Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ozmunkeh posted:

You are receiving this broadcast in order to alter the events you are seeing. Our technology has not developed a transmitter strong enough to reach your conscious state of awareness, but this is not a dream. You are seeing what is actually occurring for the purpose of causality violation.

Goddamn if I ever get a free moment I'm going to affect that footage and try to cut it into that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

FuzzySkinner posted:

I know Hillary supporters aren't fans but I think Bernie would have a FIELD day with these two clowns. He'd be my pick.

You got nothing to lose. You don't need to worry about the women vote, the black vote, the hispanic vote, etc. None of them are voting for Trump. Slam on the loving gas and wrap this whole thing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYhCfZy4h6U

Also it's depressing as hell to watch InfoWars walk down the street being pissed at BLM...

..Why?

Well LAST MONTH I saw harmony between my whole city after we won a title, and it proves these racist poo poo bags are morons.

Most Hillary supporters I've seen have no problem with Sanders. Like I'm a Sanders Supporter, but also like Hillary fine. but the annoying fringe of his supporters can go gently caress themselves.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dexo posted:

Most Hillary supporters I've seen have no problem with Sanders. Like I'm a Sanders Supporter, but also like Hillary fine. but the annoying fringe of his supporters can go gently caress themselves.

my opinion was "vote third party" until about 2-3 weeks a go..so unfortunately I was in that group.

Now? I really want to find a way to get the DNC to steam roll these assholes. When Hillary takes the White House? We can worry about liberal principles and moving the party left. For now? We gotta make sure these asshats don't get into office.

I think the only obstacle Bernie faces is the DNC higher ups aren't thrilled with him, but he's a great asset if they play their cards right.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

FuzzySkinner posted:

my opinion was "vote third party" until about 2-3 weeks a go..so unfortunately I was in that group.

Now? I really want to find a way to get the DNC to steam roll these assholes. When Hillary takes the White House? We can worry about liberal principles and moving the party left. For now? We gotta make sure these asshats don't get into office.

I think the only obstacle Bernie faces is the DNC higher ups aren't thrilled with him, but he's a great asset if they play their cards right.

Sanders would be no more useful as a VP than he will be as a surrogate. Also, I really doubt he would take the job. Also that'd be one of the oldest tickets in US history.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

FuzzySkinner posted:

That's what the Democratic Party says every year that they don't adopt a liberal platform.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

BonoMan posted:

Goddamn if I ever get a free moment I'm going to affect that footage and try to cut it into that movie.

Yup, same. I hope someone does it.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Was Infowars and Alex Jones as a whole always super right wing or is that a more recent thing? Until Alex Jones started haarping on about Benghazi and Hilary I was under the impression that he was more of a 100% anti-government every-politician-is-in-the-new-world-order chemtrails style conspiracy nut. Was I wrong?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

That's what the Democratic Party says every year that they don't adopt a liberal platform.

Purity is great right up until you need to win an election, as the Republicans have shown us.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The present veep list is Kaine, Perez and Vilsack. The interesting thing there to me is that 2/3 of that list served with Hillary as part of Obamas cabinet. If Hillary is trying to position herself as a continuation of the successful Obama administration, and I think she's smart to do so, having both halves of the ticket be a part of that administration would be drat clever.

It would also ensure that we get more conservatives doing their alternate present thing, which is only going to push independents further away, and energise the base.

Good thing that they've adopted the most progressive platform yet then.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Platonicsolid posted:

Purity is great right up until you need to win an election, as the Republicans have shown us.
Yeah, if the dems were guaranteed the presidency and both houses of congress, you'd see a properly liberal push.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.
According to the RNC's own count, there are just 18 African American delegates attending the convention out of more than 2400 delegates. That's .73% of the delegation.

But of course, as Trump puts it "Blacks love me!"

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I'm holding out for one with the Alfred Hitchcock theme.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Fulchrum posted:

Good thing that they've adopted the most progressive platform yet then.

Recently that's probably right although a low bar.

There's tons of people that really agree with Hillary and the Democratic Parties platform and more power to you. I just think that "look how horrible the other guys are!" is an overplayed reason to not vote third party. It gets parroted on both sides and at this point is what I think is sustaining both parties to a degree.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Sankis posted:

Was Infowars and Alex Jones as a whole always super right wing or is that a more recent thing? Until Alex Jones started haarping on about Benghazi and Hilary I was under the impression that he was more of a 100% anti-government every-politician-is-in-the-new-world-order chemtrails style conspiracy nut. Was I wrong?
It just depends on who is president.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Recently that's probably right although a low bar.

