Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

what i suggested should really be a mod challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

What's your opinion about Assetto Corsa, and do you think there is a better tyre simulation regarding force feedback than in rFactor 2?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

if moma is scared of talking with derek someone else could volunteer

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

Backers should be putting Chris Roberts on the spot, not Derek.

Chris Roberts seems to be strangely absent from the shitstorm surrounding his project right now.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

Chris Roberts seems to be strangely absent from the shitstorm surrounding his project right now.

He made lovely games 20 years ago so that means he can revolutionize the industry today. He can't fail he can only be failed.

I have a feeling there's some bizarro forum where some sarcastic backer quotes this post, and points and laughs at the fact I'm insulting Wing Commander, Like it's somehow accepted there that Wing Commander is obviously the greatest franchise of all time and by insulting it, it is in fact *I* who is the delusional one.

But then the meta starts hurting my brain.

Star Citizen is simply an autistic boy looking into a snowglobe

That boy is Sandi Gardner.

Edit: The snow is cocaine

EditEdit: The Globe is Benjamin Lesnick

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 21, 2016

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

SomethingJones posted:

Maybe he finally realized how well and truly hosed the project is. It must be rough when you wake up every morning knowing that it is only a matter of time before the wheels come off and you're exposed as the charlatan you've become. He probably just stays in bed until noon, dreaming of ways this all might pan out in his favor.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

tuo posted:

What's your opinion about Assetto Corsa, and do you think there is a better tyre simulation regarding force feedback than in rFactor 2?

Assetto Corsa makes my rear end tingle using the Buttkicker so that gets my vote

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Madcosby posted:

This is a good exercise.

Moma, can you list what you expect in the final release of the game, and set a date when you think you should receive this final release?

I know, I was going to suggest "Concrete information at Gamescom (mid august) about either SC or SQ42" as a near term goal but it looks like lando is already downplaying it sooooo whats next? "2.5 having measurable progress in either instance capacity, features or performance"?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Daztek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dOk2uBTYAE

not as fidelititititious, glitched and broken as Star Citizen, but decent enough!

wow, what is this? a visual design style and music that doesn't put me to sleep. unpossible!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

XK posted:

I got heavily into PC gaming in mid 1996. I bought what I could, and got heavily into warez for anything that even slightly interested me, and even then I still avoided any kind of FMV like the plague because I could already tell it was poo poo. I came in at the prime time to get hooked on WC style FMV, but the closest I ever got was playing Command and Conquer with its awful cutscenes. I think seeing a friend's 3DO, some Sega CD poo poo, and Mad Dog McCree at the arcade, vaccinated me against getting into any of the WC stuff. I played Duke 3D, Doom, Quake, Descent, Lucas Arts stuff, but I believe I completely wrote off any WC immediately due to the FMV garbage. I don't even have any memory of Freelancer or the others, which apparently came out in my peak of PC gaming in the late 90s early 2000s. It was just completely off my radar, even though I loved sim and space stuff.

The SQ42 that Roberts seems to be trying to make, as far as I can tell, looks to be a throwback to all that poo poo that never interested me even when it was relevant. His modern update on it looks like all the mocap poo poo will only be terrible imitations of Half-Life 2 dialogue scenes, which were the worst parts of HL2. His SQ42 audience is people who liked FMV in 1995. His Star Citizen audience is people who are delusional about how far open world games have advanced since 1995. Sad.

You misspelled awesome.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

500 posts? Has something happened other than :justpost: ing?

I bring a proper puppy

Is nobody gonna emptyquote this puppo?

I'm gonna emptyquote this puppo.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

HycoCam posted:

"he's telling lies -- not the truth."

Who is telling lies? Derek or Chris? Let us do a little comparison. Back in July 2015, Derek told us a few things: Sandi was Chris's wife, Star Marine was canceled, and Star Citizen would never be released.

The bottom line: What Derek posts has a tendency to come true. What CR writes is complete fiction and no basis in reality. Just trying to catch up on this thread before posting we have people talking about the 24 player instance cap, VR coming to the game, an efficient patcher. These are things Chris Roberts told us we would have. The 10 For the Chairman has been canceled. Why? Because a fan released a searchable index of all the show's transcripts. A challenge was made on the RSI forums to find ten 10 of the questions regarding gameplay that were answered by CR and have been implemented. With 1,000 or so questions and answers--the best anyone could do was find ONE question regarding gameplay that became a reality. ONE.

