Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Michael Scott posted:

What's with that stupid loving cartoon? I thought WL was supposed to be classy, low-key, and non-partisan.

Might have to do with Julian Assange being an egotistical moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

disjoe posted:

Trump's foreign policy. Bring back the Second Athenian Empire: you can pay us in cash or boats.

we're gonna build a wall, and Syracuse is gonna pay for it

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Maybe once upon a time it was? Now it's just Assange and his cronies flipping out and screaming about the corrupt US government trying to silence them. Because the sex assault charges that Assange is running from are really a Trojan horse to put him on trial for secret leaking, you see.

They also dumped a ton of Turkish emails sent to the government during the coup without reading any of them, since none of them can read Turkish. It's just tons of personal information of average Turkish citizens.

Wikileaks may have been good once. They're incompetent dullards now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RELEASE: 19,000 news articles sent to @dnc.org email addresses, and probably 252 interesting ones

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Get used to it, before too long sexuality won't correlate with any one party over another. Which is both heartwarming and also gently caress you conservative gays

zoux posted:

Get used to it, before too long sexuality won't correlate with any one party over another. Which is both heartwarming and also gently caress you conservative gays

Gays not lesbians; it's a guy thing

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
Trump is hitting up Japan for protection money now too

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is a pretty nice regional peace you got there. would be a shame if something were to happen to it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zeroisanumber posted:

Might have to do with Julian Assange being an egotistical moron.

He also can't keep it in his pants.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

doctor iono posted:

Trump is hitting up Japan for protection money now too

yknow Trump is basically someone that Ghost in the Shell: SAC would cast as the American president. so i guess hed better watch his rear end or else Section 9 is gonna get him.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

RELEASE: 19,000 news articles sent to @dnc.org email addresses, and probably 252 interesting ones

gdi, I was hoping for more drama.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Gays not lesbians; it's a guy thing

Yeah I think the GOP is going to lose women for a while after all this. I mean by all rights they should but who knows.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

J.A.B.C. posted:

A shitshow. That's all this was, a shitshow.

To be honest, I don't know how anyone takes this man seriously. He actually is a comic book villain, working with Russia, siding with North Korea against our allies, and willing to set the world on fire because of the fact that he got proven wrong about a dude's birth certificate.

I can't make this poo poo up. Manafort has deep ties to Russian Politics, advocating on behalf of Viktor Yanukovich. Newt Gingrich called one of our most reliable NATO allies 'a suburb of St. Petersberg'. Trump himself said that Korea would be unified if we weren't there, and has poo poo all over NATO and the security it provides not only to our partners but to world stability as a whole, including the price paid in blood by our NATO partners in Afghanistan and Africa.

That's even before the shitshow that was the convention. Plagarized speeches, meandering talking points, zero clarity on his plans moving forward, a literal televised court calling for the imprisonment of political rivals, and the worst, most dull and boring poo poo inbetween. It was the political theater equivalent of a trainwreck, with all the cars holding manure.

And his final speech was the primary run condensed into 75 min of rambling, meaningless buzzwords. Not a single moment of clarity, of realization. Just consistent banging on the monolith, calling for the blood of his enemies.

The scope of it would be awe-inspiring if it wasn't so nauseous. A petty feud writ large, outlined in tiny handprints and the failed birther movement, that threatens to burn the world.

gently caress 2016.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

cant always get what you want again

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

FizFashizzle posted:

cant always get what you want again

AGAIN why do they keep playing this song

is it the official theme of the campaign now?

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Truga posted:

gdi, I was hoping for more drama.

So far the only interesting thing is DNC people heavily rebuking (internally) Nevada dems for openly criticizing the Sanders campaign.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Isikoff/status/756504289569144832

oh my god why

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

that jumbotron has a really nice picture

I wonder who made it

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/756509235584856064

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

he mad

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

He just can't help himself.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/756509350181482498

Ah ha!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

paranoid randroid posted:

we're gonna build a wall, and Syracuse is gonna pay for it

We need to deport all Persians until we can figure out what the hell is going on.

Make Athens Great Again!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well? has hillary denied that she has 4 lesbian lovers?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

paranoid randroid posted:

yknow Trump is basically someone that Ghost in the Shell: SAC would cast as the American president. so i guess hed better watch his rear end or else Section 9 is gonna get him.

I already made a SAC reference about these cop shootings

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

zoux posted:

Yeah I think the GOP is going to lose women for a while after all this. I mean by all rights they should but who knows.

Reminder of what 2012 would have looked like if only men voted:

You're welcome, guys.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
So the US pays a bit more than other countries, but in return it gets leverage to coordinate economic policy. So a US citizen can get a Visa and do business pretty much anywhere in the world, and can set up favorable trade deals. And if the US doesn't want to do business with you, it can coordinate sanctions against you, like what happened with Russia after Ukraine.

Oh. Ooohh. Oooooohhhhhh.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

I'm so happy that Trump made it through the convention as the nominee. He has no reason to hold back now.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Oswald bit is even worse in context.

https://twitter.com/JGreenDC/status/756507351667007489

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

showbiz_liz posted:

You're welcome, guys.

:negative:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pence has been Christied

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/756510166003150848

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Is this him letting loose after being forced to stick to a script for over an hour last night? Sure looks that way.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

showbiz_liz posted:

You're welcome, guys.

looks like peter thiel was right

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Eonwe posted:

well? has hillary denied that she has 4 lesbian lovers?

I wonder what % of the electorate would be MORE likely to vote for her if this turned out to be true.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Wasn't Pence an enthusiastic endorser of Cruz?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

showbiz_liz posted:

You're welcome, guys.

West coast best coast

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Mitt Romney posted:

Wasn't Pence an enthusiastic endorser of Cruz?

https://twitter.com/mike_pence/status/726125504231657473

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tayter Swift posted:

that jumbotron has a really nice picture

I wonder who made it

These guys: http://www.ancsports.com/

So... hard to tell if it was US made or they contracted someone else out to do it.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

At work at the moment, so what is Trump supposed to be talking about now?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
e: already posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

showbiz_liz posted:

You're welcome, guys.

That's....actually way less harsh on the dems that I would have expected, namely CO and NM still being blue. Lol @ MN being red though o.o

• Locked thread