Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Until you can equip 5pip speed/critchance/etc set mods, use health mods that match what you want on your heroes. Once you get the right set ones for the heroes you want, you can unequip these at ~5k per, and put them on your GW or raid squads.

General recommendations (laid out like square, arrow, diamond, triangle, circle, plus)

High DPS (Rey, GS, Leia, etc.): Offense, Speed, Defense, Offense, Protection, Offense.

Tank: Offense, Protection, Defense, Protection, Protection, Protection.

Support (Phasma): Offense, Speed, Defense, Protection, Protection, Protection

Healer (not lumi, probably see dps for her): Offense, Speed, Defense, Health, Health, Health.

Potency: Offense, Speed, Defense, (probably one of Prot, Off, Crit%), Protection, Potency

Thank you for this MAL! going to swap around a few since I have 6 sets of 5pip health mods @lvl15 to try n min/max a bit more outta my team and then level up a 7th set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I am running a lvl15one and two pip crit damage mod set on rey for the 30% crit damage set bonus. Bad idea?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I'm getting somewhat tempted to try an accuracy mod on Rey instead of the speed mod, she gets dodged way too much these days, but I have no idea how useful they are

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Herux posted:

Thank you for this MAL! going to swap around a few since I have 6 sets of 5pip health mods @lvl15 to try n min/max a bit more outta my team and then level up a 7th set.

Also, the above post is aimed at end game. If you have G7, and maybe even G8 for non-tanks, health might do more for your team than protection. At G9, Protection starts doing a lot more. A Prot mod has ~23%, while a health mod has 5.88%.

For example, at G10 (very nearly max, missing two stun guns), RG has 24k HP and 26k Prot. Obviously protection is better

At G8, STH has 6k Protection and 13k Health (7* level 80 only missing a furnace for G9). You still get about twice as much out of prot as health.

At G7, 7* level 74 Cad Bane has 9200 Health and 1800 protection. Here, Health is finally better, but another gear level and Cad will probably get more from prot than health.

However, a healer heals based on %health, which is why I recommend using health mods for them, even though you get less health than protection.

There's also another argument for %health mods on DPS like Rey/GS when running RG. With a full set of health mods, and 2 health set mods, you get about 20% more health, so we'll say 10k goes to 12k. This means that RG will trigger at 6K instead of 5K, so you're slightly more likely to trigger him without dying. However, I think Prot will still do more for you by keeping you alive for longer.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
And now I clearly need to work on Dengar:

The guy cleared P1 and P2 of a T7 raid with that team...

(from https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4u3ke4/clearing_phases_in_t7_with_dengar/)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

And now I clearly need to work on Dengar:

The guy cleared P1 and P2 of a T7 raid with that team...

(from https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4u3ke4/clearing_phases_in_t7_with_dengar/)

I've been spending tokens on Dengar since he was available, as well as shard shop...he's almost 5*. It's going to take awhile...

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Should I start farming my Jawa team now so they're ready when the new raid comes out? Or keep doing the Rancor characters? Or I should I farm up a Scoundrel team? I feel like if I keep working on my Rancor team the new raid will drop right as I finish it and I'll be behind again. If I start on the Jawas now I might have them ready in time. But I also don't have any scoundrels. I was thinking about using Lando, Greedo, and Boba Fett (rework soon for him, no?).

3 mutually exclusive choices. Not sure what to focus on first.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Scoundrels is a great choice right n I w, not only do you get the extra million credits every 10 days, but also crit chance set mods, which are very strong. If you are not working on any other gw characters you might as well work on datcha, he will probably be a strong leader choice for the new raid.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
the drop rate on mods is so bad i dont know how i will ever be able to do something like min max mods on a character.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

3 mutually exclusive choices. Not sure what to focus on first.

Fenris13 posted:

Scoundrels is a great choice right n I w, not only do you get the extra million credits every 10 days, but also crit chance set mods, which are very strong. If you are not working on any other gw characters you might as well work on datcha, he will probably be a strong leader choice for the new raid.

Like Fenris said, but I would skip the Boba until we know more. I mean, he might be worth it (like Anakin and RG), or he could still just suck. Have they done any reworks that turned out as bad or worse than before?

Jerkface posted:

the drop rate on mods is so bad i dont know how i will ever be able to do something like min max mods on a character.

