Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Your Gay Uncle posted:

If you run past the giant lightning worm towards the fog gate there is a little beach that you can hang out on where the worm can't physically reach you. You just have to dodge it's lightning breath and the giant Aveline Ballista will take it out in 3 or 4 shots.

I agree that starting this generation the Souls games have leaned too heavily on the " You can't stand still in this area because you will be blown the gently caress up" levels. Bloodborn had the gatling gun guy, the Amygdala lasers and the frenzy castle. Dark Souls 3 had Smouldering Lake, the giant archer in the Undead Settlement and a few others. It's a pretty lazy way to cover up an underwhelming area. Most of the areas you can neutralize the threat ( You can turn off the balista in Smouldering Lake fyi) but by the time you do get them to stop you've most likely explored everything and gotten all the items you would want.

You can also become BFFs with the giant and then he shoots enemies instead of you. I mean I still agree in general, most of Dark Souls 3's areas were fairly underwhelming and most of the bosss were just kind of :effort:. I liked the gameplay best of the 3, but honestly I liked 2 more despite its issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Captain Lavender posted:

It's been forever since I've played it, but I feel like Pirates and Mount and Blade scratch a similar itch. Fighting progressively bigger enemies in the field, working on your relationships and budgets in the towns.

See also: the flash game Fishy

For real, and it's an aspect of games I wish came to the fore more often because it's something I really like. Something like that in a Bethesda game or something would be so good.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Absolutely. The concept is so great, and it's a sad thing that you have very few developers even attempting to make games like that. Mount & Blade is janky as poo poo, but it's also pretty much the only game within its genre.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

its always really bothered me that there's no way for the Lords to die in Mount and Blade so the game just ends up in a really farcical loop of you beating up and making friends with the exact same tiny group of people

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The framerate for Hyper Light Drifter is locked at 30fps, which makes the action feel like a headache, at least for the first hour. It's a shame too because many old-school action games where built from the ground up to be a smooth 60, like the NES Mario and Zelda.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Phlegmish posted:

Here's the thing, the same modifiers apply to the AI kingdoms, so about after a year in-game you will start seeing regular indictments and defections of certain lords due to low vassal relations. Those indictments themselves lower relations with the remaining lords, who also get pushed into dissatisfaction and end up defecting or getting indicted. It starts off a ridiculous chain reaction where you can end up with several lords swapping kingdoms every single day. The base game is basically broken because of this. It also seems like something that could be easily mitigated by tweaking some of the values, and in fact it's simple to do this with certain mods, so the fact that it still hasn't been fixed is baffling. It honestly makes me wary of getting Bannerlord.

My suggestion is to use TweakMB to change the values around to something that seems reasonable to you.

I've noticed this! I can barely read the menu options when I go into a town, it's covered up with indictment notices. I've looked for the lines to tweak, but what I've found is either out of date, or I'm just not smart enough to find them. Should find a mod for it - though so many of them won't let you carry over your save, from what I understand.

edit: I found tweakMB, we'll see how that goes
edit2: Went good. I made the max loss of relationship -1 instead of -5. should be able to cobble some friendly lords out of that

Captain Lavender has a new favorite as of 02:33 on Jul 22, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like Wolfenstein TNO but the game taking away your guns at the start of every level is making me absolutely dread replaying it, especially on the higher difficulties, which is a shame.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
I remember Xenogears having a pretty decent story when I played it back in high school, making up for the graphics which were lovely even for 1998. But goddamn, I started replaying it now and the dialogue is so much more awful than I remember. The translation is crappy and every theme is beaten over your head for line after line of inane dialogue. Not to mention everything about this game is loving slooooooow

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bug Bill Murray posted:

I remember Xenogears having a pretty decent story when I played it back in high school, making up for the graphics which were lovely even for 1998. But goddamn, I started replaying it now and the dialogue is so much more awful than I remember. The translation is crappy and every theme is beaten over your head for line after line of inane dialogue. Not to mention everything about this game is loving slooooooow

Just wait until disc 2 :v:

Cataclysm DDA, driving as a skill. Ok, I get that you need some skill to do some crazy stuntman maneuvers in a vehicle and I'm ok with that. What I don't get it is why the gently caress you need skill to not randomly lose your steering going 10 on flat pavement. Its not like you're fighting the wheel to keep straight while driving in real life, the loving wheel will go back to its neutral position by itself.

