Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

Soothing Vapors posted:

you criticize a man's waifu, his blood done gone get het up

I didn't know y'all were in a relationship. In this case, ignore SV as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Rufio posted:

you weren't already?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Despite D.VA being awesome now, I really don't like that they removed the mapping for the flight cancel. I don't want to shoot and cancel it, that gives away where I'm sneaking to!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Rufio posted:

I meant dva and the posters railing angry at jastiger, nerd

Afraid of Audio posted:

you weren't already?

super rude

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bill NYSE posted:

Despite D.VA being awesome now, I really don't like that they removed the mapping for the flight cancel. I don't want to shoot and cancel it, that gives away where I'm sneaking to!

im not a fan either

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
The D.Va change is probably good overall but IMO Matrix is a little too good right now. Slower recharge rate or a smaller cone of effect or something would be worth exploring.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Brosnan posted:

The D.Va change is probably good overall but IMO Matrix is a little too good right now. Slower recharge rate or a smaller cone of effect or something would be worth exploring.

I just kinda treat it like Zarya when her shields are up (except you can get behind Dva). Find someone else to shoot for a bit or run away since she cant't chase you. Doesn't seem like a huge problem and makes D.va a viable tank now which I think Blizzard wants?

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Bill NYSE posted:

It's still in, you just need to hit shift again to cancel flight.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I've dropped like half a percentage in winrate (with more than 1000 games played) since the Ana patch. All while playing the objectives, nearly always 2-4 golds. I know I can still improve my own performance but it's hard to see my shortcomings when right up in my face is the realization "holy poo poo can anybody else ever kill anything"

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I've dropped like half a percentage in winrate (with more than 1000 games played) since the Ana patch. All while playing the objectives, nearly always 2-4 golds. I know I can still improve my own performance but it's hard to see my shortcomings when right up in my face is the realization "holy poo poo can anybody else ever kill anything"

This is basically me after 20 games today. The one time I won was when Dva wasn't on the enemy team. She seems way too good now.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Brosnan posted:

She still does poo poo wet-fish damage and isn't that threatening herself--and if she's shielding she's not doing damage. New DVA is fun as hell and decent for sitting on a payload/point now but I think if they even slightly nerf new Matrix she'll kind of slide a bit back a bit into obscurity without a minor 5%-ish damage buff or something.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Fibby Boy posted:

This is basically me after 20 games today. The one time I won was when Dva wasn't on the enemy team. She seems way too good now.

We lost a game where I no lie interrupted at least 10 ults as McCree (I lost count somewhere around 8 and banked several more) by just shooting the bastards. The whole time I'm just wondering "who the hell is even feeding them this many ults"

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 22, 2016

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Jastiger posted:

Counterpoint: Most of my ideas are good and would improve the game.

lmao

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

fun fact: symmetra's full carwash now does roughly as much damage as a zarya beam with 36 energy. Before it did about as much as a zarya beam with 100 energy

Wait did they nerf symmetra? How come

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Only on consoles and I guess they thought auto aiming things were OP against controllers

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bill NYSE posted:

d.va already makes a ton of noise while walking and can't crouch so you're not exactly sneaking anywhere in the first place

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

they did on console, not pc, and probably for the same reason as they did torb's turrets

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

they did on console, not pc, and probably for the same reason as they did torb's turrets

It's pretty weird though since I haven't seen anyone complain about Symmetra.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

neither have I but I guess they just figured they should do it for all turrets since it's the same decrease at 30%

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
wtf!!! There is confetti and horns if you make a basket now!! Saw someone do it on moonmoon's stream w/ symmetra's chainsaw

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Nehru the Damaja posted:

We lost a game where I no lie interrupted at least 10 ults as McCree (I lost count somewhere around 8 and banked several more) by just shooting the bastards. The whole time I'm just wondering "who the hell is even feeding them this many ults"

They get refunded some ult when you stop one, so you probably

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Dren posted:

wtf!!! There is confetti and horns if you make a basket now!! Saw someone do it on moonmoon's stream w/ symmetra's chainsaw
Ever since the patch, the basketballs barely move though. :(

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jastiger posted:

Haha holy poo poo Dva is broken.

She can stand behind you and block all shots shooting AWAY from you. That is ridiculous.