So who has the better track record? My money is on Dr. Smart. Ol' Diddie Shmandi might not be right 100% of the time, but he has delivered on his words far, far more than the CEO of Cloud Imperium Games. The big question for you: How much money have you give Chris Roberts? And how much money have you given Derek? If the answers are: A bunch and zero. Why again are you harping on the guy you have given zero dollars to about making false statements? Shouldn't you be asking the person you gave your money to where the basic gameplay elements are?

^this :five: :five: :five:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
It's an obvious thing to point out though, isn't it?

Derek Smart is on the record - in blogs spanning a year, a podcast interview and on this forum, saying over and over again why this game as pitched will not be made.

Chris Roberts has yet to go on the record to address a single item from what Derek has been saying for 12 months. What Derek has been saying has gone completely unchallenged and unrebutted by CIG for over a year. There is no argument here, that's a fact.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

SomethingJones posted:

It's an obvious thing to point out though, isn't it?

Derek Smart is on the record - in blogs spanning a year, a podcast interview and on this forum, saying over and over again why this game as pitched will not be made.

Chris Roberts has yet to go on the record to address a single item from what Derek has been saying for 12 months. What Derek has been saying has gone completely unchallenged and unrebutted by CIG for over a year. There is no argument here, that's a fact.
My favorite thing was when Derek (Beer technically I guess) leaked the name of their next ship and they released those promotional images where it was called "POTATO" instead of whatever equally dumb thing they ended up naming it.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
For what MoMA claims to have invested in this game. If someone sends me that amount I will never post on SA again. I promise. I will sign a contract and everything.

EDIT--- thank you for the new AV whoever bought it. I like this picture!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

thatguy posted:

My favorite thing was when Derek (Beer technically I guess) leaked the name of their next ship and they released those promotional images where it was called "POTATO" instead of whatever equally dumb thing they ended up naming it.

Also $5 less than predicted so THEY WERE TOTALLY WRONG GUYS WE NEVER PLANNED TO CHARGE THAT

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

thatguy posted:

My favorite thing is that the Prime Directive at CIG is to make sure anything Derek predicts does not happen, at any cost. This is an extremely transparent bid to "prove" to backers that Derek does not have an inside source. As a result, Derek has more power to determine the course of CIG than Chris Roberts.

I'm still waiting for Derek to predict that Star Citizen will release and be a commercial hit, forcing CIG to close their doors and give up this charade once and for all.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

:five:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

The state of the game right now and POTATO should be all the proof anyone needs of anything.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
CIG and the backers accuse Derek of running a FUD campaign - fear, uncertainty, doubt.

What have CIG done to address any of this? Nothing, they just accuse him (and goons) of running FUD. That's it. They cannot deliver anything which would alleviate any doubt about the project, they cannot tell you anything concrete to address any uncertainties, and they certainly won't show anyone where the money is being spent to put any fears of wasted backer money to bed.

If the remaining faithful want to shut Derek up, if they really want to absolutely wreck him and discredit what he has been saying, then they ought to be asking Chris Roberts for a little certainty, a healthy dose of reality and a large amount of honesty as to the state of this project. And when they get it they can come on here and throw it in Derek's face.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

yea but that would mean that derek is relevant and that is unacceptable at any cost

lol

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Google Butt posted:

moma would you be willing to debate derek via discord and have it recorded? i feel like if you had to verbalize your cig defense you would feel incredibly embarrassed.

I'm in! :D

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Quick Reminder:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/324520/bookmark-the-next-3-months

:lol::lol::lol:

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

$17339.16 is the lowest total since November 12, 2015.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

everyone is busy with the literal minutes of content in the free fly weekend. Just you wait until they run the mission, shoot the npc, and then explode out of both their ship and their pants in pure gaming ecstasy and start dropping down the $100,000 a day they need to stay solvent.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

boviscopophobic posted:

The free fly/weekend bump reddit was gloating about didn't get anywhere near $40K? That was the funding tracker floor at the beginning of the year. Choppy waters ahead when they inevitably announce SQ42 is delayed

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Fat Shat Sings posted:

everyone is busy with the literal minutes of content in the free fly weekend. Just you wait until they run the mission, shoot the npc, and then explode out of both their ship and their pants in pure gaming ecstasy and start dropping down the $100,000 a day they need to stay solvent.

