Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Saint Freak posted:

Wait her name is Cindy? I thought the whole point was that her name was CIDney

I believe her japanese name is Cidney

Yup

Cindy Aurum (Jp:Cidney Aurum)

Edit: Beaten

It's just swapping two letters. Eh. Who cares? We've had characters entirely swap names before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Should've called her Mid.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lunafreya's Japanese name is Lunafrena :eng101:

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Cidney is a stupid name.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

TommyGun85 posted:

Cidney is a stupid name.

It's.....final fantasy?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FdGg3KKIcE

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Waiting for the PC version to mod her name back to the correct Cidney.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cidney > cindy

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

TommyGun85 posted:

Cidney is a stupid name.

Entirely unlike Noctis and Gladius and Raviolo and the other guy

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Calaveron posted:

Entirely unlike Noctis and Gladius and Raviolo and the other guy

Noctis means night or something in Latin and Gladius is the name of a sword?

Raviolo is the best name ever.

I will be renaming Noctis to Fetucinno and Gladius to Gnochhio

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Cidney is latin for "now I can finally lust after a Cid without being gay"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Noctis Lucis Caelum
Gladiolus Amicitia
Ignis Scientia
Prompto Argentum
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Regis Lucis Caelum CXIII
Iedolas Aldercapt
Ardyn Izunia
Ravus Nox Fleuret

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The series has named at least two separate people Cidolfus, a name I'm pretty sure doesn't exist anywhere, so I"m not sure why they would change Cidney.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

To be fair both Cidolfuses (Cidolfi?) are from the same setting.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Good music :hai:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKJ_Ni4d5EE

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, it is gonna be so fuckin' sad when nobody likes FFXV.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm going to like it

I don't care what anyone says

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The not-stage presentation gameplay they showed later at E3 made the combat look pretty fun and nice :shobon:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Too bad it's apparently a Gamestop preorder bonus.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm sure the combat will be pretty fun. I'm more thinking "man, they're putting a lot of time and attention into Royal Dad who is gonna die 3 minutes into the game."

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hey now, he gets a movie.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

To be fair both Cidolfuses (Cidolfi?) are from the same setting.

FFXII even gave us a pair of Cids just in case one wasn't enough. There's Cidolfus the evil Cid and Al-Cid the good guy Cid with the sweet shades.

It looks like Cidney isn't even the "main" Cid of FFXV, either: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cid_Sophiar Though I'm not sure why they renamed her to Cindy when they could've just gone Sidney if they were afraid people wouldn't "get" the Cidney spelling.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 21, 2016

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

TommyGun85 posted:

Cidney is a stupid name.

Cidney is a real name, but doesn't sound like a real name, which automatically makes it more qualified to be in a Final Fantasy game than Cindy, which is both a real name and sounds like it.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Is there a reason why that side game is getting launched at the same time as the main game? It'd make sense if it was before to kind of hype things up, but simultaneous release sounds weird and potentially cannibalizing (mostly to the side game, and not that the side games's sales are probably going to hurt SE that much).

But hey I'm not complaining, art looks cool and seems like an okay beatem up.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The side game is a short pre-order bonus with Gamestop.

e: Or it might be available for purchase but free if you preorder? They're not exactly clear on that.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

CottonWolf posted:

Cidney is a real name, but doesn't sound like a real name, which automatically makes it more qualified to be in a Final Fantasy game than Cindy, which is both a real name and sounds like it.

Cidney sounds like a real name, just one that is much more normally spelled "Sidney".

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

ulmont posted:

Cidney sounds like a real name, just one that is much more normally spelled "Sidney".

Ah, I knew a Cidney as a child. I've never met any Sidneys. Maybe it's a different countries use different spellings thing.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

Terper posted:

Hey now, he gets a movie.

Apparently that movie was actually pretty good.

Also...

SE must really love the FF3 world map theme.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

CottonWolf posted:

Ah, I knew a Cidney as a child. I've never met any Sidneys. Maybe it's a different countries use different spellings thing.

I've seen one spelled Cydney, for what little that's worth.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
As lovely as FF3 is, its soundtrack is pretty top-notch.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
FF3 has the best World Map theme and what the gently caress is World of Final Fantasy. It looks like a game struggling to come up with a reason to exist.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Collecting monsters and shoving them in a big stack on your head is rad, actually.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mega64 posted:

FF3 has the best World Map theme and what the gently caress is World of Final Fantasy. It looks like a game struggling to come up with a reason to exist.

I hope one day people stop buying this nostalgia strip mining stuff and Square actually have to start making new IPs and characters more than once a decade again.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

multijoe posted:

I hope one day people stop buying this nostalgia strip mining stuff and Square actually have to start making new IPs and characters more than once a decade again.

There is I Am Setsuna, which is a new IP that tries really, really hard to make you think it's Chrono Trigger.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Collecting monsters and shoving them in a big stack on your head is rad, actually.

It's probably a pretty good game so I'm not going to talk too much poo poo about it, but I don't really get the reason this game exists. But if it's good that's reason enough, right?

Doubt I'll touch it anyway since it gives me major KH vibes and I'm happy staying the hell away from that series, plus it's PS4/Vita only.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
it exists to be a handheld game, but then they decided to port it to ps4 because that's really really easy to do with vita games so why not

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

The localizers are absolute maniacs

Mega64
May 23, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

it exists to be a handheld game, but then they decided to port it to ps4 because that's really really easy to do with vita games so why not

Didn't realize it was handheld first, that explains a good bit (other then why they're still making games for a dead platform but whatever).

Where's the next Theatrhythm game? Curtain Call was great and the DLC was clearly prepping for a game encompassing all of SE's franchises. Hell, I'm surprised they haven't pushed the drat thing on mobile after the first game's port, just needs a bit of tweaking to work better with fingers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The next Theatrhythm is a Dragon Quest game and I thought it was supposed to come out this year at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mega64 posted:

Didn't realize it was handheld first, that explains a good bit (other then why they're still making games for a dead platform but whatever).

Where's the next Theatrhythm game? Curtain Call was great and the DLC was clearly prepping for a game encompassing all of SE's franchises. Hell, I'm surprised they haven't pushed the drat thing on mobile after the first game's port, just needs a bit of tweaking to work better with fingers.

its sort of a dead platform, but their dragon quest minecraft thing sold really well on vita. the easy porting means that you can make a vita game and have a console port for fallback, especially for selling it in the west where the vita is much less popular