Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

Clocks posted:

You can basically stack as many party elixirs as you want, too, since they're on a 1min cooldown and don't affect each other.

The one defense one offense thing still sticks for that though right?

Or can you boost your ap by 30 or whatever if you stack fury and frenzy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

You can definitely have multiple offense potions running at once. I'm not sure if they have to be triggered by other people in your party or if you can just chug all the pots yourself, though.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

fletcher posted:

I started by stockpiling grains (~5k of each potatoes, wheat, and barley) in order to make a shitload of beer. At the same time I was doing that, started building up ore resources (iron, copper, tin, zinc, etc), lumber, and eventually coal. Now I have a shitload of all those resources with ample amounts of everything to craft boats, wagons, horse gear, armor, etc so I kinda stopped farming them for now and switched over to the nodes that give the various Trace of * items needed for alchemy. This map was helpful to getting that going.

Contributionerd here.

Word of advice: There are *very* few reasons to harvest potatoes and wheat, for example. Some ingredients are part of a 'class' and are interchangeable. Corn, Wheat, Barley, Potato are all interchangeable, so harvest one (from two nodes if you like) to save on bank space. Same goes for "vegetables". And for cooking, meat is in three classes, and not until late game will you really use the chicken class or the lizard class. The caveat is.. when you have a quest to make 100 sweet potato dough, it requires sweet potatoes. You can hit the market for stuff like that tho if necessary.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Ninjas seem fun. They get a double jump.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

glug posted:

Contributionerd here.

Word of advice: There are *very* few reasons to harvest potatoes and wheat, for example. Some ingredients are part of a 'class' and are interchangeable. Corn, Wheat, Barley, Potato are all interchangeable, so harvest one (from two nodes if you like) to save on bank space.

Yea it takes more inventory space but there's a bunch of potatoes and wheat around velia and heidel so if you get both, you can accumulate more.

You have a shitload of black crystals. That's probably about how many I've used crafting Grunil armor.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

happy cabbage posted:

So what are some good ways to grief in this game?

I used to take a hunting rifle, sit with a gillie suit in some bushes along the side of one of the "major" roads, and shoot afk autopathers off the back of their horse.

Can also shoot afk fishers off of fishing boats (if anyone still does that).

Clocks posted:

You can definitely have multiple offense potions running at once. I'm not sure if they have to be triggered by other people in your party or if you can just chug all the pots yourself, though.

Oh man, I'm gonna have to test that out. Grinding at the speed of light!

Although I guess it means I'll have to pick alchemy back up, ugh.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
They have a new desert ghillie suit, and seeing as being in the desert can kill you I imagine that would be a lot funnier. Of course I also imagine people aren't going to be afk pathing in the desert for very long because of it. And, you know, it costs 30 loving dollars.

e: I respect the balls on them to pull stuff like that. "Here's a costume that costs more than you paid for this game, enjoy!".

Mulva fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 21, 2016

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Just hit 40 with my main, and the evolution of the black spirit is really cool. The creepy ragged feather cape thing you get on it around that level is especially nice.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Is the goon guild active? Last few pages alluded to drama but I have a good handle on the game now so I'm considering moving to NA.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

Demiurge4 posted:

Is the goon guild active? Last few pages alluded to drama but I have a good handle on the game now so I'm considering moving to NA.

We are all in different guilds but we are hanging out here http://discordapp.com/invite/y6PcMuR

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
I've started playing this way more lately. I'm really digging it.

I have Gift Letters of Repayment that need to be traded. If any of you are up to exchange letters 1-4, let me know. Family name is Eturna.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

That rear end in a top hat still plays this game? Also idgi.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Turn A posted:

I've started playing this way more lately. I'm really digging it.

I have Gift Letters of Repayment that need to be traded. If any of you are up to exchange letters 1-4, let me know. Family name is Eturna.

I've got a few. Family Sacrelicious. Im in the second megaserverwhatever.

