Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

zoux posted:

Yeah pretty much everything that a person does in a presidential campaign is seen as somehow indicative or transferable to that person's actual presidency, but not this year. This year, we train the President on the job.

This election is so loving bizarre, there must be 30+ gaffes that would have sunk any normal campaign but somehow none of it loving matters.

HE DOESN'T EVEN WANT THE JOB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

why are people not allowed to talk to fox staff?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Fullhouse posted:

not only that, but a man who actively refuses to learn anything about the job or its responsibilities and would delegate all policy decisions to establishment buzzards

A man who is proudly functionally illiterate and has promised to refuse to listen to eggheads when making foreign policy decisions

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I really hope that Itty Bittiest Hands takes 5 minutes tonight to call Ted Cruz a loathsome oval office.

Also cocks cocks cocks cocks in your mouth.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Louisgod posted:

Very, very, very, very, very unlikely. He's going to get nowhere close to 270 so contesting votes across numerous states will get him nowhere.

yea, even electoral maps being very generous to trump don't really look great for him.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

RNC where west coast libertarian techie scum can share the stage with bible belt fundie scum

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What time do the festivities start tonight?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

HappyHippo posted:

do you think mitch would've granted obama a pass for a "rookie" mistake?

you can go down the list of inane GOP criticisms of Obama and most of them would apply to Trump, I guarantee it

remember when Obama went soft and conciliatory on russia? hahahahahah

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

What time do the festivities start tonight?

I believe drunk Rince said 7:10 PM as he gaveled the thing closed last night.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkman Fanpage posted:

why are people not allowed to talk to fox staff?

I would assume because they might say something embarrassing about the Ailes ouster before Fox PR has a chance to get the party line straight.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Hey guys remember when Obama was the worst guy ever for being a rookie and having a vague air of celebrity around him?

Me neither.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ouhei posted:

This election is so loving bizarre, there must be 30+ gaffes that would have sunk any normal campaign but somehow none of it loving matters.

tonight can only end with a performance of springtime for hitler

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

I believe drunk Rince said 7:10 PM as he gaveled the thing closed last night.

'drunk' seems redundant here.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
"he's learning the ropes" senator McConnel declared, days after president trump cancelled the 2024 elections

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/756227267865575424

Alright this is the last time you use the I'm new excuse for low intensity regional nuclear exchanges!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Eonwe posted:

how many rookie mistakes do you get as president

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/RNC_Scanner/status/756233833255665664

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

what

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hahaha take that pig now you have hepati- *gets extremely shot*

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

what is a syringe attack

were they shot with the tf2 medic gun?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

people are woke, friend.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

when will trump address the threat that radical anarchic terrorism poses to the nation?????

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Ouhei posted:

Way more than 30. He's committed what should have been a campaign-ending gaffe at least once or twice every week since he announced.

He's committed so many that we've forgotten many of them. Remember the racist butler? Remember when he advocated for a nuclear-armed Japan and defaulting on the national debt? Remember his crazy rear end "doctor" writing him a clean bill of health that read exactly like Trump wrote it himself?

I'm sure I'm missing dozens more.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I was more thinking that anarchists had decided that "heroin for everyone!!" is a winning play at the rnc.

hell they may be right.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
it says potential syringe attacks, like what the hell is a potential syringe attack - a guy passed out in an alley on heroin mumbles that he's gonna get ya?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Man the media is hilarious.

I mean, I don't begrudge the left getting their licks in, go ahead, have fun with some of the GOP convention chaos.

But MSNBC is going a step beyond and acting like it has some sort of effect on the election. Trump has to "save" the GOP convention with a great speech. As if he needs to satisfy THEM to win the election. The great unwashed masses aren't paying attention to this poo poo. Liberals who are and who are enjoying the show with a hearty laugh are votes in the bank for Clinton.

The number of people watching these things is a small fraction of the number of people who will cast votes. And the small fraction watching is mostly all the partisans like us, not the mouth-breathing idiots who will pick the next president.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

here is miller

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
So, tonight's the night when Trump rejects the nomination and reveals that his whole campaign has been a hoax, right? I mean, this would be the night to do it.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
It means sticking someone with an infected needle, but it sounds like a dumb rumor.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
while i would never dream of accusing our brave peace officers of being lying garbage...

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Fox Ironic posted:

So, tonight's the night when Trump rejects the nomination and reveals that his whole campaign has been a hoax, right? I mean, this would be the night to do it.

They're going to nominate nixon again aren't they

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I love how you can just make up the most bullshit weapons possible and attribute them to those pesky "anarchists" and everyone will freak out

"ACID FILLED PARADE DISPLAYS!!!!" "WHITE PHOSPHOROUS-COATED ZINES!!!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

Man the media is hilarious.

I mean, I don't begrudge the left getting their licks in, go ahead, have fun with some of the GOP convention chaos.

But MSNBC is going a step beyond and acting like it has some sort of effect on the election. Trump has to "save" the GOP convention with a great speech. As if he needs to satisfy THEM to win the election. The great unwashed masses aren't paying attention to this poo poo. Liberals who are and who are enjoying the show with a hearty laugh are votes in the bank for Clinton.

The number of people watching these things is a small fraction of the number of people who will cast votes. And the small fraction watching is mostly all the partisans like us, not the mouth-breathing idiots who will pick the next president.

Wow. The convention must be going really badly.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Xandu posted:

It means sticking someone with an infected needle, but it sounds like a dumb rumor.

"Police are being cautioned NOT to flash their lights back at other cars, as that's a secret Latin Kings gang initation that makes new members kill people and thats how they pick targets. It happened to my cousin's friend"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

BREAKING: Officers worried due to reports of "the knockout game" gowing in popularity among anarchists

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Wow. The convention must be going really badly.

Not really, the media is entertained, the left is entertained, the right is entertained.

PT Barnum delivers.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Come on Boosted, surely you can recognize the obvious 4D chess of deliberately running a chaotic convention, followed by Trump "saving" the event with a strong speech at the end, thus completing the comeback narrative.

Bing Bong Bing 101

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Xandu posted:

Like how people got aids through movie theater seats in the 90s?

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
"The convention isn't supposed to galvanize support for the nominee" is a new one to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
messenger bags full of ricin

• Locked thread