Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Krampus Grewcock posted:

Not only are they messing with his friend, they're messing with his food. Luffy gonna gently caress poo poo up.

I kinda want to see Sanji just deal with this on his own though. Luffy can take care of Big Mom's side and they can just meet in the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sanji couldn't beat a guy that luffy and zoro could oneshot, and robin/jinbei could probably beat

JD
Jan 11, 2003
I liked how Sanji was barely trying, every time he got knocked down he just had this look of annoyance on his face

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Sanji needs to take over Germa and add it to Luffy's fleet.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Mulderman posted:

Sanji needs to take over Germa and add it to Luffy's fleet.

he's going to marry pudding and do this, while carrot takes his place

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

oddium posted:

he's going to marry pudding and do this, while carrot takes his place

This is acceptable.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

:colbert: Mr. Prince >>>> overexcitable rabbit luffy any day.

Fite me

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

:colbert: Mr. Prince >>>> overexcitable rabbit luffy any day.

Fite me

There's no need for that, we're all civilized people here, we can compromise.

Sanji marries Carrot and she joins the crew.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sanji goes to the wedding and when they take off the cuffs to put the ring on and he can take his vows appropriately, he spin kicks everyone in the vicinity except for any women and uses that opportunity to escape

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

Sanji marries Carrot and she joins the crew.

He certainly did have an eye for the minks back in Zou.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Krampus Grewcock posted:

Not only are they messing with his friend, they're messing with his food. Luffy gonna gently caress poo poo up.

Also there's an evil tyrant despotically ruling over islands made of food. The whole arc is designed to get Luffy right in the stomach, and his fury will be legend.

Man, I don't want to see what happened to Sanji's mom though. Got a feeling she's a commoner chef who got kicked out of the palace after giving birth to the kids and Sanji is the only one trying to help her out. Then she'll tell Sanji to get on the ship and work in the kitchen, while she goes and talks to his dad. Only in the final show down Sanji's dad will talk about all the horrible things he did to her and how she knew it was coming.

Also it's 50/50 that Sanji's dad is responsible for the semi-rogue wave that caused Zeff to loose his leg and stranded them on the island.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

oddium posted:

sanji couldn't beat a guy that luffy and zoro could oneshot, and robin/jinbei could probably beat

I'm assuming you mean Virgo, but I've no idea why you think Luffy or Zoro could one shot him since Law used his devil fruit in conjunction with his sword to cut him, not just his sword on it's own. And one of his devil fruit's most basic abilities is the ability to slice up people extra good. I can see Jinbei beating him, but I can't see Robin doing so, since even with extra or giant limbs I doubt she has the strength necessary to overcome his abilities.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sanji's body was also pretty beat up since Caesar defeated Nami while she was still in Sanji's body.

That's my excuse.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
sanji didnt wanna go TOO hard plus we have no idea how strong his father is plus all the gimmicks plus his last attack he suckered on and impaled a person just to get to sanji how could you all hate sanji this is year of the sanji HES GONNA DO SOMETHING THAT GONNA MAKE YOU ALL ACCEPT HES IN THE MONSTER TRIO STILL ODA DIDNT FORGET AND I DIDNT EITHER

edit: the guy above me is right on the point before nami destroyed sanjis body and she AND him comment on it at various points

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I figure Sanji just let his dad beat him cause if you look at his expression when he's taking the blow he doesn't look like he's in major pain or anything.

I feel like Sanji didn't want to prolong the fight once his wuss of a dad brought in literal body guards and stabbed through them cause that's not something you really want on your conscience.

It's not like the fight really had much at stake, and the bracelets came after the fight out of the blue.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Yeah, a little bit of artificial drama there, not really needed.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
it was more to show his dad and his ideals,and sanji flashbacks with call outs to man in the iron mask AND finding out sanji is a swordfighter which brings 4 musketeers (the sequel) into it too idk i liked it

and the panel of the spear going through the guy was pretty cool and gutless for one piece

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If the arc was essentially Sanji's Great Escape with him getting to employ all four limbs against the food creatures amongother things, I feel like it would be sufficiently amazing

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Duval is the man in the iron mask.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
We can't see the eyebrows of Sanji's father and his mustache isn't curled either so this must mean that he isn't their biological father quote me on this (until we see Sanji's mother has curly eyebrows)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

tsob posted:

I'm assuming you mean Virgo, but I've no idea why you think Luffy or Zoro could one shot him since Law used his devil fruit in conjunction with his sword to cut him, not just his sword on it's own. And one of his devil fruit's most basic abilities is the ability to slice up people extra good. I can see Jinbei beating him, but I can't see Robin doing so, since even with extra or giant limbs I doubt she has the strength necessary to overcome his abilities.

i was talking about sanji's dad but i forgot about virgo. it's super nice that they let sanji be a part of the monster trio still. also i believe in robin

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

oddium posted:

i was talking about sanji's dad but i forgot about virgo. it's super nice that they let sanji be a part of the monster trio still. also i believe in robin
He hasn't had a serious fight in some time where he wasn't already injured but yeah, the Monster Trio basically broke up when we found out that there were only two Supernovas on the Straw Hats.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

oddium posted:

Then the point is even more silly since not only is Sanji very obviously not taking the fight seriously and ducking out at the first opportunity, but we have no idea of Judge's actual strength since he's unlikely to have shown his full hand either.

