Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

RandallODim posted:

The goat will always spawn

On ovk or higher :spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

On ovk or higher :spergin:

There are other difficulties? :monocle:

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

My normal group that can't do more than overkill was all asleep so I decided to mess around with a frenzy/crit/LBV/silent shotgun build.

I didn't expect to be able to solo DW Aftershock. I mean, I know everything is DW-viable, but holy crap. As long as you don't get hit by a squad of cloakers, you're untouchable.

I'm never soloing DW again, but hopefully I'll be able to drag my friends along in the future.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah who would think using a skill as blatantly broken as frenzy would trivialize the highest difficulty.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Local man finds one weird trick to making bank heisting easy. Cops hate him!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Frenzy at its current iteration is even more stupid than sentries.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chairface do you own one of these? http://tribunist.com/technology/do-you-need-a-handheld-minigun-of-course-you-do-video/?utm_source=MA
I hope we get it in Payday :allears:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
How to make Brawler reasonable, but also fun:

1. Frenzy massively reduces your ammo pool and pickup rate.
2. Bloodlust aced very briefly increases ammo pickup by a bunch (on melee kill).
3. Switch Counterstrike and Bloodlust.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I just tried out an ICTV frenzy build and lol. I threw the armorer perk deck on there for shits and giggles. Soloed a Deathwish 4 stores just because I could.

Since in game you only see your health bar at 1/3, is Berserker always active, or does your health have to dip to half of what you start with?

I don't foresee myself using it a ton because it's a pretty large point investment for just one skill, and it's not like the game's particularly hard without it anyway. I don't like having to pass up on other fun skill trees to get it.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Renegret posted:

I just tried out an ICTV frenzy build and lol. I threw the armorer perk deck on there for shits and giggles. Soloed a Deathwish 4 stores just because I could.

Since in game you only see your health bar at 1/3, is Berserker always active, or does your health have to dip to half of what you start with?

I don't foresee myself using it a ton because it's a pretty large point investment for just one skill, and it's not like the game's particularly hard without it anyway. I don't like having to pass up on other fun skill trees to get it.

Berserker is always active.

It's also not as big of an investment as people say, I don't think. You have enough flexibility to also get defensive skills, a weapon specialization, and Inspire (or something else). On top of an extra 40-80% damage.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

LuciferMorningstar posted:

How to make Brawler reasonable, but also fun:

1. Frenzy massively reduces your ammo pool and pickup rate.
2. Bloodlust aced very briefly increases ammo pickup by a bunch (on melee kill).
3. Switch Counterstrike and Bloodlust.

no, yes, and nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

no, yes, and nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah, because only buffing Bloodlust wouldn't make the issue worse at all...

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Yeah, because only buffing Bloodlust wouldn't make the issue worse at all...

well if they "nerfed" frenzy so that it worked, then nothing would be a problem here

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

well if they "nerfed" frenzy so that it worked, then nothing would be a problem here

If Frenzy were to "work" by only affecting your health, it would suck again. And that's a problem.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

If Frenzy were to "work" by only affecting your health, it would suck again. And that's a problem.

it only "sucked" because you sucked with it, even I could make it work to some extent.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
the idea of frenzy being the melee stab-man tier 4 is not all bad; if you want to be Gunlord Of Ultimate Death there are plenty of other options for you. Giving a shitload of effective health (you're not actually invincible on deathwish, just really tough) but requiring you to get up close and personal would be pretty hilarious. run around at warp speed and chop everyone with a giant sword or cleaver or whatever.

considering Overkill doesn't seem to know how to 'fix' it the other way, I figure the only options for them are to nerf the gently caress out of Frenzy Ace (so it's bad for everyone) or modify its current behavior to keep the resist but go all-in on melee so it's not so ludicrous. Given the choice...

