Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'm doing the mountaintop poo poo and rift is so loving terrible solo. Most games were lopsided as hell. Took me hours to get the 5 kills with runner active, and got the last 4 only in the very last game where the other team lost 7000 to 20000

Well at least the next time I have to play it I can just AFK like an rear end in a top hat 4 times if the game starts making me physically ill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/CCey9Dw.gifv

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Lmao

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

"lol no"

star trek extra credit
Jun 3, 2007
Oh god I'm owned

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Rad

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Of course there are, but why should they get a nice clean lobby the 3 times a month they pop into the crucible while someone like me who pvps pretty frequently and is halfway decent has to deal with lagged out red bars on the regular?

they should and so should you, the red bar garbage sucks rear end, but I think a lot of the problems are due to the dwindling population rather than the dumb matchmaking. It'll be a bandaid fix when they change it, but if bungie shits the bed again with ROI, it won't go away until destiny 2. These mini content releases won't get tons of new players.

btw I took your advice to heart and its helped out a lot, averaging around 1 k/d, but considering where I was at earlier, I won't complain.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lyer posted:

they should and so should you, the red bar garbage sucks rear end, but I think a lot of the problems are due to the dwindling population rather than the dumb matchmaking. It'll be a bandaid fix when they change it, but if bungie shits the bed again with ROI, it won't go away until destiny 2. These mini content releases won't get tons of new players.

btw I took your advice to heart and its helped out a lot, averaging around 1 k/d, but considering where I was at earlier, I won't complain.

Dwindling player base is not an argument for more sbmm. Its a bigger reason just to put everyone in the same pool and doing it by connections.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

"Switch to hawksaw" is my fav part

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Dwindling player base is not an argument for more sbmm. Its a bigger reason just to put everyone in the same pool and doing it by connections.

eh I'm not arguing for more sbmm, just saying that the mm fixes are just a bandaid and they just plain need more people to play for a better experience.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

The Meat Dimension posted:

Edit: you missed the part where his Hung Jury reminds him of firing an M14 in his service days, probably reminds him of that great PVE jungle too

Charlie's in the trees with a Universal Remote!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

this is why I nominated you for new thread OP

goddamn lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:ughh: is the best emote

http://i.imgur.com/e7G9DpO.mp4

:madmax:

http://i.imgur.com/QcawyKH.mp4

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BlindSite posted:

Yes, SBMM might have helped the christmas kids not getting a load of A Gay Buff Man in the face, but semi regular people who were going to drop off after capping their characters at 309 were going to drop the game after seeing crucible was going to be too "unfriendly" as well. So SBMM, which was going to be a losing proposition, was even worse due to the bad timing.

If Bungie wants to shield noob they should make a playlist with bots, call it Shaxx's Kindergarten and then kick them out to regular crucible once they enter the second match.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

nah both of these woulda been better with jazz hands or blowing a kiss

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

So I suck complete poo poo with hammers.
Everytime I pop them I either get no kills because everyone decided to gently caress off, I end up flinging them at someone and expecting it to do some kind of aoe damage for a kill(it doesn't), or I just get killed immediately.
Anyone got tips on how to suck less poo poo with it?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

:five:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Everytime I pop them I either get no kills because everyone decided to gently caress off, I end up flinging them at someone and expecting it to do some kind of aoe damage for a kill(it doesn't), or I just get killed immediately.

Use it like blade dance or golden gun or any other roaming super. Get to where the red is all close on your radar, pop behind cover come out of cover with a slide or a jump and let fly.

Make sure youre using the perk that gives health on hit and explosions on kill and you should be good to go.

Dont pop it when theres one blip on your radar or when youre out of cover. Get in close with titan skate and then throw from mid range.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Yeah you have to hit them with the hammer. Learn the curves and flight path. It's hard but if you learn it it's an amazing super.

The perk that makes the hammer home in helps a little bit. And they do have a small AOE.

I can link some videos of me using hammers to great effect if you like.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Oh goodie. Xur is selling no backup plans

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Whammy

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Oh goodie. Xur is selling no backup plans

At least defenders have to get a kill before they become invincible, unlike strikers who show up to the fight with stupid damage resistance.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mikey-San posted:

It's true

http://i.imgur.com/AlmmuKq.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/mKx2CE3.gifv

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

Mikey-San posted:

http://i.imgur.com/oBWKsYF.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
also, xzzy, i found this old gif and you blamed lag :colbert:

http://i.imgur.com/SIhjtd1.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like the stupid way-too-late attempt to blink out of the danger zone.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also, always be knee sliding.

http://i.imgur.com/XF9yi5n.gifv

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
A chocolate lab at the dog park told me trials map is exodus blue this week. We'll see if he's a good source in 25 minutes.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Apparently if you are playing trials during the reset, matchmaking will put you into the following week's map. Exodus Blue was reported early Tuesday morning

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

el B posted:

Apparently if you are playing trials during the reset, matchmaking will put you into the following week's map. Exodus Blue was reported early Tuesday morning

No a dog told me

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

For the final sunless cell mission to get the exotic sword, can people join your fireteam who don't have the quest?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

No a dog told me

Did you give the dog a pat on the head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

actionjackson posted:

For the final sunless cell mission to get the exotic sword, can people join your fireteam who don't have the quest?

Yes!

• Locked thread