Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Nice little rough house tear up in this fight after, brawls in the crowd and everything, old school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
RIgondeaux is more or less the best boxer in the world. It's a shame he's completely buried against mostly unqualified opposition these days. The stream I was watching that was advertised as showing the fight didn't even end up showing it.

He really needs the Carl Frampton fight. He's in purgatory at the moment.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Frampton is never fighting him. He said in the post match interview that he'd be back in the UK in September, probably bullshit, but the only fight I can think of in that sort of time frame is Kid Galahad? It'd certainly be one for the purists.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow what a fight

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
I don't remember the last time I saw the score cards recalculated

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I've never seen that in a fight before.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The right guy won. That was a nice result tbh. Even Sammy Vazquez thought he lost.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is one of those fights where you feel really pathetic that you have nothing better to do than watch it live

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Arreola isn't winning but he's putting on a good show of it.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Wilder is just too goddamn big and fast. I hope he grabs all the belts.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

The Ninth Layer posted:

I've never seen that in a fight before.

Neither. It's like the promoter was too embarrassed to fix the fight.

And Wilder looked ok but his arm was a mess. It looked like he broke his hand in the 3rd or 4th round and apparently tore a muscle in the arm somewhere in there. Plus that gruesome looking burn on his elbow that the announcers almost failed to mention..

Hopefully he doesn't have any complications healing up.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Good for Felix Diaz :)

Apparently Vic Darchiniyan got koed in 2 on the undercard :(

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Yeah, he did.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

wow the guy had lost 3 of his last 6 fights too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iYvTCP-dPk

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Vic has probably taken a few too many of those.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shame the undercard for Crawford/Postol is so weak. That's the difference between me shelling out $60 or settling for the first mediocre stream I find. Should be a great main event though.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

please, we've moved on to

(spins wheel)

...Rances Barthelemy

If you really want to be streets ahead it's all about the winner of Robert Easter - Richard Commey and Tugstsogt Nyambayar.

If nothing else all these pbc cards are great for getting my shadow hipster p4p list in order.

EDIT:

mike- posted:

I saw that Jermall Charlo vs. Julian Williams got announced today, which should be a great fight albeit a big step up for Williams. I'm hoping that the Andrade and Jermell fight can be put together soon too and we can see the top guys at 154 actually fighting each other.

Has anyone actually developed a system for telling which Charlo is which?

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 19, 2016

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

I saw that Jermall Charlo vs. Julian Williams got announced today, which should be a great fight albeit a big step up for Williams. I'm hoping that the Andrade and Jermell fight can be put together soon too and we can see the top guys at 154 actually fighting each other.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The SituAsian posted:

If you really want to be streets ahead it's all about the winner of Robert Easter - Richard Commey and Tugstsogt Nyambayar.

If nothing else all these pbc cards are great for getting my shadow hipster p4p list in order.

EDIT:

Has anyone actually developed a system for telling which Charlo is which?

I've heard this one:

Jermell Charlo is mellow and doesn't hit too hard

Jermall Charlo will maul you with his punches

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Jermall has a huge tattoo covering his chest

Lifetime77
May 20, 2007

Hello Bastards.
So Broner is going to do a 30 day bid for not showing up to his felony assault trial.

Monday: In a Twitter post Monday, Broner said: “Today will be the DAY I change everything about my lifestyle at this point of my life #AboutBillions.”
Tuesday: Show up to court really late and drunk. Go to jail.

http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/2016/07/19/adrien-broner-ordered-to-spend-30-days-in-jail-after-failing-to-appear-for-trial/

Lifetime77 fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 20, 2016

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
now that Broner's moved on from just being a dumbass to actively ruining his career I imagine this pretty much where it ends. maybe one last big payday as a b-side and we don't hear about him again until he inevitably kills a dude/is killed.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

this generation's jeff lacy

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Dan Rafael is reporting that Pac will be coming out of retirement on November 5 to fight an opponent to be named later.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shocking

(it'll be Crawford)

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Crawford beating Postol then Pacquiao would be pretty amazing, I'd love to see it happen.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Crawford beating Postol then Pacquiao would be pretty amazing, I'd love to see it happen.