BillmasterCozb posted:

it only "sucked" because you sucked with it, even I could make it work to some extent.

it's a T4 capstone skill, it should be good. also lmao that your only defense is "no actually you suck" instead of, I dunno, an argument

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Psion posted:

it's a T4 capstone skill, it should be good. also lmao that your only defense is "no actually you suck" instead of, I dunno, an argument

well, it's a skill that's specifically for berserker builds with things like anarchist, sociopath/infiltrator, most noticeably the yakuza deck, and so if you're just "what this skill is complete garbage", the only reason I suspect you think it's bad is because you don't use it well.

it is good.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
gentlemen, i have been tasked with recruiting talent for a musical theater production of Sparticus

i am here because i know i can find a good candidate for the part of Sans Testicles

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

"could make it work to some extent"

Ah, yes, what glowing praise from bad mods guy.

It's workable in the same way Sharpshooter's T4 is workable. It does a thing, but is mediocre and doesn't match up well with other T4s. Being a functional skill doesn't make it good or fun.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

"could make it work to some extent"

Ah, yes, what glowing praise from bad mods guy.

It's workable in the same way Sharpshooter's T4 is workable. It does a thing, but is mediocre and doesn't match up well with other T4s. Being a functional skill doesn't make it good or fun.

what glowing praise coming from

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

what glowing praise coming from

Keep trying. Maybe one day you'll present a coherent argument.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

maybe you can download a different HUD so you quit having a tantrum in the thread because someone disagreed with you. god drat :laugh:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
These internet discussions are iffy.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Psion posted:

maybe you can download a different HUD so you quit having a tantrum in the thread because someone disagreed with you. god drat :laugh:

http://lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=15962 Is this a good hud?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Nordick posted:

These internet discussions are iffy.

Next topic is... Workshop payments. No wait! Scratch that. It's fartgun builds. I'm just guessing here.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Skunkrocker posted:

Next topic is... Workshop payments. No wait! Scratch that. It's fartgun builds. I'm just guessing here.

Does Bain have strong opinions on circumcision, tipping, or toilet paper alignment?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Skunkrocker posted:

Next one is... a Deathvox derail. I'm 57% sure.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

In all seriousness, though, everyone who's thinking about trying frenzy really does owe it to themselves to take bloodthirst, melee skills and a good weapon and then one-hit a charging cloaker. It's a hilarious delete-enemy button.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013
You're all wrong.

:frogsiren: IT'S GOONMOD CUSTOM SKIN TIME :frogsiren:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Colosmicon posted:

You're all wrong.

:eyepop: Holy poo poo, these are great

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

watho posted:

Frenzy at its current iteration is even more stupid than sentries.

Last time I tried sentries I just couldn't keep them topped off fast enough.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Colosmicon posted:

You're all wrong.

please derail more conversations this way.

dublish posted:

Last time I tried sentries I just couldn't keep them topped off fast enough.

are you putting them in AP/slow-refire rate mode? If not, do that always.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Colosmicon was the rat?!

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 22, 2016

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Colosmicon posted:

You're all wrong.

I love seeing these :3:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rainbow dazzle camo for every gun please

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

I loving wish, on both counts.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Keep trying. Maybe one day you'll present a coherent argument.

Maybe one day you won't poo poo up this thread.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Plan Z posted:

Maybe one day you won't poo poo up this thread.

If you were whining about some other derail, then I might agree. But apparently talking about balance issues? Come on, man.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Skunkrocker posted:

Colosmicon was the rat?!

no it was me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

If you were whining about some other derail, then I might agree. But apparently talking about balance issues? Come on, man.

Several people don't have you on ignore because you're "talking about balance issues." I'm tired of logging in and seeing lovely slapfights with you at the center, and I don't want to bug mods every time it happens. And I'm certainly not fond of the idea of new players logging in and seeing that kind of stupid poo poo. Next time, don't be a condescending weirdo, and this kind of stuff won't be dragged into several pages of cascading poo poo-posting.

I'm not going to argue it because it's posting about posting, but just try not to be at the center of this kind of stuff. It's easy enough for everyone else, it should be easy for you.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 22, 2016