It should go down in duration in proportion to the amount of damage its absorbed instead of just shutting down ALL enemy projectiles for 10 seconds like it does.

Yeah, I'm salty, I ulted as 76, she flew behind me and just sucked up all of it. :mad:

That depth part is actually the intended function, it's really cool because of that, since you can block poo poo headed for your team while being like across the street from them.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...I just thought to ask - does this mean you can block stuff that tries to go sideways through the defense matrix? Because you could really gently caress someone over from around a corner with that.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I wonder what Symmetra would be like if you reclassed her as defense and made her shields jump up when her turrets do damage, to a max of 500 or so. That wouldn't be enough to make her a tank, since she'd have to do more damage to reach max again, but it would mean that any time you walk through a turret or two, you'd have to worry about a giant ball of shields with a laser chainsaw possibly being nearby.

Although, that wouldn't fix her teleporter falloff.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Lord Hydronium posted:

It was before the patch as well, they change the basketball physics each patch to mess with people and this time they're all deflated or something. I used to be able to sink it by standing on the table just right and punching with pretty much anyone.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImPureAwesome posted:

They get refunded some ult when you stop one, so you probably

Depends on the ult, and how fast they were killed.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Any non-beam shot that enters D.Va's barrier gets destroyed. Not suppressed or anything like that. If it touches the barrier in any fashion from any direction, it gets removed from the game.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

...I just thought to ask - does this mean you can block stuff that tries to go sideways through the defense matrix? Because you could really gently caress someone over from around a corner with that.

Yes, it extends out in front of Dva and nullifies any enemy projectiles going through it in any direction.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Lord Hydronium posted:

apparently symmetra's left click can move the basketballs around like a gravity gun sorta

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

KoB posted:

Yes, it extends out in front of Dva and nullifies any enemy projectiles going through it in any direction.

drat. That might be something to remember the next time I see junkrat bombs flying at my teammates through a doorway or from behind a blind corner.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
A good way to think about it, especially since this is what's actually happening in-world, is D.Va actually shoots things with tiny lasers that destroy the shot.

If you're having trouble with D.Va, try Zarya. Her beam isn't destroyed by the barrier and D.Va's gigantic head box is relatively easy to hit with it.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Onean posted:

A good way to think about it, especially since this is what's actually happening in-world, is D.Va actually shoots things with tiny lasers that destroy the shot.

If you're having trouble with D.Va, try Zarya. Her beam isn't destroyed by the barrier and D.Va's gigantic head box is relatively easy to hit with it.

Zarya is cool and good against dva but the beam doesn't headshot so the hit box size doesn't matter.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

dva is basically playing a missile command mini game when she's using it

pew pew pew time to raise my APM

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Reagan's Star Wars finally came to fruition

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Totally TWISTED posted:

Zarya is cool and good against dva but the beam doesn't headshot so the hit box size doesn't matter.

It sucks you can't run double Zarya now and facewreck new Dva :smith:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spiritus Nox posted:

It also means that even if you're behind and above her if it goes towards the front half of her model going for that head shot, it'll negate that too. You legit have to shoot her from 180 degrees behind or it'll negate pretty much everything in front of her. Its pretty brutal.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Zenyatta changes are nice. Downside is that you're still Zenyatta, have negative mobility, and no health... so any halfwit flanker can wreck you in two hits. Also, you have to play it safe and be literal miles away from obvious threats, and since no one ever even considers looking for a flank (unless I'm playing a flanker and then they're all hyper paranoid and incredibly accurate)... yeah.. lots of dead robot buddhas. :smith:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Bruceski posted:

It was before the patch as well, they change the basketball physics each patch to mess with people and this time they're all deflated or something. I used to be able to sink it by standing on the table just right and punching with pretty much anyone.

I got a random person on the other team last night to type furiously in chat "WHY IS THERE A FLOATING TRAP WHAT THE gently caress", "WHO DID THIS", etc. because I attached a trap and mine to a basketball and sent it soaring out of the spawn in Nepal Village. There is still plenty of fun to be had with basketballs.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zenyatta and mccree are the new op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Totally TWISTED posted:

Wait, really? Huh. I don't play much Zarya, so I never noticed.