Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Control+scroll wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just a reminder that this week's patch is only for the cool people living on the edge with the Development Build :dukedog:.

quote:

Summary
This week’s update brings a new batch of bug fixes and improvements. Firstly, the update now allows you to turn off solar panels. Bugs fixed this week include projected antennas broadcasting, incorrect construction stage orientation for some blocks, cockpit toolbar issues, and the control hints cube being stretched. We’ve also fixed a number of crashes caused by changes to the planetary code last week.
Next week some major improvements for the ModAPI and ingame programming will be released. However, this will break scripted mods and some ingame scripts. If you're a modder or scripter, please see the guide linked below for what you'll need to do to fix your mods.
Finally, keep in mind that all the changes in today's update will only be on the weekly development branch - you will not notice these if you are playing on the default stable branch.

ModAPI/Ingame Interface Expansion and Improvements guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=709010443

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV21pOhw8Do

Features
- solar panels can be turned on or off

Fixes

-fixed color copying in mirror mode
-fixed cockpit toolbar issues
-fixed open doors grinding faster than closed ones
-fixed stretched control cube
-fixed backpack color changing
-fixed log saying "see log for details"
-fixed construction stage orientation for some blocks
-fixed cryochamber overlay sticking ofter death
-fixed tool tips covering jumpdrive countdown
-fixed hidden inventory slot behavior
-fixed grinder area of effect after merging
-fixed projected antennas broadcasting
-fixed incorrect inventory order after moving an item
-fixed screenshot crash in blueprints menu
-fixed crash in Havok when loading world

Disclaimer: The update was released on our developement branch. For those who want to access the dev branch (updated weekly rather than monthly) on Steam, you can do so using the BETA tab

The new sound features in the Teaser are pretty drat cool :allears:. I'm curious to see if they're what'll go in the next monthly Stable version.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Tempted on picking this up. Is it flawed as it seems from previous posts? Is there a "game" inside the sandbox? Me and a couple friends used to build underwater domes in Minecraft before it was cool, we saw a couple videos of huge ships crashing on planets and it got us salivating.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
It's fairly unfinished and quite buggy, it's also not very optimized so you need a beefy computer to run it. That all being said it is a lot of fun and quite unique, they're also constantly working on it. No idea how well the multiplayer works though.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
It's very easy to get a Dedicated Server running, and it seems to work fairly well for the most part, but it's definitely not a polished/smooth/finished experience yet. If you decide to go with the developmental branch, you'll need to take the server down and update it once a week; the stable branch is anticipated to update monthly, though 'stable' doesn't mean it never crashes. :)

You can play Creative or Survival, depending on how hard you want to work to put your ships together. There are also a host of dangers to turn on and off.

Like Police Automaton said, they're constantly working on the game and it updates frequently, but to be honest there isn't much "game" yet in the sense that there's no real progression. You have to create your own goals and your own fun for now. :)

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

This might be something fun to do if you play MP and are bored of survival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByppwCqlXBk

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
That is a GREAT way to get cool-rear end asymmetric ships. Dang! All the best ships are asym anyway, too many sci-fi properties have boring ol' mirror ships.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
That's a really neat idea! Thanks for the video link. :)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Between playing a lot of Overwatch, I thought I'd try some changes to my starfighter to make it look a little sleeker. Thoughts?

New version's the lower one.

New one's on the left.

Again, on the left. One of the changes both versions got over the original is a butt gun for shooting missiles. It's just above the hydrogen thrusters.

Evilreaver posted:

That is a GREAT way to get cool-rear end asymmetric ships. Dang! All the best ships are asym anyway, too many sci-fi properties have boring ol' mirror ships.

Symmetrical ships are beautiful battleships :colbert:.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I kinda like janky asymmetrical ships :shobon:, especially in Survival. I like how you can kinda get away with practically duct taping a bunch of crap together. I'm usually disproportionately proud of my hideous metal hobo caravans lol.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
There's a mod that applies leverage to your engines, making asymmetrical ships with that enabled work well is all kinds of fun :v:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Truga posted:

There's a mod that applies leverage to your engines, making asymmetrical ships with that enabled work well is all kinds of fun :v:

That sounds fun. Link?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=575893643

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Between playing a lot of Overwatch, I thought I'd try some changes to my starfighter to make it look a little sleeker. Thoughts?

New version's the lower one.

New one's on the left.

Again, on the left. One of the changes both versions got over the original is a butt gun for shooting missiles. It's just above the hydrogen thrusters.

