Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Yoshifan823 posted:

You assholes arguing about a racist blonde lady heiling American Hitler missed a minor miracle tonight. Alex Jones and Roger Stone crashed the Young Turks and had it out with Cenk.

I can't blame Cenk for this or anyone on that set.

If you're a liberal or a progressive? It's a been a poo poo week. Christ, I've never felt soul destroyed and that was just me WATCHING the drat thing. Imagine how bad it is to have been in the general area and to have interact with those assholes.

In walks Jones demanding a debate right there on set and acting like a confrontational rear end in a top hat. We've all seen how jones acts and boom.

I still like TYT quite a bit. I think INFOWARS is a loving cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

FuzzySkinner posted:

If you're a liberal or a progressive? It's a been a poo poo week. Christ, I've never felt soul destroyed and that was just me WATCHING the drat thing. Imagine how bad it is to have been in the general area and to have interact with those assholes.

In walks Jones demanding a debate right there on set and acting like a confrontational rear end in a top hat. We've all seen how jones acts and boom.

The thing that sent Cenk off was Jones holding out a T-shirt with a design like the Obama "HOPE" poster that had Bill Clinton on it and the word "RAPE"

Jones also called Ana Kasparian "Jihad Jane" and accused them of defending Saudi Arabia, which is a big lie since I have never seen a story involving Saudi Arabia that isn't critical of them.

Cenk was actually really close to getting into a fight with Jones at that point.

Damonic
Jan 17, 2006
Here's the video of the altercation straight from TYT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4pX53AqpUs

logger posted:

The thing that sent Cenk off was Jones holding out a T-shirt with a design like the Obama "HOPE" poster that had Bill Clinton on it and the word "RAPE"

Jones also called Ana Kasparian "Jihad Jane" and accused them of defending Saudi Arabia, which is a big lie since I have never seen a story involving Saudi Arabia that isn't critical of them.

Cenk was actually really close to getting into a fight with Jones at that point.

This video was right after. Cenk pretty much said he was playing along until he was handed that shirt and that's when he lost his poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e9MPx2hy5g

Damonic fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jul 22, 2016

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Not gonna lie, when Ben Mankiewicz stood up and whipped his jacket off, I thought he was gonna take a lunge at Jones, but he was just getting in between him and Cenk to make sure Cenk didn't do anything stupid. I think just about anyone would have lost their poo poo the way Cenk did if someone like Jones pulled that poo poo on them. Again, I'm glad Cenk had enough restraint to just scream and swear at him like he deserves to be rather than take the bait and swing at him.

Damonic
Jan 17, 2006
I loved it when Ana lost her poo poo, telling them to get off of their loving set! lol

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

If Alex Jones would have just stood to the side and requested (politely) to come on set?

I would BET money Cenk would have let Alex Jones, and Stone on set to discuss various political matters.

I think the rape T-shirt was classless, and saying mean poo poo to Anna was also classless. They had every right to be screamed off set at that point.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I like Cenk and TYT a lot and none of the stuff Cenk was yelling was false.

He had every right to be pissed off.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

What is this bullshit about Hillary giving a speech to the KKK? I keep hearing it from conservatives.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Let me tell you about Klan Great Wizard Ben Ghazi

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

beatlegs posted:

What is this bullshit about Hillary giving a speech to the KKK? I keep hearing it from conservatives.

It's probably something to do with either J. William Fulbright, Senator Robert Byrd, or some other thing from back when Bill was governor of Arkansas.

edit:

Just checked, and yeah, they're talking about Hillary Clinton eulogizing Robert Byrd in 2010 when he died. Here's his bio:

quote:

In 1946, Byrd wrote a letter to a Grand Wizard stating, "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation."[21] However, when running for the United States House of Representatives in 1952, he announced "After about a year, I became disinterested, quit paying my dues, and dropped my membership in the organization. During the nine years that have followed, I have never been interested in the Klan." He said he had joined the Klan because he felt it offered excitement and was anti-communist.[13]

In 1997, Byrd told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena."[22] In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision — a jejune and immature outlook — seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions."[23] Byrd also said, in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."[13]

So he was a member for a handful of years in the 1940's, filibustered the 1964 Civil Rights act, but ended up voting for the 1968 Civil Rights act. So he was a standard Dixiecrat that did the work to change his views rather than just change parties when the realignment happened.

