Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Libertine posted:

I'm drinking this fancy CocaCola to stay awake but I'm worried my sore back will put me down for the evening. I'm turning 32 next month I might as well /ff

im not very old and my back was getting pretty bad this year so i bought one of those foam beds that they advertise on the bombcast and now, two weeks later, i dont have any back problems at all. i had been meaning to get one for a long time but didnt want to set aside time to get it delivered or whatever but those beds just come in like a small box via ups and they expand after you open them up so it seemed pretty convenient.

also yeah getting fit is pretty good too, and now that i can sleep a full night without any pain its pretty easy to get up early and go running before work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Passed my promos to Gold V 3-0 last night :toot:

I'm glad I managed to get that out of the way while Sona was hellaciously strong, as opposed to 6.16 when she'll be put in the dumpster for the rest of the season.

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
look at the cool dives you can pull off with ryze's tele https://clips.twitch.tv/c9sneaky/TenderChamoisBrainSlug

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Hahaha, fountain prioritizes minions?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah there are old videos of yorick tower diving for pentakills and his ghouls keep him alive

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Oh hey, new champion reveal! Crazy old man yordle riding the dinosaur critter from the posters. I have no idea what lane that's gonna be, possibly a jungler?

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

mistaya posted:

Oh hey, new champion reveal! Crazy old man yordle riding the dinosaur critter from the posters. I have no idea what lane that's gonna be, possibly a jungler?

Will end up being a powerful mid laner that gets nerfed into being a powerful support that gets nerfed into being goons favorite jungle and top lane

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

mistaya posted:

I'm looking forward to the lore explanation of how they shrank Rengar down and turned him into a yordle.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

that champion is a dentist, since he took out that one dudes tooth with no blood

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Last five champs:

Mid
Mid
ADC
Jungler

So I'm thinking a jungler/support

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

jungler makes the most sense to me

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Radical posted:

jungler makes the most sense to me

So it's actually gonna be a top laner

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Bholder posted:

So it's actually gonna be a top laner

All junglers are top laners with bad scaling.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

"we hosed this one up so bad he ended up as a melee ad carry"

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
i change my vote to ap assassin

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm excited for Jeb! Kled!

https://twitter.com/theriftherald/status/756193681942667264

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

general anime posted:

look at the cool dives you can pull off with ryze's tele https://clips.twitch.tv/c9sneaky/TenderChamoisBrainSlug

lmao i love league of legends

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the lizard cait sith thing is cute

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Lovechop posted:

the lizard cait sith thing is cute

I kinda want one. Like, as a pet.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Luna Was Here posted:

Please do not shame my persona 5 waifu-atar

Luna Was Here posted:

Sorry I'm too busy catching pokemon to hear you

Luna Was Here posted:

I just turned 19
I'm also a guy

Luna Was Here posted:

If you're talking about my av she's a drop out sorta

Luna Was Here posted:

But me, no. I graduated in 2015

Luna Was Here posted:

Persona 5 is the reason I'm going to actually make a serious effort at learning a second language rather than the two years I wasted on french and Spanish in high school

Luna Was Here posted:

I'm fairly certain hes looking at ftc imposed jail time and fines for rigging online gambling at the least

He ain't skating off of this one no way no how

Luna Was Here posted:

Also if p2 ep is your crowning jewel of jrpgs when you could've used any other Atlas rpg released between the releases of smt 2 and persona 3 then lmao @ u

Luna Was Here posted:

Smt nocturne is the best rpg ever made, next question

Luna Was Here posted:

Maybe that's what they're gonna do with the lore revamp

Luna Was Here posted:

Please do not resurface these feels

Luna Was Here posted:

This rpg has additional elements that come from other, non rpg games. This therefore means it is not as good as the other games that have preceeded it.

Yep, mhmm

Luna Was Here posted:

Please do not age shame me

I haven't read this thread in a longggg time but

God damnit you're (still) sucha fag stopppp posting jesus christ. All your poo poo from just one page

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 22, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Hi friend what are your opinions on anime and waifus

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

Hi friend what are your opinions on anime and waifus

They make that guy really angry so they're probably good!

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

general anime posted:

http://i.imgur.com/lSPsZhL.mp4
:colbert: you dont need minions just janna

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Ryze + Janna ults, the next generation of tower diving.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

ryze ult timed so taric ult pops immediately on arrival

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

http://plays.tv/video/579195bb22468c2f9b/uh-oh-

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

hahaha nice

stump collector
May 28, 2007
:911:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The make it rain sound effect on that skin tilts me

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I Black Shielded my adc at the last second to block an Ashe Arrow, then got off a binding on the Alistar that was trying to tower dive him, and pooled the Ashe and got a double kill that made my ADC rage quit because I was "Stealing his kills"

I love league of legends (How do I get a replay its prob my best play ever)

http://www.replay.gg/search/na/ADumbPirate#2247200321

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
does plays.tv lag you out if you have a really poo poo pc? it would be fun to try but my computer is really bad

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From the latest Ask Riot:

quote:

In patch 6.13 we added timed windows to ranked 3’s that match up with the ranked 5’s play times. We did this because it's a pretty low population queue and there were a lot of poor queue times and matches being made outside of those windows. We're going to see how these changes work and so far, our data shows it has substantially improved queue time and match quality.

Ranked 3's came from a time when we saw the future of League as being a variety of different maps that were always available. It turns out this vision just isn’t the most compelling. It's fair to view the work that we currently do on Twisted Treeline as maintenance.

If we made Twisted Treeline today, it would be for our Rotating Game Mode Queue (RGMQ) – that's where we mix things up and give you fresh modes for a shorter amount of time. If the population for Ranked 3's stays healthy, we’ll maintain the same windows as Ranked 5s. If the queue times become too long and the matchups are difficult to balance for the number of players in the queue, we’ll have to make a decision on whether it’s best if we move into in the the RGMQ where it will get shorter, healthier periods of play.

Welp.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Elentor posted:

From the latest Ask Riot:

Welp.

they're going to replace it with ranked urf mode, ushering in the true golden age of league

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The player base of the game broadly speaking could have easily supported multiple fleshed out game modes, the problem is that Riot didn't do any follow-up balance or tuning work on those games modes except for like once every year and the player base got tired of the kind of things that would make the SR player base tired like if a 60% win rate champion wasn't nerfed for a whole year.

It doesn't even seem like it would have been that much work either. Like they could have had a really small dedicated team on each sub-map and been able to churn out quality balance/tuning updates.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lovechop posted:

they're going to replace it with ranked urf mode, ushering in the true golden age of league

I would Honest-to-God play that.

I think the most fun I have in LoL is playing URF Syndra.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
its p silly that the rotating game mode thing is so short + doesnt even include all the gimmick modes

i miss bilgewater nasus

E: at least we got Dominion But Terrible tho

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 22, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

small dedicated team
they just can't make any changes to league without first having a bunch of PR experts to write game philosophy reddit posts which deftly incorporate the coolest memes and puns and then translate them to 60 languages

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

how long till summoner's rift becomes a rotating game mode

also if you asked them i assume the reason they cant update TT is because its difficult to update without breaking SR or something but honestly "we put a bunch of work into a thing and then scrapped it because we didn't actually make it very well" is not a very good excuse

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Radical posted:

how long till summoner's rift becomes a rotating game mode

also if you asked them i assume the reason they cant update TT is because its difficult to update without breaking SR or something but honestly "we put a bunch of work into a thing and then scrapped it because we didn't actually make it very well" is not a very good excuse

Why not? They use it for everything else they get rid of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
riot is so loving fail they seriously suck

• Locked thread