Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Colorado selects Paul Martin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Yaya posted:

Parenteau can be very on and off but a potential 20+ goals for that price can't be ignored. He was on my radar for sure.

Much like the rest of my team as long he stays healthy he should be good for 15-20 goals.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Technetium posted:

After much deliberation and staring at the gaping hole on my 1st line right wing the Nashville Predators select the criminally underrated by everyone PA Parenteau,

do not smear the good name of PAP

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

Colorado selects Paul Martin

That's literally who I was going to take next :negative:.

Alright, well in that case I take Trevor Daley. I know Dallas fans think he sucks and maybe he'd go back to being a lovely fancy stats player away from this year's Pens but he's a good skating defenseman who moves the puck well and can score. His lovely fancy years came when Dallas tried to rely on him as more of a complete defenseman. If my coach is smart and deploys him 35%ish o zone starts like what he got this year he'll produce. Plus he's on a one year deal so if he was a disaster for me it's no big deal

Landeskog-Malkin
Henrique-Kuznetsov
Couturier

Boychuk-Greene
Gudas-Daley - this pair is retarded but I would just deploy it with a lot of Ozone starts and let them generate a ton of scoring chances. They would not touch the d-zone starts too often if I could help it

Murray

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 22, 2016

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I was prepared to take a goalie at #281, and that goalie was Brian Elliott. But now I have to pick somebody else and I don't have time to research a skater so I'll just take Cam Talbot .

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

stab is up followed by Paulocaust and ThinkTank

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

That's literally who I was going to take next :negative:.

Lmao

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

eXXon posted:

Meanwhile, I picked Dandy Kaiser because his scoring rates are decent and he's a top four defenseman despite having had an off year (like most of the Dead Things). HERO charts say he's bad at possession because his numbers are worse than Mike "Never Seen a Defensive Zone in My Life" Green and his partner. I will ignore that because it's dumb.

I was hoping the name change would make everyone forget he existed and those who actually remember would think of my histrionics and use that as an excuse to pass on him when they could have a pretty decent 3-5th defensman who is miscast as a hard minute #1 because the rest of the team is a bunch of nonsensical bullshit

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I was going to take Elliot but then I fell asleep before I could send my list for Brodeur's Nanny to laugh at.

So instead I'll take my second choice of Jannik Hansen

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna be gone the next little while so give me Tobias Enstrom in the hopes that stab doesn't pick him but if he does then just skip me and I'll pick when I'm home.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I was gonna take Enstrom, but needed a goalie

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Not at home this weekend so dont know if hes taken or not so if he is let me know guys

Also he sucks which continues my trend of lovely picks

zach bogosian

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I take Dmitri Kulikov

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The RECAPITATOR was skipped at 9:06, Otis Reddit has until 11:06 AM tomorrow to pick

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.
I will take Jacob Slavin to add to my defensive talent pool.
I do not know the guy, but based on the data I could find it seems like he may be decent. That's all I got.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

The RECAPITATOR posted:

I will take Jacob Slavin to add to my defensive talent pool.
I do not know the guy, but based on the data I could find it seems like he may be decent. That's all I got.

wow someone actually took him too

boo everyone who isn't me

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Boomer the Cannon can pick, to be followed by Flyinglemur & Good Soldier Svejk

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Boomer is skipped, FlyingLemur can pick

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm so ready to pick this fantasy hockey guy

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'm so ready to pick this fantasy hockey guy

i've had my dude ready to pick for a solid 2 days now but all these Slow rear end Pickers (SAPs) are blueballing me

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Toronto picks Nathan Beaulieu. Gotta work on that second pairing, and he's a diamond in the rough on Montreal right now.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Toronto picks Nathan Beaulieu. Gotta work on that second pairing, and he's a diamond in the rough on Montreal right now.

Boomer the Cannon, ruiner of nice things and overall jerk for making this pick. :mad:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Holy gently caress Paulocaust has $12 million space left and he's only got a 10 person team.
Those bottom two lines are going to have to be bargain bin as hell

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
My pick is incoming.... (don't get excited, its terrible)

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I need some more Defense and I'm sure I will get lambasted for this but I'm picking a guy that looked pretty good in the playoffs on a team that wasn't playing very good. (Keep in mind I am doing this with zero help from any fancy stats whatsoever - as if that wasn't obvious).