He was late to the party on some modern social issues, but he should be respected for attempting to keep up with the times rather than shouting loudly while being dragged kicking and screaming into the future like so many conservatives do.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jul 22, 2016

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Speaking of the Klan...

https://twitter.com/DrDavidDuke/status/756334475223638016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

The KKK used to be bad and vote Democrat, but now they're good and vote Republican.

No, I don't know when that switch happened. Why do you ask?

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
If only Donald Trump knew who that guy even was.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oMP0IEsFx4

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I'm not a violent dude, but I would have straight uppercutted Jones. Cenk's a big guy, and Jones keeps touching him and patting him on the shoulders and jostling him and stuff. After the first time of telling him to stop, that's Simple Assault and he'd have a pretty clear case for self-defense.

I'm glad he didn't hit Jones though, if only because Jones would use it like some sort of badge of honor or 'proof' of his unrelenting bullshit, and his viewers would eat it up cause they're stupid babies. I'm banking on Jones to have been trying to bait him into hitting him, honestly.

robotsinmyhead fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 22, 2016

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Isn't Alex Jones one of those "the world is run by Illuminati Lizard Men" types you see on Coast to Coast AM and Ancient Aliens? When did he turn hard Republican.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

lynch_69 posted:

Isn't Alex Jones one of those "the world is run by Illuminati Lizard Men" types you see on Coast to Coast AM and Ancient Aliens? When did he turn hard Republican.

I think about the time he saw Glenn Beck on Fox and his eyes became Scrooge Mc Duck dollar signs. He's still crazy though, and probably more now than ever.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

lynch_69 posted:

When Obama took office.

He's not a hard Republican, which you can tell by his support of Trump early on, he's just indistinguishable from the fever swamp of right wing paranoids, the same way he was right there with the Cindy Sheehan crew being a Jessica Lynch truther and 9/11 truther when Bush was president.

Glenn Beck actually made a big deal fighting against the birthers, by the way, whereas Alex Jones never met a conspiracy theory he didn't like as long as it was against the current president.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

did Cenk acknowledge the Armenian Genocide?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I loving hate when people rip on Robert Byrd. Even the god drat NAACP loved him! He's the perfect illustration of how you can change your bigoted views, work to correct your past mistakes and try to help the people you harmed earlier in your life recover. He's exactly the kind of person we should hold up as a role model to people who are racist more out of cultural osmosis than conviction, he shows that they'll be welcomed by society if they sincerely work to better themselves and the positions of others in society.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
No! He's a flip flopper and only changed his positions because he's a crooked politician who's history is filled with inconsistencies and even dead bodies.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's been a poo poo week for liberals? If anything this has been like the best week ever for us

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
Pick something difficult. You know, hard to mock or whatever.
This is a good story about Milo and the alt-right in general.

https://medium.com/welcome-to-the-scream-room/im-with-the-banned-8d1b6e0b2932#.ngti8m4u9

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Good lord that's a bleak account. I'm with the journalist who just broke down at the end. That poo poo is hosed.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Levantine posted:

Good lord that's a bleak account. I'm with the journalist who just broke down at the end. That poo poo is hosed.

I'm more worried about the assertion that even Trump doesn't really have a handle on the hate machine he's using to propel his candidacy.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Keeshhound posted:

I'm more worried about the assertion that even Trump doesn't really have a handle on the hate machine he's using to propel his candidacy.

How could he? He barely has control of his own campaign. No, this is exactly the kind of thing that can spiral out of a smart politician's control. With trump its almost a certainty.