You'll do it for Rey. You know you will.

e: Credit heist is up!

e2: Level up your MODS! Spend all those credits on mods. GO CRAZY. I had been leveling 5* mods to level 12 to get the full bonuses, but not doing to 15 (mostly) because those extra 3 levels (4.5% protection, or ~1% offense) cost 250k+. Most of my mods are costing 100k-150k to get from 12-15. Way better (this is how it should normally be). Also, use the cheap button. Each click has a chance to automatically finish, and I don't think the 10x button has 10x the chance, but even if it does, you should still use the little button. It's a lot of clicking...but will save you a lot of credits.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 22, 2016

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Dr. Venture posted:

Got you. Drop and you're in.

Dropped; thank you.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Malgrin posted:

You'll do it for Rey. You know you will.

That was implied :colbert: Rey is the one who gets all the rare gears and best mods! I have *1* speed arrow mod, immediately slapped that poo poo on Rey. I guess with the event this weekend I will spend more cantina energy on mod challenges to see if I can score some mods, havent had much luck so far though.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
What kind of poo poo rear end teams are people putting together for the Potency mod challenge? I've got Vader beefed up and obv a nearly maxed RG and... snow trooper at like level 30 and 3 stars.

I think it's real dumb that First Order dudes don't also count as Empire dudes.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

What kind of poo poo rear end teams are people putting together for the Potency mod challenge? I've got Vader beefed up and obv a nearly maxed RG and... snow trooper at like level 30 and 3 stars.

Yeah, I agree with the FOTP thing...they're basically remnants of the empire...so...yeah.

As far as team comp, Vader lead, RG, Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, Magmatrooper. Tarkin/Veers suck. Stormtrooper/snowtrooper aren't easy to farm, but you can get snowtrooper in guild shipments, so, that helps. Magmatrooper is really easy to get cause GW, but, you're probably already working on Dathcha, and that's probably a better idea at this point. I'm guessing that a strong Vader/RG can do most of this. Add in a 5* snowtrooper and you can probably finish it.

Also, if they ever fix Snowtrooper's special (empire gets TM on enemy death), he'll actually be good -- right now only Snowtrooper gets that bonus until he dies, then everyone else gets it.

e: Decided to test Snowtrooper to see if his ability still doesn't work, and it doesn't. I got to borrow someone's 88 leader, stacked a bunch of dots on the boss (DS 7-something), then lightsaber crit him for 27k. Good times. 6* level 73 G8 Vader, no mods. Really want to get him potency set mods like I did for Teebo.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 22, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Jibo posted:

I 3*'d the first one with Vader/RG/Tarkin/Stormtrooper/Magmatrooper. All around level 60 or so. I ended up with Tarkin at 5* somehow, but as mal says, he is pretty bad. Everyone else is 5/6*, and mostly like G7 or maybe 8 on a couple guys. I think I could do T2 with this team all at level 75 or 80, but like everyone, I am out of credits to do that.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

I 3*'d the first one with Vader/RG/Tarkin/Stormtrooper/Magmatrooper. All around level 60 or so. I ended up with Tarkin at 5* somehow, but as mal says, he is pretty bad. Everyone else is 5/6*, and mostly like G7 or maybe 8 on a couple guys. I think I could do T2 with this team all at level 75 or 80, but like everyone, I am out of credits to do that.

My attitude is that you should probably stick with T3 potency set mods anyways, unless you want them for arena. For raiding, I don't think the difference between T3 and T5 is noticeable at all, and you save a lot of credits.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
From the latest update

quote:

When is the Tank Takedown Raid being released?
The game team is still putting the finishing touches on the new Raid, including balance testing with the recent adjustments to Mods.

Really sucks that they now are going to be balancing things around mods. I feel like they need to balance around the base characters, so that you are actually rewarded for increasing your powers with mods. Instead of what is likely to happen: mods become mandatory

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Jerkface posted:

From the latest update

Really sucks that they now are going to be balancing things around mods. I feel like they need to balance around the base characters, so that you are actually rewarded for increasing your powers with mods. Instead of what is likely to happen: mods become mandatory

Yeah I agree. They seem way too interested in pushing the carrot just a little further rather than you know, releasing new characters and poo poo.

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

xyigx posted:

OK help me pad my research. If you don't mind please list the following.
1) arena power
2)gw highest team power you use
3)on a scale of 1 to "Oh gently caress off that was bullshit" how hard is your galactic war

Just got Lando to 7 stars any suggestions on who to farm from cantina next?