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com
If I start playing now, will I be too late to be effective in the game?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Nope. 1-50 is FAST but then it grinds to a crawl FOR LVLing. You can lvl to 100+ but...good luck with that.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
You can get to 50 in a few days where the single player end game kinda starts. It probably take a few more weeks to get to 55 where most people are.

The game is really good when you level your first character upto 50 though. It didn't feel like a slog to me

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Invest in pets. They make your life so much easier.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

It will not take weeks. 1-55 should be very easy (well, a bit harder if it's your first character) and 55-56 can be done in ten hours after that. Past that it becomes more of a slog. For instance I get approximately 1% an hour at 57 but I reckon sometime in August they'll globally boost exp rates again. That said let's not get carried away with this leveling to 100 rhetoric; the top players in KR at the moment are 62? I believe. However there is no hard cap on leveling.

If you're just starting out now you won't be able to PVP against top tier people but you should definitely be able to play fine otherwise. Gearing in this game becomes increasingly more expensive as you upgrade more so eventually most people reach a sort of plateau while they work on their next big thing.

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com

darkhand posted:

You can get to 50 in a few days where the single player end game kinda starts. It probably take a few more weeks to get to 55 where most people are.

The game is really good when you level your first character upto 50 though. It didn't feel like a slog to me

What does the endgame consist of at this point?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

iRoNgHosT posted:

What does the endgame consist of at this point?

Like most games, erotic roleplay and fishing.

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com

Boogaleeboo posted:

Like most games, erotic roleplay and fishing.

gently caress yeah! Where do I sign up! I'm pretty psyched to try out erotic fishing...

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
To be fair the game does allow you to hunt whales with firearms, so it's not loving about at least.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Demiurge4 posted:

They all died and are several weeks in the ground. The remaining active players are scattered across various pubbie guilds because goons are unable to lead even each other.

Business as usual really.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Pretty sure they died for a good reason. I recently found that you can only really improve items past a certain point by a process that significantly downgrades their max durability frequently, and to restore it...you need to engage in super repetitive 'social' bullshit with NPCs which is a huge time sink. You need to do this every time you need to restore said durability. Which is a LOT. Grinding is fine, but this isn't even gameplay. It's just...ugh.

If you aren't invested in the game yet, run. If you are, cut your losses.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
That's only to have the absolute best of the best gear. You can easily gently caress around and get gear almost as good as that with no real effort at all. I mean if you are going to go through all that, you are probably the sort of person that cheeses failstacks too, so you aren't even eating the full force of how terrible that is. But I mean yeah, it's still a deeply flawed game. I think I had more fun playing Moonlight Blade, and I didn't even understand what was happening around me.

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.

Blasphemaster posted:

I recently found that you can only really improve items past a certain point by a process that significantly downgrades their max durability frequently, and to restore it...you need to engage in super repetitive 'social' bullshit with NPCs which is a huge time sink.

Or have your workers craft the items, or buy them off the AH, or buy already upgraded items off the AH, or grind in one of the locations the items drop. There's really no reason to play that social minigame unless you like playing it.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

cyrn posted:

Or have your workers craft the items, or buy them off the AH, or buy already upgraded items off the AH, or grind in one of the locations the items drop. There's really no reason to play that social minigame unless you like playing it.

I was informed that you need to do the social aspect to get them the max durability reastored at all. Once you have a copy of the base item, what do you do, precisely?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Nah that's bullshit, there are items that restore the durability to anything, or as said you can buy them off the AH, or some quests might give it, or you can grind an area they drop, or you can just buy the fully upgraded version. It's not like making money is hard in the game. Or, indeed, anything but grinding up skills is hard.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Blasphemaster posted:

I was informed that you need to do the social aspect to get them the max durability reastored at all. Once you have a copy of the base item, what do you do, precisely?

