Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Archaeology is in yeah. Looks like they hit all of their marks, at long last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Starbound? More like Starbad.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i did my three-part let's play of starbound as a novakid and that was last thread i think. through the years... ~

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

oddium posted:

i did my three-part let's play of starbound as a novakid and that was last thread i think. through the years... ~

It was terrific

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kris xK posted:

Starbound: Terraria just updated

It's funny because it's true

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

It's actually really fun and good and relaxing to play.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i believe it

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Kris xK posted:

Starbound: Terraria just updated

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Vib Rib posted:

Starbound: I dunno, it's not terrible? Well, not great. Better than it was. It's okay I guess.

Starbound: Better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. Not colored dirt, can't compete with that

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Starbound: Gimmie three steps mister and you'll never see me no more

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Wrist Watch posted:

All I'm saying is a guy tried to take a thing that already seemed to be on the right track and "improve" it, only to hilariously mismanage the entire affair and make completely unnecessary and nonsensical changes to the original plan the entire way. And despite the guy making outright stupid decisions constantly, he inexplicably has a steady fanbase who thinks he can do no wrong.

Well, these ARE the kinds of players who will read any unfun change Tiy makes on the Devblog, and make suggestions on how to make it even harder.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Starbound:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Terraria is actually going to update tomorrow
It's a small update that's mostly silly poo poo like bunnies with party hats but it also has a gameplay change: you will be able to choose between corruption and crimson on a new world if you have reached hardmode or if you import a hardmode world

Also, they will be having another update soon that will add more features to the underground desert biome.

Basically Terraria is still changing itself a lot with updates and adding new features that actually add to gameplay.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Acne Rain posted:

Terraria is actually going to update tomorrow
It's a small update that's mostly silly poo poo like bunnies with party hats but it also has a gameplay change: you will be able to choose between corruption and crimson on a new world if you have reached hardmode or if you import a hardmode world

Also, they will be having another update soon that will add more features to the underground desert biome.

Basically Terraria is still changing itself a lot with updates and adding new features that actually add to gameplay.

This update happened yesterday. There was a hotfix released for it today. It also added chest sorting.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
https://discord.gg/xMW2dNG

I've created a Discord server for the potential Starbound server that I may or may not purchase tomorrow. I'd like feedback on how people would like it run, what kind of mods they'd want to see, so on.

My idea behind this is that while I've put 198 hours into this game, and I've enjoyed that time, it was always single player. I don't want to be alone in the universe anymore. I want to have a multiplayer galaxy that is the main place where we play the game, instead of focusing on single player most of the time.

Come and talk with me about how to set up this server for a game that a lot of you seem to hate but I am certain that we can all have fun playing with.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
starbound is bad.

just wanted to say that again before the thread goes away.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

"seem to"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Starbound: [THREAD TITLE WILL BE COMING SOON]
additional, further titles will come thick and fast

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

starbound: symphony of the night 2

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that's a good one

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm actually just looking forward to people posting their neat builds again :allears:

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

voltcatfish posted:

starbound: symphony of the night 2

this has my vote

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Thirded.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Squiggle posted:

It's actually really fun and good and relaxing to play.

Yes, I agree. It took a long time to make and does a couple things I don't like though, so I guess I'm supposed to hate it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

You can do whatever you want, my friend.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Babe Magnet posted:

You can do whatever you want, my friend.

Except stack food :smith:

Seanzor
Mar 22, 2013

Eonwe posted:

Starbound:

This; it's the most shameful.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Crimson Harvest posted:

The endgame is the same as the midgame and early game. Pillage radically different but somehow extremely samey worlds for a resource you need.
Does it still have most worlds be largely unrelated to the world type once you get far enough underground and thus not really matter where you go?

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Wew that makes it sound like the main story is still short as gently caress and sidequests are shite. Considering that killing the next big boss was Terrarias' main driving force for most of the game, I hope it can at least match that (and chances are it won't. How many bosses did Terraria have? Like 23 or some poo poo?)

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Zereth posted:

Does it still have most worlds be largely unrelated to the world type once you get far enough underground and thus not really matter where you go?

I'm not sure if underground biomes are weighted for planet types. I didn't see anything that would indicate that. Surface biomes are less consistent (in a good way) so that a forest planet won't be strictly 3 or 4 types of forest, you might find some other surface types in there, but I have no clue about underground.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Will there be achievements? That was my main driving force in Terraria.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The unstable has them so yea

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

So... what if I'm the type of player who doesn't really care for customization of cosmetic elements? I don't really care for the drapes of my 2d pixellated house, or even my trousers.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Turin Turambar posted:

So... what if I'm the type of player who doesn't really care for customization of cosmetic elements? I don't really care for the drapes of my 2d pixellated house, or even my trousers.
At the end of the day it's just alternate universe Terraria. Do you want alternate universe Terraria or not? It's as simple as that.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
well that's not really a good comparison since terraria is good

unless you mean alternate universe in an event horizon kind of way where terraria cuts its eyes out, mutilates the hell outta itself, kills everyone and goes through a wormhole to the dimension of bad to reign as starbound, the lord of unstackable food

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Starbound: *annoyed sigh*

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Baller Time posted:

Starbound: *annoyed sigh*

This.

Also, anyone who likes starbound should be forced to watch Voyager.

I'm not talking about the whole show, just all the clips of 'there's a legend among my people' parts. In neelix' voice. On repeat. For as many hours as they enjoyed starbound.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Fewd posted:

well that's not really a good comparison since terraria is good

unless you mean alternate universe in an event horizon kind of way where terraria cuts its eyes out, mutilates the hell outta itself, kills everyone and goes through a wormhole to the dimension of bad to reign as starbound, the lord of unstackable food

And a bunch of goons surround it and scream "it's fine, we can fix it, mods will fix everything"

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
nothing a few pixel dicks and tits on everything won't fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

This.

Also, anyone who likes starbound should be forced to watch Voyager.

I'm not talking about the whole show, just all the clips of 'there's a legend among my people' parts. In neelix' voice. On repeat. For as many hours as they enjoyed starbound.

There's coffee in that nebula! now go get me a cup and a spoon and some loving coffee, it's a loving quest

• Locked thread