Also some skill demands don't make much sense to me, especially construction. I can make a tank with a water faucet at level 2, but I need to be 5 to make a wood stove? The tank requires 5 materials and welding, the stove requires 2 materials and a saw. Is it a balance thing? Cause I can make a stone fireplace at level 2 and all I need is 40 rocks and a shovel for the ability to cook indoors and not burn my house down.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Overwatch: Blizzard only knows how to make one '2 control points' map. And that one map is terrible.

The first point is only accessible by the attacking team by pushing through a chokepoint, with alternative routes only available directly after the first doorway that creates the chokepoint in the first place. The point itself is pretty hard to get tofor the attacking team if the defenders make good use of Bastion and/or Torbjorn, and Symmetra can gently caress attackers up pretty hard too. The second point does have several routes to access it that aren't the one big pathway through the center, but all of them are tight corridors and paths that mean that most of the fight for the point will be both teams shooting through doorways until the attackers can push through to the point itself; they'll find this difficult, because they have a much greater distance to cross to get to the point since the defending team's spawn room is right behind it.

All three maps with two control points are like this; Volskaya, Hanamura and the Temple of Anubis all have the exact same structure, with the exact same glaringly obvious design flaws that make it hell for the attacking team and heaven for the defenders. Hanamura is slightly different, but only in ways that make it even worse, by restricting one of its alternate routes for both points to only being accessible by characters that can cross gaps or jump trough high windows. Most of those characters would have a hard time taking that route, too, because they're making themselves an enormous target by using it.

And because Overwatch has no way for people to only sign up to specific modes, you have no way to say 'I'm not playing this mode because all of its maps suck'.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 08:34 on Jul 22, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

CJacobs posted:

I like Wolfenstein TNO but the game taking away your guns at the start of every level is making me absolutely dread replaying it, especially on the higher difficulties, which is a shame.

That's why I gave up on it. Every time I felt like I was just starting to have fun I'd have all my weapons taken away and have to start again. It's like they designed it to be frustrating.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Phlegmish posted:

Absolutely. The concept is so great, and it's a sad thing that you have very few developers even attempting to make games like that. Mount & Blade is janky as poo poo, but it's also pretty much the only game within its genre.

I saw an early access game recently, called Kenshi I think, that looks to be M&B turned up to 11, but I'm not sure if there's enough content atm in it to justify a purchase.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Captain Lavender posted:

I've noticed this! I can barely read the menu options when I go into a town, it's covered up with indictment notices. I've looked for the lines to tweak, but what I've found is either out of date, or I'm just not smart enough to find them. Should find a mod for it - though so many of them won't let you carry over your save, from what I understand.

edit: I found tweakMB, we'll see how that goes
edit2: Went good. I made the max loss of relationship -1 instead of -5. should be able to cobble some friendly lords out of that

TweakMB can also be used to enable things like being able to contact guild masters and village elders from the strategic map instead of physically having to walk through town playing hide and seek every single time (another baffling design decision). Additionally, you can make food last longer, things like that. I'd recommend exploring the different options and tailoring the game to your liking.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cleretic posted:

Overwatch: Blizzard only knows how to make one '2 control points' map. And that one map is terrible.

The first point is only accessible by the attacking team by pushing through a chokepoint, with alternative routes only available directly after the first doorway that creates the chokepoint in the first place. The point itself is pretty hard to get tofor the attacking team if the defenders make good use of Bastion and/or Torbjorn, and Symmetra can gently caress attackers up pretty hard too. The second point does have several routes to access it that aren't the one big pathway through the center, but all of them are tight corridors and paths that mean that most of the fight for the point will be both teams shooting through doorways until the attackers can push through to the point itself; they'll find this difficult, because they have a much greater distance to cross to get to the point since the defending team's spawn room is right behind it.