If you attempt to enhance an item and it fails, the item loses 5 max durability. To repair this, you can take it to a blacksmith along with a copy of the same item (the copy doesn't have to be enhanced at all), and he will eat the 2nd item to restore 10 max durability on the original item. For super rare items like boss armors and weapons, repairing max durability this way is way too expensive and impractical. There is an item you get from certain scroll bosses called a memory fragment that can be used to repair max durability on items as well. It repairs 2 max durability on blue quality items, and 1 max durability on gold quality items. It repairs even more on green quality gear but that is a waste of fragments. This is how people repair boss gear. You find a group of people with 5 ancient relic scrolls or whatever and everyone pops all their scrolls and walks away with a bunch of memory fragments to repair stuff. For common, green quality gear you repair by just consuming bunches of copies of the same item obtained however you want.

What may have caused this confusion is that one of the most popular armor sets, grunil, was completely sold out for a very long time after the mediah patch dropped. You pretty much had to do the social minigame to get pieces to repair with in a reasonable amount of time, since the black crystals you needed to craft it with were rare and only 1 worker node dropped them. They did drop in certain grind spots but that took a while. Now though valencia added a bunch of black crystal nodes, so manufacturing grunil is easier than ever and it is way more widely available to just buy on the market. The armor set they added with valencia, called rocaba, is sort of in the spot where grunil used to be. Always sold out, but you can't manufacture it, and grinding for it sucks. Fortunately though it is a minor upgrade for certain classes at best and you can just use grunil instead.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, if you're a new player, you're better off saving money to just buy some +15 amor or weapons or whatever since you're most likely going to come ahead in time/money in regards to enhancing. The amity minigame sucks dick but really isn't necessary to play unless you want to do some obscure energy-raising knowledge stuff. Or if you just started a kuno/ninja and needed to get the offhand enchanted.

It's definitely a lovely mechanic but out of all the lovely mechanics in this game I don't think that's the one that should make anyone quit. You can largely skip it. :)

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Christ. I got a lvl 12Blue yuria staff of blah blah whatever and upped it to 13, so it's down to 20/20 now. Would a regular green Yuria work or am I boned?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Blasphemaster posted:

Christ. I got a lvl 12Blue yuria staff of blah blah whatever and upped it to 13, so it's down to 20/20 now. Would a regular green Yuria work or am I boned?

Yeah you can use a regular green yuria staff to repair it. 10 durability per yuria staff.

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com
Which channel usually has the most players? Even though there are tons of players around, I never see anyone chatting in /channel.

Almost level 40, and loving this game. So much to do...

J
Jun 10, 2001

iRoNgHosT posted:

Which channel usually has the most players? Even though there are tons of players around, I never see anyone chatting in /channel.

Almost level 40, and loving this game. So much to do...

The game heavily encourages you to AFK. Farm crops don't grow and workers don't work while offline, and there are things you can do while completely AFK like fish or train horses. A lot of the players you see in towns at any given time are AFK. And chatting in channel chat actually costs 1 energy per message sent to discourage spam and useless poo poo. Although you should still see a fair amount of people chatting there regardless.

As far as channels go, you can switch channels every 15 minutes. People will tend to switch until they find an empty spot to grind in. Probably have to find which ones are most crowded by trial and error.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
So a thing just happened,
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/106513-in-game-accessibility-to-pearl-shop-items/&page=1

Don't know what to feel about this, but then again I've barely touched the game after hitting lvl 50 because I didn't feel like grinding endlessly just to be barely competitive in PvP :v:

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman.
confirmed paytowin, i just uninstalled

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

Stalins Moustache posted:

So a thing just happened,
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/106513-in-game-accessibility-to-pearl-shop-items/&page=1

Don't know what to feel about this, but then again I've barely touched the game after hitting lvl 50 because I didn't feel like grinding endlessly just to be barely competitive in PvP :v:

:lol:

rip black desert

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

How is this different from other MMOs that allow the sale of cash shop items in the games market?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

How is this different from other MMOs that allow the sale of cash shop items in the games market?

It's not, this is basically Archeage's cash shop now except horribly overpriced. The differences would be that BDO is B2P and not F2P, which brings with it at least a bit more expectation that power is not for sale. I kind of wish it had been like this from the start, so I felt like someone who has a full time job could hope for some semblance of keeping up in power.