Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

(it's basically to sell a tshirt and mug)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
That is incredibly embarrassing to read. Are they really using half a trump slogan by saying they should take a stand and make gaming great (again)? All I really know about The Escapist aside from how hard it banks on Zero Punctuation to continue existing is that the forums are full of people who literally think "Ideas Guy" is paid position and that they would all be the best at it.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Chomp8645 posted:

Never doxx.

Hey, I'm not talking the full on cyber detective poo poo that some do. I'll just do a quick Google or FB search of their full name to see if they turn up. The way I see it, if you heard someone down the pub talking about raping or killing people they work with you wouldn't let it lie, so why should Twitter be any different?

And I'm not even saying 'hey, this is wrong', I'll leave that up to whomever to decide.

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 07:14 on Jul 21, 2016

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Karma Monkey posted:

Nah you're going in the wrong direction. Don't pick on kids for their lovely parents. Lecture the parents of the lovely people.

I was joking, I don't actually think it's ok to stalk and lecture strange children

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

EvilGenius posted:

Hey, I'm not talking the full on cyber detective poo poo that some do. I'll just do a quick Google or FB search of their full name to see if they turn up. The way I see it, if you heard someone down the pub talking about raping or killing people they work with you wouldn't let it lie, so why should Twitter be any different?

And I'm not even saying 'hey, this is wrong', I'll leave that up to whomever to decide.

You are doxxing.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
It doesn't matter how poo poo someone is, if they're not doing anything illegal please don't go internet detective on them. It's incredibly creepy for everyone.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

An incredibly nihilistic bee fan.

I can't help but feel that this is more like "it doesn't matter how small you are", but the wording is off for that.

Ularg posted:

It doesn't matter how poo poo someone is, if they're not doing anything illegal please don't go internet detective on them. It's incredibly creepy for everyone.

This. Even harmless "I googled you and this embarrassing thing came up" is pretty creepy by anyone other than a close friend or something.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

quote:

treebones100
MY PRESIDENT COULD BEAT UP YOUR PRESIDENT

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Nuebot posted:

That is incredibly embarrassing to read. Are they really using half a trump slogan by saying they should take a stand and make gaming great (again)? All I really know about The Escapist aside from how hard it banks on Zero Punctuation to continue existing is that the forums are full of people who literally think "Ideas Guy" is paid position and that they would all be the best at it.

They bet the farm on Gamergate, fired all their mainstays except Yahtzee, and hired on a bunch of GG-approved writers and commentators. It would appear that they are doubling down hard on people that fiercely vigilant of the Gamer identity.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

They bet the farm on Gamergate, fired all their mainstays except Yahtzee, and hired on a bunch of GG-approved writers and commentators. It would appear that they are doubling down hard on people that fiercely vigilant of the Gamer identity.

But they wrap it up in the same pretentious twaddle they always produced, as well as a bunch of "truth is in the middle" bullshit. Saw an article that says "mansplaining" is just as bad as "feminazi" or "cuntsplaining"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Plom Bar posted:

fired all their mainstays except Yahtzee,

I imagine this is because Yahtzee was the only one smart enough not to get involved in the twitter poo poo flinging.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
I was once accussed of rape. I was halfway across the world at the time.

All women do that sort of malicious poo poo to black people, like they did me.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Pre-emptive "dont response to FAROOQ" message here

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Pre-emptive "dont response to FAROOQ" message here

Is he a gimmick account? I'm trying to keep track.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
I won the primary. Wait...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is he a gimmick account? I'm trying to keep track.

He's Lottery of Babylon without the goon upvotes.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Could male suicide be much higher simply because men "feel" more than women?

Just a thought I had. Might nature have stripped women of their ability to "feel" (e.g. love, remorse) as much as men do so they are less likely to be driven to suicide? As we know, if the female population dwindles, so does the rate of reproduction for the species, which isn't good from an evolutionary standpoint. So women's lack of ability to have genuine feelings (that might drive them to suicide) is a survival mechanism.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Could male suicide be much higher simply because men "feel" more than women?

Just a thought I had. Might nature have stripped women of their ability to "feel" (e.g. love, remorse) as much as men do so they are less likely to be driven to suicide? As we know, if the female population dwindles, so does the rate of reproduction for the species, which isn't good from an evolutionary standpoint. So women's lack of ability to have genuine feelings (that might drive them to suicide) is a survival mechanism.