The Mighty Ducks select this fine looking young man

Brady Shay...Shea...Skjei? Really? That can't be right

Not being a Rangers fan I don't know if he's really terrible or not but he looked pretty good for what I saw of him, his contract is in my wheel house and hopefully he will get a little better.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

First actual Coyote player pick - come on home (unless you get traded because you don't sign) Tobias Rieder

Fast, young and skilled is the name of the game in the modern NHL, and (apparently) this guy is all those things. He plays minutes on both the PK and PP for the Coyotes and is only 23, which makes me think he'll feel right at home along-side Jordan Staal.

Hopefully he doesn't get a terrible contract, but look at this team. This is already better than the real Coyotes I think.

Nash - Monahan - Tarasenko
x - Staal - Rieder

Maatta - Jones
De Haan - Parayko

Gibson

Go go Mentholmoose

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Rieder is awesome and I knew he wouldn't make it back to me

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Although your second line should be your third line

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I had two D pegged here, but youth always wins, and the other guy may make it back to me in the next round or two, but I doubt that Ryan Murphy will.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

Flyinglemur posted:

I need some more Defense and I'm sure I will get lambasted for this but I'm picking a guy that looked pretty good in the playoffs on a team that wasn't playing very good. (Keep in mind I am doing this with zero help from any fancy stats whatsoever - as if that wasn't obvious).

The Mighty Ducks select this fine looking young man

Brady Shay...Shea...Skjei? Really? That can't be right

Not being a Rangers fan I don't know if he's really terrible or not but he looked pretty good for what I saw of him, his contract is in my wheel house and hopefully he will get a little better.

He seems to be in a similar spot to where McDonagh was about five or six years ago. Maybe not as silky smooth but I see him becoming at least a steady 19 minute a night second pair guy who moves the puck very well and does everything else a team would ask of him. Perhaps even untapped potential. Very very good pick.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think I've taken Murphy like twice in the past 3 drafts. I wonder if he'll put it together.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Otis Reddit posted:

I had two D pegged here, but youth always wins, and the other guy may make it back to me in the next round or two, but I doubt that Ryan Murphy will.

I sort of considered taking him just to confuse the poo poo out of people by pairing him with Murray.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Pick faster jerks, I have to leave soon. :argh:

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Holy gently caress Paulocaust has $12 million space left and he's only got a 10 person team.
Those bottom two lines are going to have to be bargain bin as hell

Pro manager

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
There are also a few people who are going to have take some dumb dumb contracts to hit the floor.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

at 3:52, mentholmoose will be skipped and I'll make my badass pick, to be followed by Furnaceface

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Aye Doc posted:

at 3:52, mentholmoose will be skipped and I'll make my badass pick, to be followed by Furnaceface

Or you can make it now.

Because I'm taking Dan Hamhuis.

He seems to be really good at the shot suppression thing, and he can play 20 minutes a night. Plus he's only under contract for 2 more seasons.

Daniel Sedin-Tyler Seguin-Jake Voracek
x-Nicklas Backstrom-Sam Bennett
x-J.T. Miller-x

Sami Vatanen-Michael Stone
x-Dan Hamhuis

Ben Bishop

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The Florida Panthers are delighted to be adding one of their own to the team - we select James Reimer . Goalies are voodoo as everyone knows but there are some smart people working to untangle that voodoo and all of the metrics they come up with and use say Reimer is a great goaltender. Nobody really knows when the heck a goalies prime years are but the best evidence right now says it's from 27 through 29 so I have some more of Reimer's top play left to see. For as good as he is, his 3.4 million dollar cap hit over the next 5 years seems to me like a hell of a bargain.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

T-Bone posted:

There are also a few people who are going to have take some dumb dumb contracts to hit the floor.

I have a plan for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Some of the numbers I turned up during my essays made me really high on Reimer. Dude took an absolutely retarded number of shots on the Leafs, I'm looking forward to how he does on the Panthers but I dunno how much time he gets with Luongo still being pretty good.

• Locked thread