Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/755973704052449280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

Then...why the gently caress did they let him go on stage??????????

Because while Ted Cruz is playing 5th dimensional chess, Trump is playing 11th dimensional and did this so Ted would destroy himself on stage

I have no loving clue. It's amazing.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

earlier from halperin

https://twitter.com/MarkHalperin/status/755919655525580801

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
the gently caress is going on here? everyone knew yet did nothing?

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Why are all these Reagan loving people so mad about Cruz? Cruz just did to Trump basically what Reagan did to Ford in '76.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

misty mountaintop posted:

I know everyone hates Cruz but it's not smart to draw attention to the fact that your candidate just failed to get an endorsement. Do they really want this to be the story tomorrow? Cruz looking bad is not the same thing as Trump looking good.

It is in Trump Zero-Sum World.

If this does torch Cruz's career, good riddance.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ha

Ha ha

Hahahha

Hahahahahahhahaha ha

HahhahahahahahahahahshahhahajahhajahahahahahhahahahshahahahahahahhahahshahhshwhshhshshahahahahahajahahjajajahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahajajahahahaahhahahahahahwhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahajajahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahsbahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhshahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahwhahahahahaahahhahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahwhahahahahhaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahshahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahshahahajshheahajahjahahahahahahajajahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahsajajajajajahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahajjajahahahajjshahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahhahahahahahahahahshahhahajahhajahahahahahhahahahshahahahahahahhahahshahhshwhshhshshahahahahahajahahjajajahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahajajahahahaahhahahahahahwhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahajajahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahsbahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhshahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahwhahahahahaahahhahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahwhahahahahhaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahshahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahshahahajshheahajahjahahahahahahajajahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahsajajajajajahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahajjajahahahajjshahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Why let this man who is trying to be a competitor to trump on stage and say poo poo that would get people upset at him

I don't get it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

you let him go on stage and blow off your candidate you incredibly stupid man

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

(Wipes tear)

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

FourLeaf posted:

the gently caress is going on here? everyone knew yet did nothing?

Trump's campaign knew what Cruz was going to do and played him like a fiddle for great political theater

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Boosted_C5 posted:

Without question.

An enemy of Trump tries to upstage him and is destroyed as a result. HUGE positive imagery for a strongman "law and order" candidate.

Also it's making people rally around Trump. Cruz wasn't booed and isn't being criticized merely for being selfish. He was bood and is being criticized for NOT ENDORSING TRUMP.

He didn't get "destroyed." He trolled that whole arena and made them look like the unstable unprepared psychos most of America worries that they are.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lawrence O'Donnell reporting that the astronaut's written speech ended with an endorsement of Trump and she ignored it.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Boosted_C5 posted:

"Upstaged" is a funny way of saying ended his own national career by pissing off Republicans who are now condemning him for not rallying around Trump

his career is basically built around telling these people to go gently caress themselves so i think he'll be fine

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

His man in Ukraine did get overthrown by the only fascists in Europe who hate Putin, which is something.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

not sure what Putin's endgame is here

is this how you have fun when you're a bazillionaire

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
this is the stupidest thing ive ever seen. good lord.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Like I guess Manafort thought he could use this to help Trump but it's gonna backfire. Cruz is the only 2020 GOP nominee besides Kasich that looks principled

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Why did the Trump campaign think that highlighting the divide between him and Cruz was a good idea

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
both trump and slime man think they got away with something this is great

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"hehehehe yep, my life is a shambles. heh" - P Manafart

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
good thing cruz rushed off that stage before the rains of castamere started playing

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DynamicSloth posted:

Lol, even Trump's guy think's he's not getting elected.
Jesus loving Christ. These people are complete fuckwits.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
And if you think Cruz's plan was to give that speech tonight and then never talk to the press afterwards, you're in for a surprise, because the damage he can do is only just beginning.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Man party loyalty is some bullshit I'll never get.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

misty mountaintop posted:

He didn't get "destroyed." He trolled that whole arena and made them look like the unstable unprepared psychos most of America worries that they are.

Exactly. You guys are as delusional as Manafort apparently is if you think this does anything besides make Trump look even more incompetent

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

what's so hard to understand? trump gets a free punching bag in the form of ted cruz, and when trump loses cruz will be able to say I told you so when he runs in 2020

win win

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

So this is just Trump/Manafort's destruction of their intraparty opponents? Savage.

Still a stupid idea. Manafort's still got Russian politics on the brain.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
reporting on cruz's speech and whether trump knew about it etc.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/755974701172817920

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

Why did the Trump campaign think that highlighting the divide between him and Cruz was a good idea

passionate dongs posted:

both trump and slime man think they got away with something this is great

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

So I don't think there's even a slight chance Laura Ingraham was actually giving a Nazi salute, but this is a really unfortunate picture for her and funny picture for me.

https://twitter.com/BruceRheins/status/755955944664682496

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Alter Ego posted:

They also went after Kasich despite Kasich having good approval ratings with Ohio republicans.

Glad that they can copy the petty grudge strategy from their boss

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
The only way Trump has 10 Billion is if I have gave him 9 and a half billion to wash my balls - Mark Cuban on Colbert

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Trump SOP yet again. And it keeps working.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Without question.

An enemy of Trump tries to upstage him and is destroyed as a result. HUGE positive imagery for a strongman "law and order" candidate.

Also it's making people rally around Trump. Cruz wasn't booed and isn't being criticized merely for being selfish. He was bood and is being criticized for NOT ENDORSING TRUMP.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Marco Rubio is sitting at home going "poo poo, I shoulda done that. I wasn't even fuckin' THERE."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

STAC Goat posted:

Lawrence O'Donnell reporting that the astronaut's written speech ended with an endorsement of Trump and she ignored it.

hahahahahaha

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Lol he told trump to gently caress off on prime time. If you cant see that take off the orange goggles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Hey this clown wants to commit suicide on live tv

this thread "Why would you let him do that, I don't get it"

• Locked thread