Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mp3 shafted one of the series' greatest features with cutscenes and constant forced brain codec calls. even as the weakest entry though ive still played and beat it like 12 times and wanna run it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

i like that metroid prime has a story that is completely optional

I love the super relaxed way Samus leaves the lumonth after saving their species and planet

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

mp3 shafted one of the series' greatest features with cutscenes and constant forced brain codec calls. even as the weakest entry though ive still played and beat it like 12 times and wanna run it again

There's one at the end where it's from an AU that got taken over by phazon that is really creepy and good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

MP3 being good despite all the idiotic Halo poo poo is proof of just how drat good those games are.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also liked going up to dudes and then going 'oh my god you're Samus Aran'

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

When I'm doing really well and I misclick once and mess up a run and it instantly fails me it feels bad. Song should keep going with a big FAIL on it or something

thats how it used to be in the older games

megamix is good but i dont like a lot of the changes they made to things, like perfects kicking you out of the song and having stuff locked behind currency. i also dont like that you have to play through new lovely versions of old games for the first 1/4 but i understand they did it to ease in people who are bad at rhythm games (even though like in what world is the very first karate man too hard for someone). i dont like that each song is scored based on if you can press the button frame perfect because that feels like the antitheses of what rhythm heaven games are going for. ive perfected every other rhythm heaven and i still dont have 100 in anything in megamix its too hard. also the goat pachinko game just sucks

but its still good because rhythm heaven is good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

absolutely anything posted:

megamix is good but i dont like a lot of the changes they made to things, like perfects kicking you out of the song and having stuff locked behind currency. i also dont like that you have to play through new lovely versions of old games for the first 1/4 but i understand they did it to ease in people who are bad at rhythm games (even though like in what world is the very first karate man too hard for someone). i dont like that each song is scored based on if you can press the button frame perfect because that feels like the antitheses of what rhythm heaven games are going for. ive perfected every other rhythm heaven and i still dont have 100 in anything in megamix its too hard. also the goat pachinko game just sucks

yea the package is weird and part of it almost feels like they started making a f2p game and then decided against it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/kokosac/status/756212538841313280

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

frank.club posted:

anyways i hope everyone buys 20 NES boxes so ninty will be encouraged to make a snes version

i know i will

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

frank.club posted:

anyways i hope everyone buys 20 NES boxes so ninty will be encouraged to make a snes version

they gotta put a longer controller cord on that thing

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bobnumerotres posted:

i like that metroid prime has a story that is completely optional

Much like Doom (2016) :twisted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

absolutely anything posted:

i onl y played the advnace rhythm heaven 69 yearsa go so its new to me

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't like colllecting rhythm balls even though theya're called balls, however. eSPecially since the 2nd train ride starts throwing games at you u have to buy . hey, i didn'b buy monkey watch yet. no fair

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
doom 2016 is a more linear more shooty metroid prime 3 with a bad doom veneer. its not a good doom game but i guess its not complete horseshit either

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i can't decide wether i like english study cheer better where they shout lets go read a bunch of books or the japanese one with okay donmai and hey you can do better

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

whats awesome about metroid prime is it still has that feeling of you feel like you broke the game or you found some incredible secret and theres a powerup at the end lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool because it has that feel the whole time and you think "well it's a modern 3D game that was too well crafted to have exploits", but then you look up http://www.metroid2002.com/ and have your mind blown

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

It's cool because it has that feel the whole time and you think "well it's a modern 3D game that was too well crafted to have exploits", but then you look up http://www.metroid2002.com/ and have your mind blown

its so loving badass... im in love with samus all over again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

its so loving badass... im in love with samus all over again

Once you get as insane as me and other you'll need to pick up a black label NA GameCube copy of MP1 and the original hardware so you can pull off the scan dashes, R jumps and ghetto glides. That's really living baby.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Early space jump ftw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/756143377779871746/photo/1

loll

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

what lmao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
free games own

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

free games own

not this one

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Is Metroid blast ball released for free on US eshop or just EU right now? Don't have my 3DS on me (#gamerfail)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you shouldnt download it anyway

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

goferchan posted:

Is Metroid blast ball released for free on US eshop or just EU right now? Don't have my 3DS on me (#gamerfail)

its free but it wont work once the full game is out

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
whys it bad ?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

me playing metroid game post metroid 2: metroids!? i thought they were extinct!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Metroid + Rocket League? Sounds pretty fuckign win to me.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

mysterious loyall X posted:

i onl y played the advnace rhythm heaven 69 yearsa go so its new to me

u should go back and play the other ones someday cause theres still good games they didnt put in megamix

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

metroid prime is okay but there's too much scanning things

scaning things is AWESOME. I 'd LOVE a spinoff game where you just played an administrator somewhere in the Federation or whatever and just scanned stuff the whole time.

Soral
May 30, 2009

imagine if Gone Home (2013) had a scan visor

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

me playing metroid game post metroid 2: metroids!? i thought they were extinct!

Metroid prime is pre Metroid 2 I believe. Chronologically

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

apparently Metroid Federation Force Blast Balls comes with a Federation Force demo if anyone wants to find out what that's going to be like

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

apparently Metroid Federation Force Blast Balls comes with a Federation Force demo if anyone wants to find out what that's going to be like

no thanks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

whys it bad ?

blast balls looks ok but the new Metroid prime game is a destiny clone on 3ds and looks not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

even ignoring all the metroid stuff i wretch immediately hearing "four person coop FPS on 3ds"