Dunno if this is still helpful

-3 maybe? I clear it every day and with a bit of gaming around retreats can usually take my best party in to the last node. Seems to have improved since the last mods patch, though I started dropping Dooku for Rey for the last few nodes around that time, so maybe not.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
GW is back to being literally unplayable with Rey/Daka/Imp Guard/QGJ/Phasma or Poggle coming up within the first 6 battles. And it only gets worse from there. When GW sucks I play the game less, because GW is really the only time I actually use the battle system instead of Auto battling or SIMing.

And I wish Rancor would stop using devour while it's on cooldown. What is the point in displaying the cooldown turns if he doesn't follow them at all? He's used devour with 2, 3 even 4 turns left.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Rancor gets 2 actions a turn, when he uses his aoe slam, it lowers the cooldown of his eating by one for each person that ends up below half health, which from that pic is at least two. The mechanics of the fight.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Fenris13 posted:

Rancor gets 2 actions a turn, when he uses his aoe slam, it lowers the cooldown of his eating by one for each person that ends up below half health, which from that pic is at least two. The mechanics of the fight.

Is that listed when you click on his slam? Cause it sure ain't part of his devour.

Still a really dumb mechanic considering in this tier, with high gear, max level and modded out characters get brought to near death with a single slam anyway.

If you're still able to help out, can you explain why sometimes my attacks deal like 25% of their normal damage? I'll attack twice with one character, one attack will deal 2700 damage, the next deals 800.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Ularg posted:

Is that listed when you click on his slam? Cause it sure ain't part of his devour.

Still a really dumb mechanic considering in this tier, with high gear, max level and modded out characters get brought to near death with a single slam anyway.

If you're still able to help out, can you explain why sometimes my attacks deal like 25% of their normal damage? I'll attack twice with one character, one attack will deal 2700 damage, the next deals 800.

Either your character has a debuff on it the 2nd time or the rancor had one the first time (or you just got a crit the first time). You should tap and hold on the icon on the left side, it shows you the gimmick on that phase

Edit: and yes, the cool down thing is listed in the hover for his slam

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
During phase 2, rancor has an extra 50% armor when he is not debuffed, and during phase 3 you do less damage when you have any debuff on you. Both of these show up as tool tips on the icon near rancor's enrage timer.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Alright game, i see you've finally decided i should not complete galactic war today... I see how it is...

This team is minimum 39k in power, all with tier 5 mods wtf

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Working as intended.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

If the GGA is being disbanded, will there be room in the other guilds for migrants and refugees? I forget how all of this works

There are still 36 of us so if you haven't left yet, please try to take down the rancor tia.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Someone put a lot more effort into mods than I did

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z614mGAHt8gkQQXRGquSQSGA-WYBGXQ5tcGeFcolIs0/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

tldr: see stats lined out for mods 2, 4, and 6. 5.88% offense is apparently not enough to really have an impact on total damage.

Damage Dealers. Set: 1 Crit Damage, 1 Potency or Crit Chance. mods: Speed, Crit Damage, Potency (if applicable, else protection)

Non-damage dealers. Set: 1 Speed, 1 Potency or health. mods: Speed (or accuracy if you really don't need speed), Protection, Potency/Protection

This is for the real min-maxers:

quote:

Quality E Mods (White) : Level only if you need the primary on your main teams ASAP. Otherwise sell.
Quality D Mods (Green) : Level only if you need the primary on your main teams ASAP. Otherwise sell.
Quality C Mods (Blue) : Level up to level 3-6 to check substat gain. Or higher if you think you will use it for more than a couple of weeks.
Quality B Mods (Purple) : Level up to level 6-9 to check substat gain. Or higher if you think that you will use it for more than a month.
Quality A Mods (Yellow) : Level up to 12-15 checking substats. Max it if you think that you will use it for more than a couple months.

e: Also there's a reddit thread this was posted in, and discussion about specifics. Everything in the spreadsheet is very generic advice. Tanks generally don't want speed on mod 2...except maybe ST Han with Old Ben Lead (who should also have speed). I think I still prefer offense on heroes like Rey and GS for mod 6, but potency on any offensive heroes that can use it. I think he is right on crit damage on mod 4.

Also, quality has a bigger effect on mods than I realized. In addition to seeing the secondary stats, you get an additional boost to that stat...so a fully leveled yellow mod will have higher secondary stats than a fully leveled white mod (well, RNG aside).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 23, 2016

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I've gotten close to a handful of five pip mods in the mod challenge this weekend to buff up Rey and my droid Arena team.

