Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

radical meme posted:

I know I'm late to the party today but I had to say, Trump gave a pretty good speech last night. It was devoid of facts and reality but, it was a good speech. It should have scared the hell of Wall Street and every business in America plus all of our allies, except for Israel. I wonder if he intends to force Israel to pay its fair share for its defense, same as NATO?

Ivanka's speech was much better, maybe the best of the whole convention. She is definitely the smart Trump. She managed to actually say things gave Donald a human side. I wouldn't be surprised if she ran for office. She's a good public speaker and she seems to connect well with an audience. Here's a thought; Ivanka moves to Dallas and runs against Ted. I'd vote for her over whatever sacrificial lamb the Democrats ran.

edit: also, is this thread in danger of being closed now? maybe change the name to GOP death watch or something appropriate for the campaign cycle to keep it alive.

No the speech was not good. He was sweaty and shouting through the whole thing. He looked like a tired old man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Donald when the balloons fell

Melania, at Cleveland

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

XyrlocShammypants posted:

In 2 days we'll see that Trump bombed with independents

Since Independents lean Republican as a group, I strongly doubt it.

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007

PleasingFungus posted:

smiling is, uh, one way to put it

"Together Grimace, we could own this town."

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

*trash burns in the apocalypic wastes*

"Father, the night is so cold and full of electro-wolves. Will you tell us again the tales of the Whiskey Chair Man and His Room of Burning Fineness?"

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Slate Action posted:

I'd put money on him doing poorly (read: worse than Romney) with them. That's how confident I am.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Despera posted:

Latino polls are what got me through the dark days of Romney-Obama

The first question he was asked at the congressional GOP meet and greet was "How are you going to win Latino voters"

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

rawrr posted:

"Together Grimace, we could own this town."

ha

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

broken clock opsec posted:

Model minorities, birches, suck it.

In 2012 62% of Asians voted for Obama.

In this election it looks like literally the only group Trump is going to win is white men.

Winning coalition if I ever saw one.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Zas posted:

so the question is, as I think joe/dave said, when does the GOP adopt all her flowery equal pay stuff into their platform (ha ha ha)

Also, her affordable daycare for working mothers. The GOP has tried to gut the Family Medical Leave Act at every turn.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

The first question he was asked at the congressional GOP meet and greet was "How are you going to win Latino voters"

hahahaha IM NOT! trolololo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pook Good Mook posted:

In this election it looks like literally the only group Trump is going to win is white men.

Old white men.

paranoid randroid posted:

hahahaha IM NOT! trolololo

His answer was "Hispanics love me"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The good news is that Trump can never be accused of putting on spray tan to appear more ethnic to Latino voters like Romney was.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
that big gaudy TRUMP over the stage was really loving surreal

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i wonder if slightly smaller than a large glove size will even get a convention bounce

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

zoux posted:

Wait, you can get paid for just reposting tweets. . gently caress.

How ya feeling about that nom today, every actual Republican?

Oh please please please let Texas switch to blue this year. It's one hell of a longshot, but the Republicans would be making GBS threads themselves in actual terror instead of made-up terror to justify their bigotry and incest. The biggest piece of the GOP electoral pie taken by Hillary Clinton of all people.....one can dream. One can dream.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

zoux posted:

His answer was "Hispanics love me"

Romney was born a poor Mexican peasant boy.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

MariusLecter posted:

Romney was born a poor Mexican peasant boy.

Oh wait, that was his dad, Romney is a spoiled poo poo stain of a human being

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Slate Action posted:

This has not been a good week for temporarily embarrassed Republicans

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Pook Good Mook posted:

That number is more in the mid 70s based on exit polling, FYI.

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007

Pook Good Mook posted:

"many of Trump's Chinese American supporters are relatively recent arrivals from mainland China with strong nationalistic leanings, a certain reverence for wealth and a firm belief that U.S. immigration laws should be followed."

“There's a heightened sense of ethnic nationalism, and Trump's rhetoric resonates with them,"

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-asian-voters-20160527-snap-story.html

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Well, Trump just got bailed out on the JFK thing.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/756529843253149698

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

that big gaudy TRUMP over the stage was really loving surreal

tbh I was expecting gaudier, perhaps even the gaudiest.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

rawrr posted:

"many of Trump's Chinese American supporters are relatively recent arrivals from mainland China with strong nationalistic leanings, a certain reverence for wealth and a firm belief that U.S. immigration laws should be followed."

