more poo poo on the PS4.

And that preview video pretty much answered all my Qs, its gonna be a very light expansion most likely, I expected the raid to be crota tier which isn't necessarily a bad thing, crota was pretty drat short once you got used to doing that wouldn't mind that again considering how terrible Kings Fall is, still not paying 30 though.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah you're paying 120

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol shotguns take mad skill in high level play. Timing, positioning, radar use, map knowledge.

If shotguns take no skill then how am I able to kill so many shotgunners with my shotgun?

Bungie has made it easier to shotgun people using their primaries, I'll give you that. But tbf it's always been pretty easy to snipe people using their primaries, but hard to snipe a good sniper.

Agreed. If you die pushing a corner or something and arent trying something like going high or slide or something stunting its as dumb as walking into a sniper lane with the same nonchalance. You deserve to have your soul snatched.

If you're dying because in an open space you can hit them but not do enough damage before they can slide and shoot like is currently happening theres a problem. The reason why shotguns are so prevalent is because its easy to throw on a ur and do that ad naseum and end uo with a slightly above 1kd.

In high level competitive play a lot of dudes are surgical in their precision and wrack up a lot of their kills playing casually against bad shotgunners the same way a good sniper will dominate the idiots living in their scopes watching lanes.

I dont have a problem with losing to talent i have a problem with rock paper scissors aids.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

are ghost shells dropping as IB rewards? because that's the only reason I was playing today and it seems not even a perfect roll pulse & xim can help me

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

FishBulb posted:

Yeah you're paying 120

Just 60. No last gen.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Roman posted:

are ghost shells dropping as IB rewards? because that's the only reason I was playing today and it seems not even a perfect roll pulse & xim can help me

They enter the drop pool at rank 5 then it's basically all you get.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Roman posted:

Annoyingly so at rank 5 and you get a 320 one basically for free.

If you dont want arms, boots or waylorans etc just play till you have the weeklies and a few dailies done and log in on the last day and cash em all in then grind a few games for shells.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
tfw you remembered to save your smash for the heavy
http://i.imgur.com/IcS4V5S.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Alteisen posted:

Grats on being king of poo poo mountain.

When i got to the top of the mountain they sent me back down to buy another 3 copies.

• Locked thread