Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I'll take you up on that, joining the migration from GGA to QGJ. I'm Gen Probe 195-175-362.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Dr. Venture posted:

QGJ has gone from 26 active people to 32. That's an improvement, but we could still use more.

Add 912-827-926 if you want an invite.

Do you mind fresh players who have only been around less than a week?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

AegisP posted:

Do you mind fresh players who have only been around less than a week?

You won't be able to participate in our raids with anyone less than 6*, but we definitely have room for you. As soon as you join make a gear request so we can help you out.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Dr. Venture posted:

You won't be able to participate in our raids with anyone less than 6*, but we definitely have room for you. As soon as you join make a gear request so we can help you out.

Ah cool, sweet.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So this may be old news and is certainly not incredibly useful to know but apparently Mod Table (not Mod Challenge) battles count as Hard Mode battles for the sake of today's guild activity.

Subpar Superhero
Nov 27, 2013

the hunger games

Dr. Venture posted:

QGJ has gone from 26 active people to 32. That's an improvement, but we could still use more.

Sent you a request, man. Name is twobert.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

So this may be old news and is certainly not incredibly useful to know but apparently Mod Table (not Mod Challenge) battles count as Hard Mode battles for the sake of today's guild activity.

This is also pretty important to know for Sunday nights. Challenge tables count for cantina (I think), but battle tables do not.

That said, once you have done a full clear of the battle tables, if you can also clear t3 health (or any other t3 challenge), you shouldn't be doing battles. Getting T1 and T2 mods is a waste of time (again, unless you are level 75ish or lower...then 3* mods are probably the best you can get, and from a cost perspective, I think you are better off just doing T1s). I don't know what the breaking point is for t3 challenges, but 75 seems about right if you have a good modded squad (T1s).

I think in order to complete most T3 challenges, you will want T5 mods equipped to the heroes running that challenge...so farm more T5 health mods than you need. Also, for non-arena squad heroes (and any mods less than T5 except maybe T1s), about half of the cost of a mod is leveling it from 12 to 15, maybe more. At level 12, you get about 4/5 of the total benefit from the primary stat, and the full benefit from secondary stats. The only thing you really miss out on is the max set bonus, and 2.5% hp (or 7.5 for 3) is frequently not worth 1.5+ million credits. For competitive arena, sure, max those out, but anyone else? Maybe not worth it for health set mods (because the goal is to replace these on at least your top 5).

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Mod challenges do not count as cantina battles for the daily, I checked.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
OK help me pad my research. If you don't mind please list the following.
1) arena power
2)gw highest team power you use
3)on a scale of 1 to "Oh gently caress off that was bullshit" how hard is your galactic war

Just got Lando to 7 stars any suggestions on who to farm from cantina next?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

xyigx posted:

1) arena power
3)on a scale of 1 to "Oh gently caress off that was bullshit" how hard is your galactic war

1) 39095
2) same as 1 when needed, usually lower
3) depends on into how many RG/Rey/QGJ/Phasma (lately also Anakin and Aayla) meta bullshit teams I happen to run. Generally I clear 1-5 with my B team (Nightsisters) 6 - 11 with my A team (Jedi). Nodes 9 and 11 (mainly 9 currently) are often frustrating and require suicide teams because even A team without protection is within 2shot territory (1 shot if Rey) Node 12 has been bugged for me for weeks now, thankfully.

xyigx posted:

Anakin.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

xyigx posted:

1) arena power

1) 36,364

2) 36,579

3) Post GW buff, I often found myself unable to finish the last node; even though I had never failed GW before. Node 11 would be tough, but node 12 was always worse. Higher level, better gear, and chromium characters. It didn't seem fair at all.

Then came mods, which exacerbated the problem. Not only were people hitting harder, but I was still struggling to mod out my A team. The crunch was incredible. I didn't have the credits or energy to mod out my B team, and throwing a B team without mods against node 11 or 12 is like throwing out level 1s, so I was effectively down to 1 team for GW. I remember the FIRST day mods came out; the last node already had a whale with a fully modded team. I came pretty close to quitting the game over this.

2 days ago I got RG to 7*. This is what pushed my arena power above 36k power, and now I have a bugged node 12 for all my GW runs. 3*, green geared, low level Clone Troopers. Life has been good ever since.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
If GGA is migrating, I'll take an invite. I'm lvl 73 and close to unlocking my first 7* character (IG-86) .