RealFoxy posted:

He hasn't had a serious fight in some time where he wasn't already injured but yeah, the Monster Trio basically broke up when we found out that there were only two Supernovas on the Straw Hats.

Wouldn't that have been because Zoro was a known individual and Sanji wasn't? He had no real picture at the time I think and had been doing his Mr. Prince thing during their biggest escapades so that he wasn't as public about stuff as Zoro.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

tsob posted:

Then the point is even more silly since not only is Sanji very obviously not taking the fight seriously and ducking out at the first opportunity, but we have no idea of Judge's actual strength since he's unlikely to have shown his full hand either.

Wouldn't that have been because Zoro was a known individual and Sanji wasn't? He had no real picture at the time I think and had been doing his Mr. Prince thing during their biggest escapades so that he wasn't as public about stuff as Zoro.
Not exactly, since Sogeking was the one who set the World Government flag on fire and didn't get that much of a boost. Sanji was there the whole time but Zoro was taking down a lot more high profile people and generally regarded as a lot stronger. The years they spent training isn't even comparable either, Zoro spent time with the strongest swordsman in the world and Sanji spent his time running away from Okama and learning to cook new things.

For a time they were on pretty equal footing with Sanji being a lot more clever and resourceful but Zoro edged out in Waters 7, took Kuma head-on, and just kept getting stronger and stronger. I don't know how much stronger Sanji is than the rest of the crew are post training, who knows what kind of tricks Usopp and Nami have that could make them more dangerous, and Brook and Franky are much stronger too (But haven't had serious fights either).

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 22, 2016

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Sogeking got a bounty in the first place for shooting down the World Government flag. Usopp hadn't had any before that point. Bounties are awarded for perceived threat, which is partially based on beating strong people but also partially based on things that you do that mark you as a threat to the World Government. Zoro got his first bounty for beating up 100 odd bounty hunters on Whiskey Peak, even though they were all individually weak, the second for beating Kaku and the third for beating the Donquixote Family - which everyone got a bounty increase for (bar maybe Chopper). Sanji got his first one for beating Jyabura, but because he hadn't been observed doing anything public like beating/killing a lot of people or standing in the way of a Warlord he didn't get included in the Supernovas. I'm pretty sure Zoro was in because his bounty poster was higher than 100 million as a known threat who'd done something that people held in esteem, while Sanji wasn't in since he was still a step behind Zoro at that point. His bounties are always behind Zoro in time, since he didn't get his till Zoro got his increased, and again didn't get an increase till Zoro got a second one.

Usopp's is higher than most of the crew at the moment because of what he did freeing all the toys/slaves on Dressrosa and not because he's held to be a particularly strong fighter.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Why is anyone afraid of explosions in One Piece? I'm pretty sure every single arc of one piece involved someone getting hit by a bomb. Usopp was even kicked in the face with exposions on Little Garden. The only thing that kills you is drowning, flashbacks and being Ace.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Sub Harrison posted:

Why is anyone afraid of explosions in One Piece? I'm pretty sure every single arc of one piece involved someone getting hit by a bomb. Usopp was even kicked in the face with exposions on Little Garden. The only thing that kills you is drowning, flashbacks and being Ace.

Same reason people are afraid of rubber bands, it hurts. Also you lose your teeth for a bit and your eyes go white. Ya don't want that, no sir. (But it'd be insanely boring if the characters new one piece tropes that the readers knew).

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I think that Zoro is stronger than Sanji, because he's just straight-up ridiculous at this point, but I also think that the gap between them isn't so huge that Sanji wouldn't give Zoro a real run for his money, or that Sanji isn't the third-strongest fighter among the Strawhats (although that's by a smaller margin than it was before, given the progress from everyone else). Mainly I think that we haven't seen Sanji really bust out the results of his training yet.

Space-Bird posted:

Same reason people are afraid of rubber bands, it hurts. Also you lose your teeth for a bit and your eyes go white. Ya don't want that, no sir. (But it'd be insanely boring if the characters new one piece tropes that the readers knew).

Hey now, people are scared of rubber bands because the Usopp Rubber Band is the most devastating weapon known to mankind. It's one of the ancient weapons that the poneglyphs warn about.

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 22, 2016

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Also consider that Zoro spent pretty much his whole life training, and spent his time prior to meeting Luffy as a bounty hunter who had become notorious enough that everyone in East Blue knew his name; meanwhile, Sanji's spent a good chunk of his life cooking on boats, yet is still tough enough that he can share a spotlight with Luffy and Zoro. Yeah, Zoro's ahead of him, but only because he's trained more. Also, consider that the Newkamas are all experts in hand-to-hand combat, so Sanji spent two years not just brushing up on his cooking skills, but also learning how to defeat some of the best hand-to-hand fighters in the world (which likely included Ivankov, who could beat Kuma).