Symmetrical ships are beautiful battleships :colbert:.

The front looks fine, but I don't like the new look of the engine placement. The older version looks a bit more...I dunno...real? Functional? The top hole just looks weird.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
A reminder that this is only for the cool sexy people using the Development Version.

quote:

Summary
In this week’s update we are releasing a revised building system. From now on, you can create a new grid from any block (not just from landing gear) by simply placing a block in any open area. We’ve also made changes to the G screen by cleaning it up, organizing it, and grouping similar blocks into groups. You can see if a block type has variants by the plus symbol in the top right corner of its thumbnail. To switch between variants, use the mouse scroll wheel. These changes should make building much more intuitive and time efficient.

Zooming in and out of 3rd person view now requires you to hold Alt combined with the mouse scroll. Also, any grid that is pasted into voxel from the clipboard will now become a static grid, including small ships. You can place them in at any angle and orientation.

Please note that because of the changes we made to the building system, we had to make adjustments to how blueprints are projected from projectors. It's now based on the first placed block of a blueprint. This means that the offset values in projectors will have to be corrected to account for this in all existing creations.

Lastly, the major improvements for the ModAPI and ingame programming mentioned last week are going live today. If you are a modder or a scripter who missed that announcement, here is the link to the ModAPI/Ingame Interface Expansion and Improvements guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=709010443

We would like to say a massive massive massive thanks to Malware for completely replacing the script compiler and to Phoenix84 for all the modding changes :). We cannot thanks guys like this enough!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTm1bv7Q7kU

Features
- revised building system
- 3rd person zoom and other control changes
- GitHub Source code updated to current dev version
- space master can cycle through GPS coordinates now

GitHub merges
- allow modAPI (script) access to OnGridChanged events (by fabricator77)
- added new IMyThrust properties (by Jimmacle)
- fix for lag when recoloring blocks (by Aleks976)
many thanks to all GitHub contributors!

Fixes
- dx9 textures removed
- fixed corrupted worlds with missing textures
- fixed speed mods corrupting world messages
- fixed Horizon and Altitude indicators distorted on triple monitor setups
- fixed piston top part gets separated on DS
- fixed issues when meteors are falling on DS
- fixed projection not matching the grid
- fixed check box in player terminal
- fixed pivot point have bad colors
- fixed refinery modules are functioning without power
- fixed particle effect of shooting (muzzle flash)
- fixed collisions ignored when pasting grid
- fixed rotor top parts shivering when placing
- fixed mirror mode switches on when reloading a world
- fixed manual Safety override (force weld) does not sync properly on DS
- fixed helmet flashlight sinks into grid/voxel
- fixed oxygen farm has wrong emissivity when powered
- fixed crash during meteor storm
- fixed no fuel reported when recharging docked ship during the day
- fixed Jump Drive destination selection issues
- fixed muzzle flash staying in place when changing weapons
- fixed Large atmospheric thrusters breaking
- fixed sound of getting out of cockpit when merging/unmerging ship
- fixed merge block on piston could not be merged
- fixed grinding Sliding doors at Earth EasyStart destroys different blocks
- fixed inventory screen screen filters showing wrong inventories
- fixed issues when remote controlling from cockpit
- fixed Small oxygen generator not consuming Ice on DS
- fixed debug menu warnings
- fixed block remains in terminal after being removed
- fixed reversed thusters , MP, creative
- fixed respawn ship selection issues
- fixed thruster issues in MP

Nuramor posted:

The front looks fine, but I don't like the new look of the engine placement. The older version looks a bit more...I dunno...real? Functional? The top hole just looks weird.

The "top hole" is because it's stuffed with modular equipment packs via projectors :v:

Speaking of which; if you'll all excuse me, I now have a shitload of module projectors to realign :suicide:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
One of the neat changes with the new building system is that blueprint projections finally assemble even when partially submerged in Voxels.

So you can blueprint bases now too :peanut:. Albeit perhaps with better placement on flat ground than I managed.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

It has been a while since I last played, but the new sounds are really great.

Can ice spawn on moons or do I have to gather it from the planet?

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Ice can be mined from asteroids.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Here you go neddy
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=716048498

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Holy poo poo. Oh that is definitely going in the Battlecarrier. :captainpop::fh:

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Question from someone who hasn't played in awhile. I really like the idea behind this game but I much prefer having a goal to just free building. I was really excited at the idea of pirates and the planet bases where you get attacked, but those turned out to be pretty short term challenges. Is there any mod or custom map that adds reasons to actually build giant space battleships or anything?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Test-drive time! :science:

It's a really cool script, but I can't get the program-run buttons to work yet to zoom or adjust the image. That said, it's not what really needs testing...