The one thing in this game that annoys me the most is the credit cost to get from ~lvl 65 to lvl 80. The credits to promote are high, but not silly, in my opinion, because promoting give characters a lot more power than leveling.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

uh zip zoom posted:

If the GGA is being disbanded, will there be room in the other guilds for migrants and refugees? I forget how all of this works

QGJ still has a couple slots left with the possibility of a few more if we remove some inactives.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
So who would you put in a aoe team? Also a counter team? Depending on how many I need to collect I might put one of these together.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
AoE team: Vader + Sid? With potency his AoE might stick? Lando, not sure who else.

Counter: Imagoondi, Aayla, Anakin, Dooku, not sure about 5th

Rano Pano
Jan 17, 2004

Mr. Neutron posted:

AoE team: Vader + Sid? With potency his AoE might stick? Lando, not sure who else

IG-88 can mow down entire teams just after good denuffing from Phasma and Ben.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

AoE team: Vader + Sid? With potency his AoE might stick? Lando, not sure who else.

Counter: Imagoondi, Aayla, Anakin, Dooku, not sure about 5th

I'd probably run 88 lead, Vader, Lando, RG. The fifth slot could be a lot of things. Anakin probably has the best AOE in the game right now. Phasma would do really well here, but you're already going to be doing all of the critting, so advantage isn't as good as it could be (although TM and slow are good). You could always go Rey because she's the best. You could also go Elder or Daka for the rezzes.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

I'd probably run 88 lead, Vader, Lando, RG. The fifth slot could be a lot of things. Anakin probably has the best AOE in the game right now. Phasma would do really well here, but you're already going to be doing all of the critting, so advantage isn't as good as it could be (although TM and slow are good). You could always go Rey because she's the best. You could also go Elder or Daka for the rezzes.

Would sid be a good 5th? I mean I would have to farm him but it seems like with him, Vader and 88omegaed Saber throw could be off the charts. I have 88, rg and Lando ready and I am working on ani so that's 4 out of 5.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Which goon officer is ever online? Don't relly care which guild.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Sekenr posted:

Just friend list someone in any guild and you can apply to the guild. Doesn't need to be anyone specific.

I'm sure you can find some id's in the thread. Possibly the op even. ;)

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Sekenr posted:

Also, it does matter a little which guild. IGD I think is full, or close to it, and you don't want to be in IGD if you don't have at least 1 7* guy, because you won't be able to raid at all.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Just said this in chat but for all our 2.5 Guilds it is good advice.

If you don't have anything you need to get from a request just make a request for low level poo poo. That kind of stuff can be passed about all day without hurting anyone's supply and it let's people get as many ranks of the cheevo faster. Plus low level common gear usually each person can trade 2 at a time.

Don't take me wrong you need something request it. But if you don't need anything help a brother out and make goofy request for poo poo you have hundreds of.

OK so the next hotness I am going to try is that aoe one. 88 (l), Lando, RG, anakin (in pregress) and who? Still stumped on that one.

Counter squad is currently fives, Fost, anakin, dukoo and ? This one's a bit harder due to needing to farm dorkuu, Fost is half way to 6 stars. Fives set. I was thinking of that blue jedi chick, as she counters and procs a assist on her basic. Of course that means a couple of weeks grounding them out and such. I mean I could get worried about falling behind, but honestly I am on the beta/release shard. It's whales-r-us.

Edit yeah counter squad is a bust until later after I have farmed a few more toons for the challenge stuff.

But on to more interesting ideas. Biggs, Geo, 86, Tuskegee raider. All have 2 turn cool downs on the assist. Do you put phasma in as lead to add to more 2-3 people hitting at once or 88 and use the crits to make them go boom.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

Would sid be a good 5th? I mean I would have to farm him but it seems like with him, Vader and 88omegaed Saber throw could be off the charts. I have 88, rg and Lando ready and I am working on ani so that's 4 out of 5.

Sid really started to fall off in the 60s, and I left him completely behind in the 70s. I have completely stopped using him. You could try it, but I just don't think he is worth it. Vader would just be so much better....instadeath lightsaber. Also, I got him 3 potency sets and now his dots proc always (50% potency). Even if his attack is dodged he can still land dots. Plus, you get extra points for running Ani and Vader.

I would run Fives in the assist comp. Extra turn on cd, I know, but he's just so good, and biggs is just so weak. I think Phasma over 88, but it is a close call. Guaranteed crit is good.

Counters: IGD lead, Fisto, Aayla, Fives, Dooku.