Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PJOmega
May 5, 2009
So, um, Maca Leaf. Didn't know I'd need them for a quest, now I have no idea where they are to be found. Any words o wisdom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

PJOmega posted:

So, um, Maca Leaf. Didn't know I'd need them for a quest, now I have no idea where they are to be found. Any words o wisdom?

Don't bother going out of your way for that sidequest. Quests don't time out and Maca Leafs become a lot more frequent in later chapters. The rewards garbage so no need to rush it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just managed to play like 5 hours straight while only advancing the main story by ten minutes or so, and can probably do another 2-3 hours without advancing the plot, easy. More if I clear out the next tier of the arena.

The chapter 4-5 intermission has a ton of sidequests right before you get the ability to break extra-touch walls, is what I'm saying.

e: also all this talk about effective skills is pretty strange to me because you can just swap party members at any time for no cost. If Touma can't hit an enemy's weakness, you don't need horseslayer because you can just switch him out. I switch like a madman in any even moderately challenging fight as I swap around buffers, debuffers, healers, attackers, and supertank Mamori so I always have what I need.

ee: I guess only one person actually even mentioned them

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jul 19, 2016

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Kashuno posted:

Does Itsuki ever get a good outfit

Two, but you have to beat the game!

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

SylvainMustach posted:

Just got back to playing after clearing some other things from my back catalog.

Beat chapter four and was wondering if you ever get Tsubasa' sneezing detective costume?

I don't know if that's spoiler worthy or not but I figured I'd play it safe.

It gets a unique session animation! It's great :D

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

cheetah7071 posted:

e: also all this talk about effective skills is pretty strange to me because you can just swap party members at any time for no cost. If Touma can't hit an enemy's weakness, you don't need horseslayer because you can just switch him out. I switch like a madman in any even moderately challenging fight as I swap around buffers, debuffers, healers, attackers, and supertank Mamori so I always have what I need.
Switch sure, but why not have the best moves anyways?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
As someone who loved the absolute poo poo out of Persona 4 and the earlier FE games, is it worth buying a Wii U just for this (and possibly Bayonetta)?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SweetBro posted:

As someone who loved the absolute poo poo out of Persona 4 and the earlier FE games, is it worth buying a Wii U just for this (and possibly Bayonetta)?

Yep

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i wouldnt buy a wii u for one game but luckily it has lots

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

SweetBro posted:

If you liked the Fire Emblems between Marth's games and Awakening probably not on that side, since all the characters who matter are entirely from those.

Persona 4 though, probably a safe bet, although it's more a straight-up RPG from what I've heard.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

SweetBro posted:

Its more like digital devil saga than persona, aesthetic aside. It's real good either way IMO.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

SweetBro posted:

Don't buy a console for only one (or two) games.

You buy a console for a bunch of cool and fun games. Which the Wii U has. So yes, buy one.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.

We've got numbers! http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/heres-how-many-units-tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-sold-in-the-us/ They...aren't amazing. Better than Japan (not that they released digital numbers there and no one buys physical) at least.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It also doesn't count sales in places that aren't the US

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

minusX posted:

We've got numbers! http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/heres-how-many-units-tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-sold-in-the-us/ They...aren't amazing. Better than Japan (not that they released digital numbers there and no one buys physical) at least.

Looks to be about expected. This was definitely a niche game on a system with a small userbase. A great game but little surprise.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I wonder how well it would have done if it had been on PC? Don't the Nep games sell loads on Steam?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah but they're also like $20 and often go on sale for much less

Also 'loads' is relative

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah but they're also like $20 and often go on sale for much less

Also 'loads' is relative

I don't really have numbers or anything, just going off something I heard/read in passing. I just want really solid little games like this to do well.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Levantine posted:

I wonder how well it would have done if it had been on PC? Don't the Nep games sell loads on Steam?

You're hoping for a nintendo 1st/2nd party game to be on steam, first off.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Tae posted:

You're hoping for a nintendo 1st/2nd party game to be on steam, first off.

No, it was more a rhetorical question like "in a fictional world I wonder how it would have done under those conditions". Nintendo will probably never move in that direction unless they are in some serious trouble, and even then.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Terper posted:

That's because they're both modern takes on a traditional Japanese-folk music. I'm sure you notice that "1, 12, 123456" structure in both songs. That structure and the vocal rhythmic patterns are used in a style that is uncommon to western music, so you end up comparing them.