For reference, it's on one of the forward-wall displays in the CIC.

Some light cannonfire from a Narwhal Frigate... (Along with those very pretty new particle effects :allears:)

And because I forgot to turn off the shields, it only took some pretty minimal damage. The Narwhal was not so fortunate due to lacking shields at all :gibs:.

It works though. 'tis but a scratch!

edit: Who wants a shiny new base?

How about a base made from pre-fab blueprints?

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jul 5, 2016

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Neddy's poo poo is the reason I still read this thread despite not having run the game since before planets went live :allears:

I can't even begin to muster the kind of patience it must have taken to get that CIC all up and running.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

deadly_pudding posted:

Neddy's poo poo is the reason I still read this thread despite not having run the game since before planets went live :allears:

I can't even begin to muster the kind of patience it must have taken to get that CIC all up and running.

Little secret; Do the config scripts for all the LCD panels once, paste them to a notepad file, then reuse them indefinitely for anything and everything else because gently caress doing all that more than once.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Huh, this is cool as heck.

I've been following this thread for a little while, owned the game for like a year now but only got round to installing it a week ago. I've played through the tutorials it comes with, and tooled around in creative a bit. Is there a good/recommended tutorial series/let's play or whatever for this game anywhere? I like watching stuff to get a feel for the game etc, and have a lot of time at work where I can watch stuff but can't really play.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You want a blueprint of prefab Base parts? Go make a base :science:

What, you want a ship to lay the pieces out for you too? You lazy fuckers! :argh:.

Then use the Dragonfly Base-Maker.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It's a real exciting patch this week, full of new features and cool toy- Nah, it's just a bugfix patch.

quote:

This week’s update brings another round of bug fixes and improvements. We're also trying something new today, bringing you the first in an upcoming series of Space Engineers dev diaries.
In the developer diary this week, our programmer Michal will tell you a bit about animations he's been working on, particularly the new things he's added and some of the final touches on the system. Right now we support synchronizations between layers and also support reading variables from the environment, so the animation is completely driven by the game and not vice-versa.
Michal is working on stabilizing the first person camera and smoothing out the behavior of the 3rd person camera, and he will also show you the inverse kinematics for the feet of the character. This means that if you're running on an asteroid, the character snaps his feet correctly to the surface of the asteroid. This also applies to animals (for example, spiders). He's also improving the weapon animation and positioning in the game, which should be much smoother than before.
Finally, in the 3rd person, we're using animation from our artists rather than the code. This improves appearance while running. We can also use animation for driving the weapon position for complicated situations like holding the weapon while running.
We hope you enjoyed this new segment and though we won't have a dev diary every week, you can look forward to more in the future!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn9KsoSdm4A

Fixes
- fixed pasting from clipboard for the first time
- fixed crash when loading a world
- fixed character moving with rotor
- fixed player being able to control ships from cryochamber
- fixed character with no head when in remote control
- fixed impossible to move issue during lock on merge block by landing gear
- fixed disconnected Hydrogen Thrusters causing ship to sink in an atmosphere
- fixed clicking on the slider for Suspension Travel greys out controls on the block
- fixed respawn on DS not working correctly
- fixed crash on loading blueprint
- fixed "safety locked" Large to Small rotor moves around a lot
- added .NET environment in the log
- fixed controlled ship falling down on planet

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

quote:

What about a controlled ship falling up on a planet?

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.
Are there any good survival scenarios where you start on a planet with the bare minimum of supplies. Ala crashed red ship but on a planet?

Easy start just gives you everything right away and I feel like there is nothing to really do at that point. I want to have to salvage what I have and build something up from that while dealing with hostile creatures and meteor showers.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Jeesis posted:

Are there any good survival scenarios where you start on a planet with the bare minimum of supplies. Ala crashed red ship but on a planet?

Easy start just gives you everything right away and I feel like there is nothing to really do at that point. I want to have to salvage what I have and build something up from that while dealing with hostile creatures and meteor showers.