All three maps with two control points are like this; Volskaya, Hanamura and the Temple of Anubis all have the exact same structure, with the exact same glaringly obvious design flaws that make it hell for the attacking team and heaven for the defenders. Hanamura is slightly different, but only in ways that make it even worse, by restricting one of its alternate routes for both points to only being accessible by characters that can cross gaps or jump trough high windows. Most of those characters would have a hard time taking that route, too, because they're making themselves an enormous target by using it.

And because Overwatch has no way for people to only sign up to specific modes, you have no way to say 'I'm not playing this mode because all of its maps suck'.

And it's absolutely necessary, because given how often the defense gets rolled anyway imagine how it could be if they had to look at 2 different locations.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
Picked up Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell during the summer sale, and got around to playing it. It's pretty good; the flight mechanics are pretty fun, but their enemy and combat design choices seem to have hit a major problem. I'm fighting predominately red-and-black-themed enemies in a predominately red-and-black environment, so they're already kind of hard to see. It gets worse when your health gets low, because there's a lovely blur effect over everything. I don't know why they decided to handicap the player for getting to low health, especially since you gain health by killing enemies.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Nah, I just enjoy yelling at morons. It's very cathartic and if you ever find anyone dumber than you (unlikely though it may be) I recommend trying it out.

Maybe when you manage to write a post where every single point isn't poo poo, you can try it out for size
You can enjoy stuff while still being fully aware of what it is. Most games (that I play) are enjoyable garbage, same as most books or movies. Games, being more usually just straight up escapism are more prone to fall into this but on the other hand I'd also say that you can enjoy them a lot more if you really get into them.
I would say that actually, one of the most important things about videogames is how they allow you to vent and relax against both fake people and internet strangers rather than those around you. Though I do still sometimes feel bad about making GBS threads on internet strangers afterwards.

A thing dragging Yakuza 5 down; the interface stuff is still stuck in the PS2 era, with it having to save every time you change your options, repeated, slow prompts to pick things up and an inventory system that hasn't changed in more than a decade.

Trying really hard in online posts doesn't make you smart. In fact,

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

grate deceiver posted:

I saw an early access game recently, called Kenshi I think, that looks to be M&B turned up to 11, but I'm not sure if there's enough content atm in it to justify a purchase.

Yeah has anyone played this? The price is just a bit too high for me to buy it on a whim and the mixed reviews make me a little wary.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Deceitful Penguin posted:

On one hand, of course being dickish is the opposite of constructive when it comes to discussions

on the other hand do you really want to spend your life constructively arguing with people that take 20 hours to finish a 6 hour game that fine boilerplate deconstruction/subversions 'silly'

Have you considered that this thing called hyperbole exists and he didn't literally mean 20 hours?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

dads_work_files posted:

Yeah has anyone played this? The price is just a bit too high for me to buy it on a whim and the mixed reviews make me a little wary.

Oh I guess I bought that ages and ages ago and only tried it for half an hour. Maybe I'll give it another look soon, if I do I'll give a trip report.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

dads_work_files posted:

it's probably gonna be good but no don't play it at the moment. I got it in a bundle literally years ago before early access was actually a thing and it hasn't come on very far since then

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Nuebot posted:

You can also become BFFs with the giant and then he shoots enemies instead of you. I mean I still agree in general, most of Dark Souls 3's areas were fairly underwhelming and most of the bosss were just kind of :effort:. I liked the gameplay best of the 3, but honestly I liked 2 more despite its issues.

just curious, which bosses didn't you like?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Action Tortoise posted:

just curious, which bosses didn't you like?

