Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

fknlo posted:

Thanks! I've seen some other translations that attribute the slurs being attributed to guys that aren't the gunman being towards the gunman hence he's a muslim.

Yeah, it's just a lot of kneejerk reactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Every human being deserves respect. Even if if they are a little different.
This feels a lot like some angsty kids deciding to go out in a blaze, like a lot of our mass shootings in America turn out to be.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
ISIS joining in

https://twitter.com/ConstantinNTV/status/756557940308512768

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

"Ich bin Deutscher :( " "Ein Wichser bist du" :lol:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Listened again and edited it some:

shooter: now i gotta buy a gun
bavarian: the shooter is here, he is armed
shooter: shut the gently caress up rear end in a top hat
bavarian: wanker
shooter: lovely turks
bavarian: lovely turks (only he used a slang word
shooter: i'm a german, born in germany
bavarian: you're a wanker
shooter: i was born in a hartz4 (state welfare, unemployed, etc.) area
shooter: ... in-patient treatment ... (maybe relating to mental issues)
bavarian: yes, yes, ... in-patient treatment ... (indiscernible)
shooter: what can i do about it?
shooter: i didn't do anything.
shooter: ... in fifth grade ... (maybe, very hard to hear this)

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Mithaldu posted:

Notable also that the shooter is completely accent free. Not even a turkish twang like you'd expect from 2nd generations, if he is of turkish descent.
When you say accent free, do you mean he has a "neutral"/Hochdeutsch accent or that he has a Munich accent? My German isn't keen enough to distinguish a lot of accents outside of wacky Swiss/rural variants.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

rope kid posted:

When you say accent free, do you mean he has a "neutral"/Hochdeutsch accent or that he has a Munich accent? My German isn't keen enough to distinguish a lot of accents outside of wacky Swiss/rural variants.

Yeah, it seems very bland, not at all bavarian from what I'm hearing.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

rope kid posted:

no bavarian accent

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

rope kid posted:

Hochdeutsch. He sounds like he's from Niedersachsen or something like that. He says what region he's from, but the bavarian guy was yelling over it.

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

I do have to admire the sack of the guy, to yell at a gunman and try to keep his attention. Yeah, I mean, the guy isn't going to hit poo poo from there, but that dude's got more balls than me.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

you want to put your hands into the still warm blood of the victims and write "to the victims of the EU immigration policy" on the ground, don't you ?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

skipThings posted:

you want to put your hands into the still warm blood of the victims and write "to the victims of the EU immigration policy" on the ground, don't you ?

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

skipThings posted:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Halt endlich deine Scheiss-Fresse. Diese Schiesserei wurde von Leuten wie dir begangen.

skipThings posted:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

skipThings posted:

less a question of intent than of what he's actually already doing if you ask me

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

ABen posted:

I do have to admire the sack of the guy, to yell at a gunman and try to keep his attention. Yeah, I mean, the guy isn't going to hit poo poo from there, but that dude's got more balls than me.

Loud bavarian old fucks are amazing.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Holy poo poo, shut up about Riso, you doofuses, maybe share information or discuss what's actually happening, so us expats can get an idea

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

My Lovely Horse posted:

less a question of intent than of what he's actually already doing if you ask me

no, cause I meant it quite literal, he wants to take a train to Munich, as fast as he can, before the bodies turn cold and smear it all around

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Holy poo poo, shut up about Riso, you doofuses, maybe share information or discuss what's actually happening, so us expats can get an idea

not much secure info right now. looks like 3 shooters with rifles, still on the run, at least 6 people dead, likely more. everything else is rumours at this stage.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

yeah. i got nothing. at least its really only three people.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

botany posted:

not much secure info right now. looks like 3 shooters with rifles, still on the run, at least 6 people dead, likely more. everything else is rumours at this stage.

Where did you get the rifle thing from? The shooter in the video in front of the McD was definitely using a pistol, and using it like a total newbie who's only done target practice a few times.

Otherwise, yeah, more police are still streaming into the city, but munich inner city is huge and dense, so a lockdown will be tricky. And they've yet to find the actual shooters.