My in game name is Moral Hazard and my ally code is 297-786-683. Do I have to drop GGA for the invite code to work?

I play pretty much every day.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

xyigx posted:

1) arena power

1. 33,522
2. 33,522 since mods started, I used to run Lumi/Daka but I have had to replace them with my arena Phasma/RG because I dont have mods on them
3. Probably just under 'gently caress off that was bullshit'. GW was annoying pre-nerf, just right post-nerf, and then really loving obnoxious re-nerf. Mods have made it worse. My final node is usually a gear 10-11 team thats like 4-6k power above my A-team. I have barely beat it since mods came out.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

1) arena power

1) 38,396
2) Highest possible power is 39,079, but I think same as arena is best I've used for Arena
3) Really varies on team comp. I'll hit high power teams that are all F2P and it'll be winnable because I have TM and they don't. Or it will be some combination of P2W champs like Rex, Sun Fac, and B2, with top F2P heroes like QGJ, RG, Rey, etc., and it'll shitstomp the gently caress out of me. On the plus side, I have a very deep bench, so I haven't lost a GW...but I have gone through two full 7* level 80 G9+ teams to beat my "final" (11th) node.

e: IGD Raid in ~1 hour
Also, I think we do need to still have some damage guidelines. We're getting to where we can finish the raid way to fast, even with the recent tuning to mods, so definitely be mindful of that. I think we're up to about 5 P1ers now, so I'm going to suggest one of two things. 1) Split up damage more evenly in that phase, and then retreat, or 2) Take turns doing about half the damage one raid, then just doing minimal damage and waiting 12 hours to do any additional damage on the next raid. I'd be happy with either of these options. I guess the third option is that we get as many P1ers to do as much damage as possible at the same time, therefore giving us our damage and not bleeding over into other phases.
Also, please only attack in one of: P1, P2, and P3. Wait until 9PM Pacific (12 hours), and then you can attack again in P4.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 21, 2016

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

xyigx posted:

1) arena power

1) 21,720 / Rank 613 / HK(L),86,88,Poggle,Engi
2) Same as above, though I normally run the following 20,363 power team: Lumi(L),QGJ,Rey,Phasma,RG because heals.
3) About a 5. I auto play it until about the mid point and then have to pay attention. I sometimes get bogged down on the last or second to last fight depending and I bring out the droid team for those. I've missed out on finishing GW once in the past couple of months.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I've won gw every day since I changed my strategy.

I am running barriss, lum, daka, qgj, rey.

Auto through 1-4, then do 5 manually with only basic attacks so all cooldowns are up for 6. Auto 7, reset all cooldowns again in 8 for 9. Reset all cooldowns again in 10 for 11. Clear 12 if comedy node or focus down the DPS and then bring in B team to finish.

I retreat on the hard nodes and adjust so no one dies. Rey is essential.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

xyigx posted:

1) arena power

1) 28,941
2) 28,941
3) About a 5; maybe I've been lucky, but GW hasn't seemed all that much more difficult. I have to manual the last 3 nodes now, but that's about it.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Malgrin posted:

1) 38,396
2) Highest possible power is 39,079, but I think same as arena is best I've used for Arena
3) Really varies on team comp. I'll hit high power teams that are all F2P and it'll be winnable because I have TM and they don't. Or it will be some combination of P2W champs like Rex, Sun Fac, and B2, with top F2P heroes like QGJ, RG, Rey, etc., and it'll shitstomp the gently caress out of me. On the plus side, I have a very deep bench, so I haven't lost a GW...but I have gone through two full 7* level 80 G9+ teams to beat my "final" (11th) node.

e: IGD Raid in ~1 hour
Also, I think we do need to still have some damage guidelines. We're getting to where we can finish the raid way to fast, even with the recent tuning to mods, so definitely be mindful of that. I think we're up to about 5 P1ers now, so I'm going to suggest one of two things. 1) Split up damage more evenly in that phase, and then retreat, or 2) Take turns doing about half the damage one raid, then just doing minimal damage and waiting 12 hours to do any additional damage on the next raid. I'd be happy with either of these options. I guess the third option is that we get as many P1ers to do as much damage as possible at the same time, therefore giving us our damage and not bleeding over into other phases.
Also, please only attack in one of: P1, P2, and P3. Wait until 9PM Pacific (12 hours), and then you can attack again in P4.