Gundyr. People gave dark souls 2 a ton of poo poo for just being "Guys in armor with swords"and even with the low health mutation it didn't really seem any different. Vordt was just a matter of rolling away from his charges otherwise you could stand in his face and all of his attacks would miss you. I didn't like the Crystal Sage because I always hate stationary teleporting bosses, especially when they inevitably bust out fake clones no matter what game does it. Demon King was just completely forgettable, if not for his insta-kill explosion when he died I don't think he would have done anything of note he just feels like another stray demon retread. Dragon Slayer Armor is another boring fight and it's just shockwave attacks forever on a narrow ledge. Then there's the giant dragon :effort: I've never liked the dragons in dark souls so.

I mean my favorite souls boss in the series is the adjudicator so that's just me.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Pontiff Sulyhvan can suck a big fat bag of dicks too.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Nuebot posted:

Gundyr. People gave dark souls 2 a ton of poo poo for just being "Guys in armor with swords"and even with the low health mutation it didn't really seem any different. Vordt was just a matter of rolling away from his charges otherwise you could stand in his face and all of his attacks would miss you. I didn't like the Crystal Sage because I always hate stationary teleporting bosses, especially when they inevitably bust out fake clones no matter what game does it. Demon King was just completely forgettable, if not for his insta-kill explosion when he died I don't think he would have done anything of note he just feels like another stray demon retread. Dragon Slayer Armor is another boring fight and it's just shockwave attacks forever on a narrow ledge. Then there's the giant dragon :effort: I've never liked the dragons in dark souls so.

gundyr was the one i had to npc summon just to get some breathing room on my first game. carthus bloodring definitely helped me out with him and nameless king.

i don't mind the crystal sage boss, but i hate the one in the archives because it takes most of the level to get to the area where you can finally kill it, but by then you gotta worry about the other waxhead casters and the cursed books.

Nuebot posted:

I mean my favorite souls boss in the series is the adjudicator so that's just me.

:stare:

That70sShirt
Nov 13, 2015

CJacobs posted:

I can deal with needing to get new weapons each level. What I can't deal with are the stupid little chores you need to do between levels at the resistance hideout. I want to shoot the poo poo out of Nazis and Robo-Nazis, not do retarded mini fetch-quests. The game up until you join the resistance was freaking rad. Now I can't bring myself to play it.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Woolie Wool posted:

Have you considered that this thing called hyperbole exists and he didn't literally mean 20 hours?
When one of the actually valid criticisms of the game is that it is very short, hyperbole of that kind is still just dumb. It very rapidly spirals away from the cliché formula it initially seems to be aping, like the half a dozen other similar games published around that time.

So the idea of there being mood whiplash or a disconnect between the message and the game itself, when the game itself can be completed in as little as an afternoon just doesn't hold water.

On the other hand, what's silly or not is of course subjective, so ehh. Same with not being immersed enough in games to not feel bad about poo poo I guess?

ArtIsResistance posted:

Trying really hard in online posts doesn't make you smart. In fact,
:sad:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Aphrodite posted:

And it's absolutely necessary, because given how often the defense gets rolled anyway imagine how it could be if they had to look at 2 different locations.

Hollywood is a good map, I agree.

I've never seen the defense get rolled, on any map, without the defense being utterly terrible (and that's never been on the control point maps). What I have seen, constantly, is the offense being unable to even get two people to the first point because the first doorway can be turned into an unpassable grinder. And I've seen that happen on all three control point maps, and replicated it on two of them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

It's the music and visual design, mostly. Creepy laughing bird, weird honking music and you just descend that room and the fact that the weak point isn't actually the bleeding wound, but rather the bird is fun. :shrug: I really liked Gywn too.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
The real problem with playing on those maps in overwatch is most people don't feel comfortable pushing in unless they basically wipe the defenders at the chokepoint (which won't happen). Unless your team was outclassed from the start it's not so hard to win a 4v6 or something if you've got the right setup.

