Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

STAC Goat posted:

Lawrence O'Donnell reporting that the astronaut's written speech ended with an endorsement of Trump and she ignored it.

quoting so no one misses this. trump has to be furious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dickensian Aspect
Mar 18, 2009
Ah yes, the convention narrative of fratricidal chaos that worked so well for the democrats in 1968.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Boosted_C5 posted:

LOL this was orchestrated if you can't see that then you obviously are illiterate and also have been living under a rock and have not seen this poo poo again and again before.

Orchestrated to make Trump look bad? Bigger idiots in the Trump campaign than I thought.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
LOL at all the liberals ITT confidently asserting that Cruz in fact benefits from tonight and is set up for 2020, as if you have ever walked a mike in a Republican's shoes or know how we will vote. You're the same ones who though I was wrong about Trump eventually becoming the nominee.

Cruz burned GOP voter bridges tonight. CRUZ SUPPORTERS are angry at him and have a new, negative opinion of him. Only his most loyal fanatics are hanging on.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/755976370753155074

Did you know he wasn't going to endorse or not?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Oh god these Weekend Update guys on msnbc are painfully unfunny.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

GrimGypsy posted:

Cruz only hurt himself if Trump manages to win.
When Trump loses, Cruz is going to point at this speech for the next 4 years.

LOL Trump supporters, how on earth does it feel to have your guy get dunked on by Ted loving Cruz at Trump's own convention?

Exactly. Trump isn't going to win, so Cruz can use this to destroy Scott Walker, Paul Ryan, etc. in the 2020 primary.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

geez nws that poo poo

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

PotatoManJack posted:

Giving the benefit of the doubt to the Trump campaign and assuming they knew Cruz was gonna sleaze-out, and they had the boos prepared in response...

What were they actually looking to accomplish? Are they creating an enemy that isn't Clinton? Are they trying to win Cruz delegates? Like, I don't see the upside.

Because Zodiac Killer became the Great Betrayer. Like Trotsky, he is the enemy within who can only be overcome through slavish devotion to the Great Leader. An excellent tool for cementing your dominance of the party.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
they should let hillary clinton speak at the RNC tomorrow night

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

*third night of GOP convention overshadowed by colossal own-goals committed by Trump and GOP*

Heh, you rubes failed to see it was all orchestrated according to plan! The narrative of a fractured party only makes me stronger! I'm not owned

im not owned

not owned

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

i mean Cruz got this so what's Trump planning for the Grand Debut

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Remember that Cruz still has strong support amongst the religious sections of the Republican party. This matters.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Lawrence O'Donnell reporting that the astronaut's written speech ended with an endorsement of Trump and she ignored it.

I hope she escapes the Red Hat vigilantes who are rounding up the traitors. She mostly seemed to want to promote space exploration.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Trump's aides are currently trying to pry his fingers off of a sink as he repeats the phrase "art of the deal" over and over into his own face

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Boosted_C5 posted:

LOL at all the liberals ITT confidently asserting that Cruz in fact benefits from tonight

Gonna go ahead and stop you right there, because this is just patently and hilariously untrue. We don't know, nor do we care, if Ted Cruz benefits. Personally, I don't care if the Earth opens up and swallows him because of what he did tonight.

What it will do is give the media a nice juicy bone to chew on for the next couple of days in the form of "Why didn't Cruz endorse Trump?" followed by "If Trump knew he wasn't going to endorse, why was he allowed on stage?"

Are you actually Paul Manafort IRL because you don't seem to understand what a "narrative" is

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

This is part of the facade. They have to pretend to be mad. Unfortunately for them they are hilariously inept and don't know how to maintain their narrative

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

FourLeaf posted:

Exactly. Trump isn't going to win, so Cruz can use this to destroy Scott Walker, Paul Ryan, etc. in the 2020 primary.

too bad Ted's getting filed under "not a team player" for this. he's dead the Sheldon Adelson now.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I wish Boosted were a Patriots fan because his theories about deflategate woulda been great

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

disjoe posted:

So this is just Trump/Manafort's destruction of their intraparty opponents? Savage.

Still a stupid idea. Manafort's still got Russian politics on the brain.
I allow myself one conspiracy theory, and it's that all this craziness is partly a result of the Kremlin monkeying around with U.S. politics.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Al! posted:

Trump's aides are currently trying to pry his fingers off of a sink as he repeats the phrase "art of the deal" over and over into his own face

donald trump walks onto the convention stage tomorrow night with kleenex box shoes, muttering about freemasons

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Boosted_C5 posted:

LOL at all the liberals ITT confidently asserting that Cruz in fact benefits from tonight and is set up for 2020, as if you have ever walked a mike in a Republican's shoes or know how we will vote. You're the same ones who though I was wrong about Trump eventually becoming the nominee.

Cruz burned GOP voter bridges tonight. CRUZ SUPPORTERS are angry at him and have a new, negative opinion of him. Only his most loyal fanatics are hanging on.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

So confirmation that Trump is so stupid he thought he tricked Cruz into getting brutally owned

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Ted Cruz was booed off the stage by Republicans, many of whom were his former voters who are now rallying around Trump and criticizing Cruz for not endorsing him.

These are facts. Facts that help Trump. A LOT of undecideds in the polls, and they're not all independents. Trump needs to shore up GOP support.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

these are not the faces of people watching a plan coming together

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Powered Descent posted:

Oh god these Weekend Update guys on msnbc are painfully unfunny.

They're terrible yeah

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

He should really try to do whatever he can to distract from that pizza bagel stapled to his chin, not highlight it like some ski school villain

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If Trump loses, Hillary's the incumbent President who Cruz would theoretically be running against, and in the primaries the other candidates can point to whatever hated policies she's implemented and say that Cruz didn't do anything to stop her when he had the chance. Standing on principle against Trump may have upside too, but there's definitely a risk to what he's doing beyond just people being angry right this second.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Boosted_C5 posted:

Ted Cruz was booed off the stage by Republicans, many of whom were his former voters who are now rallying around Trump and criticizing Cruz for not endorsing him.

These are facts. Facts that help Trump. A LOT of undecideds in the polls, and they're not all independents. Trump needs to shore up GOP support.

And you think that Ted Cruz suicide bombing him during the convention is going to make those non-Trump leaning Republicans go "Yeah, the GOP's got their poo poo together this year, boy!"?

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
wait did we ever figure out what the plan was

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zen death robot posted:

He never has been a team player though

its written in red sharpie, underlined twice now

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Everytime I turn on Fox News its just Hannity interviewing a Trump. Its funny how his show is just a post-show addendum for the Convention every night. No analysis, not even spin. Just another hour of Trump.

Hannity might be better at it than Trump and the RNC.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Is manafort dril?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

I hope she escapes the Red Hat vigilantes who are rounding up the traitors. She mostly seemed to want to promote space exploration.

I glad that a Ohio event featured both a astronaut and serial killer guest speaker

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Boosted_C5 posted:

Like 30-40% of Republicans prefer Cruz to Trump. Idiot.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

Dumbass, the point is that Trump is going to lose badly and then when the Republicans are wondering "why did we lose???" Cruz will be there to say how he stayed true to conservative principles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

too bad Ted's getting filed under "not a team player" for this. he's dead the Sheldon Adelson now.

he was already filed under that category!!! That's his whole schtick! Don't you get it? He really is the purest conservative of all after tonight (except maybe Kasich)

• Locked thread