Oh okay. I mean, they're still wearing similar outfits to Marie and Callie, but I didn't know that about the musical structure, so that's cool!

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
... Wait what other games are on the Wii U that I can't get on my PC or PS4? As someone not particularly intereted by the classic Nintendo line-up (Mario/Zelda/etc.), the only thing kind of grabs my interest besides Bayonetta and Tokyo Mirage is smash, and honestly I probably won't bother picking that up since I've grown bored of the smash games.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Xenoblade Chronicles X, even if you don't like Ninty games (?????) Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Wonderful 101

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

SweetBro posted:

... Wait what other games are on the Wii U that I can't get on my PC or PS4? As someone not particularly intereted by the classic Nintendo line-up (Mario/Zelda/etc.), the only thing kind of grabs my interest besides Bayonetta and Tokyo Mirage is smash, and honestly I probably won't bother picking that up since I've grown bored of the smash games.

Why would you get bored of a game that has Mega Man, Cloud Strife, Bayonetta, and Duck Hunt all in one game?

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Kashuno posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles X

this

also Splatoon

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You have all of like 36 hours to get Splatoon before the final Splatfest though so better get in there quick.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I really wish that skills didn't get overwritten, and instead they were banked and you can only activate 8 at a time. It's really sapping my enjoyment.

The amount of grinding for skills, especially +1's is way too much to have to do it again. I've for all these buffs/debuff clogging up my selections that haven't been necessary yet, but because this isn't my first rodeo I know I'll eventually need.

Game is great other than that, it oozes style and the combat is fun even though it's a little level dependant.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

I really wish that skills didn't get overwritten, and instead they were banked and you can only activate 8 at a time. It's really sapping my enjoyment.

The amount of grinding for skills, especially +1's is way too much to have to do it again. I've for all these buffs/debuff clogging up my selections that haven't been necessary yet, but because this isn't my first rodeo I know I'll eventually need.

Game is great other than that, it oozes style and the combat is fun even though it's a little level dependant.

You can get them again really easily if you plan out what weapon has it early enough. Also it's better than having to merge shadows and hope for the best. I got the collector's which came with all the DLC so I haven't really factored that grind in (Skillbooks are cool).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hackan Slash posted:

Tbh it's hard to gently caress up. If it looks good take it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skills are not worth stressing out about. most skills are very easy to get back and + bonuses are extremely minor or even basically worthless. (-1 magic cost! Hooray! That would matter if running out of MP literally ever happened.)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ImpAtom posted:

Skills are not worth stressing out about. most skills are very easy to get back and + bonuses are extremely minor or even basically worthless. (-1 magic cost! Hooray! That would matter if running out of MP literally ever happened.)

Sometimes Itsuki runs out of MP if I stay in a dungeon for an extremely long time

Also, games really shouldn't ship with bosses that are guaranteed to lag the game. When a boss reduces the WiiU to a sputtering mess, you should really rethink it before shipping (especially because in this case they could have eliminated the lag without changing any models just by not having the boss clone itself).

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Man, why does Great Lord suck so much, compared to the alternative?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

BillmasterCozb posted:

Man, why does Great Lord suck so much, compared to the alternative?

Great Lord is good if you're relying on Maziodyne as your damage dealer, but Conqueror is so much better for a Slayer-skill build.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

minusX posted:

You can get them again really easily if you plan out what weapon has it early enough. Also it's better than having to merge shadows and hope for the best. I got the collector's which came with all the DLC so I haven't really factored that grind in (Skillbooks are cool).

Yeah, it's much better than the previous skill inheritance system of "pray"

I think the fact they're so close to a good system is my issue.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they've let you just choose which skills to inherit with some limitations for the last couple smt games though

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Once you make a master class's carnage once can you upgrade them after you switch to the other class?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

PJOmega posted:

Once you make a master class's carnage once can you upgrade them after you switch to the other class?

Yes, switching classes just unlocks the fusion. You can make/use them forever, regardless of class.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

they've let you just choose which skills to inherit with some limitations for the last couple smt games though

That doesn't make my enduring memory of P3 trying to make a Loki that drains/nulls everything any less vivid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Levantine posted:

Yes, switching classes just unlocks the fusion. You can make/use them forever, regardless of class.

So other than the carnage unlocks and the stat changes is there any difference between the two?

• Locked thread