Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

RubberLuffy posted:

I'm more concerned with Josuke's face

Seriously, someone completely botched his jawline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Holy poo poo here comes that boy

Also what happened to Koichi's faaaaace

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
My favorite parts of SBR are hands down when Gyro performs a stupid joke or a really terrible song for Johnny and Johnny loves it. They're a couple of goofballs and I love them for it.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Johnny is being sarcastic

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i will never believe this, it is not true

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

It's at least true that they're a couple of lovable goofballs.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

There's like one time when gyro turns the tables on him, outofcontextjojo had it up yesterday. Johnny is talking about how useful his nails are and gyro is like "that's great okay anyway onto something actually important"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Johnny can use his nails to grate cheese, eat spaghetti and brush his teeth, Gyro's jealously was the furthest thing from sarcasm, that's rad as hell

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/marion_ville/status/755789325699211264

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It ended exactly as you'd expect.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm pretty sure he's not voiced by Rikiya Koyama, but he sounds great and looks amazing. Harvest is 2

Kira Yoshikage: Tomoyuki Morikawa
吉良吉影:森川智之

Voiced by ASB/EOH Diavolo.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 22, 2016

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Moltrey posted:

Johnny can use his nails to grate cheese, eat spaghetti and brush his teeth, Gyro's jealously was the furthest thing from sarcasm, that's rad as hell

I just read this. Gyro and I are both extremely jealous of Johnny.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm pretty sure he's not voiced by Rikiya Koyama, but he sounds great and looks amazing. Harvest is 2

Kira Yoshikage: Tomoyuki Morikawa
吉良吉影:森川智之

Voiced by ASB/EOH Diavolo.
My beautiful boy has finally come home. Shame about not having his ASB/EoH voice and I cannot remember Diavolo's for the life of me.

I feel like it's just this shot but his face looks a tad odd, but it's totally fine cause holy poo poo did Kira look weird in his first appearance. Just this weird gaunt boneman

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Plus 1 for making Kira's theme sound somewhat like the opening bars of Killer Queen.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Thimgs I like about Lucy Steel: normal woman willing to take on Stand users to protect herself, and Steven(i guess.) She's doing a good job just using her wits so far.

Things I don't like: why is she 14, Araki? Why is every dude(and now First Lady) except Gyro creeping on her? Goddamnit, Araki.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

no they will not posted:

Johnny is being sarcastic

Moltrey posted:

i will never believe this, it is not true

They're best friends, what are best friends for if not to sarcastically no-sell the stupid song you made up or nervously confessing your bug bite fetish to.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Yeah, I like her and Hayato Kawajiri because they're both normal people with no superpower but is able to outwit stand users on multiple occasion.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This volume doodle is superb. Kira Yoshikages are all great.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Llab posted:

Thimgs I like about Lucy Steel: normal woman willing to take on Stand users to protect herself, and Steven(i guess.) She's doing a good job just using her wits so far.

Things I don't like: why is she 14, Araki? Why is every dude(and now First Lady) except Gyro creeping on her? Goddamnit, Araki.

I think Araki Forgot (TM)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I know that Josuke, Okuyasu and Shigechi's Scam The Bank And Commit Crimes adventures is really good, but fuuuuuck do I not want to wait three more weeks for Yoshikage Kira Just Wants A Quiet Life goddamn

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

I think Araki Forgot (TM)

nah. lucy is married to mr. steel because of some thing where her dad was about to get her sold into prostitution. he rescued her from that fate via a fake marriage because she rescued him (i forget how exactly, it's been a while). the attitudes towards lucy are obviously supposed to reflect the attitudes towards women (specifically young women) during that time period.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Moltrey posted:

I know that Josuke, Okuyasu and Shigechi's Scam The Bank And Commit Crimes adventures is really good, but fuuuuuck do I not want to wait three more weeks for Yoshikage Kira Just Wants A Quiet Life goddamn

On the plus side, Shigechi gets an extra episode. He won't be bumped off as quickly as he was introduced.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

CrashScreen posted:

On the plus side, Shigechi gets an extra episode. He won't be bumped off as quickly as he was introduced.