Here comes the dead cat bounce.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
I know its too much to ask CIG to release a good game to shut up the whiners but at the very least they can set a few modest goals with dates and meet them. Just to give the backers some straws to grasp at. Like my god are they absolute twats over deadlines they set themselves. IT IS NORMAL IN DEVELOPMENT TO HAVE SOME DELAYS. IT IS NOT NORMAL TO NEVER MAKE ANY GOALS YOU SET YOURSELF AND TO HAVE THIS MANY OF THEM.

And stop saying soon, a few weeks, next patch, and then never discussing it again. Its scummy. Have the courage to say "this isn't working out", "Theres a bigg issue that's gonna take awhile to fix", or "we went in another direction".

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

Here comes the dead cat bounce.

leonardo_dicapprio.jpg

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

peter gabriel posted:

leonardo_dicapprio.jpg

More like jack_nicholson.jpg

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

leonardo_dicapprio.jpg

leonardo_dicliprio.jpg :smuggo:

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

leonardo_dicapprio.jpg

Whatever steroids the citizen tracker took on Monday seem to have worn off.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

boviscopophobic posted:

Oh dear what a shame

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

SurfaceDetail posted:

I know its too much to ask CIG to release a good game to shut up the whiners but at the very least they can set a few modest goals with dates and meet them. Just to give the backers some straws to grasp at. Like my god are they absolute twats over deadlines they set themselves. IT IS NORMAL IN DEVELOPMENT TO HAVE SOME DELAYS. IT IS NOT NORMAL TO NEVER MAKE ANY GOALS YOU SET YOURSELF AND TO HAVE THIS MANY OF THEM.

And stop saying soon, a few weeks, next patch, and then never discussing it again. Its scummy. Have the courage to say "this isn't working out", "Theres a bigg issue that's gonna take awhile to fix", or "we went in another direction".

It's kinda obvious Chris Roberts is steamrolling this poo poo right into a flaming dumpster.

I can think of no reason, while being years behind and under delivering with the main product with $118,000,000 in pre-sold assets you would be still doing Motion Capture and playing Hollywood director with a $20,000,000 Hollywood playset unless you just didn't give a gently caress and were going to do things exactly the way you wanted to do them. However dumb that way actually is. Nobody can fire him and backers don't even want to stop him.

But as the backers always say, "It wasn't explicitly stated, therefore you are wrong"

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
my favorite part is that zecumbe literally screenshots and archives every post in this thread so we know he's reading that chart and getting angry lol.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Fat Shat Sings posted:

It's kinda obvious Chris Roberts is steamrolling this poo poo right into a flaming dumpster.

I can think of no reason, while being years behind and under delivering with the main product with $118,000,000 in pre-sold assets you would be still doing Motion Capture and playing Hollywood director with a $20,000,000 Hollywood playset unless you just didn't give a gently caress and were going to do things exactly the way you wanted to do them. However dumb that way actually is. Nobody can fire him and backers don't even want to stop him.

But as the backers always say, "It wasn't explicitly stated, therefore you are wrong"

Dude they have the unbreakable bond of a stretchgoal. A stretchgoal! Clearly that justifies spunking half the game's budget on a thing.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

A Neurotic Jew posted:

my favorite part is that zecumbe literally screenshots and archives every post in this thread so we know he's reading that chart and getting angry lol.

Does he really? You would think he would have gotten smart* by osmosis at this point. There have been dozens of people dropping entire novels worth of legit, founded, well reasoned and thought out criticisms. If he is doing that he is building a monument to his own stupidity.

*DEREK SMART

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

boviscopophobic posted:

Cheeto and Mountain Dew stockpiles at all time lows.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/755906484190322688

sandi please stop brutally owning CIG with your twitter and facebook feed.

• Locked thread