Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really like the cute little touches in Legacy of Goku 2 and Buu's Fury that flesh out the Dragon Ball World a little more, especially Goten and Trunks' dragon ball hunt in the latter

Go to a pyramid and fight mummies! Why the gently caress not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

goku already fought a mummy tho

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

goku already fought a mummy tho

wasn't that Yamcha who fought a mummy?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

a cartoon duck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVCTdHhOCgY

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

Yes, then lost, figures.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Petiso posted:

Yes, then lost, figures.

yeah i should have remembered Yamcha jobbing instead

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Yeah, and Roshi's nose + Bulma's tits beat the Invisible Man.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Don't forget Puar's last moment of relevance for Dracula Man!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I forgot it, actually.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
In the light of Video game talk, the older GBA game Dragonball Adventures is a great beat 'em up that goes through the Dragonball story. Loved that game, and after you beat it you can go through the game as Krillin.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Drowning Rabbit posted:

In the light of Video game talk, the older GBA game Dragonball Adventures is a great beat 'em up that goes through the Dragonball story. Loved that game, and after you beat it you can go through the game as Krillin.

This post is the understatement of the century. You can do far more than just going through the game as Krillin, the game has an absolutely massive list of playable characters from the first series, and even allows you to play as the minor enemies in each stage. Just check the list by yourselves.

Advanced Adventure is a great game and I fully recommend it. That said, play the PAL version. Unlocking everyone in NTSC is far more of a pain than it has any right to be.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The powerlevel system is verey clear, and absolute

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Who could this mysteeeerious warrior possibly be?!

It must be that dastardly Black Goku!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Time Patrol Bardock?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Purple eyes, a blue forehead jewel...god damnit, who let Cooler out of HFIL?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Goku used an ancient Aztec stone mask to become a flamboyant vampire. Calling it now.
Can't wait for the next generation of Ginyu poses.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

HGH posted:

Oh, so they're using THAT plotline from Dragon Ball Online?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

At this rate, Xenoverse 3 will have this thing!!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Has there been any word on whether or not there will be an Ocean Dub of Kai? Scott McNeil talks about reprising Buu and Piccolo almost as much as Dan Ackroyd kept pushing for a Ghostbusters 3.

I'm Canadian, so I grew up with the original Ocean Group dub, followed by the horrendous Android Saga where they shuffled the voice actors, and then stabilized with a pretty good dub of the Buu Saga when we got Kirby Morrow to voice Goku.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Raxivace posted:

Oh, so they're using THAT plotline from Dragon Ball Online?

It's unsurprising. The dialogue between Mira and Bardock in Xenoverse has the former make a reference to his mind control, so I fully expected Time Breaker Bardock in XV2.

I wonder if we're getting Time Breaker Vegeta as DLC. Probably not.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So will Bardock join the Time Patrol after being freed from the Time Breaker stuff? He's the only other guy besides Trunks that's ended up time traveling before right? (other than Cell)

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Hey gang it's your cool pal Johnny cocksville here to say once again that dragonballs is a bad comic and you should read and drink bleach instead

I like the raditz and frieza fights. Have not seen the new show even tho I am a gay for trunks he is very handsome

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

reported for saying someone should read bleach. That's too far man.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Let's all talk about GT again.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I just watched the one where Pan drugs the population into trying to poo poo out a bad guy that may or may not be named Baby.

I think i like GT.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

HGH posted:

Meta Knight?!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
If we're traveling all over causality and possibility, Dragon Ball Online is as fair game as the most obscure DB movie.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Online is where most of Heroes and Xenoverse got stuff from.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Half of Dracula posted:

Allow me to show you my fanfic of Vegeta turning super saiyan against Freeza

You can't do much worse than Supersonic Warriors did with the premise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYQRltuvAwc

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
20 seconds in and the premise is killing me.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Supersonic Warriors is the game where Piccolo uses the dragon balls to ressurect demon king Piccolo, then beats him up and fuses with him so he can defeat Buu, right?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

HGH posted:

20 seconds in and the premise is killing me.

I only watched about a minute and a half of the video but I'm going to agree that's some lazy asspull bullshit, having Vegeta go SSJ simply because Goku (presumably) died when confronting Vegeta on Namek.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Majinfoose posted:

At this rate, Xenoverse 3 will have this thing!!

Cellavos

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Kelp Plankton posted:

Supersonic Warriors is the game where Piccolo uses the dragon balls to ressurect demon king Piccolo, then beats him up and fuses with him so he can defeat Buu, right?

Yeah and he's lvl 1 to your 2 which is cool cuz otherwise it's always progressively harder fights.

My other favorite what if is vegeta going ssj after he kills Nappa. It might be the only time his character was a better sell than his actions. Blowing up to kill Buu was lame as HFIL.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Why would killing Nappa cause him to go SSJ?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

tsob posted:

Why would killing Nappa cause him to go SSJ?

Because he is Vegitas best friend, and the only living Saiyan thats not Goku? I will admit it is projecting future Vegita character development back into the past, but its not unreasonable.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
If he was a friend he cared about to the extent he would get emotional over his death he wouldn't have murdered him in the first place. He was his friend mostly because they were the last remnants of his species and worked together, not because he liked him by the looks of it. Him going SSJ over Nappa seems really stupid to me, since he never really acts like he values him.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Why?

He was A SAIYAAAAAN!!!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

tsob posted:

If he was a friend he cared about to the extent he would get emotional over his death he wouldn't have murdered him in the first place. He was his friend mostly because they were the last remnants of his species and worked together, not because he liked him by the looks of it. Him going SSJ over Nappa seems really stupid to me, since he never really acts like he values him.

I thought Vegita killed him because Nappa was crippled by Gokus attack? It wasn't so much murder, as pity. Like he was doing him a favor by sparing him the humiliation. Vegita knew Nappa had no future as a space fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

Because he is Vegitas best friend, and the only living Saiyan thats not Goku? I will admit it is projecting future Vegita character development back into the past, but its not unreasonable

You're making LOTS of assumptions there...fake ones, at that. At no point was Nappa a friend, he was Vegeta's lackey, and Vegeta very gladly murders him the moment Nappa can't contribute anymore.

Rutibex posted:

I thought Vegita killed him because Nappa was crippled by Gokus attack? It wasn't so much murder, as pity. Like he was doing him a favor by sparing him the humiliation. Vegita knew Nappa had no future as a space fighter.

This is a half-truth, Vegeta very clearly enjoyed murdering Nappa, and Nappa was asking him for help at the time of his death and was shocked at Vegeta's betrayal. There was no pity involved.

It's important to remember that early Vegeta was an absolute monster. When they hear about the Dragon Balls, Nappa's first instinct is to use them to revive Raditz, Vegeta shoots the idea down in favour of immortality. When a Saibaman fails, Vegeta kills it, something Nappa is very clearly shocked about. And then he goes and kills Nappa because he won't be able to fight again, while Nappa is desperately asking him for help.

How the hell did we get Vegeta as the good guy? Nappa was far closer to being good.

• Locked thread