Trump is on track to lose the election, but if you think the looming specter of fascism that he's conjured is going anywhere after November I've got some bad news.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Trump has absolutely no handle on this. He probably doesn't even really understand his own popularity. He doesn't understand why the average white American is pissed being a rich member of the elite he supposedly is rallying against. Trump The Candidate is merely an icon that allows angry bigots to express their hatred publicly in a way that can't be easily criticized because he is representing one of the two political parties in the US government.

poo poo is going to get real ugly in November regardless of if he wins or loses.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 22, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Keeshhound posted:

Trump isn't the Shrieking White-Hot Sphere Of Pure Rage, he's just its current representative. One misstep too many and he'll be consumed by it as have so many others who tried to control its power.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

God drat, do I like how she writes.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Keeshhound posted:

Yeah, it's terrifying but I've felt that way all along. He's just riding the wave but he doesn't control the ocean.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Trump isn't the Shrieking White-Hot Sphere Of Pure Rage, he's just its current representative. One misstep too many and he'll be consumed by it as have so many others who tried to control its power.

It will be at once wonderful and terrible to behold.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
8 years ago, Sarah Palin more or less launched the tea party movement into a real thing of taking the country back, despite her and McCain losing. Trump will probably lose, but the ideas he's sowed are going to be around for awhile, and might create a new movement similar to Palin. We've had a black guy in the oval office, and soon we'll probably have a woman. Mad Whitey will continue to get more angry.

My biggest fear is that Fox News being under new management might have them consider going alt-right, and it reinvents them into a new thing.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

I'm not sure if this is better or worse than Sally Atwater, Lee's widow, saying Trump "reminds me of my husband."

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

seiferguy posted:

My biggest fear is that Fox News being under new management might have them consider going alt-right, and it reinvents them into a new thing.

In other words, you're scared that you(r friends) will start agreeing with Fox.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Keeshhound posted:

Trump wins or Trump loses. We're hosed either way...

No, not because Clinton is abhorrent, but because if he loses, this ball of white rage will go super-critical and the culture war will undoubtedly get violent. It might not even be the right that starts it, but moderate and left Americans who are sick and tired of having human decency portrayed as a character flaw.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 22, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

seiferguy posted:

8 years ago, Sarah Palin more or less launched the tea party movement into a real thing of taking the country back, despite her and McCain losing. Trump will probably lose, but the ideas he's sowed are going to be around for awhile, and might create a new movement similar to Palin. We've had a black guy in the oval office, and soon we'll probably have a woman. Mad Whitey will continue to get more angry.

I fear the day that the rest of the media begin supporting the alt-right as legitimate. We're already getting white supremacy as a campaign promise. If this continues, we'll see straight up Nazis become merely "controversial".

Trump has ridden the wave of something that will haunt us as a nation for decades to come.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am slightly more optimistic. I feel like the Alt-Right is destined to implode just like the Tea Party did. We're not seeing the rise of a secret underbelly of the American soul as much we're seeing a vestigial limb of modern society shrieking as it dies.

This is an ugly transition, but I think the transition is happening for the good.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Jurgan posted:

I'm not sure if this is better or worse than Sally Atwater, Lee's widow, saying Trump "reminds me of my husband."

Freepers are making that comparison with the Trump campaign chairman, I forget his name, but the one that said last night that Trump will win women because they can no longer live their lifestyles because their husbands don't bring home enough money to pay the bills any longer.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

McGlockenshire posted:

Freepers are making that comparison with the Trump campaign chairman, I forget his name, but the one that said last night that Trump will win women because they can no longer live their lifestyles because their husbands don't bring home enough money to pay the bills any longer.

Paul Manafort, aka Satan. I had to rewind when he said that to make sure I heard it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

McGlockenshire posted:

What stupid trust fund babies is he talking about? The lower and middle class depends on double incomes to even scratch at the toes of prosperity.

"We're gonna win rich women, that's right! Also we're gonna win fictional women from the 1950's! YEAH!"

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 22, 2016