“There's a heightened sense of ethnic nationalism, and Trump's rhetoric resonates with them,"

Fascists love fascism. :11tea:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Slate Action posted:

Hillary is at it again :ohdear:

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Oh please please please let Texas switch to blue this year. It's one hell of a longshot, but the Republicans would be making GBS threads themselves in actual terror instead of made-up terror to justify their bigotry and incest. The biggest piece of the GOP electoral pie taken by Hillary Clinton of all people.....one can dream. One can dream.

Democrats are more likely to get Georgia than Texas and that should already be enough to scare the poo poo out of Republicans, it's the second largest reliably Conservative state by electoral vote. The real deciding factor with Georgia and Texas won't be Hispanics (there just aren't enough of them who aren't already voting to make a difference), it's college educated whites. According to some polls Hillary is winning about 45% of them, if she can push that to 50, combined with a rise in Hispanics than she takes Georgia and North Carolina reliably and Texas is an afterthought.

poo poo you'd have thought losing Virginia for the foreseeable future should have been enough.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm actually a fan of NATO expansion. Seeing what happened in Ukraine has made me feel like containment is a noble goal.

Michael Scott posted:

What's with that stupid loving cartoon? I thought WL was supposed to be classy, low-key, and non-partisan.

Thanks to its nominally nonpartisan nature, Wikileaks has primarily been a clearinghouse for data hacked out of rivals by various countries, particularly against the US. China and Russia really like using it.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 22, 2016

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/RollingStones/status/756530073172340737

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Mitt Romney posted:

McAuliffe? Schumer?

Amy or Chuck?

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

rawrr posted:

Wealthy Chinese are the most delusional group on the planet. In their minds they think they can roll up in a Porsche next to any westerner and have the westerner think, "Wow, this person is so impressive and worthy of respect!" When in reality at best they don't get a second thought.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hopefully we have another survivor situation and the RNC is forced to pay out the rear end.

I personally do not like the stones after they sued the verve into non-existence, but I do like musicians response in general to conservative use of songs without permission.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Zas posted:

so the question is, as I think joe/dave said, when does the GOP adopt all her flowery equal pay stuff into their platform (ha ha ha)

How long until the heat death of the universe?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Pook Good Mook posted:

Wealthy Chinese are the most delusional group on the planet. In their minds they think they can roll up in a Porsche next to any westerner and have the westerner think, "Wow, this person is so impressive and worthy of respect!" When in reality at best they don't get a second thought.

Asian-Americans as a group, which really should be stratified at the very least between East/Southeast since they tend to vote differently and come from very different economic circumstances, aren't a large enough bloc in most competitive states to swing an election result in either direction. It's kind of the same problem Latinos have, although on a much smaller scale.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ivankas speech could have been from next week

i have no idea what party she thinks her dad is fronting right now, but it was a good speech.

You could have said that about most of the speeches this past week, really.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

it's probably too late for this election but if the democrats tried i think they could flip texas. non-hispanic whites is less than 45% of the state population so if democrats can get better margins with hispanics, african americans and white women than republicans can get with white men they could win. the problem is that there is basically no democratic apparatus in texas so they'd be starting from scratch to build an effective organization

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Slate Action posted:

Replies are all trump voters, aren't they

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
ASCAP will let anyone license music, whether or not the artist likes it.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Shageletic posted:

I've watched the majority of speeches at the RNC convention, and I had to tap out during Trump's speech. His poo poo was depressing.

zoux posted:

Yeah I quit after about 30 minutes because it was a combo of a speech from the president from Hunger Games and also extremely boring.

I can't believe he went on for 75 minutes, did he expect people on the east coast to stay up past midnight

y'all disappoint me

showbiz_liz posted:

Reminder of what 2012 would have looked like if only men voted:

You're welcome, guys.

ty for your service

:eyepop:

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Pook Good Mook posted:

yeah, there's no limit to the depths of our greed. it's not "wow, this person is so impressive and worthy of respect" it's more like "<expletive> <racial slur> took my job and bought a fancy car I bet he has a small dick tho haw haw haw"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

• Locked thread