Solar System

You get a lander with all the required machines and enough solar cells for a few large panels and that's it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I SUPPOSE I should post the patch notes here, huh? (They're already in the OP)

quote:

Update 01.144 DEV - Summary
This week’s update brings some animation improvements as well as more bug fixes.
We are adding inverse kinematics that support the new animation system applied to all characters and fauna. This prevents feet from clipping through the terrain in most situations. We’ve also created a new idle animation for sabiroids. Lastly, character tool and weapon movements have been smoothed out and their positions have been improved.
Bugs fixed this week include block building groups not remembering the last selected variant, and blocks not remembering their last selected orientation. This should ensure that the new building system is significantly more time efficient.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRUku9fDyS8

Features
- inverse kinematics for all characters and fauna
- improvements to character tool/weapon movement and position
- added new idle sabiroid animation

Fixes
- fixed lag when placing blocks
- fixed projectors not loading blueprints in survival
- blocks in groups now remember last orientation used
- search in G-menu will find all hidden blocks now
- groups now remember the last selected block
- tweaked inverse kinematics for character in 1st person
- fixed grids list button being unclickable in terminal
- fixed character standing in cockpit after victory animation
- fixed entering cockpit while falling and exiting it
- fixed spider attack animation being too fast
- fixed rifle can't use more than 1 type of ammo
- fixed logging issues from SharpDX
- fixed Sorter draining all bouncing items in wrong direction
- fixed player position being under Cryochamber when actually inside
- fixed server rank desync
- fixed impossibility of camera rotation in front of hangar doors
- fixed rotor speed not coming back to zero at right click
- fixed stucked camera automatic zoom

Update 144.005 Dev
- fixed crash in grid replication
- fixed welder not working on DS
- Stable branch, Modding - http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/stable-branch-modding.7385779/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 01.140 Stable version fixes
Today's update to the stable branch contains all bug fixes from the past month. However, it does not yet include new features like the new building system and modding changes - for those, jump over to the dev branch to check them out.
- dx9 textures removed
- solar panels can be turned on or off
- 3rd person zoom and other control changes
- space master can cycle through GPS coordinates now
- added .NET environment in the log
- fixed color copying in mirror mode
- fixed cockpit toolbar issues
- fixed open doors grinding faster than closed ones
- fixed stretched control cube
- fixed backpack color changing
- fixed log saying "see log for details"
- fixed construction stage orientation for some blocks
- fixed cryochamber overlay sticking ofter death
- fixed tool tips covering jumpdrive countdown
- fixed hidden inventory slot behavior
- fixed grinder area of effect after merging
- fixed projected antennas broadcasting
- fixed incorrect inventory order after moving an item
- fixed screenshot crash in blueprints menu
- fixed crash in Havok when loading world
- fixed corrupted worlds with missing textures
- fixed speed mods corrupting world messages
- fixed Horizon and Altitude indicators distorted on triple monitor setups
- fixed piston top part gets separated on DS
- fixed issues when meteors are falling on DS
- fixed projection not matching the grid
- fixed check box in player terminal
- fixed pivot point have bad colors
- fixed refinery modules are functioning without power
- fixed particle effect of shooting (muzzle flash)
- fixed collisions ignored when pasting grid
- fixed rotor top parts shivering when placing
- fixed mirror mode switches on when reloading a world
- fixed manual Safety override (force weld) does not sync properly on DS
- fixed helmet flashlight sinks into grid/voxel
- fixed oxygen farm has wrong emissivity when powered
- fixed crash during meteor storm
- fixed no fuel reported when recharging docked ship during the day
- fixed Jump Drive destination selection issues
- fixed muzzle flash staying in place when changing weapons
- fixed Large atmospheric thrusters breaking
- fixed sound of getting out of cockpit when merging/unmerging ship
- fixed merge block on piston could not be merged
- fixed grinding Sliding doors at Earth EasyStart destroys different blocks
- fixed inventory screen screen filters showing wrong inventories
- fixed issues when remote controlling from cockpit
- fixed Small oxygen generator not consuming Ice on DS
- fixed debug menu warnings
- fixed block remains in terminal after being removed
- fixed reversed thusters (MP, creative)
- fixed respawn ship selection issues
- fixed thruster issues in MP
- fixed pasting from clipboard for the first time
- fixed crash when loading a world
- fixed character moving with rotor
- fixed player being able to control ships from cryochamber
- fixed character with no head when in remote control
- fixed impossible to move issue during lock on merge block by landing gear
- fixed clicking on the slider for Suspension Travel greys out controls on the block
- fixed respawn on DS not working correctly
- fixed crash on loading blueprint
- fixed "safety locked" Large to Small rotor moves around a lot

Update 140.004 Stable
- fixed crash in grid replication

All the Stable version is getting in the new version is the bugfixes from the past few weeks and none of the shiny new features. Dev version reigns supreme :smuggo:.

