Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Tempest_56 posted:

Kill them all. They can't call the cops if they're dead, and the cleaner cost is insignificant. (Cheeto's comments are also correct, but seriously, shoot them. It's easier, more reliable and the penalties are insignificant.)

Having to listen to Bain bitch every time you cap a civilian is penalty enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
lol if you don't shoot every civvie on the map

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Tempest_56 posted:

Kill them all. They can't call the cops if they're dead, and the cleaner cost is insignificant. (Cheeto's comments are also correct, but seriously, shoot them. It's easier, more reliable and the penalties are insignificant.)

Most of the time I fire into the air to get them down and then shoot them so I don't have to keep scaring them into submission. It's a lot easier than chasing down alerted civilians with a fartgun.

Other Cheeto solo stealth tips: bring a silenced shotgun, it will help you fling bodies into dark corners and save you bodybags if you do it properly. The ones I recommend (judge, breaker) have pretty high damage and keep them from firing their guns on the way out. If you need the guard to fall where he stands instead of getting flung backwards use your shuriken or primary or melee. If you want to fling a guard in a different direction, shout him down and then get in position to fling in the desired direction.

It's less important to save bodybags now that everyone can bring them and ECMs but it's always fun to fling corpses.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

BillmasterCozb posted:

lol if you don't shoot every civvie on the map

why stoop to the cops' level

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jim DiGriz posted:

you're not funny

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

BillmasterCozb posted:

you're not funny

:wrong:

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

BillmasterCozb posted:

you're not funny

from Europe this war on civilians doesn't seem to be either.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

I think with both so viable and close in stats, Infiltrator vs. Anarchist even for the types of specialized builds being discussed is mostly gonna come down to which way you want your armor to work. I would play anarchist even if they otherwise nerfed the poo poo out of it just because being immune to suppression with timed partial regen appeals to me more as a mechanic than the normal suppression/full regen of other perk decks. Particularly combined with bullseye and a heavy automatic weapon like a LMG, that whole "immunity to suppression" thing means I might as well just stand out here and keep shooting fools. I will grant this comes with the downside of if the poo poo really hits the fan, "my team needs me right now and my armor's down!" I can't be "back in" nearly as fast as an infiltrator, but considering I can definitely stay in the line of fire for longer due to the suppression immunity and constant regen, I feel it's an ok tradeoff.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
fine im going to name my thanatos "harambe's bain" (pun intended) and only shoot dozers with it

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Jim DiGriz posted:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

:drat:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Lately I feel bad for using that image for obvious reasons but it's just so good.

Also in Payday related posts: Are there any heists where you get cash stacks, gold bricks, and cocaine? I had a really weird dream where I was slinging bags of all three around in an underground vault and now I can't quite recall if any mission has all three baggable loot items at once.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Capn Beeb posted:

Also in Payday related posts: Are there any heists where you get cash stacks, gold bricks, and cocaine? I had a really weird dream where I was slinging bags of all three around in an underground vault and now I can't quite recall if any mission has all three baggable loot items at once.

Shadow Raid is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh, Meltdown as well!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

Shadow Raid is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh, Meltdown as well!

And Framing Frame, though not all three on the same day.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Dr Cheeto posted:

bring a silenced shotgun

Just be very careful doing so on Diamond Heist; at least once I've accidentally brought a silenced Judge and launched a guard out of the 2nd floor window, oopsie doopsie.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If you happen to get coke in the FBI evidence locker on day 2 and can rope someone in to breaking deposit boxes on day 3 then Firestarter would count.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

If you happen to get coke in the FBI evidence locker on day 2 and can rope someone in to breaking deposit boxes on day 3 then Firestarter would count.

I want to say you can maybe get all three on day two of Firestarter? Rarely, admittedly.

chairface posted:

I think with both so viable and close in stats, Infiltrator vs. Anarchist even for the types of specialized builds being discussed is mostly gonna come down to which way you want your armor to work. I would play anarchist even if they otherwise nerfed the poo poo out of it just because being immune to suppression with timed partial regen appeals to me more as a mechanic than the normal suppression/full regen of other perk decks. Particularly combined with bullseye and a heavy automatic weapon like a LMG, that whole "immunity to suppression" thing means I might as well just stand out here and keep shooting fools. I will grant this comes with the downside of if the poo poo really hits the fan, "my team needs me right now and my armor's down!" I can't be "back in" nearly as fast as an infiltrator, but considering I can definitely stay in the line of fire for longer due to the suppression immunity and constant regen, I feel it's an ok tradeoff.

Yeah. I'm heavily biased against ICTV since I see moving slowly as a huge disadvantage. If I can't make something work in a suit or LBV, I'm probably not going to do it.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Yeah. I'm heavily biased against ICTV since I see moving slowly as a huge disadvantage. If I can't make something work in a suit or LBV, I'm probably not going to do it.

Anarchist works great in LBV, especially if you still take iron man basic for +30% armor and the lower tier skill in the same tree that's a flat +20 to ballistic vests. I'm actually considering swapping up to a ballistic or heavy ballistic vest even if it's not purely optimal just cuz it's jarring for me to be that fast. I'm so used to fatsuits...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I wouldn't use those, they're kind of ... bad. You'll get used to the speed. LBV/suit is really hard to give up once you get it.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

chairface posted:

Anarchist works great in LBV, especially if you still take iron man basic for +30% armor and the lower tier skill in the same tree that's a flat +20 to ballistic vests. I'm actually considering swapping up to a ballistic or heavy ballistic vest even if it's not purely optimal just cuz it's jarring for me to be that fast. I'm so used to fatsuits...