It's hilarious to me that MRAs zero in on the fact that a higher percentage of men complete suicide while remaining oblivious to the coinciding fact that a higher percentage of women attempt suicide. "No genuine feelings" indeed.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

It's hilarious to me that MRAs zero in on the fact that a higher percentage of men complete suicide while remaining oblivious to the coinciding fact that a higher percentage of women attempt suicide. "No genuine feelings" indeed.

This is largely down to choice of methods isn't it? Men tend to jump off buildings or shoot themselves, which leaves less room for changing your mind than pills.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Plom Bar posted:

Presented with that fact they would only argue that it means women only attempt suicide for attention.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Strom Cuzewon posted:

This is largely down to choice of methods isn't it? Men tend to jump off buildings or shoot themselves, which leaves less room for changing your mind than pills.

Yup. But IIRC, these studies are based on mostly Western suicides, and women in East Asia are most likely to jump to their deaths, meaning that they succeed more often.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

You shouldn't doxx GGers, and you also shouldn't be a GGer. Fair deal?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The only reason Aatrek was banned was because he was doxxed

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It is possible to dislike pedophilia while also speaking out against doxxing.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Doxxing isn't good but sometimes it's great. Like when people found the sick moderator on Reddit that posted pictures of beat up women.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Mu Zeta posted:

Doxxing isn't good but sometimes it's great. Like when people found the sick moderator on Reddit that posted pictures of beat up women.

Also that time twitter got that nintendo lady fired.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If the right people are victims, bad things are actually good. :)

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

FAROOQ posted:

Also that time twitter got that nintendo lady fired.

I think twitter played a role in that. The solution is to not use Twitter.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

poptart_fairy posted:

gators are not people.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

poptart_fairy posted:

Hell yeah

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Of course. They're Crocodilia.

Idiot.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

quote:

+Swiss Army Cheese You're misunderstanding me, as I clearly stated previously: " I have nothing against homosexuals, but faggots are annoying as gently caress.". It is not about being gay, it's about being an annoying gently caress about being gay. I even said that this applies to heterosexuals as well.

This is the same regarding black people, there's a difference between a friend of the family and a black man.

To suggest that I have claimed that every single black person is a friend of the family and that every homosexual is a human being is false and a straw man and to suggest that niggers and faggots don't exist is also utterly ignorant. There are a significant amount of homosexuals in the western world who pride themselves on their gayness and there are even more black people who pride themselves on being niggers. It doesn't take long to see these people if you take a walk in "the hood" for an afternoon. These people are not a tiny minority of the black community, they extremely common.

I am not inherently intolerant of black people or homosexuals, I am inherently intolerant of a certain subculture of these groups and to say that this has no correlation to either sexual orientation or race is ridiculous and to claim that this view is racist and/or homophobic is even more ridiculous.

Why in God's name did I delve into youtube comments. Why am I still arguing. What the gently caress is wrong with me? :negative:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Plom Bar posted:

Strom Cuzewon posted:

But they wrap it up in the same pretentious twaddle they always produced, as well as a bunch of "truth is in the middle" bullshit. Saw an article that says "mansplaining" is just as bad as "feminazi" or "cuntsplaining"

Wow. Apart from ZP I haven't touched The Escapist ever since they drove out Extra Credits and (to a lesser and increasingly greater extent) Jim Sterling. They really are the luckiest bastards in the business to have snatched Yahtzee up that fast, considering he could easily pull down 20 grand a month on Patreon.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

poptart_fairy posted:

Yes, actually.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I believe the term you're looking for is "cuntfusing".

:notchsay:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

unwantedplatypus posted:

Why in God's name did I delve into youtube comments. Why am I still arguing. What the gently caress is wrong with me? :negative:

And that guy right there is why Chris Rock stopped doing that bit. Also as far as I can tell the whole "if you're annoying you're a human being, not gay" thing comes from a Louis CK bit that goes on way too long and people love using to justify their own bigotry.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nuebot posted:

And that guy right there is why Chris Rock stopped doing that bit. Also as far as I can tell the whole "if you're annoying you're a human being, not gay" thing comes from a Louis CK bit that goes on way too long and people love using to justify their own bigotry.

South Park also had a similar bit. Louis CK definitely wrestles with whether his bit was a good idea if that Louie vignette about it is any indication.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nuebot posted:

I'm pretty sure Louis CK stopped doing the human being bit too.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If doxxing is looking into someone's actions to see if they have done something wrong, then the police and lawyers doxx everyday.

Makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yes, we are the true Police Lawyers.