For people who are just trying to get smacks in for a box I can walk in any time get like 20k dmg and be good yea?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Herux posted:

For people who are just trying to get smacks in for a box I can walk in any time get like 20k dmg and be good yea?

Yeah, not worried about anyone doing less than about 150k

e: Jawas are starting to look really strong. Normal Jawa still looks pretty weak, but both Dathcha's and Nebit's leaderships work for droids or Jawas on your team. There are only a couple abilities that work better with 5 Jawas...

Jawa Scavenger: Whenever a Jawa ally takes damage, 50% chance to place a Thermal Detonator on the attacking enemy that will explode after 2 turns. Whenever JS scores a critical hit, he gains stealth for 3 turns.

Dathcha: Dathcha gainst 4.5% crit chance for each living jawa ally. In addition he has +15% critical damage

Jawa: Jawa gains 6% evasion for each living Jawa ally, and gains 30% TM whenever he evades an attack

Also, JE has an ability that makes running one droid good
Jawa Engineer: Jawa Engineer revives a random droid ally at 1% health, and then all allies recover 30% of their max health.

I think that running Dathcha will be better for lead in the upcoming raid:

Dathcha: Whenever an ally damages a droid, they have an 80% chance to inflict Defense Down for 3 turns and a 25% chance to remove 25% TM

Chief Nebit: Jawa and Droid allies gain 30% Critical Chance and inflict critical chance down for 3 turns on a critical hit.

Both of these abilities are good, but defense down and -TM are probably better.

Also, basically every Jawa has abilities based on Jawa and Droid allies (except Jawa). However, I think running one droid is better than running basic Jawa. If you have B2, I think he'll be best in raid situations, but $$. That leaves HK, 88, and 86 as the top droid contenders (or GG, Mdemone). Given the use of Dathcha, I think 88 would be an excellent choice. Also, as the only droid there, 86 doesn't get much bonus crit chance, and his assist won't ever call a droid. When he's not lead, HK is really not that amazing.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 21, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
IGD P1ers
TwoStep has almost done 100% on P1. Please get in here and get some damage in!

Or anyone else. Just please only attack once in P1-P3, and hold off on your second attack until at least 9pm Pacific.

e: Congrats to Twostep, who just soloed T7 P1!

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 21, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Correction, was able to solo p1, am pretty happy about that!

Mal was still in there, at about the same spot I was with half the captain left and 8 turns til enrage, so we might have 2 solo p1s this time!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

Mal was still in there, at about the same spot I was with half the captain left and 8 turns til enrage, so we might have 2 solo p1s this time!

95.5%, 1.77 million damage.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

95.5%, 1.77 million damage.

So close! Swapping out someone else for your RG would probably have made the difference (or maybe just some better mods?)

Edit: Also, just saw this video from reddit of the new clone dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOALMBBYmQM

two_step fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 21, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

So close! Swapping out someone else for your RG would probably have made the difference (or maybe just some better mods?)

Well, just some better RNG too. I had things going pretty steadily, but then at turn 5, Teebo's stealth was removed with 4 turns left (one turn early), and then he didn't restealth until his stealth was back up. This lost me 2 turns, and then it happened again with 2 turns left. When you get a bad string of stealth like that, there's just nothing you can do.

Once I get Fives' potency up, I will probably replace RG and Phasma with Fives and Rey. As it is, the combination of stun and slow is just so good. If Phasma misses her slow, I've got a backup that works pretty well (and RG has some secondary potency stats, so that helps). I've tried swapping RG for Rey, and that just doesn't go very well. RG by himself also doesn't apply slow enough. Fives/Phasma works pretty well, but sometimes the guards get a taunt up and then Teebo has to attack them instead of the captain. With this run, I didn't take a single guard hit the whole time. They didn't get any taunts up. It was just a complete lockdown.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Dr. Venture posted:

Ok if GGA is dead I'll jump

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
How's QGJ looking at this point?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

People joining QGJ, add me if you want an Ewok Ally. I usually run either Chirpa or Teebo, and I'm slowly getting Chirpa up to seven stars.

599-982-819

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 22, 2016

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Malgrin posted:

How's QGJ looking at this point?

We are ate 46/50, with two more inactive members we could boot. Our last t6 had better participation numbers too. But still took 3 full resets.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Fenris13 posted:

We are ate 46/50, with two more inactive members we could boot. Our last t6 had better participation numbers too. But still took 3 full resets.

