Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Of course the Dark Horse linewide sale going on right now is only single issues, this is going to take me forever.

I got out for under 120. I picked up the last five issues of Hellboy in Hell, all the Hellboy and the BPRD and BPRD and BPRD 19XX and Lobster Johnson stuff.

The fact that so many Hellboy books aren't numbered in order but are numbered by mini makes it really hard to make sure you're getting everything and not buying repeats. Last year I bought all the Hellboy proper books and not picking up the BPRD stuff was pretty much the only time I regretted NOT dropping a huge chunk of change on comics, so I'm glad I'm able to rectify that mistake.

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
There's a DC BOGO sale in Comixology, until 7/24.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Booya! Time to spend all money!

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
It's only selected trades, but the selection is pretty large.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It isn't everything? :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

JoshTheStampede posted:

It's only selected trades, but the selection is pretty large.

It looks to be with everything, but I do not think the stuff released yesterday is included.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Huh, yeah the fine print says select titles only but I just tested it and it seems to work with everything.

pastis
Aug 1, 2004

Ouzo is for louzos
How does the Comixology interaction with Kindle work these days? I have some gift cards from Amazon sitting around and I've read that buying digital comics on Amazon labeled "Kindle and Comixology" will make them work magically on the iOS Comixology app. Is that right?

Also today is an expensive day between the DC and Image sales.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

pastis posted:

How does the Comixology interaction with Kindle work these days? I have some gift cards from Amazon sitting around and I've read that buying digital comics on Amazon labeled "Kindle and Comixology" will make them work magically on the iOS Comixology app. Is that right?

Also today is an expensive day between the DC and Image sales.

Amazon owns comixology

pastis
Aug 1, 2004

Ouzo is for louzos
Let me rephrase-- do I have to do anything for the Amazon-purchased books to show up in the iOS Comixology app now?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

pastis posted:

Let me rephrase-- do I have to do anything for the Amazon-purchased books to show up in the iOS Comixology app now?

Pretty sure if your amazon account is attached to comixology it will show up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

pastis posted:

I think you can use Amazon gift cards on comixology.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

pastis posted:

You have to enter your Amazon account login on the settings page of comixology. They should sync after that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So does anyone know if the Google books app reads cbr/z files that aren't purchased through their store? Kinda want to give that bubble zoom thing a try.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't think Google sells CBR/Z files (I would assume the comics they sell are PDF or a proprietary format), but in any case, no, the Google Play Books app does not read user-added ones.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Endless Mike posted:

I don't think Google sells CBR/Z files (I would assume the comics they sell are PDF or a proprietary format), but in any case, no, the Google Play Books app does not read user-added ones.

Bummer. Oh well, thanks.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I really hope Comixology rips off bubble zoom.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Teenage Fansub posted:

Go to Image. Rick Remender's comics Low, Black Science and Deadly Class

Thank you so much for this recommendation. I think this guy is my new favorite writer in comics.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
#YourImage SDCC Sale

If you don't see something, check the "T's" for "The".

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm looking at Black Magic vol 1 and Descender vol 2. I enjoyed descender's first volume and black magick seems to have some really good art so I guess my question is are these books good?

Not sure what else to grab. I can maybe finish off whatever I'm missing from Rat Queens but I hear that book's steadily gone downhill.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm looking at Black Magic vol 1 and Descender vol 2. I enjoyed descender's first volume and black magick seems to have some really good art so I guess my question is are these books good?

Not sure what else to grab. I can maybe finish off whatever I'm missing from Rat Queens but I hear that book's steadily gone downhill.

It definitely has. Since Roc Upchurch got fired the art has been inconsistent and the story has meandered and lost all momentum. Like Saga, the character interactions are still fun but there's basically no plot movement.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Of the newer series from Image, I'm enjoying Paper Girls and I Hate Fairyland.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Descender is still really good. Sometimes I get the feeling from issue to issue of, "I wish this was a giant omnibus so I could inhale the story in one sitting," but that's the cost of being current.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Black Magick is really good but it's going to sit incomplete indefinitely, so you might want to hold off on it.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
DC comics BOGOF ends tomorrow: https://www.comixology.co.uk/DC-Buy-One-Get-One-Sale/page/11527?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

What's good, particularly the event stuff. I already got 52 but I'm a newish reader as far as DC goes because I got into comics through the MCU so tend to stick to them though I've been reading Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn and got the Rebirth #1s of Hellblazer and Batgirl & The Birds of Prey.

Side note: I'm in a wheelchair so I'm kind of into the "idea" of Oracle, is there anything on Comixology that's good with her in it?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Anime_Otaku posted:

DC comics BOGOF ends tomorrow: https://www.comixology.co.uk/DC-Buy-One-Get-One-Sale/page/11527?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

What's good, particularly the event stuff. I already got 52 but I'm a newish reader as far as DC goes because I got into comics through the MCU so tend to stick to them though I've been reading Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn and got the Rebirth #1s of Hellblazer and Batgirl & The Birds of Prey.

Side note: I'm in a wheelchair so I'm kind of into the "idea" of Oracle, is there anything on Comixology that's good with her in it?

You have the weekly 52 series?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I got the first one (I think, one plot line was Renee Montoya working with The Question) as trades probably in a similar sale.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Anime_Otaku posted:

I got the first one (I think, one plot line was Renee Montoya working with The Question) as trades probably in a similar sale.

Well if you are looking for events. Crisis on infinite earths and kingdom Come are both good.

52 was the follow up to infinite Crisis and the lead ins and minis to that event. If you liked 52 you might like those. The Booster Gold series was the successor to 52 and is a good series.

If you like suicide squad there is the 80s/90s series that is supposed to be good. I just bought half of it myself. You could also check out secret six which is a good villian team.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

They fixed DCBOGO, it's whatever's featured now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Anime_Otaku posted:

The 80s version of Suicide Squad and the late 90s/2000s pre-reboot Birds of Prey are where you wanna go for Oracle.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

hup posted:

They fixed DCBOGO, it's whatever's featured now.

Seems to be working on non-featured singles for me. Are you sure whatever you were trying to use it for met the cutoff date and other fine print requirements?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

The DC coupon works on seemingly everything that isn't new, I bogo'd classic Lucifer, Swamp Thing (both Moore and Soule), and the most recent classic Hellblazer trades. Did it in 3 separate orders to ensure most advantageous use of the coupon, too, although Comixology seemed pretty good on pairing like-priced items for the discount.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Whoops, that'd be it I bet. How old do singles have to be? So much for catching up on rebirth

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

hup posted:

Whoops, that'd be it I bet. How old do singles have to be? So much for catching up on rebirth

head58
Apr 1, 2013

e: Never mind. Figured out the problem.

head58 fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 24, 2016

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Superior Foes of Spider-Man is on sale! (Also Zeb Wells' Carnage series)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Get some damned Dragon Balls.

https://www.comixology.com/Dragon-Ball-Sale/page/11626?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

26 volumes for the whole of DBZ actually sounds pretty fun.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

26 volumes for the whole of DBZ actually sounds pretty fun.
Having read through the entire series on the Viz app, they're both really fun in their own ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
There's a Star Trek sale on comixology right now until August 7th. Any that anyone would suggest? Is the ongoing any good? I liked Leonard McCoy: Frontier Doctor a lot myself, and I've heard good things about the Green Lantern crossover.