Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

TheTatteredKing posted:

I hope Kremlin plant becomes a real story

The press should at least look into it, even if it is in conspiracy territory. The private funding, Manafort and quite a few specific foreign policy statements that seem too favorable to Russia at the expense of our allies seem worthy of looking into.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/756538313717215233

Mitt Romney fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Timeless Appeal posted:

Christie's trial is a starker example.

You may be right. Giuliani's speech was rabid and way over the top (if such a thing exists anymore) but I momentarily forgot how straight up bone-chilling Christie was.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Im glad that "president says country not actually collapsing" is worthy of being called BREAKING NEWS in 2016

Oh and gently caress david duke too yeah

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Josh Marshall via Twitter:

So after 8 years of Obama is a manchurian secret muslim sleeper agent

it turns out... Trump is a lovely tom clancy novel plot?

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

remusclaw posted:

Melania may hate everything, but she might also simply be Eastern European, where smiling is not the default face people put on to be polite.

RBF is not an excuse for a woman who's done modeling work and is next to her husband being nominated by a major party. She knows what images she's supposed to present in public and how to do so.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

MariusLecter posted:

So after 8 years of Obama is a manchurian secret muslim sleeper agent

it turns out... Trump is a lovely tom clancy novel plot?

But instead of a Tom Clancy villain who has a hidden agenda it's an orange dumbass who doesn't realize they're being used or the implications of what they're saying.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I missed the Christie thing

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

remusclaw posted:

Melania may hate everything, but she might also simply be Eastern European, where smiling is not the default face people put on to be polite.

I'd be all about this line, except there's a lot of gossip and circumstantial evidence that she just lost a major power struggle with the Trump heirs over the direction of the campaign, + her being humiliated over the plagiarism thing

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Okonner posted:

RBF is not an excuse for a woman who's done modeling work and is next to her husband being nominated by a major party. She knows what images she's supposed to present in public and how to do so.

Melania's smart. She has a college degree.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/toddstarnes/status/756528177485385728

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

TheTatteredKing posted:

I missed the Christie thing

its was unhinged, especially coming from a guy who is possibly going to jail for rank corruption himself

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Even within the GOP convention, people were saying that the most overlooked story was the hellbent determination of Trump's team to get pro-Russian planks into the platform.

Even if they don't pull the strings financially, Putin must be looking forward to how psychologically fragile and prone to manipulation Trump is, like with how Cruz goaded Trump into looking like a laughingstock this morning instead of staying on message.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Hm yes that makes sense gravy man

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

haha

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Just a reminder

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Vladimir Putin started bringing his dog to meetings with Merkel because he heard she was afraid of them. he absolutely would run the table on President Trump

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Okonner posted:

She knows what images she's supposed to present in public and how to do so.

She should teach the rest of the campaign then.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

Vladimir Putin started bringing his dog to meetings with Merkel because he heard she was afraid of them. he absolutely would run the table on President Trump

All walking in wearing a giant foam finger on each hand.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mitt Romney posted:

The press should at least look into it, even if it is in conspiracy territory. The private funding, Manafort and quite a few specific foreign policy statements that seem too favorable to Russia at the expense of our allies seem worthy of looking into.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/756538313717215233

quote:

Even if you draw zero adverse inferences, Trump is highly dependent on investment from Russia, much of which comes from people close to Putin. Trump's debt has ballooned over the last year and liquid assets declined. He is openly positive abt Putin and Putin is equally positive abt him. Notably, Putin has also aligned state controlled media behind Trump. Trump's campaign chair has made his most recent millions working on behalf pro-Russia faction/leader in Ukraine. The only significant intervention Trump made in the GOP platform process was tied to rather archane policy question tied to US support of pro-Western govt of Ukraine. These are all uncontested facts, published in top national news publications or available in publicly available govt/financial data. If Putin was simply the CEO of an American corporation, the depth of financial ties and solicitousness to his interests wld set off numerous alarm bells with the press abt pay for play/undue influence/lack of independence, etc. Again, look at the uncontested facts on record.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

God that sounds positively filthy

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

If the Mexican President really wanted to gently caress with the election all he should've said was "I know how people like Trump do elections, people like him are everywhere. Everything he does and says is posturing, and that's understandable. There won't be a wall, and we look forward to working with him if he wins the upcoming election."

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

showbiz_liz posted:

God that sounds positively filthy

Literally thought it was another Chuck Tingler for at least 30 seconds when it was originally posted.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Hillary is announcing the VP shortly

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

magiccarpet posted:

Oh, she's made her final, final decision then?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

disjoe posted:

If the Mexican President really wanted to gently caress with the election all he should've said was "His hands are so small, hope I don't crush them when we shake hands on the deal for the wall."

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/756234555619680256

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

:smug:

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

magiccarpet posted:

THAT'S DIAMOND JOE'S MUSIC

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
Like, I'm not referring to the "she's much smarter than you think" narrative.I'm just saying smiling on command HAS to be one skill she definitely has.

Okonner fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 22, 2016

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Putin is so transparently insidious, its kind of amusing

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Merkel was attacked by a dog in her youth

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah it's not like he had the second most supporters or anything.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/756535531639570432

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"I don't want to fill up on bread" - said no Huckabee ever

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Notahippie posted:

Literally thought it was another Chuck Tingler for at least 30 seconds when it was originally posted.

They Popped My Butt and Found Gravy Pounded Into It

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

jfc

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/756541895141158913

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lol Huckabee must absolutely despise Cruz for swiping his voter base, and that time they both tried to be Kim Davis's white knight

Fundies raging at each other is the best

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

magiccarpet posted:

Might get delayed now what with mass shooting #36483

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

OatmealRaisin posted:

THAT'S DIAMOND JOE'S MUSIC

inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Does Trump also have major issues with dogs, or does he just tweet like he does?

• Locked thread