I use an LBV when I don't care about concealment. I tend to prefer using a suit with Anarchist, though. 70 less armor, but the extra dodge often comes in useful.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

I use an LBV when I don't care about concealment. I tend to prefer using a suit with Anarchist, though. 70 less armor, but the extra dodge often comes in useful.

Dodging is just flinching.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

chairface posted:

Dodging is just flinching.

lol

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I want to say you can maybe get all three on day two of Firestarter? Rarely, admittedly.

It at least used to be possible. Gold, cash, guns, and coke are all potentially on FS2.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So I understand that because of the dynamic nature of the game's music, modding your own music files into the heist soundtracks would be really tricky.
But I'm wondering, since the menu tracks just play normally on a loop, if adding or replacing any of the menu tracks would be any easier? I just realized the other day I'd love to have the Jagged Alliance 2 laptop theme as my Payday 2 main menu music.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bort Bortles posted:

I've been on the fence about continuing to use Muscle exactly for that reason. I love when 5 cops are lined up on top of shipping crates in Slaughterhouse. Once I started using Muscle two of them duck out of my view and I can only kill three of them instead of just BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG five dead cops.

maswastaken posted:

Use a silencer and panic never happens.

This was a few days ago but I still had Muscle's panic kick in with silencers while I was trying a build with The Professional for LMGs and heavy assault rifles. Silencers negate threat but I think panic is a separate effect.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

As a long guide fellater, I recall that muscle panic only procs on guns that aren't silenced. Have they changed that recently, fellow long guide enthusiasts?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Nordick posted:

So I understand that because of the dynamic nature of the game's music, modding your own music files into the heist soundtracks would be really tricky.
But I'm wondering, since the menu tracks just play normally on a loop, if adding or replacing any of the menu tracks would be any easier? I just realized the other day I'd love to have the Jagged Alliance 2 laptop theme as my Payday 2 main menu music.

Yes, it's easier to replace menu tracks for that reason. I don't know the specifics but I've seen them done and the mod authors said as much. I think the trick is finding one of a similar/same length as the one you want to replace? Maybe?

good choice though. Don't let Magic call you a snapperhead :hfive:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Nordick posted:

There is only one acceptable menu tune and it's Let's Go Shopping.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Allen Wren posted:

There is only one acceptable menu tune and it's Let's Go Shopping.

Sorry, Half Past Wicked exists

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Let's Go Shopping is already claimed, anyway. Payday Card screen deserves only one track.

Replacing Busted with Zagrebacka is also great.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I just have mine play all of the songs randomly so you never know what you're going to get.

The B-Sides stuff gets a little annoying sometimes though, especially when it's a really REALLY short song and so you hear it about a million drat times.

Need a BLT mod that cycles the song as soon as one ends so I don't keep hearing RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So where's the option for high quality graphics? Because a lot of stuff like posters are untextured as hell

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

BillmasterCozb posted:

So where's the option for high quality graphics? Because a lot of stuff like posters are untextured as hell

In Payday 3

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Pfft look at these GPU havers, just play on a seven year old laptop and never leave the Playstation 2 era :smugdog:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So, how do I get invited into the Steam Group? Here is my profile.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Psion posted:

Yes, it's easier to replace menu tracks for that reason. I don't know the specifics but I've seen them done and the mod authors said as much. I think the trick is finding one of a similar/same length as the one you want to replace? Maybe?

good choice though. Don't let Magic call you a snapperhead :hfive:
Well, from what I can tell after googling a bit, it's still too much of a hassle for me to bother with. Maybe another time when I'm feeling more energetic I'll look more into it and find out how to screw around with the files.

I've never actually used Magic. I tend to stick with the cheaper guys.
Ya ain't been in combat, Ace, 'till you've pulled an eyeball outta your pocket. :hfive:

RandallODim posted:

Let's Go Shopping is already claimed, anyway. Payday Card screen deserves only one track.

Replacing Busted with Zagrebacka is also great.
I have Let's Go Shopping in the heist results screen and Zagrebacka in the payday card selection. Might swap them around though, actually.

I've had Pilgrim as my main menu track for ages. It's short and really simple, but also very subdued so it doesn't get abrasively repetitive.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 22, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Shooting Blanks posted:

It at least used to be possible. Gold, cash, guns, and coke are all potentially on FS2.

Long Guide:
The room has a 25% chance to contain 1-4 coke bags, 15% chance to contain 1-4 cash bags, 15% chance to contain 1-4 gold bags, 15% chance to contain 1-4 weapons bags (all evaluated independently, so the maximum amount of loot is 16).

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 22, 2016

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Long Guide:
The room has a 25% chance to contain 1-4 coke bags, 15% chance to contain 1-4 cash bags, 15% chance to contain 1-4 gold bags, 15% chance to contain 1-4 weapons bags (all evaluated independently, so the maximum amount of loot is 16).

Doesn't FS2 still have a bonus chance for a Goat, or is that counted as a coke bag? :v:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Kikas posted:

Doesn't FS2 still have a bonus chance for a Goat, or is that counted as a coke bag? :v:

The goat will always spawn, and I will always get it before anyone because the goat is my friend and I need to keep him safely on my back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Skunkrocker posted:

I just have mine play all of the songs randomly so you never know what you're going to get.

The B-Sides stuff gets a little annoying sometimes though, especially when it's a really REALLY short song and so you hear it about a million drat times.

Need a BLT mod that cycles the song as soon as one ends so I don't keep hearing RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA RULE BRITANIA

Just uncheck the ones you hate in "custom menu playlist" and use "random from playlist" instead