Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
Ill def try xrd but wish cross platform play was a thing as the player base is already small for fgs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Gold Dust Gasoline posted:

Ill def try xrd but wish cross platform play was a thing as the player base is already small for fgs.

:agreed:

Maybe they'll add it some day. That would be awesome. I don't think there is an excuse to not have it anymore. If capcom can do it anyone can do it.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
capcom released sf5 for pc, simultaneously, in all regions and has continued to do so with updates. truly it is the god game

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Microwaves Mom posted:

:agreed:

Maybe they'll add it some day. That would be awesome. I don't think there is an excuse to not have it anymore. If capcom can do it anyone can do it.

I'm pretty sure Sony is the reason that happened, not Capcom. Lord knows Capcom couldn't program their way out of a plastic bag.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I dunno why Sony would give a poo poo about PC support and joint matchmaking.

To be honest I'll be real tempted to get a PS4 once Persona 5 is out because that will never be out on PC ever I'm sure.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

many ps4 players will rebuy on pc to follow the larger player base like they did with -sign-

i hope it doesn't go down that way again but i bet it will.

how is pc -sign- these days anyway? is it still active or did it die off?

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

many ps4 players will rebuy on pc to follow the larger player base like they did with -sign-

http://steamcharts.com/app/376300#1y

It's been in a decline of active players since release, but at it's peak each day seems like you can expect to find about 150-200 people on. It's had a little upward bump recently, probably because of Evo.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I kinda hate that the guilty player base gets divided up with pc.

As said the games don't have many players so to have them divided even further kinda blows, especially considering when its not likes its been since dizzy came out, you spend longer looking for matches then playing unless you find one person and have a long set.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

i'll buy it because gently caress having actual netplay delay after getting used so used to offline.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Mr. Trampoline posted:

http://steamcharts.com/app/376300#1y

It's been in a decline of active players since release, but at it's peak each day seems like you can expect to find about 150-200 people on. It's had a little upward bump recently, probably because of Evo.

They'll usually be like one NA east room going at night still, and if there's not you can bug people in discord to come play usually. It's not exactly a bumping scene but you can still get matches if you're looking for em. Who knows how much longer that's gonna go on, the days of hosting open rooms are probably on life support, but there's enough poverty PC players that I don't see the steam netplay discords going inactive anytime soon.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Man, I hope that doesn't happen.

I doubt I'd have a good enough pc to run it by then, and gently caress buying the same game twice.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Real hurthling! posted:

delay based Is not necessarily a bad thing. Ps4 last blade 2 is delay based and runs better than sfv rollback

This refers more to the threshold in which they think the game will still feel playable, but presumably it'll be delay based netcode, yea

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I was gonna play this game again because Balrog is out and he's fun but yeah I dunno now.

Of course, I also play Cammy and her only crush counters are sweep and her St.RH which is loving terrible, is poo poo in footsies and doesn't hit crouching. Cammy is practically missing a universal game mechanic that pretty much everyone else has. That blows. If her fierce crush countered I feel like she would be a lot better.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Cammy is a lot better than Balrog, and about half the characters in the game, in fact.

You don't need Crush Counters in order to get big damage off of a punish.
For some characters (Chun) you actually get LESS damage off of Crush Counters.

ZWZ
May 6, 2007

Homerun

Shiki Dan posted:

Cammy is a lot better than Balrog, and about half the characters in the game, in fact.

Love when you get an unexpected cc with necali on his cr.hp starter and you lose damage because of it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/BornFreeTweets/status/756206567834267652

Juri trailer. Doesn't show us anything we didn't already know because of Story mode but at least it gives us a date.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Wow they really didn't add any purple effect to her fireballs, it's gonna stay that ugly rear end black/grey unfinished look

capcom :golfclap:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shiki Dan posted:

i haven't played this game in months and i still get frustrated over this sloppy bullshit.

mortal counters have ONE job

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nodoze posted:

Wow they really didn't add any purple effect to her fireballs, it's gonna stay that ugly rear end black/grey unfinished look

capcom :golfclap:

I don't know why you expected it to change at all. They weren't gonna put her in the story mode and give her unfinished animations or effects, that would look lovely on their part and like they actually put out two unfinished characters.

I also maintain the character's have been finished for quite a while now, as well.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/07/21/juri-joins-the-street-fighter-v-roster

Also nothing but eh, someone has to talk about SFV in this Street Fighter The Fifth Vee thread.

Strider Ibuki is new to me, cool.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Let's all wish Ryu a happy 52nd birthday

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I like Juri's new design and fireball effects and I think she looks fun to play.

Since I have now said something positive about sf5 feel free to poo poo on me.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
every time i read someone talking about the corner being dangerous likes its something to note about sfv specifically i get really mad

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
sf5 does this really cool thing where you push buttons, and things happen. sometimes you punch, and sometimes you kick. its no wonder capcom is the king of fighting games

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I can't place my finger on exactly why it is, but the longer the game is out the more I feel like SFV was trying to get the MOBA audience.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

They were going to have daily challenges which they haven't done or talked about doing anymore

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
At some point the sales group must have gotten mad at how few people are buying characters with real money, and thinks that dailies would only worsen the problem.
It's such an easy thing to implement that it's the only explanation I can fathom.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Gorp posted:

I can't place my finger on exactly why it is, but the longer the game is out the more I feel like SFV was trying to get the MOBA audience.

i said that when they did the character spotlight videos on youtube

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
MOBA's got that e sports money and are the most successful competitive oriented genre on the market these days, so yeah, I can see why they might be trying to take a lil influence in presentation from em. Not that it's much of a successful strategy or that it makes sense genre wise, but they're the leading thing to ape for the *e sports * model.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Dias posted:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/07/21/juri-joins-the-street-fighter-v-roster

Also nothing but eh, someone has to talk about SFV in this Street Fighter The Fifth Vee thread.

Strider Ibuki is new to me, cool.

School swimsuit Ibuki, actually

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
does biker juri have cameltoe

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lol @ all the summer costumes being women

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Pomp posted:

does biker juri have cameltoe

Yes.
Man this game sure is game, I love Capcom.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Help Im Alive posted:

Happy birthday Fightman. :3:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Anyone down for some scrub-rear end lobbies?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

juri's story costume has a pretty cool jacket.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Booyah- posted:

They were going to have daily challenges which they haven't done or talked about doing anymore

They are called targets now and apparently are coming soon but who knows

Capcom talked about it on jun 28th
http://en.yibada.com/articles/135825/20160628/street-fighter-5-dlc-update.htm

quote:

Capcom added that Daily Challenges will be retooled and optimized and it will be called "Targets". New single player modes including Extra Battle and Versus CPU are also in the works very soon.

Insensitive
Aug 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Help Im Alive posted:

How on earth does Ryu only weigh 150lbs??? His arms probably weigh 50lbs each.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Insensitive posted:

How on earth does Ryu only weigh 150lbs??? His arms probably weigh 50lbs each.

Ryu is a magic user. Magic has negative weight making him lighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

Ryu is a magic user. Magic has negative weight making him lighter.

Is ryu a wizard?