Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

Check out the HA Goodman Twitter. It's hilariously delusional.

my fave is when he posts the same thing a half dozen times in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
I don't suppose anyone's been able to find a comprehensive debunking of the various vote-rigging conspiracy theories revolving around the Democratic primary? I find that people who believe wholeheartedly in them cling to a sort of gish gallop strategy, wherein whenever you challenge their facts on one supposed instance of vote rigging, they shift to another instance and argue that with so many allegations, it must be true! I've found Snopes articles debunking a few of the allegations (some of the stuff that's claimed about New York, or the Indiana thing where the news station accidentally aired a test graphic), but nothing more broad, other than general "the primary wasn't rigged" articles and thinkpieces.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
You show them the actual vote totals, polls, gotv articles, and whatever other facts you can find. If they think that wasn't real votes then they're probably full of poo poo so it's ok to outright call them out on their bullshit.

Same way you treat antivaxx douches: start with logic and reason then move onto ridicule because they're full of poo poo.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

DemeaninDemon posted:

You show them the actual vote totals, polls, gotv articles, and whatever other facts you can find. If they think that wasn't real votes then they're probably full of poo poo so it's ok to outright call them out on their bullshit.

Same way you treat antivaxx douches: start with logic and reason then move onto ridicule because they're full of poo poo.

The people I'm thinking of have resorted to "there's video evidence of people whiting out ballots marked for Bernie Sanders," so I'm at a bit of the loss re: logic and reason I'm afraid.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
You're free to do whatever since they're beyond logical arguments.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Quorum posted:

The people I'm thinking of have resorted to "there's video evidence of people whiting out ballots marked for Bernie Sanders," so I'm at a bit of the loss re: logic and reason I'm afraid.

Well, probably start with a request for this video evidence.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Quorum posted:

In that case, you might try responding with photocopies of your own rear end.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
Respond by asking if they're next to the totally real videos of Muslims cheering 9/11.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Quorum posted:

I don't suppose anyone's been able to find a comprehensive debunking of the various vote-rigging conspiracy theories revolving around the Democratic primary? I find that people who believe wholeheartedly in them cling to a sort of gish gallop strategy, wherein whenever you challenge their facts on one supposed instance of vote rigging, they shift to another instance and argue that with so many allegations, it must be true! I've found Snopes articles debunking a few of the allegations (some of the stuff that's claimed about New York, or the Indiana thing where the news station accidentally aired a test graphic), but nothing more broad, other than general "the primary wasn't rigged" articles and thinkpieces.

Most of them rally around this :airquote: study :airquote: done by some random student from Finland or something where he ran a statistical analysis on all exit polling vs actual poll results vs. polling before the election and found a discrepancy where all states with electronic voting while paper ballot states were closer to expected results.

I looked into it in good faith because one of my bernout friends was losing his marbles over it and within 30 seconds of digging into his numbers it was really clear he was either making poo poo up whole-cloth or citing numbers from other people who were making poo poo up. But because he pulled it all into a really large and impressive looking report idiots who don't know how to verify research bought it.

When I tried pointing out the discrepancies he said I just didn't want to accept the truth and was blinded by that oval office Hillary etc etc. It was the last time I attempted to engage any of them.

Necc0 has issued a correction as of 02:51 on Jul 17, 2016

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
exit polling is consistently garbage and only really useful for crosstabs though

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
gently caress it, make mine a perma

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
GOP can't help but poo poo itself.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Was the Hillary thread deleted? I can't find it.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

bhsman posted:

Was the Hillary thread deleted? I can't find it.

Got gassed. You can probably guess why.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Got gassed. You can probably guess why.

Yeah. :smith:

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot
Hey do I have a tag yet?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Princess Di posted:

Hey do I have a tag yet?

You need to permatoxx, if I have that right.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot
I permatoxx. Now give me da tag!:shepspends:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Princess Di posted:

I permatoxx. Now give me da tag!:shepspends:

Welcome to the winners circle.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

DemeaninDemon posted:

Welcome to the winners circle.

:shlick:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/immolations/status/750088625556189185

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
is alex jones challenging hacksaw jim duggan to a steel cage match

Mushroom Zingdom
Jan 28, 2007
Nap Ghost
Put me down for one regular Toxx, please.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

memy posted:

gently caress it, make mine a perma

I'm phoneposting, can someone tell me if I got a tag yet

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

comes along bort posted:

is alex jones challenging hacksaw jim duggan to a steel cage match

jim duggan graduated college

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afNOqwJrT8s

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

memy posted:

I'm phoneposting, can someone tell me if I got a tag yet

Not yet, due to the unknowable workings of the universe and totally not my having missed your perma back when you posted it. Nope, nothing like that I don't know why you even brought it up now let's never speak of this again.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So with tonight's interaction with Ivanka, is a Super PAC going to put together an actual ad about Trump wanting to gently caress his daughter, or just wait for the Daily Show to do their work for them?

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
Please sign me up for a perma / Hillary tag if they're still being awarded.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gyges posted:

So with tonight's interaction with Ivanka, is a Super PAC going to put together an actual ad about Trump wanting to gently caress his daughter, or just wait for the Daily Show to do their work for them?

Doesn't the Daily Show still do their "Trump Literally Wants To gently caress His Daughter" banner and jokes and all? Figure that's more than enough.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

ride, donny ride

e: oh hey they put that in the pic too, kudos to whoever

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

so it's gonna be hillary by like 4 to 7% I'm thinking

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Zas posted:

so it's gonna be hillary by like 4 to 7% I'm thinking

I am thinking more like 10%. I believe Trump has a hard ceiling at about 42 or 43, so it depends on whether people really are going to vote for Johnson/Stein or not. I think they will each get only 1-2 points.

We have a very unusually high number of undecideds right now, and I think most of those people are a hard no on Trump but have not yet come around to admitting that they will vote for Hillary, because she's not exactly the most likable candidate in the world.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

10% makes more intuitive sense to me, but I'm tempering that with the polling averages and the reality of partisanship and so on. if you look at the broad sweep of the polls, especially the 4 way ones, 4-7% seems very consistent except for that period in june where it was 10% for a while

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zas posted:

10% makes more intuitive sense to me, but I'm tempering that with the polling averages and the reality of partisanship and so on. if you look at the broad sweep of the polls, especially the 4 way ones, 4-7% seems very consistent except for that period in june where it was 10% for a while

The 3rd party candidates always poll higher than they end up getting though. It always looks like this is going to be the year for the Libertarians or Greens to get a noticeable share of the vote, and they always crash as people go into the voting booth and remember that Gary Johnson isn't winning poo poo so they might as well go with someone who could actually win.

I am kind of hoping that the Libertarians win Utah this year though. The poor Mormons can't bring themselves to vote for a hate filled orange lump, but they also can't bring themselves to vote for a Democrat.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zas posted:

Yea 10% would be my gut feeling but it feels like I should bump some points off just for the whole process of polling as a whole and the general weirdness

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

it'll be funny and cool if Johnson's % is larger than Hillary's margin of victory, especially in the big 3 swing states. of course Trump is so disliked maybe Republicans will be more forgiving to Johnson than Dems were to Nader. we'll see.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

obviously for the sake of downballots the right thing to hope for is small numbers for trump AND johnson, but it would be a nice consolation prize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I hope after this disastrous tea party run convention, the libertarians get over 15%

Im a real size queen for big Johnson

• Locked thread