I don't know if the hotfix fixed it, but this week's patch has a fun bug. Wheels stay locked as Stations, regardless of what the main body of a vehicle or ship is (ship or station) when pasted.

edit: KSH can't count, they just changed the version number down to 144 instead of 145 with the hotfix, so that's going to be fun having your Worlds complain about being made in a newer version for a week if they don't fix it.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 16, 2016

johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

Jeesis posted:

My brother, a friend and myself made a custom system that had 3 planets about 1000km apart and about 200 custom picked and placed asteroids. Our theme we were going with was scarcity and it was a lot of fun while we had the server up.

Unfortunately the games just too unstable (I know it's still alpha) for us to continue with it. Once things get a bit more stable and it makes it into a beta or whatever we're going to get the server up and running again. We actually had a regular server population of 5 to 15 people on. There was just too many instances of an update wrecking or deleting bases and ships to keep going.

This game has so much potential though. We already have a lot of ideas for back story, models for wrecks on planets etc. Once we're able to I think we're going to be able to run a pretty rad server.

In the meantime I'm going to keep building ships and most likely smashing them into planets.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
I "made" (vanilla models, just changed values) a mod that is a straight upgrade of vanilla ion thrusters that function well in atmosphere. They're a bit more expensive, requiring as many superconductor conduits as thruster components, have an idle power draw as much as hydrogen thrusters, provide about 85% as much thrust as a hydrogen thruster, and overall better power efficiency over ions.

In short, the only 'balance' i tried to build it was up front build cost, after that I didn't give a poo poo. They're also significantly more damaging with the thruster flame so your light armor landing platforms will get melted by these things if you get too close.

The engine flame effect is also a pretty rad purple.

Would anyone be interested?

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Sorus posted:

I "made" (vanilla models, just changed values) a mod that is a straight upgrade of vanilla ion thrusters that function well in atmosphere. They're a bit more expensive, requiring as many superconductor conduits as thruster components, have an idle power draw as much as hydrogen thrusters, provide about 85% as much thrust as a hydrogen thruster, and overall better power efficiency over ions.

In short, the only 'balance' i tried to build it was up front build cost, after that I didn't give a poo poo. They're also significantly more damaging with the thruster flame so your light armor landing platforms will get melted by these things if you get too close.

The engine flame effect is also a pretty rad purple.

Would anyone be interested?

For that purple, yeah.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
I had to clean things up a little and fix engine glare, but here you go: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727772862

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sorus posted:

I had to clean things up a little and fix engine glare, but here you go: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727772862

Added to the OP.

Hey guys, you know what's more scary than a bigass lagship Battlecarrier designed to carry all manner of fighters and ground assault vehicles?

One capable of maintaining altitude in 1G gravity :unsmigghh:.

It can't make a vertical takeoff, it can only hover, but it can climb at a shallow angle to escape planetary gravity.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
God drat Neddy. Here I'm still struggling to get out of the atmosphere... good job with your monster there.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Quick technical question: my buddy tries to launch SE but the game tells him he doesn't have DirectX11; Microsoft says he does. Any quick fixes/common causes?

Dev Branch
Windows 10
16 GB RAM
NVidia "Newest, best video cards in SLI"

Getting any more system information from him is like pulling goddamn teeth so hopefully we can get something here.

zennik
Jun 9, 2002

Evilreaver posted:

Quick technical question: my buddy tries to launch SE but the game tells him he doesn't have DirectX11; Microsoft says he does. Any quick fixes/common causes?

Dev Branch
Windows 10
16 GB RAM
NVidia "Newest, best video cards in SLI"

Getting any more system information from him is like pulling goddamn teeth so hopefully we can get something here.

Most likely bad/outdated drivers, or he's being prideful and instead of 'Newest, best' he actually has like, a 9800 or 260 or some crap in SLI.

Would be helpful to know the exact video cards he has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I saw somebody complain about that recently and fixed it by editing his configuration file at %appdata%/SpaceEngineers/SpaceEngineers.cfg and changing

code:
    <item>
      <Key xsi:type="xsd:string">GraphicsRenderer</Key>
      <Value xsi:type="xsd:string">DirectX 9</Value>
    </item>
to
code:
    <item>
      <Key xsi:type="xsd:string">GraphicsRenderer</Key>
      <Value xsi:type="xsd:string">DirectX 11</Value>
    </item>

• Locked thread