Yeah, it's really important that Shigechi is established as part of the gang, which is what makes it so shocking when he gets offed so quickly. Just like Kira disrupts the lives of the good people of Morioh, he disrupts the narrative beats we just saw, and that's radical.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I've got a few friends who're all anime only, and they've expressed the same idea that they don't think there will be any character deaths in DiU. I'm looking forward to this shaking that notion up a little, which will be perfect towards the end.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I know I just dressed up as him, but it actually is hosed up on some level that a low-key creep like Kira is one of the most popular things out of Part 4

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

I know I just dressed up as him, but it actually is hosed up on some level that a low-key creep like Kira is one of the most popular things out of Part 4

He's a great character, and I think Killer Queen Bites The Dust / Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable is bar none my favorite JoJo fight, sooo he's pretty amazing.

Rohan is still best boy though. I was a little bummed he didn't tell that granny to gently caress off today, but there was a lot to do, so it's forgivable.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Charlie Bobson posted:

kira is the most bomb rear end villain ever and im so excited for the rest of the jojos

:eyepopsmiliegoeshere:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kira is a loving high-key creep, dude is firing on maximum hosed-up cylinders at all times, but it just loving works. He's such a contrast from every past villain, gets a great amount of screentime and internal monologue and his Stand is one the best. Somehow Araki got me to root for a 15 year long serial killer fetishist who also murders two children and that's pretty cool.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

He's a great character, and I think Killer Queen Bites The Dust / Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable is bar none my favorite JoJo fight, sooo he's pretty amazing.

Rohan is still best boy though. I was a little bummed he didn't tell that granny to gently caress off today, but there was a lot to do, so it's forgivable.

I know, he's really rad and Sheer Heart Attack/Crazy D are probably my favorite fights in the series

It's just something I feel a little conflicted about

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Kira is a loving high-key creep, dude is firing on maximum hosed-up cylinders at all times, but it just loving works. He's such a contrast from every past villain, gets a great amount of screentime and internal monologue and his Stand is one the best. Somehow Araki got me to root for a 15 year long serial killer fetishist who also murders two children and that's pretty cool.

Are you counting Hayato in there

E: I am unbelievably excited for the Smokey to systematically dismantle Kira and every one of his tricks

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 22, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah Shigechi and Hayato and I guess Reimi too? Technically Hayato got rewound, but he brained that kid and stashed his body in a close, dude is hosed up.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

I know, he's really rad and Sheer Heart Attack/Crazy D are probably my favorite fights in the series

It's just something I feel a little conflicted about

I understand getting a feeling so complicated.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kira is a bad person who does very awful thing and deserves to die, but I root for him to win in Sheer Heart Attack every time. Even when he loses he still wins by forcing someone to steal someone else's face for him! God speed to the underside of an ambulance tire you gently caress.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Kira is a bad person who does very awful thing and deserves to die, but I root for him to win in Sheer Heart Attack every time. Even when he loses he still wins by forcing someone to steal someone else's face for him! God speed to the underside of an ambulance tire you gently caress.

The part where Koichi completely, utterly humiliates Kira multiple times is one of the best parts of part 4 and it's the peak of Koichi as a character for me

E: And Kira's defeat coming not from one person but the group as a whole and his death coming from an inanimate service vehicle is a perfect way to wrap up the communal themes of Part 4 by having him be essentially rejected by the community of Morioh for the awful crimes he did

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 22, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

TheKingofSprings posted:

The part where Koichi completely, utterly humiliates Kira multiple times is one of the best parts of part 4 and it's the peak of Koichi as a character for me
Yeah that's a neat thing about Kira in relation to the Part 4 cast. The gang can gently caress Kira up just as easily as he can ruin their day so every fight with him is cool and rad as hell. Like there is a point in Kira's beatdown in Sheer Heart Attack where he thinks "This is the worst day of my entire life" which is a really cool and like humanizing thing, he's not this untouchable foe, he's a salaryman with a boner and anxiety issues.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I want to believe you guys, but i really can't see the resemblance to Killer Queen.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's only the Piano (not sure if it's actually piano in the track) like bit at the very start. Don don don don don don don don etc

Nothing like it when it kicks in.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

For me, this will always be Kira's Japanese voice.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

i always lol when i remember why thunder mcqueen was in jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How much of Jojo is Araki finally hearing about these old myths and including them as part of the jojo plot?

If araki is still doing jojo in 10 years, how likely would it be that someone's stand is essentially slenderman or some equivalent thing