There's tons of people that really agree with Hillary and the Democratic Parties platform and more power to you. I just think that "look how horrible the other guys are!" is an overplayed reason to not vote third party. It gets parroted on both sides and at this point is what I think is sustaining both parties to a degree.

You don't vote third party in a general election because it's ultimately meaningless, or actively harmful in a battleground state, and if third parties were actually serious about wanting to lead they'd be building up through local elections and not trying to start out by grabbing the Presidency via populist rhetoric and overall insanity.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Alright, this shitshow is starting. The lineup is basically the '27 Yankees of rear end in a top hat republicans, my prediction is Cruz will be the most spiteful, hateful guy of the night but someone else might surprise me.

edit: Lineup - Laura Ingraham, some rando businessman, Pam Bondi, an ex-astronaut, Michelle van Etten who is a literal snake-oil salesperson, Ralph Aldarado, some pastor named Darrell Scott, another rando businessman, Scott Walker, some Trump lackey, Liddle Marco, Lyin' Ted Cruz, Eric Trump, Newt Gingrich and the woman he left his cancerous wife for, and Pence

Filthy Hans fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 21, 2016

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

YouTube stream is back up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_lpyG-ddec

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I would like to thank CNN for having a live feed during the commercial break, because right now they're showing nothing but goobers dancing to the band in the Convention Hall. It's a "who's who" of people who have no rhythm.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

Yoshifan823 posted:

I would like to thank CNN for having a live feed during the commercial break, because right now they're showing nothing but goobers dancing to the band in the Convention Hall. It's a "who's who" of people who have no rhythm.

It's something that transcends political ideology, as seen in my all-time favourite political video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvmKstQMIEo

RIP, Sherrod Brown's VP prospects.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Apocalypse posted:

According to the RNC's own count, there are just 18 African American delegates attending the convention out of more than 2400 delegates. That's .73% of the delegation.

But of course, as Trump puts it "Blacks love me!"
To be fair to Trump (ugh) he doesn't pick the delegates, it's the state/local parties.

Why no, that doesn't suggest the local parties are racist! It's you who are the racist and furthermore

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:
So for 2016, we have sickness. In 2012 we had storms. In 2008 we had economic disaster.

Whats going to be the plague in 2020?

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
https://instagram.com/p/BIGhO1Hjy8G/

Grandma's got the moves

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TheOneOutside posted:

So for 2016, we have sickness. In 2012 we had storms. In 2008 we had economic disaster.

Whats going to be the plague in 2020?

The actual plague

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
I imagine most black republicans opposed Trump and therefore were under-represented among his delegates.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Franco Potente posted:

It's something that transcends political ideology, as seen in my all-time favourite political video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvmKstQMIEo

RIP, Sherrod Brown's VP prospects.

oh god. How have I never seen this.

He's still good with me. He's at least smart enough to look around him and try and stay in time with the people around him. That's really all I ask of my white politicians.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

JeffersonClay posted:

I imagine most black republicans opposed Trump and therefore were under-represented among his delegates.

Nah, there just aren't any other than a few crazy people who spoke on Monday night.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
My favorite (unintentional) thing that keeps happening is just how little rhythm they have. Every chant is just a wonderful clusterfuck of people not knowing when the clap, chant, or what the beat is.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

This is it. This is the most appropriate song for the RNC.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
I'm at work, please PM me the moment Cruz sits down on stage and delivers a WWE-style pipebomb.

Or an actual pipe-bomb. You know it's crossed his mind.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

So is this song like the prequel to "I'm on a boat" or whatever it was?

SoSimpleABeginning
Mar 6, 2010

From so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
The Great Twist
That harmonica solo made me switch my vote to Trump.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Crain posted:

My favorite (unintentional) thing that keeps happening is just how little rhythm they have. Every chant is just a wonderful clusterfuck of people not knowing when the clap, chant, or what the beat is.
Should fly in Icelandic soccer fans.

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

Nice to see Tommy Wiseau getting a gig there on the tambourine.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

This is the most godawful Johnny Cash cover ever.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

notthegoatseguy posted:

seriously what in the hell is this

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

seriously what in the hell is this

It's like they're trying to play the Social Distortion version, except without the loud guitar, and without the rock and roll vocals. Oh, and they added a saxophone.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

notthegoatseguy posted:

I'm kinda mad about it IRL

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Fun exercise: mute the video feed and watch all the rhythmically-challenged white people. :haw:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They are interviewing the ghostwriter of Art of the Deal on MSNBC. LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Born in the USA, eh?
"Let me hear you if you're proud of being born in the USA"

• Locked thread