Live tickers:

http://www.focus.de/panorama/welt/t...id_5755409.html

http://www.n24.de/n24/Nachrichten/Politik/d/8872140/amoklauf-in-muenchen---mehrere-tote-und-verletzte.html

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Mithaldu posted:

Halt endlich deine Scheiss-Fresse. Diese Schiesserei wurde von Leuten wie dir begangen.

Lazy trolls on the internet? Unlikely.

Munich status:
Terrorism alert, state of emergency
Unknown number of victims
Perpetrators escaped, have rifles
GSG9 on its way
Police doesn't know poo poo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

botany posted:

its gonna be another bataclan isnt it :(

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Mithaldu posted:

Where did you get the rifle thing from? The shooter in the video in front of the McD was definitely using a pistol, and using it like a total newbie who's only done target practice a few times.

Otherwise, yeah, more police are still streaming into the city, but munich inner city is huge and dense, so a lockdown will be tricky. And they've yet to find the actual shooters.

Live tickers:

http://www.n24.de/n24/Nachrichten/Politik/d/8872140/amoklauf-in-muenchen---mehrere-tote-und-verletzte.html

rifles have been reported by munich police

edit: also stop posting riso

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

Live tickers:

One of the police statements mentioned the shooters using longarms, though I can't tell whether that referred to all three of them: http://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/zeitgeschehen/2016-07/muenchen-schuesse-live#!top-of-overscroll?liveblog.item.id=40%23livedesk-root

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 22, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Thanks for the link. And yeah, not disagreeing, just asking for sources, because all the live tickers are getting things at different rates.

botany posted:

edit: also stop posting riso
Just report and ignore. It's clear he's never going to say anything worthwhile ever again.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

quote:

One of the police statement mentioned the shooters using longarms

Note: that definition ranges from bona fide assault rifles like the AK-47 to simple hunting rifles.

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

Mithaldu posted:

Loud bavarian old fucks are amazing.

Just wish I could understand the bastards.

e: Best liveticker to follow? I have Die Zeit and Guardian open at the moment, but if there's better, I'd like to know.

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/756569271359143936

well, this isn't terribly comforting

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

No real concrete reports with any detail. 3 shooters up to 5 dead.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

ABen posted:

Just wish I could understand the bastards.

e: Best liveticker to follow? I have Die Zeit and Guardian open at the moment, but if there's better, I'd like to know.
You and the rest of germany.

Pretty much all of the three linked on this page, since they all publish things at different speeds and accuracies.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
there are rumors that at least one of the shooters killed himself

Mithaldu posted:

Just report and ignore. It's clear he's never going to say anything worthwhile ever again.

nah i strongly believe in telling nazis they're not welcome

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

21.08 Uhr: Nach FOCUS-Online-Informationen hat sich einer der Täter bei einem Festnahmeversuch in der Nähe des Einkaufszentrums selbst getötet. Er habe sich selbst erschossen, heißt es aus Sicherheitskreisen.

Focus reports a shooter killed himself during an attempt of arrest, according to "security circles".

Note that it's unclear when this happened, and it may not necessarily be recent in terms of timeline.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Police confirmed six dead live on air.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
munich police:

https://twitter.com/PolizeiMuenchen/status/756570507194105856

update: unclear how many injured, 6 dead

https://twitter.com/PolizeiMuenchen/status/756570802359795712

other than the mall where the shooting was first reported no other incidents can be confirmed

(edit i got stuff confused)

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Police did a police conference and confirmed that six are dead, but nothing new either. They're still looking for the suspects.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Well, at least no further shootings have happened until now. Hope that's a good sign and they catch them soon.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Seems it might not be Islamist related:

https://twitter.com/MichaelSSmithII/status/756572807480348673

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

good guess, i just drank a shot of cheap whiskey. glad i had that lying around.

Ich bin so froh, dass dir nichts passiert ist... Irgendwie hat man nach einer Weile halt doch das subjektive Gefühl, die Leute hier ein bisschen zu kennen, wenn man ein paar Jahre lang die selben Gesprächsthemen verfolgt. Und nach deiner ersten Meldung hat's mich anfangs etwas gerissen. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Well, if that's all true, this might provide proof of the IS communications strategy and cast doubt on their future "hey this was us" posts.

Why yes I am a glass half full type even if it's more "well I guess at least there's something still in it."