Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

gradenko_2000 posted:

Implying that Hillary Clinton is poo poo.

One is the 3 day diarrhea from bad Chinese food buffet and the other is that poo poo that just won't come out.

I'll take the latter easily but they're both awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Lessail posted:

That just makes it look like the picard emote is dumb as gently caress :shobon:

You walk two miles before noon and come up with perfect analogies mr. tough guy. :colbert:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Uranium Phoenix posted:

This is also fascinating to me. People in this thread are going apeshit about votes, and yet, Hilary's vote for a horrifying war that led to even worse things is dismissed as something that doesn't matter. Which is it?

Have you been deceived by the authorities to believe that Trump is actually a great guy and it won't be terrible if he wins?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

MariusLecter posted:

You walk two miles before noon and come up with perfect analogies mr. tough guy. :colbert:

It still works just not how you wanted it to! A Good Analogy

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Yinlock posted:

I admitted that I have no idea why someone would let Trump take power. So after your deep and involved research, you figure that letting a fascist rule the country would be better than voting for Hillary.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

"We may have a fascist president but I stood on my moral high ground" ~ you in November

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It's stupid posturing.
Scumbags, and I didn't. I said, outright, they're idiots. Idiots free to vote for whoever they want, but let's stop pretending its anything other than idiotic posturing.

Spiritus Nox posted:

The current Democratic candidate aligns with my personal policy of don't be an actual goddamned Nazi, Jesus Christ
Again, this sort of poo poo has never convinced anyone of anything.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Nitrousoxide posted:

One is the 3 day diarrhea from bad Chinese food buffet and the other is that poo poo that just won't come out.

I'll take the latter easily but they're both awful.

Oh I love the edgy "both sides are really bad, let me pull my lever for Gary loving Johnson" dude lecturing us.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Uranium Phoenix posted:

This is also fascinating to me. People in this thread are going apeshit about votes, and yet, Hilary's vote for a horrifying war that led to even worse things is dismissed as something that doesn't matter. Which is it?

Listening to the two candidates, it seems that Trump at least would be less likely to involve us in military adventures overseas.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Uranium Phoenix posted:

I am not trying to convince you of anything, because you're pretty clearly not open to being persuaded.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

greatn posted:

I don't think "opposite guy is bad" is ever a more compelling argument than "this person is pretty good"

Then you're a fool

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uranium Phoenix posted:

I don't think you're convinceable, because there is no standard by which Trump could be a better president than Hillary, even if everything he says about her is true

This is what voting entitlement looks like, by the way.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Implying that you were capable of being convinced.

Listen, if a guy running on a platform of "Dropping the Crypto from Cryptofascism" doesn't convince you, nothing will.

You're just looking for a reason to justify making a terrible choice. And you chose because people weren't respectful of your ignorance.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Armyman25 posted:

Listening to the two candidates, it seems that Trump at least would be less likely to involve us in military adventures overseas.

Uh, did you miss that he said were going STOP ISIS with Military Action?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Right, because people like you have already made up your mind so there's no convincing you.

Edit: ^^^^^^^ lol I'm so late

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Crying about how people are being unfair to the poor fascist supporters also doesn't help much, but it hasn't seemed to stop you.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Armyman25 posted:

Well, you're obviously not listening to either candidate then.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Uh, did you miss that he said were going STOP ISIS with Military Action?

So you're saying that the current administration isn't already doing that?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I don't care what you guys say, Bush and Gore are both equally as bad, so I'm voting for Nader.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Uranium Phoenix posted:

It matters. It was a mistake and she regrets it. She bears some responsibility, a lot less than the administration that pushed the war and lied about it to get congress to authorize it. But it's only one issue, and frankly, one she's a lot more qualified to try to fix than her opponent.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

I don't care what you guys say, Bush and Gore are both equally as bad, so I'm voting for Nader.

Literally me in 2000.

There actually wasn't a candidate in the primaries this year that either 1) consistently opposed the Iraq war or 2) consistently voted against measures to fund and extend it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Guys i'm not sure about this choice between a businesswoman and a man saluting a golden swastika while promising to purge the country of undesirables, maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Counterpoint - me

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Armyman25 posted:

So you're saying that the current administration isn't already doing that?

He's talking about glassing the middle east, not anything near our current levels of military intervention, dude. It's not even loving comparable.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Armyman25 posted:

Until they insulted his hand size. But "less likely to involve us in overseas adventures" is an interesting way to phrase "will abandon NATO allies immediately while promising to glass the Middle East and commit actual 100% war crimes" sure.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jul 22, 2016

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

He's talking about glassing the middle east, not anything near our current levels of military intervention, dude. It's not even loving comparable.

As opposed to Hillary, who called for regime change in Syria during one of the policy debates with Sanders?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Like I fully understand that there's a lot of nuance to many political situations, but this is really not one of them.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

You see stepped up involvement with a handful of special forces is the exact same as nuclear war because...