Man I would love to see Crawford spark pacman :allears:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
So I wrote an article about how Tommy Morrison was actually diagnosed with HIV 7 years before the infamous positive test that ended his career: http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/exclusive-court-records-reveal-tommy-morrison-boxed-while-hiv-positive-for-7-years/

The Nevada Athletic Commission has known for at least 3 months but hasn't changed their requirements for how to get your HIV test for your license.

some old hussy
Dec 6, 2005

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me.

Troy Queef posted:

Dan Rafael is reporting that Pac will be coming out of retirement on November 5 to fight an opponent to be named later.

At the Thomas and Mack Center no less.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

davidbix posted:

So I wrote an article about how Tommy Morrison was actually diagnosed with HIV 7 years before the infamous positive test that ended his career: http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/exclusive-court-records-reveal-tommy-morrison-boxed-while-hiv-positive-for-7-years/

The Nevada Athletic Commission has known for at least 3 months but hasn't changed their requirements for how to get your HIV test for your license.

quote:

According to those in the combat sports community who spoke to LawNewz on background, there appears to be only one scenario of reasonable likelihood that would explain why Morrison would have “passed” his HIV tests for seven years. Hypothetically, if an HIV positive fighter found a “friendly” doctor willing to send known HIV negative blood to an accredited lab labeled as belonging to the fighter in question, that could result in a negative HIV test with the fighter’s name on it. However, we have no confirmation that is what happened in Morrison’s case.

The lawsuit that led to the production of these documents is a bit complicated, but here’s the barebones version: Patricia Morrison, the widow of Tommy Morrison, appears, an HIV denier, sued the NAC, Quest Diagnostics in 2014 for “diagnosing” her late husband with HIV. The Nevada Athletic Commission defendants and Quest defendants are trying to prove otherwise.

I didn't know HIV Denial was even a thing :psyduck:

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Just lol if you haven't come to terms with Manny's next fight being against Jessie Vargas.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

The SituAsian posted:

Just lol if you haven't come to terms with Manny's next fight being against Jessie Vargas.

Yeah, it's the perfect combination of in house option and no risk for Manny (and it's going to loving suck)

A Keith Thurman fight would be so loving cool :allears:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
Double post

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Manny's "comeback" is only worthwhile if people will want to see the fight. And NO ONE wants to see Manny fight Vargas. How do you sell a fighter that lost against someone Manny already beat two, arguably three times? If it's Arum in-house special then Crawford is the fight to make. Again I think it's too much of a win win for Arum not to make.

That depends on this weekend though. As good as Crawford is, there's always going to be fighters that are at least as good a boxer, or at least as strong, or as fast as he is. I don't know if hell run across many guys that match him in all three, but I think Postol matches him at least in skill and speed. Everyone has off nights.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

davidbix posted:

:staredog:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

davidbix posted:

The thing I get out of that is Tommy was a full on piece of poo poo. He was a legendary partier/guy who would pick up as many girls as he could around Westport long after he knew he was HIV positive.

DJExile posted:

I didn't know HIV Denial was even a thing :psyduck:

Imagine being an HIV denier suing someone about it after your husband has died from it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

The Ninth Layer posted:

Manny's "comeback" is only worthwhile if people will want to see the fight. And NO ONE wants to see Manny fight Vargas. How do you sell a fighter that lost against someone Manny already beat two, arguably three times? If it's Arum in-house special then Crawford is the fight to make. Again I think it's too much of a win win for Arum not to make.

this is boxing

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't think they would be bothering with a comeback at all if the intention wasn't Mayweather. Jesse Vargas isn't going to get him Mayweather, it's going to get him laughed at.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't think they would be bothering with a comeback at all if the intention wasn't Mayweather. Jesse Vargas isn't going to get him Mayweather, it's going to get him laughed at.

Don't underestimate Bob Arum's ability to feed us poo poo. We all remember Brandon Rios and Chris Algieri, much as we wish we didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the PPV tonight is sick

• Locked thread