They end up being maps that feel impossible to attack until you reach a skill level where they become impossible to defend. No one at any skill level likes them.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Nuebot posted:

It's the music and visual design, mostly. Creepy laughing bird, weird honking music and you just descend that room and the fact that the weak point isn't actually the bleeding wound, but rather the bird is fun. :shrug: I really liked Gywn too.

it's not a bad boss, and i can see where you're coming from. i'm judging bosses by fights i enjoyed, like sif and nameless king.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

That70sShirt posted:

I can deal with needing to get new weapons each level. What I can't deal with are the stupid little chores you need to do between levels at the resistance hideout. I want to shoot the poo poo out of Nazis and Robo-Nazis, not do retarded mini fetch-quests. The game up until you join the resistance was freaking rad. Now I can't bring myself to play it.

Yeah, I am not looking forward to the 20 minute diversion of BJ busting his rear end looking for a hacksaw, and then fighting like 2 enemies and swimming through the sewers after he unceremoniously falls through the floor, then reclaiming the hacksaw and going back to the hangar to get a chunk of concrete from a wall.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Cleretic posted:

Hollywood is a good map, I agree.

I've never seen the defense get rolled, on any map, without the defense being utterly terrible (and that's never been on the control point maps). What I have seen, constantly, is the offense being unable to even get two people to the first point because the first doorway can be turned into an unpassable grinder. And I've seen that happen on all three control point maps, and replicated it on two of them.

I've only occasionally lost on the first point attacking the two point maps. And I'm not a hardcore FPS gamer by anyones definition, I'm at best "Okay", and I play with no mic mainly with pubbies on PS4. It sounds like you need to put in some time playing Winston to be honest; His leap takes him most of the way from the choke point to the capture point (or up through the windows on hanimura or volskaya, which gives access to a reasonably covered path to the point. Then you drop his shield (on yourselfwhen you hit the point, ideally). In my experience nothing breaks up a defence faster than realising that someone is taking the point anyway. And as they run back to deal with you, if your teammates are any use whatsoever, your team can push forwards. You will almost certainly die on the point, but K/D ratio means gently caress all in Overwatch so the win is more important. You can do similar with D.Va, but in case there are a bunch of Symmetra turrets winston is my preference for that. Or of course D.vas Ult just inside the choke point can be hilarious. Depending on what they have done to set up their defence Reinhart can be great (and his charge move has a suprising range on it).

I like playing the Tanks generally, but I've done similar with Pharah on Hanimura, leap to the window, juke left, round the back (grabbing the medkit) and then up the stairs to the side of the point. Or you can stand back at the bridge outside the gate and plink at the turret if they have been stupid enough to set it up in the doorway you can see from there, but usually they have set it up on the raised structure inside (or on the point) and standing plinking at a turret is possibly the only thing more boring than actually playing as tjorborn. Tracer can use 3 blinks to be some distance behind the defenders and so on. A lot of the Ults can be used for a push to get you through a choke used and timed correctly.

Of course, this is me in Quickplay mode, I've not bothered with the competitve mode because I'd probably have to plug a mic in and I just cant be bothered, besides as I mentioned I'm not great at the game and would rather be a useful member of a casual team than the weak link of a team taking it seriously. A co-ordinated team is less likely to panic because a gorilla got behind them, but on the flip side a co-ordinated attack would find it easier to push through.

My things dragging Overwatch down are mainly;

1) Its nice they have added a new hero and all (and shes not bad either, I cant snipe to save my life but I've seen her used well) but what they really need is some more maps or game types, something to give some variety. The "capture the central point" maps (the Nepal, China and Greece sets) have a whole bunch of real estate that almost never gets used as there is no real reason to leave the spawn and go in any direction but forwards until closer to the point. It feels like they were designed for use in deathmatch or kind fo the hill, or some other game type where the action spilled all over the map instead of simply being focussed in the middle. I really enjoy the game, but it needs more variety and I dont mind if that comes through another couple of maps or using the existing maps in different ways. Adding a new character doesnt mix it up that much because there were already a ton of characters.

2) Motherfuckers who cant get their head around the fact that your K/D ratio is meaningless. I'm thinking particularly of those times when you die on the point and are death spectating as "overtime" runs down... Only to see a Hanzo and a Widowmaker sniping from a ledge above the goddamn truck. All they need to do is press "forward" for 2 steps, touch the truck to reset the timer. They'd probably die quite fast but might buy enough time for the rest of the team to catch up and move the truck the last few metres for the win.

