Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Luigi Thirty posted:

I bet Bryan on WOL $10 to MSF that Finn wouldn't be called up today. He said he'd pay $100 if he wasn't, and then said he'd pay $100 either way. Hooray! :toot:

And in a perfectly Bryan moment, he misunderstood/didn't know what MSF was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I love that Bill Watts does an amazing job completely roasting his career. Totally forgot Wade Keller is gay, which is just the topper to this shitcake.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

BlueArmyMan posted:

And in a perfectly Bryan moment, he misunderstood/didn't know what MSF was.

"The Multiple Sclerosis Foundation, I guess?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

"The Multiple Sclerosis Foundation, I guess?"

Speak English, Frenchie.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just listened to Talk is Jericho's Talking Shop edition having never listened to Talking Shop before and that was funny but totally exhausting to listen to. I have a similar group of friends I'm a part of and all four of us do the same constant interruption and joke/impersonation stuff and even in real life that drains the hell out of me. The waiting for your chance to talk thing had to be driving Jericho insane, I was doing a Milhouse-style "when are they going to get to the Muhammad Hassan story" in my head for like 20 mins

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Dave putting over Rush/Park strong :unsmith:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Aesop Poprock posted:

I just listened to Talk is Jericho's Talking Shop edition having never listened to Talking Shop before and that was funny but totally exhausting to listen to. I have a similar group of friends I'm a part of and all four of us do the same constant interruption and joke/impersonation stuff and even in real life that drains the hell out of me. The waiting for your chance to talk thing had to be driving Jericho insane, I was doing a Milhouse-style "when are they going to get to the Muhammad Hassan story" in my head for like 20 mins

HOO-san

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Spermgod posted:

Dave putting over Rush/Park strong :unsmith:

roosh

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Dave calls Tama Tonga "Tamma" on the same podcast where he calls Rush "Roosh" there's no consistency!!!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Super No Vacancy posted:

Dave calls Tama Tonga "Tamma" on the same podcast where he calls Rush "Roosh" there's no consistency!!!

Tammy tanga always gives the Brother Price

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Crystal Tonga and his brother Crystal Tonga Lite

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Speak English, Frenchie.

I'm guessing Multipel Sclerozis Fondation in US-English?

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
I'm thinking of subscribing to PodcastOne for a month to get at all the old Austin and Jericho shows. If I do this will I be able to download the episodes forever or can I only stream them from their site?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aesop Poprock posted:

That bit at the start where they say Rocky Romero wants them to keep it at 30 minutes is actually accurate to the old MLW version of the show. Rocky insisted they keep it at or about 30 minutes because he knew it was too much otherwise. I didn't mind this extra long one because it was a reunion but for the most part I always appreciated the half hour time limit. There were exceptions of course, sometimes they'd really be warming up to a subject and things were getting interesting when they'd suddenly cut off, but more often than not it's been 30 minutes of CAWWWWK TORRRRRR-CHA-RAHS! and back-and-forth "Hell yeah, man"s.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Jerusalem posted:

That bit at the start where they say Rocky Romero wants them to keep it at 30 minutes is actually accurate to the old MLW version of the show. Rocky insisted they keep it at or about 30 minutes because he knew it was too much otherwise. I didn't mind this extra long one because it was a reunion but for the most part I always appreciated the half hour time limit. There were exceptions of course, sometimes they'd really be warming up to a subject and things were getting interesting when they'd suddenly cut off, but more often than not it's been 30 minutes of CAWWWWK TORRRRRR-CHA-RAHS! and back-and-forth "Hell yeah, man"s.

HEH HELL YEAH MAN!

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Anybody got a link to that LA Park match Dave was raving about today?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

magnum_valentino posted:

I'm thinking of subscribing to PodcastOne for a month to get at all the old Austin and Jericho shows. If I do this will I be able to download the episodes forever or can I only stream them from their site?

Pretty sure you can download them forever. They just have a lot of episodes for almost all their shows and felt people would pay for the archives

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Call Me Charlie posted:

Anybody got a link to that LA Park match Dave was raving about today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_31g1QCwN0

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
It's so bizarre seeing the WCW La Parka become a fat brawler but goddamn it's entertaining.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He was always a fat brawler!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/755816452385484800

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

mkay0 posted:

Dave defending Steph's horrible interruptions was just so, so amazing.

Steph desperately claiming the fans cheered for her one time was funny, though.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Bryan still doesn't remember which former Prime Time Player The Miz is feuding with.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Muddy Burphy posted:

Bryan still doesn't remember which former Prime Time Player The Miz is feuding with.

He's also not noticed that both mid-card challengers are on the opposite show to the champion, so I almost expect both those to change hands.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Dave seemed upset that WADA/USADA would tell fighters they have drug tests that they don't to deter usage. I don't really get his point on that, it seems like a pretty drat good idea to me.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Andy Dufresne posted:

Dave seemed upset that WADA/USADA would tell fighters they have drug tests that they don't to deter usage. I don't really get his point on that, it seems like a pretty drat good idea to me.

I haven't listened to it yet but I agree with you. If I was doing drug testing I'd call fighters up and say I was on the way for shits all the time.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Whats his opposition to it? That along with unannounced tests are two of the best things that WADA/USADA do to make their limited resources go a long way.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Gaz-L posted:

He's also not noticed that both mid-card challengers are on the opposite show to the champion, so I almost expect both those to change hands.

I'm nearly certain they mentioned this in the B&V(&C) show yesterday

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

100% on board with Bryan and Filthy Tom's Mean Dude/Fat Guy Classic tournament for big boys

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Skinty McEdger posted:

Whats his opposition to it? That along with unannounced tests are two of the best things that WADA/USADA do to make their limited resources go a long way.

He didn't really give a reason, his tone just sounded like he was complaining... like maybe it's unfair or something. The only argument I could understand is that if the fighters are all taking poo poo in the same way to level the playing field, it's no longer level when half of them are willing to risk that there isn't a new test and half of them aren't. I don't think that's it because I've never seen Dave make the old "evening the playing field" argument from cycling.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

It may just be an irritation at the fact that by doing so, they discredit themselves. Future claims made about such things are less likely to be taken seriously, meaning whether doing this works the first time is relatively immaterial as users will likely not fall for it a second time. Only positive tests will convince users from that point on.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I mean the one argument that gets put out a lot from people who don't understand how the system works is that "the athletes end up wasting their time" which isn't accurate at all. The athletes have to give advance notice of where they'll be at a certain hour of every day and then be available to be tested at any time during that hour, but you can literally only be tested during that window. The fake test announcements is just to confirm someone is where they claim to be, and to stop people from gaming the system causing them to not be there when a tester actually does arrive.

It's a really good system and it works.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Muddy Burphy posted:

he'd have to watch the show to know

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dxUKdKY4NY

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
RIP Pisscast

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

flashy_mcflash posted:

100% on board with Bryan and Filthy Tom's Mean Dude/Fat Guy Classic tournament for big boys

Luckily, this is currently ongoing already thanks to nL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-aBU5_nbf0

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Bayley is on Jericho's podcast today :3:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
RIP Bret Hart's podcast:
https://twitter.com/TJDeSantis/status/755593374191591424
https://twitter.com/TJDeSantis/status/755597375461142528

No more SharpshooterFunding.com jingle :-(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/robschamberger/status/756881579851468800

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Disgraceful that Dave gets himself into the hall before Sting.

• Locked thread