I'm at the point where I can nearly solo P1 (today I hit 95%) on T7. I would need to get someone to take over IGD, but if you guys want to take on T7 I could transfer over and get you guys started on Han shards.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

I'm at the point where I can nearly solo P1 (today I hit 95%) on T7. I would need to get someone to take over IGD, but if you guys want to take on T7 I could transfer over and get you guys started on Han shards.

I don't think we're quite there yet. We've really only got a handful of people who actually put up big numbers on T6 right now.

Personally I'm alright with QGJ being the casual guild while IGD plows through T7s.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

1) 39095
2) same as 1 when needed, usually lower
3) depends on into how many RG/Rey/QGJ/Phasma (lately also Anakin and Aayla) meta bullshit teams I happen to run. Generally I clear 1-5 with my B team (Nightsisters) 6 - 11 with my A team (Jedi). Nodes 9 and 11 (mainly 9 currently) are often frustrating and require suicide teams because even A team without protection is within 2shot territory (1 shot if Rey) Node 12 has been bugged for me for weeks now, thankfully.

Anakin.

Ouch 3 staring his node is killing me. There is always a random crit that just blows someone up lol.

Ok so if everything I have seen on here plus the two accounts I have been testing on(mine and tabs old account before it died). It looks like the absolute break point is about 39k GW team power that breaks the game and throws softballs on node 12. Arena power roughly 6k below you GW team gives a wider spread to the teams you will pull and fucks up their matchmaking resulting in some softball nodes. It appears the best way to deal with their GW matchmaking is by literally breaking it. I will keep working through the testing but it looks like there is some pattern to how to break the matchmaking in your favor.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

I don't think we're quite there yet. We've really only got a handful of people who actually put up big numbers on T6 right now.

Personally I'm alright with QGJ being the casual guild while IGD plows through T7s.

Gotcha. We have excessive damage on T7s now...let us know if you guys change your mind. We could probably drop two of our heaviest hitters and still not have any problems....

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Gotcha. We have excessive damage on T7s now...let us know if you guys change your mind. We could probably drop two of our heaviest hitters and still not have any problems....

We picked up new members to fill the gaps, but unfortunately they're not ready for T7. I think it'll be a while before we're back at full pre-mod strength. Also, I don't imagine anyone from IGD would be interested in placing #1-3 in QGJ since there are no Han Solo shards here. There's no incentive, and I don't blame them.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Malgrin posted:

e: Jawas are starting to look really strong. Normal Jawa still looks pretty weak, but both Dathcha's and Nebit's leaderships work for droids or Jawas on your team. There are only a couple abilities that work better with 5 Jawas...

Thanks for this effortpost I'm planning to work on my Jawas next. It's a pity they're only really useful against droids.

I have Jawa Engi and Datcha at 7* and recently unlocked the new guys. Really annoying that Jawa Scavenger is only 2* so I can't use him in the mod challenge just yet.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Dr. Venture posted:

Ally invite sent.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

Ally invite sent.

Got you. Drop and you're in.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
I have like 8 full 5pip health mod sets. and 1 1pip speed set/1pip crit set.

Should i give rey/leia the 5pip health sets with best offense mods I can find or is it better to give them speed/critchance/health?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I just run all 5 pip HP sets on my characters. It probably isn't perfect, but I can still place #1 in arena with it.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Dr. Venture posted:

I just run all 5 pip HP sets on my characters. It probably isn't perfect, but I can still place #1 in arena with it.

Same. Very few whales have perfect crit or speed 5* mods I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Herux posted:

I have like 8 full 5pip health mod sets. and 1 1pip speed set/1pip crit set.

Should i give rey/leia the 5pip health sets with best offense mods I can find or is it better to give them speed/critchance/health?

Until you can equip 5pip speed/critchance/etc set mods, use health mods that match what you want on your heroes. Once you get the right set ones for the heroes you want, you can unequip these at ~5k per, and put them on your GW or raid squads.

General recommendations (laid out like square, arrow, diamond, triangle, circle, plus)

High DPS (Rey, GS, Leia, etc.): Offense, Speed, Defense, Offense, Protection, Offense.

Tank: Offense, Protection, Defense, Protection, Protection, Protection.

Support (Phasma): Offense, Speed, Defense, Protection, Protection, Protection

Healer (not lumi, probably see dps for her): Offense, Speed, Defense, Health, Health, Health.

Potency: Offense, Speed, Defense, (probably one of Prot, Off, Crit%), Protection, Potency