3) "We need a healer". Its probably confirmation bias, but I usually see that spammed by people who are one of 3 similar heroes (We dont usually need 3 snipers thanks) who refuse to play healer themselves. Or by people who have inexplicably decided to play as tjorborn while we are attacking Hannimura. I've put a decent number of hours as Lucio but if I'm the only tank and we have 2 reapers and 2 macrees in the team I'm not changing. They should change it so if you hit "we need a healer" 3 times inside 2 minutes you are immediately sent back to the spawn and changed to Mercy. Its been less of an issue the last couple of days because of people wanting to try out the new healer-sniper.

4) The boxes of disappointment. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyones player icon, so I'd be suprised if anyone has seen mine, they are pointless padding, not to mention the number of sprays I'm getting for characters I never play and will probably never play. If the gold for a duplicate was at least a decent amount that would be something, but its pretty pathetic.

SiKboy has a new favorite as of 02:48 on Jul 23, 2016

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

SiKboy posted:

3) "We need a healer".

I'd encompass this to anytime a player says the team needs a class. If they're so sure of what the team needs, they can do it. I'll give them a pass if they're imploring one of the three snipers on the team to switch, but more than likely they're not. Sometimes they're even one of those three snipers.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You should be legally required to say "but someone other than me" when you say "we need a healer" or similar, just to really drive home what a tool thing to say it is.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Action Tortoise posted:

it's not a bad boss, and i can see where you're coming from. i'm judging bosses by fights i enjoyed, like sif and nameless king.

Both also very good. I really liked the Ocieros fight in 3 because of the :wtf: factor it had going on with the invisible/imaginary baby.

Inco posted:

I'd encompass this to anytime a player says the team needs a class. If they're so sure of what the team needs, they can do it. I'll give them a pass if they're imploring one of the three snipers on the team to switch, but more than likely they're not. Sometimes they're even one of those three snipers.

Three snipers standing around saying we need a demoman to take out the enemy sentries. Everyone yells at the one pyro to change class because "pyro is a scrub class anyway". Thirty seconds later everyone is bitching and moaning about how no one's spychecking and that someone has to go pyro now. This exact thing has happened more than once when I still played TF2. I was always the pyro.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Autocorrect it to "I want a pocket medic"

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Nuebot posted:

Three snipers standing around saying we need a demoman to take out the enemy sentries. Everyone yells at the one pyro to change class because "pyro is a scrub class anyway". Thirty seconds later everyone is bitching and moaning about how no one's spychecking and that someone has to go pyro now. This exact thing has happened more than once when I still played TF2. I was always the pyro.

on fastlane i was moving up to the enemy's base when the door slid up and i looked into a room full of guys. i could hear one of them had the cowmangler charged up. on reflex i m2'd and killed like half the team.

lol at any sniper who can't take out the engineer as he's upgrading his sentry.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

CJacobs posted:

You should be legally required to say "but someone other than me" when you say "we need a healer" or similar, just to really drive home what a tool thing to say it is.

yeah they get a pass if they're the solo tank calling for a healer, or vice versa, but gently caress 'em otherwise.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Action Tortoise posted:

on fastlane i was moving up to the enemy's base when the door slid up and i looked into a room full of guys. i could hear one of them had the cowmangler charged up. on reflex i m2'd and killed like half the team.

lol at any sniper who can't take out the engineer as he's upgrading his sentry.

They never do. They always shoot the sentry. Then the engineer fixes it. Then they shoot it again. Forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Somfin posted:

Autocorrect it to "I want a pocket medic"

Another thing I hate about Overwatch: Mercy is designed such that her being a tunnel-vision pocket medic that ignores everyone but her target meatshield isn't just okay, it's the optimal way to play her. Her ulti is only helpful if a good few people are dead, and as the healer having 'a good few people be dead' should really be the dictionary definition of a failure.

Fortunately the game has Lucio, who's one of the best support characters I've ever seen, so it's not too bad.