I don't think Sanji's as far behind as people think.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

This might be way too obvious, but the way Germa fights seems like a setup for a flashback to Zeff's Spear of the Heart line.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

Hey now, people are scared of rubber bands because the Usopp Rubber Band is the most devastating weapon known to mankind. It's one of the ancient weapons that the poneglyphs warn about.

Pluton, Posiedon, and Usopp'un.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

QuantaStarFire posted:

Also consider that Zoro spent pretty much his whole life training, and spent his time prior to meeting Luffy as a bounty hunter who had become notorious enough that everyone in East Blue knew his name; meanwhile, Sanji's spent a good chunk of his life cooking on boats, yet is still tough enough that he can share a spotlight with Luffy and Zoro. Yeah, Zoro's ahead of him, but only because he's trained more. Also, consider that the Newkamas are all experts in hand-to-hand combat, so Sanji spent two years not just brushing up on his cooking skills, but also learning how to defeat some of the best hand-to-hand fighters in the world (which likely included Ivankov, who could beat Kuma).

I don't think Sanji's as far behind as people think.

They have two different kinds of strength. Zoro is raw power while Sanji has a lot more finesse about him. Look at Zoro and his opponents over time and that's a summary of his strength; things like the 108-pound cannon, slicing up Pica's rock body, Kaku slicing off the top of the Tower of Justice, Mihawk slicing through that giant, frozen wave from half a mile away.

Sanji, on the other hand, tends to have a more subtle approach to things. He targets specific parts of his enemies to maximize damage, he does his Mr. Prince routine, and even restructures people's faces with his attacks. He still kicks ridiculously hard, but he can't cause as much wanton destruction as Zoro can.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Not exactly, since Sogeking was the one who set the World Government flag on fire and didn't get that much of a boost. Sanji was there the whole time but Zoro was taking down a lot more high profile people and generally regarded as a lot stronger. The years they spent training isn't even comparable either, Zoro spent time with the strongest swordsman in the world and Sanji spent his time running away from Okama and learning to cook new things.

For a time they were on pretty equal footing with Sanji being a lot more clever and resourceful but Zoro edged out in Waters 7, took Kuma head-on, and just kept getting stronger and stronger. I don't know how much stronger Sanji is than the rest of the crew are post training, who knows what kind of tricks Usopp and Nami have that could make them more dangerous, and Brook and Franky are much stronger too (But haven't had serious fights either).

Franky won the most hard boiled fight in history .. and you still think he's not serious?

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Mainly I think that we haven't seen Sanji really bust out the results of his training yet.

If Sanji goes super saiyan by putting on a pretty sundress and obliterates his family and the Germa army, I'll take back everything I said about Sanji's 2-year training.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Shoren posted:

They have two different kinds of strength. Zoro is raw power while Sanji has a lot more finesse about him. Look at Zoro and his opponents over time and that's a summary of his strength; things like the 108-pound cannon, slicing up Pica's rock body, Kaku slicing off the top of the Tower of Justice, Mihawk slicing through that giant, frozen wave from half a mile away.

Sanji, on the other hand, tends to have a more subtle approach to things. He targets specific parts of his enemies to maximize damage, he does his Mr. Prince routine, and even restructures people's faces with his attacks. He still kicks ridiculously hard, but he can't cause as much wanton destruction as Zoro can.

In this vein as well, it's worth noting that Zoro doesn't really do much other than be stupid strong, while Sanji has a double major in fight cooking and a minor in subterfuge.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

RuBisCO posted:

In this vein as well, it's worth noting that Zoro doesn't really do much other than be stupid strong, while Sanji has a double major in fight cooking and a minor in subterfuge.

Sanji's minor is subterfuge is why I liked him so much in the past. It has been sorely lacking for so long. Please Oda, give this to me.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

lowercase16 posted:

If Sanji goes super saiyan by putting on a pretty sundress and obliterates his family and the Germa army, I'll take back everything I said about Sanji's 2-year training.

He strikes me as more of an Ao dai kind of man.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Sanji's minor is subterfuge is why I liked him so much in the past. It has been sorely lacking for so long. Please Oda, give this to me.

I mean, he's doing exactly this now. Undermining a yonkou's entire operation by sneaking in based on his connections sounds like some Mr. Prince poo poo to me. He's even literally a prince now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he didn't sneak in and he didn't even want to be here tho

I guess he could do something like that now but it wasn't his intention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Manatee Cannon posted:

he didn't sneak in and he didn't even want to be here tho

I guess he could do something like that now but it wasn't his intention

I think he pieced together a plan during the dinner with Capone. If he didn't have a plan, he might have kept his crewmates with him to keep them safe and so he'd have more options in which to take action later.

Might be wishful thinking on my part, I suppose. I love when Sanji figures out something important and executes a plan without anyone knowing.