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Also, Bernouts, this is what disparaging your primary opponent looks like...

but sure, I guess surrendering the decision on who could replace her as president is totally the same thing

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Armyman25 posted:

As opposed to Hillary, who called for regime change in Syria during one of the policy debates with Sanders?

Your right, Trump is better, because I think his policy of "if someone invades a NATO country we'll think about supporting them if they pay us enough $$$$$$$" is good and smart

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Then vote for Jill Stein and shut the gently caress up.
Please don't be rude.

See, this sort of poo poo I just don't understand. Do you want to understand why someone might not like Clinton so you can convince more people to vote for her? Or do you just want to prance about on what you think is the moral high ground and feel good about your righteous indignation? I guess I could go away and you could return to your circlejerk of only talking to people who agree with you, but I don't really think that's productive or very interesting to read, really.

zoux posted:

So what is your justification for not voting for the person opposing the literal fascist? Do you think that Trump's potential harm has been overstated?
I'll work on an effortpost to try and explain it.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
The rnc just had 4 straight days of telling america they lust for brown death like where have people been. Trump wants operation pound dirt forever.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Uranium Phoenix posted:

One of the problem Clinton supporters seem to have is that they have no idea why people wouldn't want to vote Clinton, and seemingly no conception of political action beyond voting. When you dismiss broad, diverse groups of people's reasons for disliking a candidate as "reasons you can't elucidate and can't admit are emotional in nature," you're talking out of your rear end. Plenty of people have been talking about why they dislike Clinton (for several threads), and explained reasons that have nothing to do with emotional reactions. If you aren't going to bother to respond to what people are actually saying, you can continue to convince absolutely no one of your ideas.

people have been poo poo talking clinton for a very long time, and most if not all of it is baseless. i remember learning anti-hillary political jokes in elementary school, as kids just repeated what their dads would rant about around the dinner table. at this point i'm so fatigued with anti-hillary outrage that i just chalk up any complaints to baseless whining and i don't care if any person is convinced or not about her guilt or innocence, i just tune all that stuff out like i do so many other dumb theories or poltical nonsense. "i don't trust clinton" is basically the same as "i dont trust mexicans" to me :shrug:

Uranium Phoenix posted:

See, this sort of poo poo I just don't understand. Do you want to understand why someone might not like Clinton so you can convince more people to vote for her? Or do you just want to prance about on what you think is the moral high ground and feel good about your righteous indignation? I guess I could go away and you could return to your circlejerk of only talking to people who agree with you, but I don't really think that's productive or very interesting to read, really.

vote for her or dont, your vote doesn't matter in the long run and the only thing more tedious then getting to the core of why people don't trust hillary is people loudly proclaiming why they need to be personally disabused of their elemental distrust of hillary

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Please don't.

https://twitter.com/elliosch/status/756512997066113024

Help, I'm too woke to see a difference in the candidates!!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Armyman25 posted:

Regime change in Syria is our current administration policy which is a wee bit different from starting WW3. But what are details!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Don't blame me, I voted for Harambe in the primaries.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Please don't be rude.

Lmao I'm super looking forward to this. "It's not that I'm a horrific authoritarian racist, honest! I just support the guy all the other authoritarian racists support, completely coincidentally!"

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

I don't think you're convinceable, because there is no standard by which Trump could be a better president than Hillary, even if everything he says about her is true

This is what voting entitlement looks like, by the way.

He's this guy:

http://everydayfeminism.com/2016/06/what-not-voting-really-means/

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 22, 2016

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Also I am one of the BernieBros that was convinced to vote HRC rather than let Actually Hitler Reincarnated win. I may even volunteer because I feel I need to do everything I can to stop him.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Yinlock posted:

Guys i'm not sure about this choice between a businesswoman and a man saluting a golden swastika while promising to purge the country of undesirables, maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle?

This is a fair and moral stance.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
If Sanders had won I'd be pulling the lever with both hands. But he didn't, so Hillary it is.

I've actually become more amenable to her as time went on, because her negative image seems to be constructed entirely of poorly-thought out memes and I don't particularly like the people spouting them from either side of the political aisle. On the right there's an entire thriving industry constructed to paint her as everything everyone hates forever, and on the left there appears to be a ghastly parade of the spectres of myself when I was nineteen.

She's a triangulator and talks like you need to deposit 25 cents into a slot somewhere to get a new paragraph out of her, but beyond that I have no idea how much of the negativity surrounding her is true and how much is nonsense ginned up by idiots. Trump, on the other hand, makes his horrific behavior into a selling point. It's not a difficult choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Please don't be rude.

Oh, please get down off the cross. We've got other people who want to take a turn.

But if you want to make a post about why you actually don't want to support Clinton instead of making unreasonable demands, go ahead. I'll listen.

• Locked thread